PDA

View Full Version : Help - Game will not load

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

laurelsail
08-24-21, 09:02 AM
I can?t get Dragon Story to connect. All of my other S8 games are working fine. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice? Thanks!

Latest Update ~ 1/17/23

Elsa;1688536']Definitely not years and hopefully not months, but I can't provide a definitive timeline other than as soon as possible. There's additional polishes like compatibility with iPhone screens that need to be included as well. Our team is working hard. We sincerely apologize for the wait and appreciate the patience of all Caretakers impacted. As soon as there's news to share, we'll pop in and update. Thanks again for your diligence and we hope to resolve this very soon.

Update ~ 6/24/22

Elsa;1675581']I'll share when more information is available. We're still experiencing challenges with staff and scheduling, but have made some strides to resolve this. There isn't a date to share on when Dragon Story will receive the update, but our team is working hard to take care of this! In addition to our fixes, there's App Store requirements that have to be completed too.

For those of you who also play Castle Story on iOS, you may have noticed the game recently received an update with some changes to help players log in. We found there wasn't any bug with the game, but if you've played for a really long time or have an ultra impressive Kingdom, then you might have some struggles logging in. There's still some things to smooth out, so if you're having struggles thanks again for bearing with us!

The things we learn from that will basically help us help Dragon Story, too. We believe this is the same issue.

The update for Dragon Story will come through the App Store the way Castle Story did for these fixes. It's possible when it's ready that you'll get it before I have the opportunity to post on the thread.

We appreciate the continued patience. :love_heart:

UPDATE FROM S8 3/14/22

Elsa;1668005']Our team would like to resolve this as soon as possible. While we're not absolutely sure, we think you're timing out due to the amount of information that's trying to load when you log into the game. A common denominator was extremely difficult to pinpoint since every player has unique islands. This will very likely require an update to the game client, which will be a significant body of work because other improvements will need to be included. Unfortunately, this means more waiting.

We appreciate your love for our game and understand that you've been waiting for good news. We're currently experiencing challenges with resources and are working to resolve those as soon as we can. Unfortunately, at this time I can't offer a date but I'll be sure to share more information as soon as it's available. Thank you for your continued patience and for all of the troubleshooting that you've completed to help us research this.

As for compensation, we'll evaluate this at a later time when the issue is resolved. Thank you again for your grace and patience.

If storing items does help you, we appreciate you doing this while you wait.

Instructions if you are experiencing this:
Please complete this first!

There is a lot going on behind the scenes trying to resolve this for you all. You won't get a 'valid reply' because the issue is being investigated. Here's a summary to keep you all in the loop:

1. update to iOS15 if you haven't already
2. only send 1 ticket once for each ID you have. Support collates all ticket information for S8 to investigate. Do not update your ticket unless you have additional information you have not previously provided. If your ticket is closed it does not mean that the issue has been fixed and you should not log another one; the issue is still being investigated.
3. when you do log a ticket, be really specific in the details you provide. eg, what connection types you use, steps you've tried, in-game actions you did before you were stopped being able to play. As much detail as possible about anything.

Thanks.

The support team is tracking the issue for investigation.

- If you are able to update your device to iOS 15, please go ahead and do this.
- If you are able to troubleshoot with your internet service provider, please also try this.
- If neither of these improve your game connectivity, please contact support using the link in my signature.

Elsa;1659969']Hi everyone. If you've submitted a support ticket, you don't need to update it again. Support is tracking the issue for investigation. Once they have the details they need of your case, you don't need to update your ticket further unless you have new information. Our teams didn't see a cause on our end, but we're still investigating.

This also seems to occur intermittently for those experiencing it. If you're able to enter the game, try storing decorations (flowers, trophies, statues, etc) and if that helps, update your ticket so we can add that to the tracking.

Elsa;1660045']This is a safe space to vent your frustrations, but I'm also hoping for some details. ^^

I'm looking for specific dates (don't need times, just dates) on when each of you lost access. If you're intermittently connecting as well, dates of lost access and then gaining it would also help.

Edit to add: Pretty please don't update your support request unless you have new information to provide. Support records everything we need from your first ticket, unless they specifically ask you to complete actions. They won't be able to give you progress updates other than we are investigating it.

[S8] Vanellope
08-24-21, 10:47 AM
I can?t get Dragon Story to connect. All of my other S8 games are working fine. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice? Thanks!

If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

amerirish
08-25-21, 02:53 PM
I'm having the same problem and I also had this happen just last week! I've done everything they tell you to do (force close, reboot device, reboot router/wifi connection, uninstall/reinstall the app) still not working! :mad:

Paul__
08-25-21, 10:17 PM
I'm having the same problem and I also had this happen just last week! I've done everything they tell you to do (force close, reboot device, reboot router/wifi connection, uninstall/reinstall the app) still not working! :mad:

Please contact support using the link in my signature. They'll be able to check your account. :)

(Moving to Bugs & Issues Forum)

amerirish
09-08-21, 05:12 AM
Uggghhh, it's happening again!! Why are there periods of time that the game just won't connect for some players? And I DO NOT want to hear that it's on my end because IT'S NOT! :mad:

rachelasw
09-09-21, 12:37 AM
Are there any issues with the DS servers? I've been trying unsuccessfully to connect to the game servers for the last 20 minutes on various devices with different accounts.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I can get into Castle Story without any issues.
There is nothing wrong with my devices (see #1 above).
This has been happening intermittently over the past month. It usually clears up after a couple of minutes but not this time.
I am not contacting support because this isn't an issue with my game and also, the issue would probably be solved by the time they see my ticket.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

rachelasw
09-09-21, 02:57 AM
I tapped on the retry many times over the last two hours and finally managed to get in.

No force-closing, no resetting or restarting of the device. I can only conclude that there was some unexpected downtime.

asagm
09-09-21, 04:59 AM
Can someone please help me, My game hasn?t been able to load for two days now... I?ve tried turning my phone off, I?ve tried re-installing the game, I?ve tried using a different device, nothing works. This has been going on 5/6 weeks now, it just stops working for a day or two at at time. It?s so frustrating. I?ve now lost out on two dragons from battles and I?ve won every single dragon battle since they started. I?ve had to pay out 1000 gold for the final dragon of tales because it won?t let me finish. I?ve had to spend so much gold not to miss out and now have little left. I have no chance in the this current tales event. I have no idea why this is happening. I?ve heard from other people that this has happened to as so I know it?s not just me. Admin please help, I can?t raise a ticket as I can?t get into the game. Asagm

amerirish
09-09-21, 07:26 AM
This has been happening a lot for me too. I also did all of the usual recommended tricks: reset my router, force close the app, restart my phone, uninstall/reinstall the app, etc.

asagm
09-09-21, 10:11 AM
I?ve had the same problem on and off for weeks

NeidusBluetip
09-09-21, 07:51 PM
Same here. I've come to agree that it's very rarely issues with *our* connections...

Should also add that if I'm caught in an unfortunate loop of having to hit 'retry' to no avail, apparently every *other* app of mine, and the web browsers, launch just fine...

asagm
09-10-21, 11:02 AM
Stopped working again!! Starting working yesterday after I replied on this thread so I thought someone may have seen the message, worked for nearly 24 hours and it?s gone again!!

[S8] Vanellope
09-10-21, 02:55 PM
Which internet service provider is everyone using?

RocioBM
09-10-21, 05:39 PM
I cant open the game since yesterday :(

Fantasy Forest Story and Pet Shop Story are ok.

amerirish
09-11-21, 08:53 AM
Vanellope;1655111']Which internet service provider is everyone using?

Xfinity (Comcast) at home and I think also at my office. But I don't see how that matters since every other internet connected website, application and function are unaffected. It's only Dragon Story on my iPhone XR and only for a few weeks now.

amerirish
09-11-21, 09:00 AM
So I decided to try another option. I just turned off my WiFi setting on my phone, force closed everything and turned my phone off. Waited about 30 seconds then turned my phone back on. Waited about 15 seconds then clicked the DS app; still can't connect due to "internet connection" issues even though I'm using Data!!!

ETA: Forced closed the game, turned WiFi back on and connected to my home network. Still won't load :mad:

ETA2: Opened up Frozen Frenzy Mania (the only other S8 game I have on my phone. Game opened and loaded; went to the little blue icon in the top right of the screen. I found Dragon Story and clicked "Play" - same results. Will not open.

amerirish
09-11-21, 09:39 AM
So I did some internet research and did these steps (ridiculous as it is just to get into a game):

iPhone settings:
Removed my phone case (in order to prevent any blockage to the antennae)
Went to Settings ->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data->3G {turning off LTE}
Force closed everything
Restarted phone
Tapped the app and still got the error message, tapped "Try Again" and got into the game finally

It seems that when these connection issues happen with DS, you have to have 3 bars of internet connection (hope that's the right term) but not always. Mostly I can get in and use the app with 2 bars but when it acts up, you need to get at least 3. It's so much of a hassle for a simple game. I wish they would just fix the issues on their end :mad:

ETA: Well guess what happened a few hours after this system got me into the game? I'll give you 0 guesses: I got kicked out of the game and this system is not working now :mad:

ETA: Rebooted my router and phone. After about 10 more tries, was able to get in (on the 3G setting). This is crazy.

Alegra777
09-12-21, 07:54 AM
Dear S8! I join the messages written above. Sometimes I can't opem my island during more than a day. This is a big problem specially during the Dragon Tales, because I can't make tasks. This situation happens periodically for two weeks. Please, solve this problem! (iOs device)

RocioBM
09-12-21, 09:20 AM
Im not from USA. Internet is ok. Using iOS.
My little island (level 6) works perfectly, but my main island (level 200) does not upload. So the problem is with games in high levels.
Higher level= heavier to upload :(

[S8] Vanellope
09-13-21, 05:10 PM
Dear S8 support I have to report a severe logging problem that affects DS only and not the other S8 games for days now. When we try to log into the game, we get for several hours the well known "internet connection" error, that the game is online etc. So, the game is almost unplayable anymore. This problem exists for almost 10 days now, mainly on iOS devices (rarely on android) and it happens to maximum level (200) islands only. Islands at lower level with less data to load have no problem at all.

I will give you some more info that may help you find out the problem. I live in Greece and the problem exists with all the ISP (Internet Service Providers), using Wi-FI or Mobile Data. Most of the times I am able to solve this problem by using a VPN, connecting my internet to other neighbour countries, like Italy etc. and then I log into these high level islands normally. The first login (using the VPN) sometimes needs a couple of re-tries, but then it's fine. I first thought that it was a problem that has to do with the Greek ISP only and the internet routing from here to the S8 servers, but as long as I found out this topic, then it seems that it is a severe problem that affects various countries. I am not sure if it is a routing problem to the Server that iOS devices use to connect to (with several "Request Time Outs" during the routing procedure) or something else, like Server overloading (I estimate a major problem with Server's RAM), as the High level islands are the only one affected by that. Perhaps, a combo of the above mentioned problems.

It's no need to open a ticket, as it has nothing to do with my account. It is a general problem and I am sure that other caretakers will mention it too. By the way, all my neighbours from Russian territories have the same problem too.

Please, contact your Server provider to investigate on this and if you need some more help on your investigation, please guide me how to provide it to you.

If you're experiencing any issues with your account, which it sounds like you are, you will still need to please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

[S8] Vanellope
09-13-21, 05:10 PM
Dear storm8, I fully support mylord7. I am in Russia. My problems started with the beginning of the current Dragon tales event. I do not know if this is due to the territorial location, my friends who are in other parts of the world experience the same difficulties with entering the game on significantly developed islands.
Today I have been trying to login into the game with IOS device for 5 hours already. So far to no avail. I tried restarting the device and the game, as well as vpn, which also did not solve the problem. I'm not such a sophisticated user, but apparently there are clearly problems with synchronization with the server, due to data loading failure since my daughter logs in to her island from my device freely. So I agree with the previous author that the developed islands with many epic dragons and varied habitats are affected.

Please correct the problem.

If you're experiencing any issues with your account, which it sounds like you are, you will still need to please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

amerirish
09-21-21, 10:31 AM
It seems to me that the connection problems are worse right around update times :mad:

amerirish
09-28-21, 03:11 PM
Please, please, please check on your end S8 - none of your 'solutions' are working for me. I got suddenly bumped out of the game and now can't get back in :mad:

deadpixel
09-29-21, 04:22 AM
Please, please, please check on your end S8 - none of your 'solutions' are working for me. I got suddenly bumped out of the game and now can't get back in :mad:

I'm experiencing the same issues. Can't get into my DS games on any of my devices and accounts. It was intermittent the last couple of weeks but seems to be dead today.

Maybe this is fate telling me that I should finally leave off DS. It's a good thing that I haven't spent a red cent on this game in the last year.

Nuicakes
09-29-21, 09:44 AM
My game is constantly crashing (every 30 seconds) and I'm sick of hearing that it's on MY end.

Hubby is a tech guru for a networking company in Silicon Valley so we're set up extremely well. I'm an online video gamer and this game is plagued with memory leaks.

Less than 12 hours later:
Now Castle Story won't load … too funny

deadpixel
10-01-21, 05:19 AM
I'm experiencing the same issues. Can't get into my DS games on any of my devices and accounts. It was intermittent the last couple of weeks but seems to be dead today.

Maybe this is fate telling me that I should finally leave off DS. It's a good thing that I haven't spent a red cent on this game in the last year.

Finally! Got in an hour ago. How much time do I need to make up for? Well, at least I managed to bread the Risen Dragon the moment I logged in.

puffymagicdragon
10-01-21, 03:11 PM
I have been trying for an hour to get in the game. I sent a ticket. My internet connection is fine. This happens quite often and is very frustrating.

RocioBM
10-01-21, 04:10 PM
I cant open the game in two different phones :(
Theres no connection issues

MajicHearts
10-02-21, 04:11 AM
I just sent S8 a request/service ticket about DS not working on my iPad. I've done everything you folks have said S8 says to try. This has been going on for three days now. Also, I can play DS on my iPhone and sent a request/service ticket to S8 on my iPad.???

amerirish
10-03-21, 09:01 AM
I've been trying to connect for about 3 hours now. Did all the usual suggested fixes and nothing is working. I replied to an open ticket I have with support but haven't gotten any response yet. This is beyond frustrating especially on top of the utter lack of success I've had trying to breed a NOTCommon Risen dragon. This event is really going to come down to the wire for me time wise :mad:

Paul__
10-04-21, 01:57 PM
There are currently outages with certain third-party services which are causing issues with the games. The team is currently looking into this.

Paul__
10-04-21, 04:40 PM
This issue has been solved for some players. If you are still having issues, please let us know!

1goducks
10-06-21, 04:37 AM
This issue has been solved for some players. If you are still having issues, please let us know!

I?m still having the same problem. Game won?t load. I?m at level 200 and my brother is only at level 47 and his game will load. Does it have something to do with the higher level players???

orson32
10-07-21, 06:10 AM
Unable to get back into game, was able to load first thing, then game icon about it being an internet game popped up and now have been trying about an hour to get back in and can’t.I am trying to finish Tales event so hope it gets back very soon.This inability to load game has been an on and off again issue for a while now, I sent in ticket to S8 too. My Castle Story loads with no problem.
This problem makes it a lot more difficult to participate in and finish events..something really needs to be done with the game..so unfair and frustrating.

orson32
10-07-21, 06:31 AM
I?m still having the same problem. Game won?t load. I?m at level 200 and my brother is only at level 47 and his game will load. Does it have something to do with the higher level players???

I did notice too I was able to get on very easily with a level 4 account..seems the higher it is , the harder it is..

orson32
10-07-21, 08:51 AM
I just tried deleting game and reinstalling and that doesn’t even allow game to come up..boy is this messed up or what…

1goducks
10-07-21, 09:03 AM
I have tried to reach out to anyone possible for help. Nothing. I don’t understand how my lower account(level 14)works just fine but my higher account(level 200)won’t load. ������

orson32
10-07-21, 09:58 AM
I have tried to reach out to anyone possible for help. Nothing. I don’t understand how my lower account(level 14)works just fine but my higher account(level 200)won’t load. ������

You are not alone on this..I even deleted and reinstalled the game and its not consuming much storage yet, and it still won't come up for me.so whatever the issue is, its not something we as players can do but wait..I know players that have been off for weeks..

Bameeee
10-07-21, 10:28 PM
I cannot open the game from my Samsung phone like a month ago. I cannot open the game from my Ipad Mini since yesterday. Now I can play only on my laptop which I could not carry it to everywhere I go. So I hardly finish the tales and I am sure with this situation, I cannot finish the next event.

puffymagicdragon
10-18-21, 11:43 AM
Once again been trying for over an hour and can’t get into the game.

amerirish
10-20-21, 02:44 PM
I was playing just fine and was suddenly kicked out of the game. Been trying everything for the last hour to get back in and nothing is working. Just sent a ticket to support. I wish they would fix this problem once and for all :mad:

1goducks
10-22-21, 02:03 PM
Won’t load again. This is getting very frustrating!!! How many tickets do I need to send. It works then it doesn’t. Send another ticket. It works then it doesn’t????

yogoda
10-23-21, 12:12 PM
For last three days DS is not loading. Other S8 games are working well. Unable to understand the problem. Any clue?

Paul__
10-25-21, 12:31 PM
The support team is tracking the issue for investigation.

- If you are able to update your device to iOS 15, please go ahead and do this.
- If you are able to troubleshoot with your internet service provider, please also try this.
- If neither of these improve your game connectivity, please contact support using the link in my signature.

puffymagicdragon
11-02-21, 02:28 PM
Won’t load again for me. Help please if anyone is listening.

puffymagicdragon
11-10-21, 05:55 PM
Game not loading again. Has been 5 hours. Sent a ticket. Beginning to feel like it’s never coming back.

Chelsea79
11-12-21, 12:20 PM
Is there any maintenance going on? I cant log in again since last night. This is getting frustrated. Before was 16 days. I missed a lot. Been playing for so long. Looks like time to say goodbye. 😡

[S8] Vanellope
11-12-21, 12:32 PM
Is there any maintenance going on? I cant log in again since last night. This is getting frustrated. Before was 16 days. I missed a lot. Been playing for so long. Looks like time to say goodbye. ��

If you're experiencing problems with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

Chelsea79
11-12-21, 10:12 PM
Vanellope;1659759']If you're experiencing problems with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

They don’t answer on weekends. I’ll miss the battle arena again. It will end soon and I’m already almost done. ��

puffymagicdragon
11-13-21, 03:26 PM
Me too. Sent ticket since Wednesday updated daily.

1goducks
11-14-21, 04:03 PM
Can’t log in today??? Sent tickets and nothing ever changes. Why can’t we get a answer for this problem?

Chelsea79
11-14-21, 07:24 PM
What is going on? Is somebody else have the same problem? I lost 2 days already, I was able to log in Friday nite. Then lost again today at 8pm. I?m in the last battle I already spend gold to speed up and win battles. OMG ANNOYING.

Paul__
11-14-21, 07:31 PM
Please contact support using the link in my signature. Thanks!

(Merging this post with the other thread regarding this issue)

1goducks
11-14-21, 07:58 PM
Please contact support using the link in my signature. Thanks!

(Merging this post with the other thread regarding this issue)

This is the problem. When we contract support either nothing happens or it?s fixed for a short period, then we are back to the same problem.

Chelsea79
11-14-21, 08:49 PM
My husband just told me u have been clicking that for 2 hours now and still not working. Maybe it?s time to quit. I said Noooooooo? he said all u do is breed, plant, battle for almost 10 years now. Hahahaha. This is the only game I have. I quit Bakery, Restaurant, Fashion a long time ago. 🤣

puffymagicdragon
11-15-21, 05:35 AM
My last post disappeared but I have been playing for 9 years and have been locked out since Wednesday.

1ch1ps
11-15-21, 02:08 PM

I've been trying for 2-3 days to get in. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. So we're doing my favorite event. It's really the ONLY one I do. So for two days couldn't collect the food I need to complete the event. I'll never be able to catch up. I'm very disappointed. Hopefully all of us that can't get in, we'll just get the end dragon compensation for not being able to get in. We won't. So I'm losing time in the event, that in most cases you might be able to catch up on, but not getting food is really hurting us, as is not getting our coins (to pay for the food). We won't get anything, just a sorry and not only are we down this, but we're missing getting some dragons.

[S8] Elsa
11-15-21, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone. If you've submitted a support ticket, you don't need to update it again. Support is tracking the issue for investigation. Once they have the details they need of your case, you don't need to update your ticket further unless you have new information. Our teams didn't see a cause on our end, but we're still investigating.

This also seems to occur intermittently for those experiencing it. If you're able to enter the game, try storing decorations (flowers, trophies, statues, etc) and if that helps, update your ticket so we can add that to the tracking.

puffymagicdragon
11-15-21, 03:19 PM
This is not intermittent for me. It started that way but now I can’t get in at all since Wednesday afternoon. I have reinstalled, tried a different internet but nothing seems to work. I am missing out on tales for the first time. I can’t visit my neighbors to let them know why I am not visiting or sending gold.

puffymagicdragon
11-16-21, 05:09 AM
I am glad I am not the only one having problems. I updated my iPad to 15.1 and that didn’t help. I wonder how many people are actually having a problem and just give up and don’t report it.

Frostyforest34
11-16-21, 10:30 AM
This certainly looks like more than ?a handful? of players to me, plus we?ve already had long term players quit over this issue.

puffymagicdragon
11-16-21, 12:18 PM
Just a thought it seems to be level 200 level players having problems. I know I have a lot of useless junk in my storage that I wish I could delete to free up room. Maybe being able to store habitats would help. It’s sad that there are no easy answers for us long time players. I really enjoy the game and don’t want to quit but I think the game is quitting me.

[S8] Elsa
11-16-21, 01:51 PM
This is a safe space to vent your frustrations, but I'm also hoping for some details. ^^

I'm looking for specific dates (don't need times, just dates) on when each of you lost access. If you're intermittently connecting as well, dates of lost access and then gaining it would also help.

Edit to add: Pretty please don't update your support request unless you have new information to provide. Support records everything we need from your first ticket, unless they specifically ask you to complete actions. They won't be able to give you progress updates other than we are investigating it.

Frostyforest34
11-16-21, 03:05 PM
Just a thought it seems to be level 200 level players having problems. I know I have a lot of useless junk in my storage that I wish I could delete to free up room. Maybe being able to store habitats would help. It’s sad that there are no easy answers for us long time players. I really enjoy the game and don’t want to quit but I think the game is quitting me.

I intermittently have trouble connecting, and my accounts range from level 141-191, so I?m not even at level 200 yet.

I would love to be able to store habitats, and we have been asking for a long time for a way to trade some of our unusable materials for some sort of reward, like food or something.

[S8] Elsa
11-16-21, 03:32 PM
I intermittently have trouble connecting, and my accounts range from level 141-191, so I?m not even at level 200 yet.

I would love to be able to store habitats, and we have been asking for a long time for a way to trade some of our unusable materials for some sort of reward, like food or something.

This is helpful info.

Can you please message me your support ticket number if you submitted one? If you don't have one yet, can you please create a support ticket with a list of your accounts and known dates of loss of access and then pm me your ticket number?

Note: Don't post your ticket numbers in public. Message them to me privately.

1goducks
11-16-21, 05:35 PM
I haven’t been able to connect the last 3 days. I’m at level 200 and this has been going on for over a month. [removed ticket number]

Frostyforest34
11-16-21, 06:55 PM
Elsa;1660069']This is helpful info.

Can you please message me your support ticket number if you submitted one? If you don't have one yet, can you please create a support ticket with a list of your accounts and known dates of loss of access and then pm me your ticket number?

Note: Don't post your ticket numbers in public. Message them to me privately.

Next time I have trouble I will submit a ticket. I did not keep a journal of all the times it happened. I was never locked out for more than an hour, though.

Chelsea79
11-16-21, 09:07 PM
It’s been 3 days for me.

laurelsail
11-17-21, 03:10 PM
Vanellope;1653947']If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

Is S8 going to do anything to fix the log in problem with Dragon Story? At this point the game is unusable. I haven?t received any valid replies to my support tickets regarding this issue.

SpiritWind00
11-17-21, 03:58 PM
Is S8 going to do anything to fix the log in problem with Dragon Story? At this point the game is unusable. I haven?t received any valid replies to my support tickets regarding this issue.
There is a lot going on behind the scenes trying to resolve this for you all. You won't get a 'valid reply' because the issue is being investigated. Here's a summary to keep you all in the loop:

1. update to iOS15 if you haven't already
2. only send 1 ticket once for each ID you have. Support collates all ticket information for S8 to investigate. Do not update your ticket unless you have additional information you have not previously provided. If your ticket is closed it does not mean that the issue has been fixed and you should not log another one; the issue is still being investigated.
3. when you do log a ticket, be really specific in the details you provide. eg, what connection types you use, steps you've tried, in-game actions you did before you were stopped being able to play. As much detail as possible about anything.
4. Elsa has now asked for dates (above)
5. when you have your 1 ticket number, please send that to Elsa by PM. Do not ever post your ticket number on the forum. Here's a quick link to send a PM to Elsa: click here (https://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=154)

Thanks.

mymonta
11-17-21, 05:11 PM
Thank you so much for the clear, concise directions, SpiritWind00! It's nice to have validation that things are being worked on and to know exactly what steps to take. Your title should be changed from "Moderator" to "Ambassador." :)

puffymagicdragon
11-18-21, 10:21 AM
Are there any updates on the log in problem? Has anyone been able to log in?

1goducks
11-18-21, 12:14 PM
Day 4 and still can’t log in. My wife and 2 kids have no problem logging in. Only difference I see is I’m at level 200 and they are at a much lower level. Very frustrating!!

puffymagicdragon
11-18-21, 01:04 PM
Day 8 for me.

puffymagicdragon
11-19-21, 01:27 PM
Day 9 has anyone gotten in?

rumour59
11-19-21, 01:36 PM
Day 9 has anyone gotten in?

Not having a problem here. I’m running ios12.5.5 on iPad and iOS 15.1.1 on iPhone.

1goducks
11-19-21, 01:45 PM
Not having a problem here. I’m running ios12.5.5 on iPad and iOS 15.1.1 on iPhone.

What level are you at?

puffymagicdragon
11-19-21, 03:31 PM
Are there any updates? I still keep trying to get in I am level 200.

rumour59
11-19-21, 04:14 PM
What level are you at?

Level 200, rumour59 is a non de plume!

mymonta
11-19-21, 04:29 PM
Level 200, rumour59 is a non de plume!

Hmmm, intriguing!

rumour59
11-19-21, 04:37 PM
Hmmm, intriguing!

Yes, was a naughty little dragon breeder and was reprimanded!

So what devices aren’t working? My iPad is so ancient, don’t think I can update above iOS 12.5.5 at the moment!

puffymagicdragon
11-19-21, 05:33 PM
Ios 15.1

1goducks
11-19-21, 05:38 PM
iOS 15.1

Level 200

puffymagicdragon
11-20-21, 10:22 AM
Day 10 still no word.

Frostyforest34
11-20-21, 02:29 PM
Do ?phase out? and ?shut down ? mean the same thing? Asking for clarification.

1goducks
11-20-21, 02:34 PM
Yep still nothing. Any updated Mods?

MajicHearts
11-21-21, 06:30 AM
I got in to Dragon Story! Don’t know if S8 did anything or not, but I got it loaded…so far…….

puffymagicdragon
11-21-21, 12:06 PM
I can’t believe I finally got in last night after 10 days. I missed tales and am way behind on leaderboard. Wondering how many people are having issues. I know some of my neighbors are having problems and they don’t post on forum. Problems seem pretty widespread among higher level players.

RocioBM
11-21-21, 07:22 PM
Day 10 without playing :(
Still cant log in

puffymagicdragon
11-22-21, 01:29 PM
Once again I am locked out.

1goducks
11-22-21, 02:55 PM

Same here. Got logged in for about 12 hours. Now I’m unable to log in again!

[S8] Elsa
11-22-21, 04:51 PM
Day 10 without playing :(
Still cant log in

Try to log in again. If you're still stuck, please create a new support ticket and pm me your ticket number.

Looks like you have been getting in this afternoon. Are you still locked out?

Same here. Got logged in for about 12 hours. Now I’m unable to log in again!

You're still stuck, please create a new support ticket and pm me your ticket number.

puffymagicdragon
11-22-21, 05:47 PM
I got back in.

RocioBM
11-22-21, 06:46 PM
Thank you Elsa… all good now :)
Hope it last

Edit:
I was able to play for about an hour. Then logged in my little island to play (level 5), and when I tried to log in in my main account (level 200) it was not possible. So sad. I will send a new ticket.

1goducks
11-23-21, 08:53 AM
Hope it last

Edit:
I was able to play for about an hour. Then logged in my little island to play (level 5), and when I tried to log in in my main account (level 200) it was not possible. So sad. I will send a new ticket.

Same here. Was able to log in yesterday afternoon and then when I tried this morning I couldn’t.

[S8] Elsa
11-23-21, 02:35 PM
Hope it last

Edit:

Thank you! I got your message.

Same here. Was able to log in yesterday afternoon and then when I tried this morning I couldn’t.

Sorry to hear you can't access the game. Can you please send in a new support ticket and pm me the number?

Carnivean
11-27-21, 01:34 AM
I've had connection issues for roughly the past week that have been intermittent. Today I've been unable to play for approximately 13 hours now. PM Sent with ticket number.

Is there anything on our end we can do to mitigate it happening in the future?

laurelsail
11-27-21, 08:46 PM
It seems like the ‘lock outs’ have something to do with the Tales events. Was locked out the entirety of the last Tales…was finally able to get in during the Leaderboard event and then got locked out right after the current Tales was activated. Has anyone else experienced this correlation?

Elsa;1660456']Try to log in again. If you're still stuck, please create a new support ticket and pm me your ticket number.

Looks like you have been getting in this afternoon. Are you still locked out?

You're still stuck, please create a new support ticket and pm me your ticket number.

RocioBM
11-28-21, 01:31 PM
I’ve noticed it was a Friday when I lost connection the two or three last times.

puffymagicdragon
11-28-21, 01:52 PM
I agree I was completely locked out during the last tales for 10 days. This time I have been able to get in but every afternoon I am locked out for several hours.

laurelsail
11-29-21, 09:33 PM
Is S8 ever going to fix Dragon Story? I have lost so much gold and food collecting, not to mention dragons I have just about had it. I have literally been playing since Day 1 but if they can’t get this rectified soon I am done.

Paul__
11-29-21, 10:08 PM
Thank you for your updates! I have forwarded this to the team.

Just a reminder, If anyone has specific dates or time ranges (like if they are having the issue only during dragon tales events) please feel free to update your ticket or create one if you haven't already. You can then send a PM to Elsa with the ticket number.

greywagtail
11-30-21, 08:46 AM
I have just submitted a ticket to Storm8 for this issue. Fantasy Forest works fine. I?m using an iPad mini 6, with 256 Gb and IOS 15.1.

I loaded FF and DS to my MacBook Air M1. Both games loaded and played, although I had not logged in. After logging in, FF worked fine at my level (200). When I attempted to log into DS with my Storm8 account, I got the same internet connection issue although it appeared the data had transferred across.

I am in UK, on level 200 and have been playing for years. This is the first time that not being able to log in for more than a couple of hours has happened to me. There have been occasions if I could not log in for minutes.

I am playing Tales.

If my neighbours, Hidden, Blue Bayou and Cindy are reading this thread, then I am sorry if I am unable to send you gold

gphra
11-30-21, 12:54 PM
Found a way to enter the game. To collect gold.
Installed the old version "Dragon Story: halloween"
Hope my island doesn't break.

greywagtail
11-30-21, 01:20 PM
Found a way to enter the game. To collect gold.
Hope my island doesn't break.
Is your island up to date without a roll back?

Perhaps this information might help Support fix the issue?

laurelsail
11-30-21, 10:24 PM
How did you reinstall? It doesn’t come up in my App Store…. Thanks!

QUOTE=gphra;1661225]Found a way to enter the game. To collect gold.
Hope my island doesn't break.[/QUOTE]

gphra
11-30-21, 10:42 PM

difficult to explain. translate.google mangles the translation.

asagm
12-01-21, 08:14 AM
Ive been locked out for five days now, haven?t been able to get in since the Black Friday sales started. Before that I had acces for mtwenty four hours and before that I was locked out for two weeks straight. I?m level two hundred

asagm
12-01-21, 08:18 AM
This has been going on and off now for three months. Never had a problem before. It feels like nobody is doing anything about it or helping. Hopefully they are but communication is terrible.

greywagtail
12-01-21, 10:39 AM
It is disappointing that it is the loyal people like us are affected with some giving up the game as a result. Hopefully some of the information on this thread might help Storm8 Support. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt right now - the issue might be hard to track down. I still can’t get in either.

greywagtail
12-01-21, 11:00 AM
I’ve just got back in. Hope it lasts

Carnivean
12-01-21, 05:09 PM
I still don't have access and I've been locked out since early Saturday (my time). Managed to start the recent Dragon Tales event and planted Fire Apples, haven't been able to get on since. I've already submitted a support ticket and PM'd Elsa. I've now missed a tournament, likely will miss the Dragon Tales, missed the Black Friday sales, missed out on collecting roughly 100 gold / day from all the gold dragons and a bit extra from neighbours and most likely going to miss the month long dragon as I'd be surprised if I got it without spending gold.

It'd be nice if I had the dragons from the events I've been locked out of the game for dropped into my storage or given the chance to play them with other events on but I don't see that happening. So as it is I'll have missed 5 maybe 6 dragons, and couldn't spend about 2,000 gold during the sales.

chloesisland
12-01-21, 08:34 PM
I am also locked out. Sent a message to S8 no reply and I also sent a private message to Elsa and no reply. Do you think that I will be compensated for the lost time in the event or compensated for the lost gold from not being able to harvest? (rhetorical question!)

greywagtail
12-02-21, 01:16 AM
Cannot get in this morning (08:00 GMT). Ticket is already in system

puffymagicdragon
12-02-21, 05:08 AM
I am locked out again too.

greywagtail
12-02-21, 06:59 AM
Cannot get in this morning (08:00 GMT). Ticket is already in system
Interesting. I’ve just got back in first time at 13:55 GMT.

I’m wondering if this is anything to do with 08:00 GMT being the time that the next Act of Tales starts? Or maybe more people are logged in for the start of the next Act?

puffymagicdragon
12-02-21, 07:43 AM
Still locked out for 4 hours and counting. Would love to finish tales but tired of all the drama of constantly checking to see if the game is working.

puffymagicdragon
12-02-21, 04:00 PM
Still locked out. Was all set up for tales this morning and now it looks like a lost day.

puffymagicdragon
12-03-21, 11:40 AM
Still locked out and tales ends Sunday. Are there any updates?

laurelsail
12-03-21, 11:55 AM
Is there any update on if/when S8 is going to get Dragon Story going? I have been locked out for 10 days and have no idea what is going on. Support tickets are unanswered as usual.

puffymagicdragon
12-04-21, 08:29 AM
It’s been two days of lockout for me. Last time it was 10 days. I was finally able to get in when tales finished last time so maybe once tales is over maybe I will be able to get back in. I’m beginning to dread tales and wish they would put a hold on tales until this issue is resolved. Please fix this problem. This thread started in August and still no resolution. Surely there is something they can do to fix it. It seems more and more people are affected and many have given up.

puffymagicdragon
12-05-21, 02:57 PM
Still locked out since 12/2 tomorrow is Monday maybe some answers. My tales ended today I couldn’t even get the second dragon even though I was set to craft it the morning I was locked out. I bred the common and finished the tournament. I feel liked all my work was wasted questing, feeding, breeding for the common, and crafting.

SpiritWind00
12-05-21, 06:07 PM
Hi all, I've stickied this thread and moved it to the Bugs forum plus added a descriptor to the title until S8 are able to identify and fix or advise further the issues around connectivity.

asagm
12-06-21, 04:13 AM
Been out for 10 days now, missed the sales, missed the tales, dont know what else Ive be missed. Two weeks out, one day in and the 10 days out.

puffymagicdragon
12-06-21, 08:47 AM
Me too been out since 12/2 and was out 10 days during the last tales. I wish they would fix the problem before they start another tales because that seems to be the problem . It seems more and more people are being affected. I wish I knew how many are affected. Please fix the problem.

giuarm24
12-06-21, 05:48 PM
Hi guys! While I was locked out from my IOS device, I have been able to play from my Android device.
Today I ve uninstalled the game on the IOS device and after reinstalling it I have been able to enter the game again! Hope it lasts! Just try it!

puffymagicdragon
12-07-21, 12:03 PM
Well tales is over and a new leaderboard started. I know that because I still get notifications about the game. It seems a cruel joke since I am still locked out.

[S8] Elsa
12-07-21, 04:01 PM
If you've sent me a message, thank you for your patience. We're quite swamped at the moment, but we'll do our best to reach you as soon as we can.

RocioBM
12-08-21, 08:42 AM
Hello
I cant log in since 11/26 :(

puffymagicdragon
12-08-21, 01:42 PM
Well I am back in but the leaderboard is not working and it keeps showing me the last leaderboard.

puffymagicdragon
12-08-21, 01:52 PM
Well I am back in but the leaderboard is not working and it keeps showing me the last leaderboard.

puffymagicdragon
12-09-21, 04:10 PM
Well I am back to being locked out. Can someone please tell us what is going on. Thanks

1goducks
12-09-21, 06:17 PM
Locked out again also. Was in for a few hours last night and this morning. Now it’s back to trying to log in.

tessnpiper
12-09-21, 09:39 PM
The one time I am sitting in first place in a Bingo game and I get stuck in a Bingo loop 😭 Stuck for 7 hours now. Maybe this is the push to take a break from this game 😞

I have submitted a ticket.

asagm
12-10-21, 03:03 AM
I haven?t been able to log in for 2 weeks straight now! Is anything g being done about this? Tickets in

puffymagicdragon
12-10-21, 04:33 AM
Still locked out. What is going on? Can someone take a moment to update us?

puffymagicdragon
12-10-21, 04:40 AM
Still waiting for an update on the “problem “ I sent ticket with details of the problem and messages. Please someone take a moment to update.

Carnivean
12-10-21, 05:26 PM
I was in for 2 days (Thursday / Friday AEDT (Australia)), its now Saturday and I'm back to not being able to connect. Guess I wasted some of my gold on the leaderboard / tournament as I didn't finish them and I don't see myself getting back in before they end.
Edit: I'm now back on again about 5pm AEDT. This is fun >>.

RocioBM
12-11-21, 07:41 AM
This is my 15th day not playing
Its impossible to log in. Ive tried several times every day and nothing works out
So sad :(

1goducks
12-11-21, 09:36 AM
Last night I finally connected and played for about 1 hour before going to bed. Woke up this morning and can’t connect again. This is so frustrating!!!

1goducks
12-15-21, 06:27 PM
Dragon Tails is back. That means I’m locked out AGAIN! This is so frustrating!

greywagtail
12-20-21, 11:37 AM
Cannot get into the game. Have updated my ticket to Storm8

1goducks
12-23-21, 08:52 PM
I’m still locked out. Is anyone else having issues???

puffymagicdragon
12-24-21, 01:31 PM
I am having a problem. My game is loading but the new leaderboard is missing from my game.

giddyjan
12-24-21, 08:26 PM
Not been able to Log in for about a week now. Submitted ticket, updated ticket, reload game, deleted and reinstalled....... whatever can be done is done.

Carnivean
12-25-21, 01:21 AM
I'm up to nearly a month today of not being able to access with the exception of 2 days which I mentioned in my ticket. I got a response that said to turn on automatic updates to keep the game updated. Sounds like they might have bug fix coming soon so that'd be nice.

puffymagicdragon
12-25-21, 04:19 PM
Leaderboard not working probably not fixed until after New Years.

greywagtail
01-01-22, 05:06 AM
Cannot get in again. Was kicked out last night. Support sent me an email to say not to keep them updated with new information so I haven’t.

orson32
01-01-22, 11:34 AM
Cannot get in again. Was kicked out last night. Support sent me an email to say not to keep them updated with new information so I haven’t.

Hi..I was kicked off yesterday soon after the new Tales started..have been trying and trying, even deleted and re installed and nothing is working..this is the longest I have not been able to get in.I can access all my other DS accounts though and they are all below the 200 level.
Sooooo frustrating..ormaybe its a sign, its time to leave ��

1goducks
01-01-22, 03:22 PM
Hi..I was kicked off yesterday soon after the new Tales started..have been trying and trying, even deleted and re installed and nothing is working..this is the longest I have not been able to get in.I can access all my other DS accounts though and they are all below the 200 level.
Sooooo frustrating..ormaybe its a sign, its time to leave ��

Same here. Wish they would do a update on the app and fix this problem!!!

greywagtail
01-02-22, 02:37 PM
Same here. Wish they would do a update on the app and fix this problem!!!

Still can’t get in. I was chucked out having just won a battle. Have Storm8 made any progress on this?

greywagtail
01-05-22, 03:44 AM
Fifth day now of not being able to get in. Any updates on when this will be fixed?

orson32
01-05-22, 09:43 AM
Fifth day now of not being able to get in. Any updates on when this will be fixed?

I’m with you..day 5 for-me too…apparently the issue is still being investigated..but I see also the issue with the bingo ‘ looping’ still is ongoing as well.

[S8] Elsa
01-05-22, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone, we're still actively investigating the issue. I'm sorry that I don't have better news to share with you, but since we haven't spoken since the holidays just wanted to drop by and let you know we're still working on it.

greywagtail
01-06-22, 02:52 AM
Elsa;1663429']Hi everyone, we're still actively investigating the issue. I'm sorry that I don't have better news to share with you, but since we haven't spoken since the holidays just wanted to drop by and let you know we're still working on it.
Thanks Elsa for the update. six days now of not getting in. My neighbours will think I have abandoned them.

orson32
01-06-22, 10:55 AM
Thanks Elsa for the update. six days now of not getting in. My neighbours will think I have abandoned them.

Hi..you don’t have any other account? At least I was able to post on mine from another account, that I am not able to get into game.

papalove1
01-06-22, 11:07 AM
Not only are we loosing game play time, we are also loosing gold and food. When will this stop?

greywagtail
01-06-22, 11:12 AM
Hi..you don’t have any other account? At least I was able to post on mine from another account, that I am not able to get into game.

I posted on my neighbours walls and on my wall when this first started happening. No guarantee they see it though

chloesisland
01-06-22, 02:24 PM
Elsa;1663429']Hi everyone, we're still actively investigating the issue. I'm sorry that I don't have better news to share with you, but since we haven't spoken since the holidays just wanted to drop by and let you know we're still working on it.

Hi Elsa
This may be an appropriate time to advise your customers on how they are to be compensated for lost gold, food and dragons. I eagerly await your reply

papalove1
01-06-22, 11:36 PM
I was finally able to log in and resume the game. I?m not very happy that I lost so much in the process. I have all the GPD?s and always keep the food supply at maximum. I?ve given up on the current game play because there is nothing to become of it.. Days of waisted time and effort..
I think that S8 needs to find a way to compensate for the loss they caused everyone that was effected. We get charged extremely for everything, but get very little in return for being loyal!

papalove1
01-07-22, 11:17 AM
Well, spoke too soon. Game is not loading again.

[S8] Elsa
01-08-22, 02:00 AM
Do any of you have an Android device? Are you able to login on it or do you experience the same issue?

1goducks
01-08-22, 08:05 AM
Elsa;1663633']Do any of you have an Android device? Are you able to login on it or do you experience the same issue?

I can’t login and I have a iPhone. Level 200 player. My wife and son both have a iPhone and can login in but they are not at level 200.

orson32
01-08-22, 11:36 AM
Elsa;1663633']Do any of you have an Android device? Are you able to login on it or do you experience the same issue?

I play on an Ipad Air 3 and only my level 200 account is unable to play game.

papalove1
01-08-22, 12:35 PM
Latest and greatest iPhone here. Was just able to log in after a couple of days. Hope it keeps working. Ive lost a lot of gold and food in the last week..
Level 200.

greywagtail
01-08-22, 02:50 PM
I am using iPad mini 6 and level 200. I?ve noticed that this issue got worse as I expanded further on the lowest island on the right. Maybe coincidence?

I was kicked out after winning a battle. Then it came back briefly before it kicked me out and I?ve been unable to get back in since.

NeidusBluetip
01-09-22, 02:39 PM
Yep, I'm now locked out on my iPad Pro as well. Just lucky that I have Android phones, especially since I paid gold to skip chapters for the Common Tales :/

EDIT: As of this morning now, and attempting the Try Again button about 5 times, I was able to get back in, but I guess no guarantee it'll stay like this. Can't believe such a major issue has been this persistent.

papalove1
01-09-22, 11:20 PM
Seems to be working now for me. But have lost a ton of gold and food in the process, plus not being able to send gold to friends or participate in current events. I wonder if they will compensate? It would be a huge black mark if they ignore to do so....

orson32
01-10-22, 02:52 PM

Hi Elsa..decided to try getting on game with my Android phone,( its a few years old but up to date on software..) I was able to get into my 200 level account with no problem.

greywagtail
01-11-22, 04:49 AM
Hi Elsa..decided to try getting on game with my Android phone,( its a few years old but up to date on software..) I was able to get into my 200 level account with no problem.
Seems that it might be an Apple issue

orson32
01-11-22, 12:18 PM
Seems that it might be an Apple issue

I am beginning to think the same..is an interesting idea..wonder how many others could try the same
Only problem is, if you don’t already have Dragon story on a device , its not available to get in Google Store

greywagtail
01-11-22, 12:53 PM
Whoo hoo! I’ve got in. Is it because Tales has ended? I got in after 6pm uk - which is when events start

greywagtail
01-11-22, 12:55 PM
I am beginning to think the same..is an interesting idea..wonder how many others could try the same
Only problem is, if you don’t already have Dragon story on a device , its not available to get in Google Store
It was Elsa‘s question about Android that got me thinking that perhaps their techies have identified it as an issue.

bobxbob
01-14-22, 07:00 AM
Hi
I haven’t been able to logon/start the game for over a week now.
I have an iPhone and iPad.

Bobxbob

[S8] Elsa
01-14-22, 04:16 PM
Thank you for trying to open the game on Android. Yes, it does appear to be iOS specific issue right now. So it may not be your accounts, it might be a software issue.

Quick question, what language is everyone using on their device?

Edit to add troubleshooting steps:
If your device language is not already in English, can you try changing it to English and then try to open the game?

U1timate
01-15-22, 04:06 PM
English language and my game has been down for 2 months. I have spend a lot of money on this game over the years. I admit I?m addicted I need this game in my life. Programmers please help. Thank you

orson32
01-15-22, 07:30 PM
My device is on English..that didn't seem to make any difference for me..

isabelmo
01-16-22, 07:43 AM
I have 2 different Dragon Story games, one on iPad, the other on iPhone. Both English. No issue with the one on iPhone. Major problem with the one on iPad. I have not been able to get into the game for a week to 10 days at a time for a couple months. It let me in 3 days ago on my iPad, now I am locked out again this morning.

bobxbob
01-16-22, 08:01 AM
Hi
I haven?t been able to logon/start the game for over a week now.
It shows as offline.
I have an iPhone 11Max Pro running iOS 14 and iPad Pro 11 inch running iOS 15.2

Username is bobxbob

I am level 200

P.S.
This forum and email are the only methods open to me to get support from Storm8. I sent an email over a week ago and no response. Hopefully, Storm8 support staff will see this and at least respond.

orson32
01-16-22, 01:10 PM
Elsa;1664101']Thank you for trying to open the game on Android. Yes, it does appear to be iOS specific issue right now. So it may not be your accounts, it might be a software issue.

Quick question, what language is everyone using on their device?

Edit to add troubleshooting steps:
If your device language is not already in English, can you try changing it to English and then try to open the game?

If it is an ios problem, why was I able to get into other accounts on an ipad but not my level 200 account..next highest account is 178

RocioBM
01-16-22, 05:23 PM
Almost 2 months without playing. It is very frustrating.
I have been playing since 2012. This appear to be the end for me, not the way I wanted it. So sad.

kacie07
01-18-22, 09:19 AM
I am having the same issues. I haven?t been able to open the game for awhile and when I do occasionally get it, it keeps knocking me out. So much for keeping up with the new quests. Someone needs to fix this. I use an iPad Pro. English and I also deleted and reloaded the app and still nothing. I can?t seem to connect to the forum help link so I?m lost. I?m about to give up on the lava games. I?ve already left a couple. Farm story 2 is working fine for now.
Castle Game needs fixing and compensation for those who missed out on moving ahead in the game. That?s my rant.

kacie07
01-18-22, 09:21 AM
How do you sent a ticket to support. I can?t seem to access the help option

kacie07
01-18-22, 09:32 AM
I?m having the same issues, can?t load into castle story at all. I can?t seem to even contact support. I?m lost and can?t even put a formal report in. I?m kacie07

greywagtail
01-18-22, 12:14 PM
Was able to get in after the last Tales ended. I was chucked out of Tales on Day 1 at about 10 pm GMT. Wonder if the same thing will happen with this tales.

Am now on iPadOS 15.2.1

MajicHearts
01-18-22, 02:01 PM
Was able to get in after the last Tales ended. I was chucked out of Tales on Day 1 at about 10 pm GMT. Wonder if the same thing will happen with this tales.

Am now on iPadOS 15.2.1

GoodLuck with that…..:blue::mad:

orson32
01-18-22, 04:35 PM
Was able to play until they fixed the Tales issue from earlier today..now not able to play game on ipad but can on Android phone,also I did all acts to craft first dragon ( using gold) only for it to show in craft shop that I am one marker short but the event is telling me to craft the dragon.I seems Tales event is a major issue with players games..

[S8] HungryGoblin
01-18-22, 04:44 PM
How do you sent a ticket to support. I can?t seem to access the help option

You can message Support here: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Thank you.

[S8] Elsa
01-18-22, 05:34 PM
If it is an ios problem, why was I able to get into other accounts on an ipad but not my level 200 account..next highest account is 178

If you can open a level 200 game on an Android, but not on an iPad this points to a software issue, but the cause of the conflict could be anything -- something that only the account has, but not necessarily that the account itself is the issue.

For example, someone mentioned that they had this issue when their device language was set to Chinese. I reproduced it once, but then the next time I logged in with the same language there wasn't an issue anymore. So, the theory a few days ago was maybe there's a letter or character that's not being properly recognized when content is downloaded or etc. However, since players followed up with their device language this doesn't seem to be the issue. I also tried French, German, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Russian, and Japanese languages and wasn't able to reproduce the issue again.

So when I say we're investigating every possible angle, it's true. I assume when we figure it out it's going to be a very tiny, very non-obvious needle in the haystack.

orson32
01-18-22, 07:13 PM
Heres a new piece for the puzzle..I am NOT able to log into my level 200 account since Tales started on my ipad with ios 15, BUT I am able to log into this account on an older ipad with only ios 9.8..??

[S8] Elsa
01-18-22, 10:00 PM
Heres a new piece for the puzzle..I am NOT able to log into my level 200 account since Tales started on my ipad with ios 15, BUT I am able to log into this account on an older ipad with only ios 9.8..??

This is what I'm looking for. Thank you! Can you PM me the Storm8 ID for your level 200 account?

This didn't work for me using 9.3.8 with a verified stuck account. :(

EDIT: My current guess is emojis/special characters from visitors on the Newsfeed.

greywagtail
01-19-22, 02:22 AM
Elsa;1664375']This is what I'm looking for. Thank you! Can you PM me the Storm8 ID for your level 200 account?

EDIT: My current guess is emojis/special characters from visitors on the Newsfeed.

Appreciate these updates Elsa, thank you

orson32
01-19-22, 06:58 PM
Further to posting about not getting in on my ipad with ios 15, after many many attempts I finally got in and have kept it going..

greywagtail
01-19-22, 10:33 PM
Further to posting about not getting in on my ipad with ios 15, after many many attempts I finally got in and have kept it going..
Same here. I’ve been chucked out several times but got back in after two or three attempts. No real pattern as to why I was chucked out. One time was as I started crafting Dawnleaf. I feared the worst expecting a marker to have disappeared but all was well.

orson32
01-20-22, 09:21 AM
Elsa;1664375']This is what I'm looking for. Thank you! Can you PM me the Storm8 ID for your level 200 account?

Don’t know how this could be ⤴️ Because my Newsfeed still had all the same posts before and after I was locked out and then got back in.

puffymagicdragon
01-20-22, 03:24 PM
I deleted all the posts from my feed that had emojis and starting this afternoon I can’t get in the game. It has to be a problem with dragon tales because that is when the problems start. I hope that helps in the investigation.

Varinamom
01-21-22, 08:37 AM
Locked out again for the past three days. These lockouts seem to be with the 200 level players. Grasping at straws but could we be so full of useless leftover parts from past events in storage slowing things down? I’m desperate now-not being able to collect from my gold dragons, not being able to make food, falling levels in bingo...

orson32
01-21-22, 10:02 AM
I am still thinking it has something to do with the Tales event..had absolutely no problems with Leaderboard..

[S8] Elsa
01-21-22, 12:44 PM
Locked out again for the past three days. These lockouts seem to be with the 200 level players. Grasping at straws but could we be so full of useless leftover parts from past events in storage slowing things down? I’m desperate now-not being able to collect from my gold dragons, not being able to make food, falling levels in bingo...

Let's try it. Can you create a support ticket and pm me the ticket number? We're all in this straw grasping boat together.

I am still thinking it has something to do with the Tales event..had absolutely no problems with Leaderboard..

^ We haven't changed anything related to how this event works in years, but it's possible it's not vibing with some niche thing for some reason. Is everyone else good during Leaderboards?

puffymagicdragon
01-21-22, 02:50 PM
I have no problem logging in with leaderboards a few days after tales ends. The last three leaderboards have not started on time for me. What I mean is I don’t have the spin wheel or am I able to collect points until about three days after the leaderboard starts. I can collect the crowns and the needed dragon is in my spell shop and the quests are there. Also the results for the previous leaderboard pop up when I collect food showing points, crowns but I don’t get the rewards. Support was able to help me get the whole thing started on the second day for the last leaderboard. Hopefully this is another clue.

[S8] Elsa
01-21-22, 07:03 PM
I have no problem logging in with leaderboards a few days after tales ends. The last three leaderboards have not started on time for me. What I mean is I don’t have the spin wheel or am I able to collect points until about three days after the leaderboard starts. I can collect the crowns and the needed dragon is in my spell shop and the quests are there. Also the results for the previous leaderboard pop up when I collect food showing points, crowns but I don’t get the rewards. Support was able to help me get the whole thing started on the second day for the last leaderboard. Hopefully this is another clue.

I think you had the Leaderboard issues because you were experiencing issues logging in while the Leaderboard was active. Next time there's a Leaderboard let us know if you can't login again.

greywagtail
01-22-22, 01:35 AM
I have been fine with leaderboards. I’ve been kicked out two or three times a day during Tales. It has taken several attempts to get back in but nothing like before when I couldn’t get in for a week at the start of Tales.

I’ve been clearing out the store, selling as much as I can but so much, battle badges, etc cannot be deleted. Would be great to get rid of it. IIRC there was an opportunity once before to craft dragons from the unused material.

magpiepixie
01-22-22, 01:13 PM
Locked out again for the past three days. These lockouts seem to be with the 200 level players. Grasping at straws but could we be so full of useless leftover parts from past events in storage slowing things down? I?m desperate now-not being able to collect from my gold dragons, not being able to make food, falling levels in bingo...

I feel the same way. I?ve been locked out for three days also and am very upset. Please fix this problem storm8, all your other games work!

1goducks
01-22-22, 05:56 PM
This has been going on for months. They don’t seem to know the problem. I’ve been Locke sour from over a week now. The last month I have only been able to log in a few times. Only last a day or so and then I’m locked out again. Level 200 player on a IPhone. Thinks it’s time to say goodbye. There doesn’t seem to be a fix coming because they can’t diagnose the problem. Allot of questions being asked but no fixes.

Feenfunke
01-23-22, 01:07 AM
I feel the same way. I?ve been locked out for three days also and am very upset. Please fix this problem storm8, all your other games work!

The same here. Two days now - can?t collect my gold and playing the tales and tournament. Lvl 200 and playing every day. Please fix this problem!!!

Kami365
01-23-22, 09:34 AM
I'm Not playing game since yesterday, unable to uploaded. I'm play on my iPad, iOS 9.3.6 memory 16GB. Still have 3GB left to load DS. it's an Old device but work perfectly with DS so far, And I did use VPN but can't log in to DS. I'm on Level 200.

iosissueexclusively
01-23-22, 11:32 AM
I noticed that a lot of questions being asked the last few days, but the answers are already known since some months now, by previous posts that are probably ignored or even deleted for unknown reasons. So, please, let me summarize some of the known stuff so far to help you investigate and fix the issue:

The severe issue started around 5 months ago.
This is an iOS issue exclusively. There is no problem at at all by logging into the same islands using android devices.
The issue affects high level players only (most probably on Level 200), which have too many different Dragons (animations), habitats, stored items etc. and for this reason there is a big amount of data to be load during the login. Lower level players or 200LV players with less data and animations are still fine.
The peak of the issue occurs during the whole period of each Dragon Tales event (most of the times the game is unplayable for hours or even days, without being able to log into the islands), while during the LBs the login is not normal again, but way better.
The issue affects all players of the above categories worldwide. I have verified it with many neighbours from the following countries: USA, Germany, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Greece, South Africa, UAE, Russia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and Australia. Many of them are using English (their native language) on their devices. So, the chosen language doesn't seem to be the problem.
It has nothing to do with our Internet Service Providers, as we have tested all kind of internet connections with different Ping times, from simple ADSL ones up to symmetric Fiber high speed ones and all kind of mobile connections, as 3G, 4G and 5G.
We have also tried several kind of iOS devices (older or new ones), some of them even updated to iOS 15 and they have the same behaviour. I am not sure and I can't verify it yet, but I think that previous iOS versions, like iOS 10 or older ones, might have less logging problems.
If you own 2 islands and switch between them using one device, then the problem becomes worse.
During LBs only, the logging problem isn't that much severe and we have noticed that by using a VPN we are able to solve it, the majority of the times.
The first handshake with the server is always successful, while the second handshake with the server is the one that always fails when the problem occurs.
Retrying for several times rarely solves the problem during Dragon Tales, especially if the server is at high peak. Because of the different worldwide timezones we are not sure which are the high peak hours, but we think that usually the odds are better for a successful login at around the server reset time.

greywagtail
01-24-22, 01:25 AM
Unable to get in. This was 8:04 GMT just after the next Tales act loads (I am in the UK) This is the second time that I’ve not been able to get in at this time.

I am frustrated having burned gold to get the Shade dragon.

EDIT. Got back in about 4 hrs later. I just tapped on the icon and was straight in, without even seeing the front screen. That has never happened to me before.

Kami365
01-24-22, 07:36 PM
I can manage to login with DS 16 hours ago, since than I can play now, I just remind you that I'm playing on an Old iPad iOS 9.3.6 Memory 16GB, DS level 200. I hope everyone else could login as well. Best of luck.

puffymagicdragon
01-25-22, 04:45 AM
Still can’t login missing tales, growing food, the tournament and visiting my neighbors. Is there any progress?

greywagtail
01-26-22, 01:32 AM
Second day running that I can’t get in just after 8 am GMT, just after next Act of Tales is due to load. This has happened several times in the past. Hope I’ll be able to get back in later today

Update : still can’t get in. Unable to start day 9 of Tales. Looks like I wasted 200 gold on Shade dragon. I love this game, been playing it since 2014, bought gold. So unfair that us loyal players are the ones being treated like this. :(

Update : got back in at 7:50 am. 10 mins before Day 10 loads. Used gold to complete Day 9 and gold the first part of 10. Got it all done by 08:20 GMT. Two mins later was kicked out, just like before. Eventually got back in and was pleased there wasn’t a roll-back.

puffymagicdragon
01-28-22, 04:29 AM
I am glad you were able to finish. I haven’t been able to log in since the second day of tales. I have been getting locked out for days at a time since November. I used to love tales but now it just means I will get locked out. I wish they would put a d on tales until they figure out the problem. Maybe replace tales with a world event so us loyal long time players can play. It seems more and more players are being affected. Thanks for listening.

bobxbob
01-28-22, 05:48 AM
Still not able to load game.

[support comms removed as per forum rules (https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)]

greywagtail
01-29-22, 11:34 AM
Yup - world event would be good. So many of us are getting these issues with Tales. I don’t want to give this game up. Hope you get back in now that tales has ended

puffymagicdragon
01-29-22, 11:46 AM
Still can’t get in but I usually don’t get in until Sunday after tales. I hate tales.

cobbler234
01-29-22, 12:54 PM
Hi all. I'm another long time 200 level player who hasn't been able to log into the game since the afternoon of Thursday, 1/20. I've been having ongoing problems for months but never anything like this before with a multiple days long issue. Up until now it's never been more than 12 - 18 hours. I submitted a ticket on Monday and they got back to me within an hour or so saying my issue was resolved just like others are reporting, but what a joke - nope, still didn't load! Do most people get back into the game eventually after the Tales event ends because I still can't get in. Puffymagicdragon, I see you usually get in on Sundays so I am hesitantly hopeful. Also, if I just don't ever play the Tales anymore will this problem stop or does that not matter?

puffymagicdragon
01-29-22, 01:22 PM
Well cobbler234 I usually get in a couple of days after tales ends. I don’t know if you don’t start tales if there is no problem. But you gave me something to think about. I am going to try and not start tales to see if it makes a difference. Most people seem to be able to get in after tales but this “problem “ has been plaguing me since November. I wish they would pause tales until the issue is resolved. My advice is keep trying to get in and hopefully you will get in. I would be curious to know how many people are affected because I think some would give up without saying anything. I know some long time players have given up. Hopefully I will be able to get in soon. Good luck.

iosissueexclusively
01-30-22, 08:58 AM
Well cobbler234 I usually get in a couple of days after tales ends. I don?t know if you don?t start tales if there is no problem. But you gave me something to think about. I am going to try and not start tales to see if it makes a difference. Most people seem to be able to get in after tales but this ?problem ? has been plaguing me since November. I wish they would pause tales until the issue is resolved. My advice is keep trying to get in and hopefully you will get in. I would be curious to know how many people are affected because I think some would give up without saying anything. I know some long time players have given up. Hopefully I will be able to get in soon. Good luck.
I don't want to disappoint you, but, by my experience so far, it makes no difference at all if you don't start Tales. I have quit playing Tales since a couple of months now and nothing changed since then.

By the way, I have almost verified that older iOS versions seem to have a little bit less problems with the known "not loading" issue. I tried an old iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.7 and I am able to log into the 2 of the 3 islands I own (all Top Level) since a few hours ago, while I am still unable to log into the same islands, using three last year bought devices (with iOS 14.3 up to IOS 14.8).

puffymagicdragon
01-30-22, 10:11 AM
Yes I know. I forgot tales automatically starts so I guess there is no work around. I am still locked out I am hoping I can get in later. I really miss playing and hope my neighbors haven’t given up on me but I can’t blame them. Is there a way to start a new account on the same device? I really want to visit my island and neighbors.

cobbler234
01-30-22, 11:44 AM
I was finally able to get my game to load a couple of hours ago after a very long and frustrating 10 days!!! Two of my gold gifting neighbors stuck by me :-) Not looking forward to the next Tales if what I'm reading in this thread is any indication that this might happen to me again. I also forgot that they automatically start after a certain time period.

puffymagicdragon
01-30-22, 12:28 PM
Finally got back in to game but leaderboard is not working.

puffymagicdragon
01-30-22, 01:06 PM
Now my leaderboard is working.

greywagtail
02-01-22, 12:02 PM
Finally got back in to game but leaderboard is not working.
Fingers crossed you stay in for a long time

1goducks
02-01-22, 06:31 PM
Was able to log in yesterday morning(11:00 am PST) and then played until about 10:25 am PST. Can’t log in again. So frustrating. It was almost 2 weeks of trying to log in. Guess I’ll start trying to log in again. Please help!!!

puffymagicdragon
02-02-22, 05:13 AM
I had trouble Monday afternoon for several hours trying to get in. I was finally able to get in so I hope you will get in soon. I wish we could have an update on if they are making any progress fixing the problem. I dread the next tales and am hoping for a world event. It seems we didn’t have problems until they did away with the world events.

greywagtail
02-02-22, 11:59 AM
I had trouble Monday afternoon for several hours trying to get in. I was finally able to get in so I hope you will get in soon. I wish we could have an update on if they are making any progress fixing the problem. I dread the next tales and am hoping for a world event. It seems we didn’t have problems until they did away with the world events.
I agree. I‘m able to get in but often after several attempts, sometimes several hours. I haven’t been able to craft January‘s dragon because I was locked out of the Tales at the start. I’ve deleted most of the stuff in my store but there is so much stuff that I can’t delete from years.

puffymagicdragon
02-02-22, 04:15 PM
I had to spend gold to craft the January dragon because I was locked out for 10 days. I spend gold to speed up tales but it does me no good when I get locked out. I put all my decor in storage, deleted emojis, stored dragons but still I get locked out. Not sure what else to try.

orson32
02-03-22, 04:26 PM
Don’t know how to take this,,its just ridiculous to say the least.Yesterday it took me a dozen tries to get in after the afternoon reset..today I was able to get in in the morning, then when I tried to get in before afternoon reset, I couldn’t on one of my ipads.Was able to get in on android phone with no problem, then later after over 24 tries on one ipad, I tried accessing using newer ipad and was successful.Later tried other ipad again and amazingly , finally got back in.
Its really hard to say what the cause might even be..situations are so different and varied across devices..I think it will take a miracle to solve this issue.

bobxbob
02-08-22, 09:09 PM
Still can’t get into the game. Even if I restart the device. Very frustrating. Never have I faced such an issue in the past 15 years of game playing.

greywagtail
02-10-22, 05:04 AM
Day 7 of Tales and can’t get in. Had problems before with Day 7.

puffymagicdragon
02-10-22, 05:47 AM
Yes there is a pattern to my lockouts with tales. I play one tales with minimal problems. The next tales I get locked out early day 2 or 3 for the length of tales and the first day of leaderboard. The third one in the sequence I get locked out on day 7. Today I am locked out. I had skipped ahead using gold so I could at least get the second dragon. The problem is not only do I miss finishing tales but I miss gold collections, growing food, visiting neighbors, collecting for the monthly dragon, and collecting for the battle arena dragon. I wish they would just suspend tales until the problem is fixed. What a lovely gift for long time, loyal players.

Varinamom
02-11-22, 05:25 AM
And I’m locked out again. Of course I just spent gold to activate my breeding roost, too. Can’t collect from my gold dragons to replace it either. When our games get locked we should automatically get our gold restored and get all the dragons we are prevented from earning...event, tournament, monthly, mining!

Kami365
02-11-22, 08:26 PM
Last two days I can't log in to the DS again. Keep trying to enter into the Dragon story but No success so far.

Kami365
02-11-22, 08:36 PM
I'm Not playing game since yesterday, unable to uploaded. I'm play on my iPad, iOS 9.3.6 memory 16GB. Still have 3GB left to load DS. it's an Old device but work perfectly with DS so far, And I did use VPN but can't log in to DS. I'm on Level 200.

Last two days I can't log in to the DS again. Keep trying to enter into the Dragon story but No success so far.

1goducks
02-12-22, 10:02 AM

It’s been over a week since I was able to log in. Try all the time unable to log in. This is SO frustrating!!!

Carnivean
02-12-22, 08:11 PM
At this point I'm at about 2.5 months with no access (end of November), thats 2.5 sets of habitats unable to buy, around 20-25 dragons per month, I think I have 11 gold earning dragons now so about 8,000 gold I've not been able to collect.

I'm playing on an update to date iphone X, I have 3 family members also playing the game from iphone X, 2 are unable to access it like me, one can. They also have accounts on I think ipad pro 9s, 2 are unable to access their accounts one is. All accounts are seperate Storm8 IDs. I was the first to lose access, the ipads a few days after and the other iphones after that. We have opened support tickets but per forum rules I cannot discuss responses received.

If there is any further information we could provide that would assist in gaining both our and everyone elses access please let us know as we miss playing the game.

Kami365
02-13-22, 09:07 AM
What should we do now? Keep trying or someone advise how to fix DS. Another problem is to delete the inactive neighbors. It is a hectic job to delete one by one, it took sometimes 20/30 seconds to delete one neighbor, I have more Than 1200 neighbors, it takes a lot of time and patience to delete inactive neighbors. I hope DS log in matter will be resolved soon.

1ch1ps
02-13-22, 07:35 PM
I’m worse than you… mine started late September and total lockout the last Tales of that month. Yes I’m level 200 & iOS 15.

What no one mentioned, unless I missed it …. I get the start up screen and it plays music. It grinds and eventually tells me you need the internet to play ….Elsa I’ll send you my ticket #, in November they told me it was resolved and they closed it. My game is no different today than it was in late September …. I’m Dragosland, or is it Dracoland… been 5 1/2 months … I’ll do my tic #. I Dan get into Castle Story, I’ve lost so much in Dragon Story it’s almost not worth going back to…

SpiritWind00
02-13-22, 11:14 PM
This thread has updates from generally the same players, but if you're new to this thread, please read the summary post on page 1, post 1 which has a quote from me. Any new duplicate threads will be pointed to this thread.

papalove1
02-14-22, 02:13 PM
This is such a bummer. Tried 7 different WiFi networks, 5G & LTE. Can?t get into the game and I?m loosing a ton of gold in the process. When will this be fixed? iPhone 12 Pro Max 512g.

stormdagi
02-14-22, 11:52 PM
Vanellope;1653947']If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature :)

Hi I?ve been locked out for days. I also can access other games and other accounts on Dragon Story. Yet my main account I?ve had for years will not allow me access. So frustrated 😤

stormdagi
02-14-22, 11:54 PM
I?m also level 200 and can?t access my account. So frustrated 🥺😫

papalove1
02-15-22, 12:56 AM
Ok, this is getting really stupid. I?ve tried and tried again, but still can?t resume my game. S8 sells gold at a very premium price but won?t do anything for the people loosing because of the massive amount of mistakes on their part. ?When Will This Be Fixed?? I wish I would have picked another game to be loyal too. No other game that I have seen has been this bad. Usually they fix problems within a day or two...

lougal85
02-15-22, 03:57 AM
Just raised a ticket, is it all the same issue 62275

greywagtail
02-15-22, 06:52 AM
I got back in but was thrown out many times. Luckily my longest period of not being able to get in was one week. If I turn off WiFi from my iPad, I immediately get the message. If I have wi-fi switched on, then it takes much longer for the message to appear. I’ve also upgraded IOS to 15.3.1 which has not made anything worse. I’m on level 200, and have one more Island expansion to make before I hit the limit. I rarely use the Arctic Isles. Just wondering what is different about my island that causes me less grief than yours.

greywagtail
02-15-22, 07:54 AM
Just raised a ticket, is it all the same issue 62275
Yes

Paul__
02-16-22, 12:49 AM
The team is still working on this issue. Apologizes for any inconvenience.

NeidusBluetip
02-16-22, 10:46 AM
Yeah, lost almost a full day of the new LB event, plus tournament :/

orson32
02-16-22, 04:51 PM
Well don't think issue can be completely linked to the Tales event, I had very little issue during it this last time.
Now today, I have been trying for over 5 hrs to get back into my game after the afternoon reset of the game.I can, however, still get on with my android phone and my older ipad with ios 9.8.?..so what has gone awry this time to cause my not getting on my newer device?
I have been filling in S8 on my game play/ non play, but this is the worst its ever been..not looking hopeful at all..
Was hoping to get on newer ipad because I can get the videos on it to use for helping with the tournament.

puffymagicdragon
02-17-22, 05:12 AM
I agree problem is worse. Now I am locked out of leaderboard too. I got in Tuesday after the reset but starting yesterday afternoon I can’t get in again. Tried again this morning and still can’t get in. It also seems like more and more people are posting on this thread. The problem has been going on since August and the lockouts for me started in November. I am trying to be patient but I see no improvement only more time locked out.