PDA

View Full Version : Game not working

barksnchirps
02-16-22, 02:10 AM
I tried to start Basic version i.e.FS 1.5.6.7 and other versions also but fashion story is not working on my phone since morning.Help me pls....
Device Name:Realme C11
Device Android:11
My boutique name:Rose boutique

michellekxo
02-16-22, 02:46 AM
I tried to start Basic version i.e.FS 1.5.6.7 and other versions also but fashion story is not working on my phone since morning.Help me pls....
Device Name:Realme C11
Device Android:11
My boutique name:Rose boutique

Same here. I?m having same issue. . For mines, it's saying it can't connect to the Internet and to check my connection again. There's nothing wrong with my data n I have internet on my phone bc I can use internet on my phone for other apps and regular data usage. Fashion story is only app that can't connect online.

Naomi75
02-16-22, 03:40 AM
Same here too. A friend of mine is also having this problem even though Bakery and Restaurant Story are loading just fine. ☹️

barksnchirps
02-16-22, 03:59 AM
Friends,there might be some problem....we have to wait for Storm8 to reply🙂

RobertCr4458
02-16-22, 04:28 AM
@michellekxo:
SAME here. It is evening of Wed., Feb. 16th ( my time, early A.m. - their time. ) And @#$%ing Farm Story has NOT worked ALL afternoon. WTF??? SAME problem, like yours - FS says, "No Internet. Check you connection and try again." But I would NOT be able to look/post elsewhere ( including posting THIS message ) if my Internet was not working.

eva015
02-16-22, 05:24 AM
Fashion Story NOT working on Android but appears to work on iOS. Hopefully this will be resolved by Storm8. I think other Storm8 games are working normally

fillyna
02-16-22, 07:23 AM
Same problem here. FS not working all day (((

princesskayla02
02-16-22, 10:35 AM
A lot of ppl r experience this. I'm in the Facebook groups for FS. It started yesterday after 2 pm. And still can't get on. Andriod user.

Myo2012
02-16-22, 11:19 AM
Same here!! Not working, connection blablabla!! FIX THIS!!

Sharshe
02-16-22, 11:42 AM
Kenapa tidak dapat terhubung kek koneksi ,padahal koneksi saya baik-baik saja tolong buat perbaiki secepatnya

[S8] Elsa
02-16-22, 03:27 PM
Did you update your Android? Android 12 is in beta and you may experience issues with apps performing, launching, and crashing.

It appears this may have been also rolled out into Android 11 and 10. If you have the option on your device, you can try going to your system settings and uninstall updates. Updating to 12 likely won't resolve it, but if you get a notice that there's an OS update you can check the patch notes to see if it includes any crash-related fixes before installing it.

Unfortunately, you may also experience these issues with other apps on your device since it's an Android OS issue. Our team will do our best to look into it, but we are likely very limited on what we can do to help. :(

Edit to add, also perhaps try this and let me know if it helps:
Settings -> Application Manager -> App Info -> Android System WebView > Uninstall Updates

supergyrl96
02-16-22, 07:24 PM
Same here. Fashion story won?t work on my Android but restaurant and bakery story does. I have Android version 11 and Fashion Story version 1.5.6.7

barksnchirps
02-16-22, 08:17 PM
I tried everything I could to start the game.I removed unused apps,cleared the cache, reinstalled FS App-1.5.6.7 but nothing works.You people have to find out where the problem is.Pls do this.😊

karazam
02-16-22, 08:53 PM
My Fashion Story game is not working either. Since 16th Feb, 2022 at about 1pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time). I had a look in Fantasy Forest Story which is the game that you need to log into to reaccess your progress on Storm 8 games when you get a new device. Fashion Story is no longer listed under the list of Storm 8 games. Have they deleted it? They have not been supporting any issues with it for quite some time.

fillyna
02-16-22, 09:53 PM
Elsa;1666219']Did you update your Android? Android 12 is in beta and you may experience issues with apps performing, launching, and crashing.

It appears this may have been also rolled out into Android 11 and 10. If you have the option on your device, you can try going to your system settings and uninstall updates. Updating to 12 likely won't resolve it, but if you get a notice that there's an OS update you can check the patch notes to see if it includes any crash-related fixes before installing it.

Unfortunately, you may also experience these issues with other apps on your device since it's an Android OS issue. Our team will do our best to look into it, but we are likely very limited on what we can do to help. :(

Settings -> Application Manager -> App Info -> Android System WebView > Uninstall Updates

No updates and still not working.

Saphirmoon
02-16-22, 10:01 PM
Elsa;1666219']Did you update your Android? Android 12 is in beta and you may experience issues with apps performing, launching, and crashing.

Are you telling us we should not update our android Systems?

You do realize that we have no other choice? then to update cause others apps need an upgraded android system. ?o.o

My current android is version 11

Plz fix this issue. u.u
I love Fashion Story.

karazam
02-17-22, 01:43 AM

The version of my Android phone is 10. There are no system updates available to do. The last system update was done on 20th November 2021. The game has disappeared from the list in Forest Fantasy story, which is the game I use to log in and keep my current game and progress when I get a new device.

fatmama64
02-17-22, 05:30 AM
I'm an android player and I don't know what Elsa is talking about.
I play 4 shops using the basic FS version usually on 1 device and change accounts through Bakery Story.

Feb 16 I played my main shop at reset and all went well. After that I wanted to play the other accounts. BS login functioned as normal.
FS Basic started telling: Oh no! online game blablabla. After trying a few times I went to my main shop and all was normal.
But after trying I noticed I was able to play the Halloween version for my little ones.

To cut a long story short:
I can play my main shop using FS Basic and Halloween and the other 3 only by using FS Halloween.

So what update is doing that? Maybe it's the valentine's sale ending?

BTW any customer service would do more for its customers.

karenmarieneal
02-17-22, 07:34 AM
Someone at Storm 8 should let us know what's going on with Fashion Story Game.
It is so not right to just to let the game we have loved & supported for "YEARS" to just not care at all.
I'm crushed & heart broken. You have no idea of the bonds the girls, young ladies, middle age women & even Senior women such as myself, cherish this game!!!

mstormyrose786
02-17-22, 09:39 AM
It is so not right to just to let the game we have loved & supported for "YEARS" to just not care at all.
I'm crushed & heart broken. You have no idea of the bonds the girls, young ladies, middle age women & even Senior women such as myself, cherish this game!!!

Did your game stop working, too? I haven't been able to get on in 2 days, but the other Story games work fine.

mstormyrose786
02-17-22, 09:50 AM
Yep, same here. Game quit working the other day. No updates. Have tried multiple versions, none work on my Android at all. Bakery, Restaurant, & Pet Shop - no problem. I am disappointed, too. And I have also made purchases.

These all being older games, they don't get the support we need. But if the games exist, they should be supported. I really do hope I can get back on there soon.

Saphirmoon
02-17-22, 10:55 AM
BTW any customer service would do more for its customers.

I agree, i am so dissapointed that Storm8 is not updating its Apps. :(
And i can?t go back from android 11 to android 10, i called the company today who produced the current Smartphone i have.
They told me if you try to use any programms,to reset the adroid Version back to an older android Version that this is illegal to do that!
i would loose my warranty for my phone, if i tried to remove the android Version back to an older Android Version.
So guys don?t do this!

It is Storm8 job to provide updates that make Fashion Story running for Android 10 or Android 11.

mstormyrose786
02-17-22, 04:53 PM
Doesn't make sense for it to be the version of the Android, if it's been working fine on that device til now. I have been playing all of them since early last year on the same 2 devices. It's got to be the app itself.

elainec1
02-17-22, 05:14 PM
Now, this is interesting. I've been playing FS for awhile and I have a couple of old shops that I'm no longer actively playing. One of them works just fine on this Android version while the others do not.

[S8] Elsa
02-17-22, 06:08 PM
Doesn't make sense for it to be the version of the Android, if it's been working fine on that device til now. I have been playing all of them since early last year on the same 2 devices. It's got to be the app itself.

You can open the game on the Android with Android 7, but not the one with Android 10 right?

Now, this is interesting. I've been playing FS for awhile and I have a couple of old shops that I'm no longer actively playing. One of them works just fine on this Android version while the others do not.

I only see two, but you mentioned other shops. Can you private message me all of your Storm8 IDs? The two I checked are fine. If you can play on Android 12 at all, you should be able to play both accounts.

barksnchirps
02-17-22, 06:19 PM
Elsa,I m using Android version 11 and FS is not working.I m playing it since last 4 years.I miss my game.Pls try to solve this problem.Hope it will start working again...😌

karazam
02-17-22, 06:44 PM
I have now downloaded the game on my iPod and it is working. I had to also download Fantasy Forest Story to log into my Storm account and transfer my progress. Still not working on my Android phone at all. And as I said earlier Fashion Story has been deleted from the list of all Storm 8 games on Fantasy Forest both on my android and iPod.

ImRosCasowner
02-17-22, 07:10 PM
I started with same issue yesterday afternoon. One Android device is 12 and the other is 9. Only old Halloween version opens, but because it's old, it's also unstable. Hope you do something..if you may do a sale for Valentine's day, you can give support to Android customers, too!

hollyhobbii
02-17-22, 09:00 PM
oh my, i thought it was just me. I kept hoping it would be back on at the end of the day. Every time...no

princesskayla02
02-17-22, 10:12 PM
My phone updated Feb 3, this just started 3 days ago. I have multiple fashion Stories. The only one I can get to work is the Halloween version. Pls explain tht to me!
I just want my game back. It's happening to tons of ppl. I'm in 2 Facebook groups and their r 100s of ppl experience this!

barksnchirps
02-18-22, 05:08 AM
Very Important for FS Lovers
Friends,I tried the Fashion story: Halloween version to start playing my game again.Its working.I can't see No.of units left for sell and format like Profile and Social properly but that's ok...You can say,"Something is better than nothing.
I wish FS game get started again for all FS Lovers.Good luck🙂

Donnahall55
02-18-22, 08:18 AM
Not working

Donnahall55
02-18-22, 08:21 AM
I have 3 Fashion Story Stores. IDs are Donnahall55 and donnadiva51 and Lostrust3 and all are not working saying Internet Connection Problem.

mstormyrose786
02-18-22, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE='[S8] Elsa;1666372']You can open the game on the Android with Android 7, but not the one with Android 10 right?

I can not open it on either version.

mstormyrose786
02-18-22, 09:08 AM
Friends,I tried the Fashion story: Halloween version to start playing my game again.Its working.I can't see No.of units left for sell and format like Profile and Social properly but that's ok...You can say,"Something is better than nothing.
I wish FS game get started again for all FS Lovers.Good luck��

I don't see that version on the Play Store

mstormyrose786
02-18-22, 09:11 AM
Yeah, lots of us are having that problem. "Game not working" thread seems to be the main one for this.

mstormyrose786
02-18-22, 09:50 AM
Just a note - I just tried every version I could find (11 of them) on my Android 7 - none work.

MuyBendecida
02-18-22, 11:07 AM
I'm not going into detail explaining every single thing I've done to try to get back into the game so I can retain some dignity (lol), but trust me. I've tried everything I could think of and haven't been able to play again.

fillyna
02-18-22, 12:26 PM
I wish FS game get started again for all FS Lovers.Good luck🙂
Haloween version isn't available to download anymore. So I can't try it.

susy_r
02-18-22, 12:54 PM
first of all, good morning/afternoon/night to everyone

since monday (2022-02-14) i'm not able to open the fashion story, a message appears saying that there is no internet, but all the other games i have from storm8 and other apps like google chrome, youtube, netflix work normally.

like everyone else, i tried different approaches to try to make the game work, but without success.

Among the tests I did, only the following produced any results:

I installed the fashin story on a phone that had never played any storm8 game. When opening the game it starts from level 1, it allows us to do the tutorial, make visits (I visited several players of different levels to make sure the game was working). There are some bugs for example when visiting people some objects like walls and furniture are invisible, but at least the game is working. Even if I open and close the game, it still works.

With this I know that the game works on this phone, so I downloaded the restaurant story and logged into my account. When opening the fashion story again, the game started to show the message saying that there is no internet, even though a few minutes ago the game was working.

So I think the problem seems to be related to the user account.

this phone that I used in this one is running with Android 11, so I believe it is not related to the android version or any kind of update involving the cell phone. Because I had the game on a phone with Android 7 and Android 9 that did not receive any updates (besides both have automatic updates from the playstory disabled) and even so the game stopped working. I can't do a Factory Reset on these two devices to do the same test I did on Android 11, but I believe the results would be the same.

I'm waiting for a response from storm8

MuyBendecida
02-18-22, 02:34 PM
This worked for me!! Thank you so much!!!

Savedandblessed
02-18-22, 04:16 PM
Agreed Karenmarieneal! This game has helped with nonstop working throughout the pandemic... it's been a blessing to pray for many, celebrate with many & even mourn with many....many people I'll never meet this side of heaven. Hopefully there's a solution in the works! Thanks in advance to those working on a fix :)

barksnchirps
02-18-22, 05:25 PM
To Muybendecida,
Glad to hear that😊...I hope it works for other players too🙏

barksnchirps
02-18-22, 05:44 PM
To Princesskayla02,
I tried your idea and the Halloween version is working on my phone.Thanku very much 🙏😊

barksnchirps
02-18-22, 05:47 PM
To Storm8,
Please u people try to sort out this big trouble.I hope God will help you 🙏

Saphirmoon
02-18-22, 07:46 PM

I whole-heartedly agree with this.

mstormyrose786
02-18-22, 07:55 PM
The Halloween Fashion Story is avaible only it seems for Ios users, not for Android users, i don?t find a Fashion Story Halloween for Android, or in Google Play Store.
I still cannot logg into my Fashion Story account.
My order is sure rotten bye now, and i bet i will loose all of my neighbours.

Storm 8 fix this plz i want Fashion Story back.:blue:

Hey, it worked for me, but u have to get it from Google, like, look it up online. And your device has to be set to accept 3rd party apps.

This was on Android 7, I haven't tried 10 yet.

barksnchirps
02-19-22, 02:15 AM
To,mstormyrose786
Your welcome 😊

fatmama64
02-19-22, 02:37 AM
For more information hit next thread at the bottom.

mstormyrose786
02-19-22, 07:44 AM
That version is also working on my Android 10 ☺ Granted, it's not perfect, but works well enough so far. I do hope the other version will work again one day, though.

Paul__
02-19-22, 03:41 PM
I’ve merged all threads on this issue and moved the thread to the Bugs & Issues forum.

Please be reminded that using a third party sources to download Fashion Story is not supported or endorsed by Storm8. Additionally, discussion of unapproved links/third party apps is not allowed on the forums.

mstormyrose786
02-20-22, 11:13 AM
Personally, I wouldn't waste any more money on a game that isn't supported any longer. I do have an iPod touch, on which I can play the game and make purchases, but I'm not going to be spending money on this.

Yeah, I probably won't, I just wanted to finish my theme for the month. I take pictures every time I redecorate, & I am only missing 2 items that I wanted to use. I wanted to get pics of this theme before I stop playing...I might have to do it without them.

SpiritWind00
02-22-22, 01:22 AM
Mod warning note: Please note that the forum rules say you must not post your comms with Support here on the forum. Posts have been removed that contain comms and new posts discussing 3rd party sites (in contradiction to the Terms of Service). Please keep your posts appropriate when posting on this thread.

Forum rules can be found here (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies).

[S8] Elsa
02-22-22, 04:07 PM
This issue should now be resolved. Please let me know if you're still experiencing an issue getting into your game. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team investigated this. Thank you for your reports and the information that you shared, especially regarding those older versions of Android.

The details of the issue:
My theory that this was related to an Android update was wrong, but I'm grateful that this turned out to be the case because this means we could solve this sooner than anticipated. The symptoms to this issue sounds very similar to what players on Android 12 beta are experiencing with other apps. The amount of players who suddenly had the issue after updating their operating system supported this theory (e.g. occam's razor).

In 32-bit computer language, there's a maximum value. If anything reaches this number, it breaks things in unpredictable ways. The solution was to adjust things on our end so this doesn't happen.

Savedandblessed
02-22-22, 05:08 PM
Thank you all so much for working this out!! Much appreciated ❤

mstormyrose786
02-24-22, 10:10 AM
Yes, thank you!

I just decided to try it a few minutes ago, just in case, & was coming here to say the version I was using is working again, & I am very happy!