PDA

View Full Version : Boxes o' magic: a modest proposal

driftboutique
04-26-11, 11:09 PM
So, I think that for those of us who are magic box fiends, the fashion story magic box has been pretty well unpacked. We all know what's in it, and it seems to me that the return is fairly poor compared to the boxes in other games. If I count right, all told there are three items that can appear in your shop. Three!

The closet items are fun, don't get me wrong. But since they do not go in your shop, they are not on par with the other items.

Here's what I propose:

A magic crate. this would cost the same as the current magic box and have several, perhaps ten or more, all-new objects that can be placed in the store. Another custom dressing room, a different wall mirror, a sculpture, a painting, a flowerpot, a box of fifteen tiles that cannot be purchased in any other manner, etc.

A magic shopping bag. this would sell for less, maybe 15 gems, and would contain only closet items. Time to move on from Gaga; these could be couture cocktail frocks, Marc Jacobs style day dresses, additional jewelry (since the jewelry in the closet is so sparse), red hair, long glam curls like the girl in the load screen, and so forth.

I have some gems burning a hole in my pocket, Team Lava. What are you going to do about it? 

TheFluffySlipper
04-27-11, 11:10 PM
Yes some good suggestions drift! The choices are ... well ... stark to say the least. I'd love some new mirror and dressing room choices but I don't want that big ugly green thing! Nor do I want outfits for my avatar. I hardly ever even see her!

driftboutique
04-27-11, 11:38 PM
Thanks! Awww, I love the green dressing room. Hate that coffee table though!

I dress my avatar in a new outfit daily, because I'm too old to play with barbies and retain my, err, dignity 

TheFluffySlipper
04-28-11, 07:10 AM
hahaha! :D

I've seen the green look good in some boutiques, but it would just clash in mine.

driftboutique
04-28-11, 09:18 AM
hahaha! :D

I've seen the green look good in some boutiques, but it would just clash in mine.

I can see that... My favorite boutiques are ones that have a lot of black in them and the regular dressing rooms look way more elegant there. Also, there are definitely some people who have like 10 green dressing rooms, 10 merlions and one of each of everything else, which might contribute to their bad rep 

chicarica
04-30-11, 06:31 PM
What a great idea drift! I agree with you too fluffyslipper, 24 gems is quite an investment for something you never see! I'd much rather a deco for my boutique for that cost. I have gotten a closet item from the magic box however, and I do like how they are unique and super cute... but just not sure if they're worth that much.

TheFluffySlipper
04-30-11, 06:37 PM
Also, there are definitely some people who have like 10 green dressing rooms, 10 merlions and one of each of everything else, which might contribute to their bad rep 

Yes, it would seem that the green change rooms and the merlions have become the Ed Hardy of the Fashion Story boutique world! :p

driftboutique
04-30-11, 07:02 PM
Yes, it would seem that the green change rooms and the merlions have become the Ed Hardy of the Fashion Story boutique world! :p

Oh dear! Might be time to put mine in storage after all, lol