PDA

View Full Version : How Early Do You Decorate for A Holiday??

Jojocl141587
02-20-22, 09:01 AM
I?m just curious to know for those who like to decorate for all the little holidays besides Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas how early you put up your decorations? I?m wanting to decorate for St Patrick?s Day in March but I feel like it?s too early.

SyddieSweetShop
02-20-22, 10:49 AM
I?m just curious to know for those who like to decorate for all the little holidays besides Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas how early you put up your decorations? I?m wanting to decorate for St Patrick?s Day in March but I feel like it?s too early.

As soon as the month begins. Even if the holiday falls on the month's last day. Because that holiday is that month's special day. So you can celebrate it, by decorating, all month long.

Plus, I know a lot of people, like me, completely redesign their bakeries for holidays. Keeping it up all month long doesn't put your efforts to waste.

BeachBum2723
02-21-22, 07:39 AM
Do whatever you want! :) As soon as a “holiday” is over I start decorating for the next. I have all my St. Patrick’s Day stuff up in my bakery already. But then I do it at my home too. I’m one who decorates for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. :D

kayjco2
02-22-22, 03:43 PM
More than a month is too much, IMO. It if it makes you happy, though, it is your restaurant, do it your way! :)

January 1 - 2: New Year*s Eve
January 2-25 - Winter
January 25 - February 15: St. Valentine*s Day
February 16 - March 2: Mardi Gras
March 3 - March 18: St. Patrick*s Day
March 19 - April 18: Easter
April 19 - June 15: Spring
(Cinco de Mayo tossed in briefly)
June 16 - July 5th: Independence Day
July 6 - July 15: Summer beach
July 16- August 10: Summer flowers
August 10 - September 30: Autumn
October: Halloween
November to 25th: Thanksgiving
November 26 - December 26: Christmas
December 27 - 31: New Year*s

That is my rough schedule, sometimes a little generic stuff is tossed in. I think holidays are more special when they are celebrated during their season. Plus, if you start with Christmas on October 15, you miss Halloween and Thanksgiving entirely. It is always a treat for me to turn on Christmas music Thanksgiving night and put the decorations up the next day.

If you spend a quarter or half your year decorated for Christmas, it just is not as special.

I do like to have seasonal decorations, too. Right after Christmas I switch to winter, that sort of thing. :)

I would change more often in between bigger holidays, but it is so many taps and such a pain. It takes me days to switch from one to another as it is. One year (last year? Year before?) I skipped Mardi Gras because the date just fell at a time when there would have been too much tapping for too short a time.

HalibelsChocolatte
02-26-22, 09:40 PM
Couldn?t care less what people may think if I decorate ?early?. My time and money I put in. I do what gives me joy and make me happy.