PDA

View Full Version : fashion critic

scpeach
04-25-11, 04:43 PM
:confused:I am a fashion designer I make clothes for a living I have some minor problems with your labeling system:

first and foremost when you order you order in dozens 10 dozen 56 dozen 100 dozen not in units not really that annoying but just a random point of interest.

So to get Started...
your studded pea coat is made out of wool the band on the wrists would not slouch in like that plus you wouldn't be able to get it over you wrists (other than that it is beautiful I want one :D)

Leather pants need zippers on the legs if you want them to fit the way they are drawn unless they are pleather in which case I feel for anyone who buys them ( I recommend throwing in large metal zippers up the front to give them not just the correct fit but also give the a difference between them the leggings and slacks,which by the way should not be skinny jeans they should fall away from the leg)

You would not wear Silk outside in the sun it is very hot and doesn't breathe Cotton or bamboo rayon on the other hand would be seen with khaki shorts or on a "morning stroll" although with that it is very expensive and would get ruined by the kinda of wear that it is inferring (sweat is a damage deal to silk and must be dry cleaned every time which puts more hardship on the garment) It is also hard to sew and not used as much they wouldn't be able to produce it quickly

Your button up Top doesn't in fact button up that was annoying, and you would be able to get over the head with the tiny opening you have if you did you would get makeup all over the collar. Recommend, giving it buttons down the front.

There is also a Top in the closet that isn't in the catalog it has ******s and a sweetheart line yoke, your ******s are straight diagonally on the bottom but follow the sweetheart line in the top....i feel like I shouldn't have to point out the impossibility on that.

My Big problem the reason I decided to make a post is the "Velvet" dress yes it is pretty but if you have ever felt velvet even the finest are thick, like really thick, it would never drape the way you have it drawn that being said you ought to relabel it jersey because it could in fact be made of a silk jersey knit (kinda of like your t-shirt but with a silk fiber):o

So all of that being said I do love your game and have other problems but I feel like this already sounds really annoyingly nit picky but they are minor changes that make a world of difference. To be perfectly honest if I were to make mistakes like those in my job I would get fired, I understand that y'all aren't making real clothes but it is a matter of pride in your work

one more thing the most annoying bit was my autocorrect messed up the name of my shop and I had to pay 5 gems to rename it

ahshan
04-25-11, 06:51 PM
Wow that's a lot of things. It's understandable that you have so many problems since you are a fashion designer (amaazziiiiinngg!)
I hadn't even noticed the little details to the clothes. Just the colour and style.
Although you make a lot of good points, TeamLava designs games and not clothes. They probably won't change these minor details since the pixel clothes are for fitting onto pixels humans.
You're too good for TeamLava! :P

TheFluffySlipper
04-27-11, 11:13 PM
You realise the clothes aren't real right? O.o

driftboutique
04-28-11, 09:14 AM
[GM edit, deleted quote]

I was trying to be delicate 

Besides, I really don't see what's so logistically impossible about the navy ******d shirt. It makes perfect sense to me, but I am a mere commoner.

Also, I always found silk to be light and lovely in hot weather, but now I see the error of my ways and will be stocking up on cable-knit silk sweaters for the winter 

GroupMagma
04-28-11, 09:46 AM
Please try to limit negative comments about each other in the forums.

I know some of these things would be difficult to implement due to resolution constraints, but there's definitely some valid feedback in your post, scpeach. Thanks for sharing! :)

driftboutique
04-28-11, 10:00 AM

Sorry! Although for what it's worth, my comment truly was about me, not about scpeach 

TheFluffySlipper
04-29-11, 02:02 AM

I know some of these things would be difficult to implement due to resolution constraints, but there's definitely some valid feedback in your post, scpeach. Thanks for sharing! :)

I still maintain my original opinion and don't really see how it was offensive, nor do I see the 'validity' of the OP considering as I said that the clothes weren't designed to be worn, but I'll respect the rules anyway, GM ... just for you! ;)