PDA

View Full Version : Somber Dragon - 2021 Sep 14

Paul__
09-14-21, 12:05 AM
Somber Dragon - new dragon

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60621&d=1631677043&thumb=1

Rarity: Common
Type(s): Egypt + Green
Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 gold
Selling Price: 100 coins
Breeding Combination: Green + Yellow
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780 xp
Egg:

https://i.ibb.co/9s81tbk/E5-FD9731-7-CD0-4-CF8-A023-9-D3-E68391241.png
(Special thanks to deadpixel for sharing the image!)

mymonta
09-14-21, 10:50 AM
The new dragon is called Somber Dragon and is bred using green and yellow. His type is actually Egypt and green.

amerirish
09-14-21, 11:37 AM
Somber Dragon

Rarity: Common
Type: Egypt Dragons, Green Dragons
Habitat: Hidden Oasis, Green Grove {etc. Green or Egypt habitats}
Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 Gold {Currently On Sale for 200 Gold}
Selling Price: 100 Coins
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780 Exp
Can Also Be Crafted In The Spell Shop

My Breeding Attempts:
Neo Green & Neo Yellow = 6 hours
Forest & Air = 10 hours

I quickly gathered enough materials to start crafting one so I stopped trying to breed. I'll send this one on quests then I'll craft a second one to evolve. Best of luck to all still trying to breed one :D

All other possible outcomes using Green & Yellow:
Nymph Dragon / Super Rare / 18 hours
Prime Life Dragon / Super Rare / 16 hours (both parents must be level 15)
Fairytale Dragon / Rare / 10 hours
Cactus Dragon / Rare / 10 hours
Fruitful Dragon / Common / 10 hours
Fairy Dragon / Rare / 8 hours
Druid Dragon / Rare / 6 hours
Leaf Dragon / Common / 6 hours
Parakeet Dragon / Super Rare / 5 hours
Satyr Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Jealous Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Wickwing Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Tannenbaum Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Undergrowth Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Hallowind Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Wealth Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Pretty Petal Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Palm Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Greenstone Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Joy Dragon / Common / 4 hours
Loch Ness Dragon / Rare / 4 hours
Buttercup Dragon / Common / 3 hours
Peridot Dragon / Common / 3 hours

mymonta
09-14-21, 11:59 AM
Thank you amerirish! I knew you would come through for us with all the info. I don't know where to get all that, so I just post what I know.

How do they expect us to breed a dragon that has 23 possible outcomes? And lucky me, of course I got Nymph! *eye roll*

amerirish
09-14-21, 12:12 PM
Thank you amerirish! I knew you would come through for us with all the info. I don't know where to get all that, so I just post what I know.

How do they expect us to breed a dragon that has 23 possible outcomes? And lucky me, of course I got Nymph! *eye roll*

Aw, happy to help as always. I'll send you a PM with some of my 'tricks' ;)

ETA: your message box is full so I can't send you a PM. Let me know when you've cleared some space :)

Dixiesnana
09-14-21, 03:30 PM

That’s exactly what I got! 18 hrs!:mad: I couldn’t finish last Tales Event because I couldn’t breed the “Common” dragon! Ridiculous!

NeidusBluetip
09-14-21, 06:40 PM
Same here, Amerirish, I'm always expecting yours to be one of the first posts helping us all out xD

NeidusBluetip
09-14-21, 06:40 PM
First attempt: Sobek + Forest = 12hrs...guess I should stick with only green & yellow?
Second attempt: Greenstone + Air = 9hrs
Third attempt: Greenstone + Air = 4hrs
Fourth attempt: Greenstone + Air = 18hrs

amerirish
09-14-21, 08:33 PM
Same here, Amerirish, I'm always expecting yours to be one of the first posts helping us all out xD

I'm very happy to help & pitch in wherever I can :)

amerirish
09-14-21, 08:48 PM
First attempt: Sobek + Forest = 12hrs...guess I should stick with only green & yellow?

Hey, I just sent you a neighbor request :D I'm Amer Island :D

It seems like Green & Yellow is the most recommended combo to use, but I don't have any data on whether two Egypt & Green dragons will produce Somber. Currently there's no single element Egypt dragon so it's a bit up in the air.

Good news is that we can Craft this dragon in the Spell Shop if necessary.

sakurashana3
09-14-21, 11:24 PM
isn't the Nymph dragon a super rare dragon (18 hours), why am I getting it like it is a common dragon :confused: I'm not sure whether to consider myself lucky or not.... the possibility of getting 18 hours is so high as compared to other 4 hours dragon :(

Natasha_07
09-14-21, 11:40 PM
My first try was a super rare 18 hour...:rolleyes:

hungryres
09-15-21, 01:46 AM
24 hr fail.... :(
(using pyramid x dawntree)

deadpixel
09-15-21, 03:28 AM
isn't the Nymph dragon a super rare dragon (18 hours), why am I getting it like it is a common dragon :confused: I'm not sure whether to consider myself lucky or not.... the possibility of getting 18 hours is so high as compared to other 4 hours dragon :(

Yes it is, but for some reason, the dragon we have to breed somehow becomes an Ultrarare-common :tickled_pink:

Anyway, I introduced Sobek to a common Forest but he was so taken with her that a Somber egg popped out four hours later...

https://i.ibb.co/wJC7dS6/49-FE5830-566-D-45-F8-997-E-1-A17-A012-DD53.png

 => 
https://i.ibb.co/9s81tbk/E5-FD9731-7-CD0-4-CF8-A023-9-D3-E68391241.png

  

https://i.ibb.co/mvQr6pQ/F240-DFD7-3-D4-B-4-F71-ADF5-000-F917-D1-AFF.png

I went with Sobek and Forest because this combination had 20 possibilities compared to the 24 if I had used Yellow with Green. Yes, the failures can be terrible, in the form of Elder, Sunrise, and Caesar, but I felt the possibility of the Egypt element not splitting was quite worth the risk.

mymonta
09-15-21, 10:49 AM

The good news is that a Nymph dragon can be disenchanted for 40 Essence since it is a super rare.

NeidusBluetip
09-15-21, 08:02 PM

It seems like Green & Yellow is the most recommended combo to use, but I don't have any data on whether two Egypt & Green dragons will produce Somber. Currently there's no single element Egypt dragon so it's a bit up in the air.

Ah, will add you next time I launch the app! I literally just closed it haha

But yeah, seriously thank the stars we can craft it for these. Now, only if it were the same for the Tales...*sigh*

R3ko
09-18-21, 04:13 PM

I got my somber dragon by breeding 2 egypt & green dragon in 1st attempt..
. Thx