PDA

View Full Version : 🎃 Dragon Story: Halloween / Autumn Sale Suggestion Thread

Paul__
08-26-21, 11:54 PM
Dragon Story Halloween / Autumn Sale Suggestion Thread

With Autumn just around the corner, what would you like to see in a possible Halloween / Autumn Sale in Dragon Story?

If there are any specific dragons, habitats, decorations, or anything else you would like to see, feel free to post them below! Pictures are highly encouraged.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/5332437a36b790ef6b164a4130381128/17c7297ec948420a-1a/s500x750/577690d08b42eb1e506cdbcda1f99a3685a8339e.png

Note: Please also note that while suggestions will be taken into account, it is ultimately at the Storm8 Staff's discretion as to what actually comes on sale at the time the sale(s) go(es) live. This thread is not for suggesting new features or changes to the game. All off topic posts will be removed.

Mikep101
08-27-21, 12:10 PM
Various 5 dragon habitats on sale. Arcane Fire! Five Peaks! plus Halloween ones..

Bring back old gold producing dragons that have been dropped from for sale.
Stainglass
Goldwing
Sterling Silver
Forbidden
Rose gold

Bring back Fairy Crossroad habitats on sale. They haven't been on sale for 5yrs plus! This would help greatly with room issues.

Reduced Essence cost 50% to craft habitats or double essence for trading dragons would also be nice.

I'm trying to accommodate no new land, but to do that I'm having to trade out every habitat possible.

Thanks

Natasha_07
08-27-21, 12:27 PM
Weekly sales instead of waiting on the grand sale which comes a couple days before things are over.

All previous autumn & Halloween content on sale, plus as posted above some land would be nice.

mymonta
08-27-21, 03:44 PM
I echo what amerirish is saying. Many players have maxed out on all of their expansions, and without more land, there is no way to purchase new habitats and/or dragons. It is very disappointing to get a new egg that just sits in storage and never gets hatched, or to get a new dragon and have to put something else in storage to make room for the new dragon. For me the point of playing the game is to collect and be able to display all the cool looking dragons and habitats that Flatfoot and others create. Creating new land should be the number one priority for Storm8 if they expect long term players to continue playing.

That being said, I am trying to collect all the Rainbow type dragons, and I am missing 12. I would love to see Neo Glasswing and Neo Valiant up for sale as they can't be crafted with Essence. I would also like to see Jungle Queen, which can't be bred, and even Glimmer and Diamond Prism on sale, even though they can be bred.

I also somehow missed out on entire month or something when Tarot type dragons were released, so I would like to have another crack at them and their habitats.

Mikep101
08-27-21, 06:55 PM
All, Elsa replied to another thread about adding space. Basically it is not in the plans at this time. Doesn't mean it won't happen at some point, but I've worked in engineering long enough to know when resources are directed to other things the chances of a project this old getting significant updates is slim to none. It's not even getting an Android fix. So if you want to play then you have to accept it is what it is and that is it.

amerirish
08-27-21, 07:15 PM
All, Elsa replied to another thread about adding space. Basically it is not in the plans at this time. Doesn't mean it won't happen at some point, but I've worked in engineering long enough to know when resources are directed to other things the chances of a project this old getting significant updates is slim to none. It's not even getting an Android fix. So if you want to play then you have to accept it is what it is and that is it.

This thread is asking current players/users for suggestions for the upcoming sale/event. My suggestion was to add more land so that we can enjoy any and all updates and content. As consumers, I do not believe that we should "accept what it is and that is it" rather we should tell the engineers what we would prefer them to focus on so that we can fully enjoy the game. If they are solely focused on churning out new content without addressing the 'structural' deficiencies {lack of land} then what is the motivation for players to continue? Right now, players cannot possess and/or store all of the habitats, dragons and decor that the game offers. So why are they creating more 'stuff' instead of 'space'???

Mikep101
08-27-21, 08:49 PM
Not disagreeing, but facing the reality of this game being on life support.

amerirish
08-27-21, 08:56 PM
Not disagreeing, but facing the reality of this game being on life support.

Dude, I hear you and agree but rather than lay down and take it let's use whatever 'voice' we have left and tell S8 what we need/want. I know it feels like shouting into a void but at least it is something :(

Paul__
08-27-21, 09:04 PM
I understand the need for land in this game, but the focus for this thread is for suggesting items to go on sale for the Autumn holidays. If you would like to suggest new land, please see the pre-existing thread here:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?111812-Begging-begging-begging-for-new-land!!!

As stated in the original posts, off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks for understanding. If you have any questions about your post, please contact my via PM or lodge a Forum Dispute with Storm8 Staff.

Frostyforest34
08-28-21, 07:19 PM
Serious question: will they actually listen to our suggestions? Or are we just making wish lists that no one will look at?

amerirish
08-28-21, 09:16 PM
Serious question: will they actually listen to our suggestions? Or are we just making wish lists that no one will look at?

I cannot agree more with this valid question!!

Mikep101
08-28-21, 10:41 PM
I'd also like to see essence deals, such as 50% off essence habitats or double essence on dragon trades. Seeking ways to.stretch the available land by swapping out old habitats so I have space for new.dragons, so anything on sale to do that would be helpful.

Natasha_07
08-29-21, 10:25 AM
I would like to also add to my previous post to re-release GPD Midas & Stainglass for the HW sales.

I've wanted these 2 for so long since they were 400 gold a piece but couldn't buy then.

It would also be great if any GPD this season could have some theme to them, for example we've never had a Halloween themed GPD or any season.

I'm not saying to make all the rest seasonal themed, NO! Just this time if you're not going to re-release old ones because I keep asking for them.

There wasn't no summer sale in DS or some of the main story games that I play, keep asking for the same over & over is just more broken records.

CorDraco
09-02-21, 02:50 PM
I would also like to see the old GPDs come out of retirement for a sale!

MajicHearts
09-03-21, 11:55 AM
This is in response to a request for more land from another discussion/request:

Unfortunately, there were new requirements from the store that Dragon Story and some other games can't meet. They're older games and while we are so, so proud of the lifespan of our games (a lot of games don't get ~9 years wow thank you all so much!), it can present some obstacles. If that changes it would make us and our players very happy but this is the hand we've been dealt for now. It's not that we're not supporting, it's that we can't do anything about it at this time. We really hope that changes in the future and again, sorry this isn't an answer that feels good to receive. I wish it were different!

As much as suggested player solutions are given in good faith, it's not in good service to you or us to explain why each theory or suggestion can't be applied. Just please know that our teams work really hard and if it were that easy, we'd have done it. It's just not. Sorry!

Sorry about posting this here, but i didn’t know where else to post it.

Mikep101
09-05-21, 03:01 PM
Not seeing much from my wishlist for the summer sale, other than generic 5 dragon habitats. Wonder if I will get anything from my list for this sale? Been asking for same things for 5yrs. Old GPDs and fairy crossroads habitats.

Frostyforest34
09-05-21, 06:08 PM
Duplicate

Frostyforest34
09-05-21, 06:08 PM
I?m sure glad we made that wishlist for sales. Looks like they really listened to us. 🙄

Maybe Halloween sale will be better?

Mikep101
10-26-21, 06:03 PM
Lots of Halloween habitats and dragons.