PDA

View Full Version : Buying slots with gems is a bad deal

shawa13
04-30-11, 07:32 AM
I invested real money in gems to buy slots because I thought that would really improve my game. BAD investment. Once you buy a slot, you stop getting slots from leveling. So for 25 gems, you are getting use of the slot for the few days before you would get the slot anyway from normal leveling.

I complained to TeamLava support that I hadn't been receiving slots from leveling and it was a bug, and the reply was:

Purchasing the slots gives you access to these slots early; they aren't in addition to the slots you get from Leveling. Eventually, users who do not purchase slots will catch up to those who do after they have leveled up enough (except for the last slot, which always costs Gems).

So, by all means, buy the slots if you have the gems and want to get a slot early, but for people that don't have a lot of real money to put into gems, it is a bad investment. You will get the slot anyway in a couple days.

Rockinkitten
05-01-11, 01:51 AM
Oh wow that sounds really unfair! It should be additional!

ahshan
05-01-11, 10:24 AM
That's horrible. The thing says "buy slot for 25 gems" and not "unlock slot for 25 gems".
TeamLava did not make this clear at all. Buy and unlock have 2 totally different meanings and make a difference of 25 gems.
If this happened to me, I would have to think I got scammed because the label was a lie since buy=/=unlock.

mcc1230
05-02-11, 02:30 AM
It's like "early unlock" only :(

That's horrible. The thing says "buy slot for 25 gems" and not "unlock slot for 25 gems".
TeamLava did not make this clear at all. Buy and unlock have 2 totally different meanings and make a difference of 25 gems.
If this happened to me, I would have to think I got scammed because the label was a lie since buy=/=unlock.

RageofMars
05-04-11, 02:02 PM
Thanks for sharing this! I think this is very important information, for those that are wondering if they should invest in an extra slot. I do agree it's misleading, and the text should reflect something like, "unlock early for 25gems" instead.

Bump.

Rachael98
05-04-11, 02:56 PM
Ooohhh, that's sooo unfair! I'm actually going to complain!

tacosurfer
05-04-11, 03:16 PM
I accidentally swiped the "buy a slot for 25 gems" square when I was ordering and lost them instantly. It never asked to confirm. What a rip off!!

Rachael98
05-04-11, 03:19 PM
I accidentally swiped the "buy a slot for 25 gems" square when I was ordering and lost them instantly. It never asked to confirm. What a rip off!!

Gem trap. Sadly, TeamLava policy and T&C will not give you your gems back. Sorry.

GroupMagma
05-04-11, 05:10 PM
I'll notify our dev team of the potentially confusing wording. Thanks for the feedback.

driftboutique
05-04-11, 06:26 PM
I'll notify our dev team of the potentially confusing wording. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks. I bought about seven slots, I think, and I am really regretting it. I had no idea that the slots would unlock themselves if I waited. I think a wording change would go a long way toward helping people understand the situation.

babyfuffer
05-04-11, 08:11 PM
urgh!!! happened to me last night too!!! so frustrating!! i accidentely swiped the "buy a slot for 25 gems" when i was ordering....sighhhh

Rachael98
05-05-11, 10:14 AM

You were annoyed at my VM pointing it put and now...:confused:

casadolce
05-06-11, 08:51 PM
I, too, lost 25 gems by accidentally touching the buy slot box, and I think it's a trap. You need to use those tiny arrows to move around the slots, and its very easy to touch the box by mistake. Be extremely careful! Or spend your gems when you get 24 gems.

saintlover
05-10-11, 07:35 PM
urgh!!! happened to me last night too!!! so frustrating!! i accidentely swiped the "buy a slot for 25 gems" when i was ordering....sighhhh

I just got zapped with the accidental swipe too grrrr

Kialya
05-10-11, 11:55 PM
Please include a confirmation button for ANY of such purchases to be fair to users.

Don't you think most of us would like that extra confirmation when spending something to the tune of 25 gems? ie $5 USD?

I once spent something like 20 gems for 20 000 coins by clicking harder when I meant to swipe in the expansion tab.

Seriously, i don't get how hard it is for you guys to implement a confirmation feature - we already have that when we're trying to get rid of expired items, be it food or clothes.

shawa13
05-20-11, 02:04 AM
I also would like a confirmation feature.