PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking - 2021 September 8

judyandthecat
09-08-21, 10:19 AM
A Wooden Bear Statue, a Cuckoo Clock

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Watch your newspaper

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Where To Find Event Items
Oak Wood - Cuckoo Clock
Maple Wood - Chickens
Cherry Wood - Kitchen
Leather Apron - Passion Fruit Vines
Sand Paper - Fishing
Sand Paper - Lower Levels - Cocoa Trees
Saw - Plane Deliveries
Mallet - Mine
Mallets - Lower Level - Bed and Breakfast

Goal 1 of 9: Woodworking
I know we do a lot around here, but I miss doing something creative with my hands. Maybe I could do something with all the wood laying around here.
Get 1 Oak Wood from the Cuckoo Clock
It pops up around your farm like a butterfly does
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 9: Woodworking
There is a lot of wood! We could make wooden toys! I used to love those when I was younger!
Get 1 Maple Wood from Chickens
Get 1 Cherry Wood from the Kitchen
Make 1 Carved Chicken in Specialty Goods
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Wood Workshop Desk, 3 experience points

Recipe: Carved Chicken
30 minutes in Specialty Goods
15 Maple Wood
3 Cherry Wood
3 Oak Wood

Goal 3 of 9: Woodworking
What kind of toys can we make? Maybe we can make our favourite animals!
Get 1 Leather Apron from Passion Fruit Vines
Get 1 Sand Paper from Fishing
Make 1 Carved Cow in Farmer's Outpost

Recipe: Carved Cow
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
2 Leather Aprons
3 Sand Paper
3 Oak Wood

Goal 4 of 9: Woodworking
I love that Idea! I'm going to need some good kit if we're going to dive in!
Get 1 Saw from Plane Deliveries
Get 1 Mallet from the Mine
Make 1 Carved Duck in Farmer's Outpost

Recipe: Carved Duck
1 hour in Farmer's Outpost
3 Saws
2 Mallets
3 Oak Wood

Goal 5 of 9: Woodworking
I love little wood animals! I think I'll have to keep some for myself!
Give 3 Carved Chicken
Give 3 Carved Cow
Give 3 Carved Duck

Goal 6 of 9: Woodworking
Lucas, do you like what we're making?
Give 4 Carved Chicken
Give 4 Carved Cow
Give 4 Carved Duck

Goal 7 of 9: Woodworking
I will paint them.
Give 5 Carved Chicken
Give 5 Carved Cow
Give 5 Carved Duck

Goal 8 of 9: Woodworking
I totally want to paint these little cuties! I want to keep them all!
Give 6 Carved Chicken
Give 6 Carved Cow
Give 6 Carved Duck

Goal 9 of 9: Woodworking
Now that we know how to really make some cute stuff, what else should we make? How about we make a Cuckoo Clock?
Give 7 Carved Chicken
Give 7 Carved Cow
Give 7 Carved Duck
REWARDS: 200 coins, Cuckoo Clock, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
Goal 1 of 2: Whittling Away!
If you need more Oak Wood you can check with the Wood Workshop Desk to get some extra materials.
Have Wood Workshop Desk
Make 1 Plane Delivery
Get 5 Carving Tools- random drop planes

Event Prizes
Cuckoo Clock - Exotic Pet - 1 square
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
Wood Workshop Desk - 10 gems - 1 time use
Hand Carved Bench - 100 gems
Wooden Bear Statue - 75 gems

judyandthecat
09-08-21, 10:19 AM
Saved for Event information.

ExcalS8
09-08-21, 11:17 AM
Woodn't you like to know? :)

Lapetshop7
09-08-21, 12:42 PM
If it's a fair event I will be kinda sad because I won't be able to try it this time! I'm having major surgery in the morning

judyandthecat
09-08-21, 02:51 PM
Love the Wooden Bear!

caterpilar88
09-08-21, 03:07 PM
Kooku clock :( how many boring kooku clock in ur storage?

judyandthecat
09-08-21, 04:06 PM
Kooku clock :( how many boring kooku clock in ur storage?

The important thing we can now display our Cuckoo Clocks and then put them in storage!

RoyalBlue305
09-08-21, 06:47 PM
Love these graphics! Looking forward to seeing this event play out.

tsumtsum27
09-08-21, 09:50 PM
I had played for 2 years and never see an event with cookoo clock. I would love to hv one

Lapetshop7
09-09-21, 05:56 AM
Looks like I'm skipping this event, about to head to the hospital to have major risky surgery.. good luck to everyone else on the event though

judyandthecat
09-09-21, 08:55 AM
Looks like I'm skipping this event, about to head to the hospital to have major risky surgery.. good luck to everyone else on the event though

Thinking of you and hoping you are back soon!

quilts99
09-09-21, 07:25 PM
Thinking of you and hoping you are back soon!

I hope all goes well for you,

RoyalBlue305
09-10-21, 09:15 AM
I made the wood-carved Pig in Specialty Goods. Does anyone know what it is for? I don’t see it in my storage so it must be for an item to turn-in. Not seeing what it would be for though however. I’m hoping I didn’t make it too early. I’m on Goal 3 right now.

judyandthecat
09-10-21, 09:23 AM
I made the wood-carved Pig in Specialty Goods. Does anyone know what it is for? I don’t see it in my storage so it must be for an item to turn-in. Not seeing what it would be for though however. I’m hoping I didn’t make it too early. I’m on Goal 3 right now.

You can purchase the Hand Carved Bench from the Market for a 100 gems.
Then you give it a Carved Pig to get extra items.
I haven't seen a goal for the Bench.

lennumber1
09-10-21, 02:28 PM
Be careful buying the hand carved bench for 100 gems. I spent the gems and both times I collected all I got was experience points. Not one event related item dropped.

ExcalS8
09-10-21, 03:35 PM
Be careful buying the hand carved bench for 100 gems. I spent the gems and both times I collected all I got was experience points. Not one event related item dropped.

Looking into this now. Can you submit a support ticket in the meantime so we can reimburse you?

Edit: Fixed, but let us know if you encounter additional issues. Sorry for the inconvenience!

orca1006
09-11-21, 12:22 AM
quick question...

are the items locked until we reach the certain goal?!

asking bcuz i?ve been mining, fishing, sending planes, collecting vine, etc, but i haven?t gotten a single drop from them. yes, i am stuck on goal 2 bcuz of the chickens, but in past events with a format like this one, i used to be able to at least collect the items and keep them in barn so i can get going as soon as i clear goal 2...

i don?t think it?s a low drop rate issue i?m experiencing, bcuz i never had problems with drop rates (except for the chicken) in past events where you have to turn in 25 crafts of each...

that also reminds me, all 4 receipts used to show up all at once when the event starts, but they seem to be locked also this time until i reach the next goal,

has the rules changed?! any insight will help....thanks :)

judyandthecat
09-11-21, 03:34 AM
quick question...

are the items locked until we reach the certain goal?!

asking bcuz i?ve been mining, fishing, sending planes, collecting vine, etc, but i haven?t gotten a single drop from them. yes, i am stuck on goal 2 bcuz of the chickens, but in past events with a format like this one, i used to be able to at least collect the items and keep them in barn so i can get going as soon as i clear goal 2...

i don?t think it?s a low drop rate issue i?m experiencing, bcuz i never had problems with drop rates (except for the chicken) in past events where you have to turn in 25 crafts of each...

that also reminds me, all 4 receipts used to show up all at once when the event starts, but they seem to be locked also this time until i reach the next goal,

has the rules changed?! any insight will help....thanks :)

Some of the recipes do not appear until you finish a goal. But all items drop from the mine, etc. Watch the newspaper and your neighbour's stores.

orca1006
09-11-21, 11:22 AM
Some of the recipes do not appear until you finish a goal. But all items drop from the mine, etc. Watch the newspaper and your neighbour's stores.

thanks miss judy :)

but out of curiosity, i just mined 35 times in a row. ZERO drops.....i wonder what’s going on :/ (i’m only on goal 3 so the mine is the only thing i can test quickly for a goal i haven’t reached/recipe i haven’t unlocked)

also, i have been scouring the newspaper and neighbor shops whenever chance i get, but i have NOT seen ANY items from the mine, fishing, saw from planes, and vines. i even found some chicken items from the shops, but none of the 4 drops i listed....(not even after i got to goal 3)

afraid (1) my theory is right, and people who aren’t participating this time can’t help out with these 4 items cuz they haven’t cleared the goals (hence the low availability), OR (2) these 4 items are just invisible altogether in the shops......:/

maybe the Team can provide some clarity on Monday...

Freshte
09-11-21, 12:28 PM
I also haven't received a single saw on plane drops since opening the goal. If its drop rate is exceedingly low I'll keep trying but I have 30+ deliveries in already. Seems a bit high for their drop rate.

judyandthecat
09-11-21, 01:37 PM
thanks miss judy :)

but out of curiosity, i just mined 35 times in a row. ZERO drops.....i wonder what’s going on :/ (i’m only on goal 3 so the mine is the only thing i can test quickly for a goal i haven’t reached/recipe i haven’t unlocked)

also, i have been scouring the newspaper and neighbor shops whenever chance i get, but i have NOT seen ANY items from the mine, fishing, saw from planes, and vines. i even found some chicken items from the shops, but none of the 4 drops i listed....(not even after i got to goal 3)

afraid (1) my theory is right, and people who aren’t participating this time can’t help out with these 4 items cuz they haven’t cleared the goals (hence the low availability), OR (2) these 4 items are just invisible altogether in the shops......:/

maybe the Team can provide some clarity on Monday...

Very interesting!
I hope Event items are available before the goal is unlocked.
Ok will do a test and see if my baby farm can see and buy items, ha if I can find where grandkids put my old iPhone.
On a mission.

Update: ok I sold myself one of each item with no problem.
But said Sand Paper lower levels from cocoa trees.
Harvested cocoa trees and got nothing will retry when trees ready.

draughnc
09-11-21, 05:26 PM
I have sent numerous planes and never get the saw. I get the tool set no problem. Also no saws in the newspaper. Is there a problem with the saw? This is an extremely low drop rate or I should say zilch on the saws. Very frustrating.

orca1006
09-11-21, 05:32 PM
Very interesting!
Ok will do a test and see if my baby farm can see and buy items, ha if I can find where grandkids put my old iPhone.
On a mission.

thanks again ms judy :) at least now we know the items are not invisible in the shops :)

p.s. haha love the grandkids bit XD

RoyalBlue305
09-11-21, 05:50 PM
You can purchase the Hand Carved Bench from the Market for a 100 gems.
Then you give it a Carved Pig to get extra items.
I haven't seen a goal for the Bench.

Thank you Judy!

orca1006
09-11-21, 09:58 PM
now that i’ve reached goal 4, hammers are dropping fine from mining...(9 out of 10 times)

something funky seems to be going on indeed....

RoyalBlue305
09-12-21, 12:28 PM
now that i?ve reached goal 4, hammers are dropping fine from mining...(9 out of 10 times)

something funky seems to be going on indeed....

I am also starting to get them as well. Still having trouble with plane deliveries.

KojiMama
09-12-21, 01:33 PM
I had the same issue with the saws. No saws until I unlocked the goal. But since it’s the same as all these other events where the struggle is making three of each, then four of each then five…honestly I’m going to make better use of my time watching leaves fall off trees in my backyard. We need new events.

MBginger59
09-12-21, 02:06 PM
I had the same issue with the saws. No saws until I unlocked the goal. But since it?s the same as all these other events where the struggle is making three of each, then four of each then five?honestly I?m going to make better use of my time watching leaves fall off trees in my backyard. We need new events.

I am having same problem also. On 5/9 and have only made 1 duck in 2 days.

judyandthecat
09-12-21, 07:22 PM
Planked is Six Goals
The Reward at the end is 5 Pickaxes

You have to make one of each and then give.
Goal 1 Is give 10 Stuffed Peppers
Goal 2 is give 7 Milk Chocolate
Goal 3 is give 7 Raisins
Goal 4 is give 12 Orange Cotton Candy
Goal 5 is give 10 Bubble Bath Bottle
Goal 6 is give 10 Almond Face Mask

007fw
09-13-21, 03:30 PM
I have sent numerous planes and never get the saw. I get the tool set no problem. Also no saws in the newspaper. Is there a problem with the saw? This is an extremely low drop rate or I should say zilch on the saws. Very frustrating.

How do you sell items to yourself?

Please see next post. This was in connection to Judy's post rather than drraughnc

007fw
09-13-21, 03:59 PM
Very interesting!
On a mission.

How do you sell items to your self?

judyandthecat
09-13-21, 05:10 PM
How do you sell items to your self?

I have a baby farm.
So I kind of sold it to myself...grandchildrens farm.
I sold the items to the baby farm. It is an old iPhone grandkids play on with a farm on it.

Often though someone else buys because I not quick enough...but I was testing to see if items were visible.

007fw
09-13-21, 06:28 PM
I have a baby farm.
So I kind of sold it to myself...grandchildrens farm.
I sold the items to the baby farm. It is an old iPhone grandkids play on with a farm on it.

Often though someone else buys because I not quick enough...but I was testing to see if items were visible.

Oh ok. I thought I had been missing something. Thanks

KewlMusic
09-14-21, 04:09 AM

I?m experiencing the same issue. If drop rates don?t improve for saws and saws are not available in the newspaper, I?ll not be able to complete the event. And I was really hoping to get the cuckoo clock.😔

NElove6
09-14-21, 05:52 AM
No saws are dropping from the deliveries! Is this a glitch? Anyone else having this issue? I?ve sent at least 50.

TwixAndScones
09-14-21, 10:45 AM
I lost my thought that I had almost a week ago since I've been so busy and I didn't write it down before I forgot.

Though for 10 gems, I absolutely am impressed with the height of the "Wood Workshop Desk" (chicken) thing. It's huge! I wonder what the Hand Carved Bench (sheep) and the Wooden Bear statue looks like, height wise and if it will be just as good as the chicken desk was.

RoyalBlue305
09-15-21, 05:02 PM
Love the Wooden Bear!

I do too! I love all of the graphics for this event. I would like to have all the carvings as deco. I think they?re wonderful. Hats off to S8 for this one!

Moissonor
09-16-21, 02:19 PM
Is it possible that after the 9th goal, items are impossible to obtain except Oak wood from cuckoo clock and carving tools from plane?

Merci

I am one of the lucky Farmers who have passed the 9th goal.

ExcalS8
09-17-21, 04:46 PM
Hi! I thought I'd pop in to the thread to reduce confusion about how this event is structured.

- We streamlined this event for "pertinent drops", such that items will only drop once you have actually unlocked the associated goal, and then stop dropping after you no longer need them.
- We did notice that items were not being collected as often as we'd hoped, so I pushed two changes to address this: first, the drop rates for event items has been increased in proportion to the time remaining in the event (in cases where the adjusted drop rate exceeded 200% for previously-non-guaranteed drops, the quantity is doubled); secondly, I've added a method that will reduce instances of "streakiness" in drop rates.

Our goal with this change is to incentivize players to progress further in the event overall, and hopefully that picks up this weekend. Our next event will continue along this path, and we'll keep collecting player feedback so that we can understand your expectations as well. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy the rest of the Woodworking event!

orca1006
09-17-21, 05:56 PM
Hi! I thought I'd pop in to the thread to reduce confusion about how this event is structured.

- We streamlined this event for "pertinent drops", such that items will only drop once you have actually unlocked the associated goal, and then stop dropping after you no longer need them.
- We did notice that items were not being collected as often as we'd hoped, so I pushed two changes to address this: first, the drop rates for event items has been increased in proportion to the time remaining in the event (in cases where the adjusted drop rate exceeded 200% for previously-non-guaranteed drops, the quantity is doubled); secondly, I've added a method that will reduce instances of "streakiness" in drop rates.

Our goal with this change is to incentivize players to progress further in the event overall, and hopefully that picks up this weekend. Our next event will continue along this path, and we'll keep collecting player feedback so that we can understand your expectations as well. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy the rest of the Woodworking event!

Thank you so much for clarifying this :) yes, i did just notice more drops from chicken, as well as 2 saws drop at once from my 1 delivery. Thank you so much for this change; hopefully this will allow me to finish up the event with enough chicken drops with the time remaining :)

?-

1 suggestion I do have though: while I understand the idea of streamlining the events and not dropping items until we reach the specific goal (okay, not my favorite change because I am so used to collecting items ahead of time to prepare for the next goal, but I can learn to evolve and get accustomed to this new way given enough time), I DON?T quite agree with the idea of stopping the drops when we finish the goals.

Part of the biggest draw of this game (hence the reason why I?m still playing after years) is the sense of community and being able to help each other out during events. I still remember a couple years ago when that ability to sell event items to neighbors was taken away from us, and how that really sucked a lot of the fun out of this game and made me want to quit...I was so happy when it was finally brought back.

So when you stop allowing drops after we finally finish the goals (i.e. when we are finally able to sell our spares to help out our neighbors especially for those super rare drops), that feels like to me is basically not allowing us to sell to each other....and hence again taking away the fun of helping each other out during events...

?-
Again, thank you very much for always bringing us new events and exciting new item (you guys are super creative! :)). I really appreciate all S8 Team?s hard work :) happy weekend to you too~

p.s. can you explain what you mean by ?streakiness? in drop rates? i didn?t quite understand that sentence...

RoyalBlue305
09-18-21, 07:40 AM

wow thank you! I really like this event and artwork and prizes. I hope I can finish in time!

RoyalBlue305
09-18-21, 07:42 AM
Sorry off topic but more people are reading these posts here: I've got old expansion parts for sale. I need the room for this event so go grab em before they're gone if you need them! And here's hoping S8 doesn't bring these back down the road. I can't keep hoarding old parts any longer.

judyandthecat
09-21-21, 05:44 PM
Not much time left.
But these chickens are mighty cool decoration for ten gems.
I bought a couple just not touching until safe.