PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: The Carla Connection - New Land - 2022 May 25

judyandthecat
05-25-22, 02:54 PM
This is how you get a new friend and land!

Goal 1 of 5: The Carla Connection
Hey there! My friend Carla said she was going to come hang out on our farm today, bit I haven't been able to find her. Can you help me look for her?
Look for Carla
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 5: The Carla Connection
Yoo hoo! You there... Yeah, you! Can you come over to see me? I've got some really cool stickers to show you!
Expand to Carla - 1 Expansion Permit
Hit the Go Button
36 Old Maps
36 Expansion Permits
36 Land Deeds
160,000 Coins

Goal 3 of 5: The Carla Connection
Well hey there! I'm Carla! It sure is good to meet you... my friend Piper couldn't stop talking about her farm, I had to come see it for myself... and of course I've brought some stickers! But first I'm feeling a little hungry...
Get 5 Cinnamon Snails
Give 5 Cinnamon Snails

Goal 4 of 5: The Carla Connection
I don't know if you've heard, but I've got the biggest sticker collection this side of the river... but I think I'm gonna need your help to make it even bigger! But first, i need a little bit more sugar!
Get 5 Bag of Sweets
Give 5 Bag of Sweets

Goal 5 of 5: The Carla Connection
During events, you can help me by collecting stickers and turning them into the Collections Gallery! If we work together, I'll have the biggest sticker collection in the world!
Get 5 Apple Cotton Candy
Give 5 Apple Cotton Candy
REWARDS: 200 coins, Carla's Luggage, 3 experience points

judyandthecat
05-25-22, 02:54 PM
Saved for event information

judyandthecat
05-25-22, 02:55 PM
Saved for event information
Original land expansion parts

Lapetshop7
05-25-22, 03:21 PM
This is nice! Going to take me forever to get all of the old expansion papers though..

judyandthecat
05-25-22, 03:30 PM
This is nice! Going to take me forever to get all of the old expansion papers though..

I have bought every one I have seen in the paper since I kind of thought was going to be original land pieces.

Lapetshop7
05-25-22, 03:33 PM
Wish I would have seen that land then so I could have done the same! I haven't really been playing so haven't noticed it there..

I have bought every one I have seen in the paper since I kind of thought was going to be original land pieces.

judyandthecat
05-25-22, 06:02 PM
I LOVE this new way of getting a piece of land!
Carla is nice new addition to our Farms!
Piper's Friend!
All children love collecting stickers!
Or collector cards... fun!

RoyalBlue305
05-26-22, 07:50 PM
Well I guess we were right about it being a new spot but unfortunately needing the old parts is frustrating. Many of us asked S8 over and over if the old parts were going to be needed again and we were never answered, so I decided as did others to risk it and sell the parts to make barn space. Couldn't help it. Saving 3 levels of expansion parts was virtually impossible. So now back to square one again searching and searching for these old parts. Ugh.

judyandthecat
05-30-22, 07:51 AM
I added the link in Farm Story 2 goals Guide for our new Carla Connection!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide

Lapetshop7
05-30-22, 07:02 PM
Still need papers for this *tear*

TwixAndScones
06-09-22, 02:16 PM
So I was able to finally complete "Carla's Connection" today, and is she supposed to be an event helper?

It kinda implies it. If so, how and where are we supposed to get these stickers? I am confused on her involvement.

judyandthecat
06-09-22, 03:04 PM
So I was able to finally complete "Carla's Connection" today, and is she supposed to be an event helper?

It kinda implies it. If so, how and where are we supposed to get these stickers? I am confused on her involvement.

The last event had stickers.
Read Goal 11
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113759-Fondness-for-Pond-Ness-Event-2022-May-25

Kind of like the stickers we collected for Ness goals were for Carla.

TwixAndScones
06-09-22, 04:05 PM
The last event had stickers.
Read Goal 11
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113759-Fondness-for-Pond-Ness-Event-2022-May-25

Kind of like the stickers we collected for Ness goals were for Carla.

I'm still a bit confused... but was it only for that event then? Or is there going to be reoccurring sticker themes across other events so that she can help?

ExcalS8
06-09-22, 04:15 PM
I'm still a bit confused... but was it only for that event then? Or is there going to be reoccurring sticker themes across other events so that she can help?

Moving forward, Collection Events will use Stickers from Carla's Sticker Book (however, the stickers themselves will not be reusable from one event to another).

TwixAndScones
06-09-22, 04:31 PM
Moving forward, Collection Events will use Stickers from Carla's Sticker Book (however, the stickers themselves will not be reusable from one event to another).

So basically these?

(Ignore the bait)

Interesting... So she will be a Collections Gallery helper in some capacity going forward. I wonder how she works and ties into it, other than the obvious sticker thing she needs. Since I didn't play the first collections gallery that she could help in.

Mitzi111
06-22-22, 12:47 AM
Where do the expansion parts come from? They used to pop up from the fishing pond, but It has been forever since I got any and haven?t been able to expand,

judyandthecat
06-22-22, 06:43 AM
Where do the expansion parts come from? They used to pop up from the fishing pond, but It has been forever since I got any and haven?t been able to expand,

Newspaper or sending planes.

Mitzi111
06-22-22, 07:02 PM
Oh sending planes?!! OK. Thx judyandthecat

KojiMama
06-23-22, 11:55 AM
All that Carla does for me is when I click on her it opens up my to-do list. Is it a lower level thing? Also I’ve got a multi-colored horse popping up on my farm dropping something that if I collect 5000 I can make what I hope is a regular pet rather than an exotic pet. But it’ll take me a century to collect from this horse. How else do I collect those parts?

ExcalS8
06-23-22, 01:25 PM
All that Carla does for me is when I click on her it opens up my to-do list. Is it a lower level thing? Also I’ve got a multi-colored horse popping up on my farm dropping something that if I collect 5000 I can make what I hope is a regular pet rather than an exotic pet. But it’ll take me a century to collect from this horse. How else do I collect those parts?

There are three of them.

Each one drops PetCoins that you can redeem in the Farmer's Outpost for any of those pets (they are regular pets). This special mini-event lasts until the Mega-Sale ends on Monday.

Lapetshop7
06-24-22, 10:20 AM
Can we only get one of them or can we work towards all three???

There are three of them.

Each one drops PetCoins that you can redeem in the Farmer's Outpost for any of those pets (they are regular pets). This special mini-event lasts until the Mega-Sale ends on Monday.

Lapetshop7
06-24-22, 10:24 AM
They need 500, not 5,000. I'm already almost to 400 and I just noticed this last night before bed. Good luck!!

PuntaMita
06-24-22, 12:38 PM
Hello farmers,
Working on chasing the critters to gain coin tokens and not getting credit for 5,10 and 15 amounts. They are somewhat rare but this is definitely taking place on my farm.
My baby farm somehow rolled back to zero yesterday afternoon. Having a few game glitches - like buying cider for my train from paper. Loaded the cider, was still short one, came back to load another item and found the cider back at zero!
I also bought the kitty tree and birthday items that have a tool box with a green check mark above it but can not open them.
Is my farm in the twilight zone or are others experiencing any of these issues????

Lapetshop7 you are doing great!
Thank you for the tip to shop market via pet tabs etc.
My neighbor has wanted the Rottweiler for a long while.

Lapetshop7
06-24-22, 12:59 PM
I'm also having trouble with farm reloading and I have the boxes with green check marks as well from buying the same items. Not sure what's going on.. and no problem! I'm happy my information helped someone out!! I had no idea until I browsed through the different tabs yesterday so I know some will probably miss finding out!

Hello farmers,
Working on chasing the critters to gain coin tokens and not getting credit for 5,10 and 15 amounts. They are somewhat rare but this is definitely taking place on my farm.
My baby farm somehow rolled back to zero yesterday afternoon. Having a few game glitches - like buying cider for my train from paper. Loaded the cider, was still short one, came back to load another item and found the cider back at zero!
I also bought the kitty tree and birthday items that have a tool box with a green check mark above it but can not open them.
Is my farm in the twilight zone or are others experiencing any of these issues????

judyandthecat
06-24-22, 01:00 PM
Hello farmers,

I can answer your one question.
The 5, 10 and 15 amounts are coin coins not the gold coins.
I've even tapped and got a plank and a can of paint.

ExcalS8
06-24-22, 01:50 PM
Hello farmers,

For the Kitty Tree and Birthday Cakes, please write in a ticket to Support.

PuntaMita
06-24-22, 06:55 PM
Thank you so much Judy!!
I feel so dumb -
My goodness, thank you for clearing that up.
Excal thank you as well.
Will get a ticket going.
We sure keep you hoping lol.
Loving these events and prizes!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

orca1006
06-25-22, 12:31 AM

I'm also having trouble with farm reloading

check out my conversation with the team in that thread, as the rollbacks you?ve experienced in the last couple days might be related to this (it has been fixed now):

I'm going to make the Point Cards visible again. I encourage you to sell/remove them since they won't have a purpose, and they won't appear in the Newspaper to buy anymore (but Stormie will still buy them from you). I don't have a timeline on when they will be globally deleted, and that's still ultimately the plan, but this should at least prevent the rollbacks and show you a more accurate Barn limit.