PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Event - 2021 August 4

judyandthecat
08-04-21, 02:36 PM

Video Game Monkey

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Check your Newspaper for items
3. Recipes found in Post 2

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Where To Find Event Items
All Drops are Random
Piper's Controller - Chocolatier
Piper's Console - Mine
Piper's Cartridge - Crops
Morgan's Controller - Deep Fryer
Morgan's Console - Planes
Morgan's Cartridge - Fishing
Lucas' Controller - Apple Trees
Lucas' Console - Passion Fruit Vines
Lucas' Cartridge - Pigs

Goal 1 of 8: Arcade
I can't resist the allure of beeps and boops. I really wish there were some arcades still around.
Get 1 Piper's Controller from the Chocolatier
Get 1 Piper's Console from the mine
Buy 1 Arcade Cabinet from the Market
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Nail, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 8: Arcade
Morgan, we can still play video games at home! What's so special about an arcade anyway?
Have Farmer's Outpost
Get Piper's Cartridge from plots (crops)
Get Piper's Game from Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Recipe Piper's Game
10 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Controller
1 Piper's Console
10 Piper's Cartridge

Goal 3 of 8: Arcade
Arcades were fun! Being surrounded by the sounds of video games and other kids screaming and laughing! I really miss it.
Make 10 Plane Deliveries
Get 2 Morgan's Controller from Deep Fryer
Get 2 Morgan's Cartridge from Planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Screw, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 8: Arcade
That does sound fun, but we can now play with our friends at anytime, through the internet!
Get 1 Morgan's Console from Fishing
Get 1 Morgan's Game from Farmer's Outpost

Recipe - Morgan's Game
45 minutes Farmer's Outpost
2 Morgan's Controller
2 Morgan's Console
1 Morgan's Cartridge

Goal 5 of 8: Arcade
That's true, I will also admit, the graphics have gotten a lot better since the days of the arcade cabinets.
Get 1 Lucas' Controller from Apple Trees
Get 1 Lucas' Console from Passion Fruit Vines
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Paint, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 8: Arcade
I want to be in a video game.
Get 3 Lucas' Cartridge from Pigs
Get 1 Lucas' Game from Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Plank, 3 experience points

Recipe Lucas' Game
15 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Lucas' Controller
1 Lucas' Console
3 Lucas' Cartridge

Goal 7 of 8: Arcade
That would be fun, a video game of ourselves! What kind of game would we be in?
Get 1 Pixel Art from Farmer's Outpost
Bring 1 Pixel Art to Arcade Cabinet
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Hammer, 3 experience points

Recipe - Pixel Art
1 hour Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Game
1 Morgan's Game! Lucas' Game

Goal 8 of 8: Arcade
How about something for the phone? Something we always do, a game about our Farm!
Bring 25 of Pixel Art to Arcade Cabinet
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Arcade Tokens, 3 experience points

Thank You Storm8 for this reward. It is valued at 250 gems in the Market

Side Goal (optional)
Hi Score!
Want more items? Get a Arcade Tokens and collect Arcade items from it!
Have Arcade Tokens - 250 gems in the Market

Event Prizes
Extra Life!
Can you get all the prizes from Arcade Cabinet? Make sure to keep your gear on!
Have Arcade Cabinet - buy from Market
Get 1 of each of the following
Video Game Monkey
Make Up Pig
Vlog Cow
How To Chicken
Chicken Selfie Studio
Vaporwave Scarecrow
Virtual Cat Trophy
Electronic Fountain
Map of the Internet
Fossil Rock Path
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
Arcade Tokens - 250 gems

judyandthecat
08-04-21, 02:36 PM
Recipes

Recipe Piper's Game
10 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Controller
1 Piper's Console
10 Piper's Cartridge

Recipe - Morgan's Game
45 minutes Farmer's Outpost
2 Morgan's Controller
2 Morgan's Console
1 Morgan's Cartridge

Recipe Lucas' Game
15 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Lucas' Controller
1 Lucas' Console
3 Lucas' Cartridge

Recipe - Pixel Art
1 hour Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Game
1 Morgan's Game! Lucas' Game

Natasha_07
08-04-21, 05:01 PM
Who asked for more monkeys, please stop with this monkey business.

Could've given us some fairies, exotic birds, owls & so many other types of animals.

KojiMama
08-04-21, 05:11 PM
Tired of monkeys really tired of monkeys giving this a complete miss and my inventory is going to fill up with garbage AGAIN. How about a poll on what types of animals players want to win? Length of events? Amount of junk they want to have to constantly unload? I never take that pop up poll but next time I see it I’ll take it.

judyandthecat
08-04-21, 05:30 PM
Tired of monkeys really tired of monkeys giving this a complete miss and my inventory is going to fill up with garbage AGAIN. How about a poll on what types of animals players want to win? Length of events? Amount of junk they want to have to constantly unload? I never take that pop up poll but next time I see it I’ll take it.

Here is a poll for do you prefer exotic or regular pets
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?112158-Do-you-prefer-Regular-Pets-or-Exotic-Pets

The only thing good all items can be sold so at least not feeling up the barn.

I love the fairies!

ankavale1000
08-04-21, 05:41 PM
Agree with above ⬆️ posts about putting an end to ‘this monkey business’

OWL … someone said Owl! Yes! I would like an owl.

Going to pass this event. Would do planes for blue expand parts except the drop rate is sooooo low I get so tomato red that I want to throw my iPad against the wall. I need to avoid planes - for inner peace lol

TwixAndScones
08-04-21, 06:00 PM
Not participating. But why do they keep doing monkeys? Unless the silent majority love them, I don't see why they keep doing them. The vocal majority don't like them.

I did however buy the "arcade cabinet" I do wish it was the same size as the game machines though.

tsumtsum27
08-04-21, 09:25 PM
Nooooo not monkey againnn pleaseee

KojiMama
08-05-21, 03:38 AM
How about a Bigfoot with a Bigfoot pen? Different color furs. Chupacabra? I took that poll when it came out. I think most people are for pets not exotic pets. I can’t ‘speed feed’ exotic pets and some of them are just plain creepy. Or monkeys. If monkeys were interspersed over time it would be okay but lately it’s been monkey monkey monkey. Are the programmers getting lazy and don’t want to change out the monkey code?

caterpilar88
08-05-21, 04:59 AM
Last time I already give up fireworks monkey, now another monkey:( I would love some human look like gnome better, or cute animate like butterflies

RoyalBlue305
08-05-21, 09:18 AM
Who asked for more monkeys, please stop with this monkey business.

Could've given us some fairies, exotic birds, owls & so many other types of animals.

Agree wholeheartedly. The recent events have not been very desirable and now another monkey event. Fail. I?ll be opting out of this one and just focusing on train deliveries. Last event was extremely draining with the Mine being so ridiculously stingy. Not fun.

gunder8
08-05-21, 05:23 PM
...Mine being so ridiculously stingy. Not fun.

I can?t get anything to drop from the mine, and from the looks of things in the market, neither can anyone else :(

HappyBunny09
08-05-21, 06:15 PM
the mine yet again NOT giving anything like you all at storm8 cares but this game has officially become ****.!! I got 200 points to get the chest and i got like 156 points from it than i left the game came back i only 200 points like i didn’t even get the chest..

Moissonor
08-07-21, 03:10 PM
New challenge
SHALL WE PLAY A GAME ?
It is
Get 25 controlers, get 25 consoles, get 250 cartridges for Piper.
Etc… for Morgan … for Lucas.

All that for a Wood plank , 200 coins and 3 experience points.

Have a good weekend

PS: I think that the message is simply continue to play for extra gifts.

KojiMama
08-08-21, 04:38 AM
What does the arcade token do? Does it just drop stuff for this event and isn’t an actual prize (like a pet)? If so lame. A lot of work for little reward.

judyandthecat
08-08-21, 08:57 AM
What does the arcade token do? Does it just drop stuff for this event and isn’t an actual prize (like a pet)? If so lame. A lot of work for little reward.

Has a two hour timer and drops Event items.

Moissonor
08-08-21, 02:10 PM
Has a two hour timer and drops Event items.
After the two hours, it become invisible. We have to remember location and click on it.

KojiMama
08-08-21, 02:18 PM
Wow. That’s a complete waste of time and people are using/buying gems for something that’s extremely temporary. That or constantly have to discard the junk piling up in their barns. We keep hearing from moderators that players are listened to. I clearly hear ‘no more monkeys’. Yet here we have more monkeys. Make the events shorter. That doesn’t change. Stop stuffing our barns with ****. I’ve got lots of **** from this event I can’t dump fast enough. Definition of insanity: keep running the same events the same way and expect players to be happy about it.

Ryiiann
08-08-21, 07:37 PM
At 30 Pixel Art but I still can't get a single Make Up Pig, Vlog Cow, or How To Chicken. What I keep getting is Vaporwave Scarecrow, Virtual Cat Trophy, Electronic Fountain, Map of the Internet, and Fossil Rock Path. :blue:

Ryiiann
08-08-21, 08:09 PM
the mine yet again NOT giving anything like you all at storm8 cares but this game has officially become ****.!! I got 200 points to get the chest and i got like 156 points from it than i left the game came back i only 200 points like i didn’t even get the chest..

I'm barely getting anything from the Mine too. It is really frustrating.

AstronomyDan
08-08-21, 11:29 PM
New challenge
SHALL WE PLAY A GAME ?
It is
Get 25 controlers, get 25 consoles, get 250 cartridges for Piper.
Etc… for Morgan … for Lucas.

All that for a Wood plank , 200 coins and 3 experience points.

Have a good weekend

PS: I think that the message is simply continue to play for extra gifts.

It used to be that we only had to get ONE of each until either the last event like this, or perhaps the event before that. It's ridiculous! Needing all these additional parts just for a single board is absurd (and quite frankly, darn-near impossible - and I play a lot and I won't even be close).

Oh, and we all know that S8 doesn't listen to us. Instead, they just keep insisting on making things less fun and enjoyable, and more repetition repetition repetition. (monkeys monkeys monkeys)! And this event is no different as KojiMama has pointed out where we simply can't unload all the **** fast enough and it becomes an angry fest to have to dump good stuff that we use in order to make the event successful. (oh, and the lack of listening isn't exclusive to just this game - they don't listen to others either, fyi).

Oh well... I guess we simply have to deal with it, no matter how frustrating it is. :(

Moissonor
08-09-21, 05:56 AM
Design problem
The Video game Monkey is not on the tile, it appears outside.

ExcalS8
08-09-21, 11:41 AM
After the two hours, it become invisible. We have to remember location and click on it.

Pushing a fix for this now.

Moissonor
08-09-21, 01:29 PM
pushing a fix for this now.

merci

Ryiiann
08-11-21, 01:39 AM
I guess it was only me who couldn't get Make Up Pig, Vlog Cow, or How To Chicken. :(