PDA

View Full Version : Apple say restaurant and bakery apps freeze up

ssiii
04-29-11, 05:28 AM
I was fed up with iPad freezing up for up to 30 seconds every time i played Restaurant and Bakery. I took it to the Apple Store and they have Restaurant and Bakery listed as problematic for this (also the SkyR App)on their system.

PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE US AN UPDATE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

Soon?

lesleypsg1
04-29-11, 07:06 AM
I'm on iPad. I've never had the problem you're describing. I do know that most of these games are memory intensive so if you're not a 64gb, when running a game don't leave anything open in the background. Double tap home button. Press one of the open apps til red - appears, then tap - on all running to close the apps. Only keep open the game you are playing.

This applies to most games or intricate program apps, not just team lavas.

lesleypsg1
04-29-11, 07:07 AM
As an aside, my iPad is 64g, but I still don't let other apps run in background when I have any game open. Most I've had open is four story games running and no problems, but I still try to remember to close one before opening another. Just saying, even on the odd occasion I don't, my iPad has never frozen.

badger8
04-29-11, 07:40 AM
I also play on the iPad and have been playing for months. Never had a problem with game freezing for the 5 games I play- and RS and BS are 2 of them.
Anyone else??

driftboutique
04-29-11, 08:47 AM
No problems with my iPad. I sometimes get memory glitches if I forget to quit another TL game before playing RS. If that happens, I just quit RS and other open apps and reopen it. Problem solved!

I don't think this is a bug so much as a matter of taxing the hardware. Any game that's so graphically rich is going to cause memory problems, and many of us are playing several of these games.

ssiii
04-29-11, 09:33 AM
Well the diagnostic test they did said it was a memory problem so I shut down all of the open apps on the multi-task bar as well as the open web pages. Still the same problem. I've been playing for ages and this problem only started about 6 weeks ago. The Apple Techie also said that it may be because I never switch the iPad off so it never gets to renew its memory capacity - I usually keep it on all night while it's charging. Am going to try shutting it down more often now and see if it makes any difference. Loads of people reporting the same problem on the iPad forums.

GroupMagma
04-29-11, 09:36 AM
Well the diagnostic test they did said it was a memory problem so I shut down all of the open apps on the multi-task bar as well as the open web pages. Still the same problem. I've been playing for ages and this problem only started about 6 weeks ago. The Apple Techie also said that it may be because I never switch the iPad off so it never gets to renew its memory capacity - I usually keep it on all night while it's charging. Am going to try shutting it down more often now and see if it makes any difference. Loads of people reporting the same problem on the iPad forums.

This should help, but I'll bring this info to our engineering team too. Do you know what version of iOS your device is running?

ssiii
04-29-11, 03:18 PM
I'm running version 4.3.2 on iPad 1 : 32GB
- I just looked up my first mention of this problem and it is on this forum dated 31st March; I guess I would have waited a couple of weeks before posting so the estimate of 6 weeks ago as the start of the freezing is around right. What doesn't make sense is that I had months of trouble-free game play and then all of a sudden the freezing began. I don't play any of the other games yet- I only ever have Restaurant and Bakery running simultaneously.
I've now also freed up 6GB by deleting all my videos, which incidentally were always there before the problem arose.
The other App affected according to Apple is AppStart. I have experienced the same freezing effect as Restaurant and Bakery on SkyR and AppStart - these are the only 4 Apps on Apple's Genius Bar list which are doing this. So.....I'm wondering...IS IT JUST A MEMORY PROBLEM?

11/5/11. Just to let people know that having attempted all the possible ways to fix this I could not stop the freeze and Apple have agreed to replace the iPad.

15/5/11. Had brand new iPad, replaced by Apple but the game STILL FREEZES I'm afraid. Don't think it's the iPad somehow 