PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard info?

astrid_s
09-21-21, 10:54 AM
Were we to have another Leaderboard today instead of a World Event? If so, the new Leaderboard info isn't showing up because of the Leaderboard we just finished. It's info is being displayed instead. Thanks!:)

[S8] Vanellope
09-21-21, 11:41 AM
Were we to have another Leaderboard today instead of a World Event? If so, the new Leaderboard info isn't showing up because of the Leaderboard we just finished. It's info is being displayed instead. Thanks!:)

Thank you for flagging this! It looks like there is supposed to be another Leaderboard Event that starts today! The dev team was able to make the new event show. Are you able to see it correctly now?

laurelsail
09-21-21, 12:19 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the new event?!

astrid_s
09-21-21, 12:21 PM
Not yet on my end... the old info is still showing up, Leaderboard points aren't accruing, there aren't dragon quests to go on and the spin wheel is missing (on apple & android). It looks like Desert Hearts were to be accrued for a World Event as well. Thanks for checking!

amerirish
09-21-21, 12:23 PM
Anyone else having a problem with the new event?!

Yeah, we're all having the issues :( - in the previous LB thread, Paul__ said he flagged it over to the S8 team to get it fixed. Hopefully it won't take too long :(

DragonValley920
09-21-21, 01:03 PM
I?m having the same problem. Did try restarting iPad & checked for updates but didn?t help.

Not yet on my end... the old info is still showing up, Leaderboard points aren't accruing, there aren't dragon quests to go on and the spin wheel is missing (on apple & android). It looks like Desert Hearts were to be accrued for a World Event as well. Thanks for checking!

papalove1
09-21-21, 01:20 PM
Same here. I have no leaderboard event icon.

papalove1
09-21-21, 01:23 PM
Don?t even want to collect anything in fear of loosing points. Loosing valuable time...

mymonta
09-21-21, 01:42 PM
Don?t even want to collect anything in fear of loosing points. Loosing valuable time...

Agreed. It has been more than 3 hours since the last event ended. How long should it take them to fix things? Or, really, just for someone to tell us what is going on and maybe give us a timeline of when things will be fixed.

[S8] Vanellope
09-21-21, 02:25 PM
It appears that only a very small amount of people were able to get into the new Leaderboard Event. They've moved the start date for the new event to tomorrow while investigating the issue.

mymonta
09-21-21, 02:33 PM
Vanellope;1655685']It appears that only a very small amount of people were able to get into the new Leaderboard Event. They've moved the start date for the new event to tomorrow while investigating the issue.

Thank you for the information, Vanellope! :)

asagm
09-21-21, 02:37 PM
Are we really having a leaderboard event straight after a leaderboard?

astrid_s
09-21-21, 02:38 PM
Vanellope;1655685']It appears that only a very small amount of people were able to get into the new Leaderboard Event. They've moved the start date for the new event to tomorrow while investigating the issue.

Thanks for the update!

mymonta
09-21-21, 02:42 PM
UPDATE: I went back in to both accounts to check before contacting support, and this time I got the popups showing my rank and got my prizes, also. It must have just needed some working out after they reset the event to start tomorrow.

I am actually ok with having another lb because my accounts are all severely lacking in food and simply cannot participate in more Dragon Tales at this time. I can't finish events if I don't have the food to do so. This will give time to replenish food stores.

Oh, well, this just keeps getting better and better! I finally made it around to all of my accounts to see where they placed in the previous leaderboard, and 2 of them didn't get their prizes!!! I am FUMING!!!!! Probably when S8 went in to fix the problem with the new leaderboard, they erased the results from the previous one or something. I want my prizes!!!!

Paul__
09-21-21, 04:36 PM
UPDATE: I went back in to both accounts to check before contacting support, and this time I got the popups showing my rank and got my prizes, also. It must have just needed some working out after they reset the event to start tomorrow.

I am actually ok with having another lb because my accounts are all severely lacking in food and simply cannot participate in more Dragon Tales at this time. I can't finish events if I don't have the food to do so. This will give time to replenish food stores.

Oh, well, this just keeps getting better and better! I finally made it around to all of my accounts to see where they placed in the previous leaderboard, and 2 of them didn't get their prizes!!! I am FUMING!!!!! Probably when S8 went in to fix the problem with the new leaderboard, they erased the results from the previous one or something. I want my prizes!!!!

Sorry about this! Please contact support at Storm8 using the link in my signature.

(Moving this thread to the Bugs & Issues forum)

ToastedOwl
09-21-21, 05:12 PM

My thoughts exactly!! Sighhh....

deadpixel
09-21-21, 07:32 PM
<Snip…>

<…snip>

My thoughts exactly!! Sighhh....

They could have very easily have made it a community event.

Anyway, I’ve forced-closed and restarted the game over and over but nada. Not too disappointed though, it just be another recolored dragon I’m not collecting.

Paul__
09-21-21, 07:35 PM

Anyway, I’ve forced-closed and restarted the game over and over but nada. Not too disappointed though, it just be another recolored dragon I’m not collecting.

The team is looking into this issue and it will likely be fixed tomorrow! Sorry for the delay in the event starting!

mymonta
09-21-21, 07:36 PM

Agreed. When was our last community event? I was kind of expecting one to start today before this whole mess happened. Anyway, like Vanellope said, it sounds like they are going to start it tomorrow instead, but I really don't know how that will work. What about the people whom she said *did* start the event? And are they going to reduce the number of points needed so that we can reach the final prize? It will be interesting to see how they "fix" this. I'm also very curious about what went wrong.

I don't have any real interest in Egypt per se, but I am enjoying these Egyptian type dragons.

NeidusBluetip
09-22-21, 04:52 AM

Yeah, I'm completely burned out from the one that just ended. The WE is now the only one that I actually look forward to because of how many horrible changes they've made to this game over the last several years.

orson32
09-22-21, 10:45 AM
Well it appears they did not fix the situation , I still get the same pop ups as yesterday for Leaderboard but no new Leaderboard to start, the old Leaderboard results are still on the right side of my game

amerirish
09-22-21, 10:46 AM
So when is this going to actually start? I see the goals and the new dragons in the Market, but haven't gotten a pop up or nor do I see the LB icon on the right side of my screen. It's still the results from the last LB event.

Athabasca55
09-22-21, 10:57 AM
Battle arena not dropping point for leaderboard either.

orson32
09-22-21, 10:59 AM
You don't get Leaderboard points for battles

papalove1
09-22-21, 11:55 AM
Still nothing. When is this supposed to be fixed?

belbar22
09-22-21, 01:03 PM
This event is still not working for me. When I collect food I get all these pop ups from the last event. Still no wheel and no leaderboard up and running.

[S8] Vanellope
09-22-21, 03:51 PM
It looks like they were able to fix the event! The Leaderboard should now be active for everyone! Please check your quest books for a special Goal :D

mymonta
09-22-21, 04:21 PM
Vanellope;1655767']It looks like they were able to fix the event! The Leaderboard should now be active for everyone! Please check your quest books for a special Goal :D

I collected the points (I believe it said 1750 of them? , but it still shows me as having 0 points. I swear, I just can't with this game anymore! :(

Paul__
09-22-21, 04:22 PM
I collected the points (I believe it said 1750 of them? , but it still shows me as having 0 points. I swear, I just can't with this game anymore! :(

Sorry that you are having this issue! You may want to try force closing and reopening your game. If this doesn’t work, please contact support using the link in my signature! Thanks!

Mikep101
09-22-21, 06:35 PM
I harvested and evolved and didn't get any points. Then when I tried it again with new farms and evolves I received my points for those. Ugh I did get to collect the extra points, but so frustrating. I've noticed I'm ranking higher lately with the same score over several years of play. So.that means less are playing Leader board or the game in general.