PDA

View Full Version : A Comprehensive List of Improvements

blossomingsakura
12-22-21, 08:05 AM
I've been on and off Bakery Story and Restaurant Story for years - always returning with different accounts and seeing not much has changed, hoping that something has. This is because I felt like there were so many inconveniences when playing the game that haven't been addressed, and the requirements to meet new goals on this game are completely unreasonable. Here are my suggestions to improve, and maybe, revive the popularity of the game. It's also reflective of my opinion in a way, it's nice to talk about it.

Exhibit A: Basic Functionality

-The ability to spread floor tiles across a section of your bakery without having to constantly tap to cover each tile. There should be an option to bulk buy flooring and have it cover a selection you highlight.

-Gem items that are above 10 gems should be sold for gems. Even if it's 10% of the original price, it's fairer than selling an expensive gem item for coins.

-Ability to have all of one food on the same counter without the system automating this when there are no counters left. Have an option in the settings for a standard option or have this in the counter tab when the system detects duplicates of the same food.

-"Bake all" option for a recipe if you have multiple of the same appliance. For example, I want to bake 20 Blueberry Buckle and have 20 ovens, there could be a bulk order option. Saves time for people mastering recipes

Exhibit B: Neighbours

The modern requirement to do goals in this game is to have at least 20 active neighbours that can be relied on all-year long. Due to the demands of this game, many people quit, play only for offline purposes (as in having no neighbours at all -> my situation at the moment because I can't meet the demands every day), and thus if you're still invested in this game, you have to track all your neighbours to see who's active and who's not and that could be an inconvenience in completing goals. The star rating is a good indicator, but:

-You have to tip about 20 neighbours every day to maintain 3-4 stars. The problem is, tipping feels so useless. Yeah, you prove that you are "active" but at the same time, you also have to spend at least 10-20 minutes a day tipping all your neighbours, and it isn't a very good use of time unless there's a real benefit to doing so. The coins you get for tipping should be higher. I know people with lots of tables and lots of neighbours would reap great benefits, but if you're going to have a lot of tables in your bakery that also means there is less decorative space, so there's a catch. Personally, I think it should be 500 coins per tip. That sounds absurd but it gives some proper incentive to tipping and I think less people would be willing to quit with this. This will also help with the ridiculous expansion prices. Baking even the best yielding recipes with short dining space is simply not going to allow you to get to the highest expansion unless you're playing for 5+ years, doing this every day.

-Option to collect all tips, a side icon would work for that.

-Another suggestion is that there should be a "last seen" indicator for neighbours for when they boot their game on the neighbours screen. Some neighbours may turn inactive and there's no way of knowing objectitively. Something like "last seen today", "2 days ago", "a week ago", "a month ago" etc. would work.

-Delete all messages on a wall option. Even if it's just in the settings.

-Ability to highlight important messages on your wall. Or, your own messages are simply in a different colour / have a special border compared to visitor messages.

-Ability to pin messages on your own wall (these will show up at the top no matter who posts new messages)

-Gifts need a massive revamp. Needs a search icon for parts now because it's just building up with no substance at all. If someone is building a random oven not tied to the current goal and you want to gift a specific part to them- good luck with that. Endless scrolling to hope you find the part in an almost endless list. It needs to be more convenient to navigate the gift tab.

Exhibit C: Goals

Goals are very difficult to complete in this game. There isn't enough time to complete them. The goals should stick to being 15 days but the requirements desperately need decreasing. Appliances should not require more than 20 parts to complete. Now I'm seeing that you need 72 parts to complete appliances. This is absolutely insane. Even if you have loads of neighbours, you can only accept 20 gifts a day and only request 20 parts. So it would quite literally take 2 days to complete the 2nd half of appliances in new goals. A big problem is that the final step of a goal usually takes at least 5-6 days to complete if you have 5-7 ovens in a 15 day goal with usually 8 steps...the amount of unbalance is uncanny.

Exhibit D: Gems

Gems are not easy to obtain in this game especially if you're on Level 99 and have mastered most of the recipes, if not all. The only way to earn gems at that level is to do new goals and master the recipes on those. Usually 2 appliances are in new goals so you would get 12 gems if you master these and to be honest, they take a long time when you take into account the parts you need to make a single appliance, and usually mastering recipes are best done with at least 10 appliances available and constantly cooking that recipe for a week. So it's safe to say that because of how soon new goals come after expiring ones, you're probably getting to level 3 max on a recipe before moving on so it's closer to a 6 gems return per goal if you're not spending gems to help you actually complete the goal. On top of that, neighbours would probably move on to new goals as well so getting the parts to build more old goal ovens to master the recipes would be time-consuming and limits your ability to do new goals. It's crumbs to earn gems.

Now I'm aware there's a "free gems" icon, that is very useful for people to get gems by watching ads, however as soon as you buy gems for real money this icon disappears completely with no way of coming back and there probably isn't any point in suggesting for a reverse in policy in this either since I've not seen it acknowledged to begin with.

-So my suggestion is, at least make it possible for a player to reset the mastering of one recipe back to 1 after reaching 4, and then they can earn the gems mastering that recipe again.

-Something like - for every 100 tables you tip, you earn a gem, would be great incentive for tipping as well.

Exhibit E: Old Goal Items

-New crates that include old goal items would be a good idea. Rare 1% could be the final goal prize of the old goal.

(Maybe edit more stuff here)