PDA

View Full Version : Earth Day Event - 2021 April 21

judyandthecat
04-21-21, 02:33 PM
An awesome Seagull!
Exotic or Regular Pet?
Time will Tell

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. To make recipes appear you have to do the goals.

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 8: Earth Day
It's Earth Day again and I think we should do some cleaning around here. Seems like the Seagulls are already doing their part!
Find 3 Trash Hot Dogs
These drop from the City Seagull that is popping up on the farm.
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 8: Earth Day
I really liked the hotdogs we ate in the city, the last time we went! I remember spilling the ketchup!
Make 5 Plane Deliveries
Get 1 Spilled Ketchup and Mustard - random drop planes
Buy 1 Hot Dog Cart from the Market
REWARDS; 200 coins, 3 experience points

Completing Goal 2 opens recipe in Deep Fryer

Goal 3 of 8: Earth Day
There a lot of food scraps around, we should make sure that we gather them up. We might even be able to compost them!
Use Spilled Ketchup and Mustard on Hot Dog Stand
Get 1 Bodega Sando from the Hot Dog Stand
Make 12 Brown Dirty Lunchbags in the Deep Fryer

Recipe: Brown Dirty Lunchbag
Deep Fryer - 15 minutes
3 Trash Hot Dogs
1 Bodega Sando

Completing Goal 3 opens White Dirty Lunchbag Recipe in the Bakery

Goal 4 of 8: Earth Day
Chips are my favourite snack. I really hate when I drop them though, but at least I can crunch them by jumping on them!
Get 10 Bacon
Get 1 Bag of Chips from pigs
Make 3 White Dirty Lunch Bags in Bakery
REWARDS: 200 coins, Chicken Serving Hot Dogs, 3 experience points

Recipe: White Dirty Lunchbags
Bakery - 30 minutes
6 Trash Hot Dogs
2 Bodega Sando
2 Bags of Chips
3 Apple Sugar

Completing Goal 4 opens recipe in Kitchen for Tan Dirty Lunchbag

Goal 5 of 8: Earth Day
I eat food
Get 1 Bread from the Bakery
Make 4 Tan Dirty Lunchbags in Kitchen
REWARDS: 200 coins. 3 experience points

Recipe: Tan Dirty Lunchbag
Kitchen - 1 hour
8 Trash Hot Dogs
3 Bodega Santo
3 Bag of Chips
1 Bread

Completing Goal 5 opens recipe in Kitchen for Yellow Dirty Lunchbags

Goal 6 of 8: Earth Day
I'm sure none of these food leftovers are yours, Lucas. Lend us a hand!
Collect from Maple Trees 5 times
Get 1 Street Taco Trash from Maple Trees
Make 3 Yellow Dirty Lunchbags in Kitchen

Recipe - Yellow Dirty Lunchbags
Kitchen - 1 Hour
12 Trash Hot Dogs
6 Bodega Santo
5 Bag of Chips
1 Street Taco Trash

Completing Goal 6 opens recipe in Studio for Green Dirty Lunchbag

Goal 7 of 8: Earth Day
What should we do with all these bags?
Get 1 Spilled Soda from Fishing
Get 1 Dropped Ice Cream from the mine
Get 1 Green Dirty Lunchbag made in Studio
Scroll all the way to the right to see item in Studio
REWARDS: 200 coins, City trash Can, 3 experience points

Recipe: Green Dirty Lunchbag
1 hour 30 minutes in Studio
10 Spilled Soda
18 Bags of Chips
4 Street Taco Trash
6 Dropped Ice Cream

Goal 8 of 8: Earth Day
We can take a lot of these food scraps and compost them, make it useful for the future!
Get 1 Compost Bag from Studio
Give 4 Compost Bags
Give 1 Green Dirty Lunchbag
REWARDS: 200 coins, Rat Eating Pizza, 3 experience points

Recipe: Compost Bags
2 Hours - in Studio
12 Brown Dirty Lunchbags
5 White Dirty Lunchbags
2 Tan Dirty Lunchbags
1 Yellow Dirty Lunchbags

Is the REWARD in GOAL 8 A PET?

Side Goal
Team Up, Clean Up
Looks like the Seagull is going to want to stay, let's make sure to give it enough space!
Visit 20 Community Farmers
Give 5 Compost Bags - made in Studio
Give 1 Green Dirty Lunchbag - made in Studio
REWARDS: 1000 coins, Seagull Pet, 30 experience points
Above Goal is for Seagull Pet

Guzzle It Up
Get a Chicken Serving Hot Dogs for a chance at Bodega Sando, Bag of Chips and Street Taco Trash!
Have Chicken Serving Hot Dogs - buy from Market - one time use

Don't Look Up
Want better chances at items from the City Seagull? Place the Seagull Sign on your Farm and you'll get boosted chances at Trash Hot Dog, Bodega Sando, Bag of Chips and Street Taco Trash.
Buy Seagull Sign from Market - 100 gems

Event Prizes
(Prize name)
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Chicken Serving Hot Dogs - 35 gems - 1 time use
Seagull Sign - 100 gems

judyandthecat
04-21-21, 02:33 PM
Saved for event information

Paul__
04-21-21, 02:53 PM
Looks like an Exotic Pet.

TwixAndScones
04-21-21, 02:55 PM
I'm only interested in the lamppost pet thing. I'll only be working towards getting that then anything else from this event.

The mouse? Or rat pizza thing from this event reminds me of the rat climbing down** with pizza in it's mouth. "New York City rat taking pizza home on the subway"

Don't know if it's in reference towards that. But they (Storm8) have been doing lots of references lately, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, I'm only interest in the lamppost thing and the Modern Art Statue, maybe the Seaguil sign as well. Debating if should spend money right now or if I should wait until I get another card. I only have 19 dollars on my iTunes account right now, and that wouldn't be enough to grab 6 signs and the statue. Will probably update my music*** playlist with new songs and wait to buy stuff on the game, so that I can buy everything I want at once.

judyandthecat
04-21-21, 03:38 PM
I'm only interested in the lamppost pet thing. I'll only be working towards getting that then anything else from this event.

The mouse? Or rat pizza thing from this event reminds me of the rat climbing up with pizza in it's mouth. "New York City rat taking pizza home on the subway"

Don't know if it's in reference towards that. But they (Storm8) have been doing lots of references lately, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, I'm only interest in the lamppost thing and the Modern Art Statue, maybe the Seaguil sign as well. Debating if should spend money right now or if I should wait until I get another card. I only have 19 dollars on my iTunes account right now, and that wouldn't be enough to grab 6 signs and the statue. Will probably update my TS playlist with new songs and wait to buy stuff on the game, so that I can buy everything I want at once.

THE seagull sitting on the lamp post I think is the Exotic Pet

grandpadon
04-21-21, 05:35 PM
I?ve sent about 15 deliveries and no ketchup What?s up.

Moissonor
04-21-21, 05:38 PM
Goal 2
See Thread 1

Moissonor
04-21-21, 05:39 PM
Goal 3
See Thread #1

judyandthecat
04-21-21, 06:05 PM
Start making Apple Sugar you need it for the recipe in Goal 4

racrgrl
04-21-21, 08:39 PM
I haven't seen a single seagull. Am I missing something?

Lapetshop7
04-21-21, 08:51 PM
Glad I didn't buy the chicken serving hot dogs and waited to see if it was being offered as a prize. Thanks storm8 for offering this as a prize! Now I can save those gems for something else!!

Lapetshop7
04-21-21, 08:53 PM
Wonder what prize, if any that goal 8 will offer especially since the seagull is being offered on a side goal..

linborg
04-21-21, 09:19 PM
It costs 500 gems for the hot dog stand! If you don?t buy it you can not proceed?? I bought the 35 gem stand and it?s a one use only buy. I can?t afford buying gems!

Paul__
04-21-21, 09:20 PM
It costs 500 gems for the hot dog stand! If you don?t buy it you can not proceed?? I bought the 35 gem stand and it?s a one use only buy. I can?t afford buying gems!

Are you sure that your game is showing that it costs 500 gems? Mine costs 500 coins. Try restarting you game and let me know if you still see that price.

TwixAndScones
04-21-21, 11:15 PM
I decided to use a bit of my remaining iTunes money (though not all) and got two signs and two statues.

I'm debating if I should just stick with the two signs or if I should buy more, when I do get another card or if just fully spend that all on songs, like I was going to do before today. Options options! Though either way, I am satisfied with just the two signs right now. I wouldn't have an area for more than maybe 1 more, if even that.

Anyway, paired the signs with my beehive

And the statues next to my monkey,

However, it's not a bad pairing/
match next to the Lantern Tree.

Very cool.

Hanja49
04-22-21, 07:49 AM

Same here, no seagull for the whole day! Bought the items in the shop, there are a lot in there!

Did receive 1 spoiled ketchup and mayo out of 12 deliveries. How is that possible?

Fairyreserve
04-22-21, 10:01 AM

He's really hard to see, but he's showing up. Cuz it's a very skinny pole and he's not animated he's very missable. Put path squares in all your hidden areas beside and behind buildings so he doesn't go there.

ExcalS8
04-22-21, 11:19 AM
I pushed out an update just now which replaces the static animation for the tappable City Seagull with one where he flies around the post. That should make him easier to see.

judyandthecat
04-22-21, 11:34 AM
I pushed out an update just now which replaces the static animation for the tappable City Seagull with one where he flies around the post. That should make him easier to see.

I just signed on and I see the Seagull flying over the post. Now he will be easier to see. Thank You.

Fairyreserve
04-22-21, 12:06 PM

Very cool, thank you!

judyandthecat
04-22-21, 12:55 PM
Heads Up!
There are two major prizes to go for.
A Seagull and/or a Rat eating pizza.
Decide what you want before you start giving in case you don't have time to do both!

Team Up, Clean Up
Looks like the Seagull is going to want to stay, let's make sure to give it enough space!

Goal 8
We can take a lot of these food scraps and compost them, make it useful for the future!
Give 4 Compost Bags

Lapetshop7
04-22-21, 01:10 PM
Are they both exotic? Or maybe the seagull is exotic and the rat is a regular pet?!

Heads Up!
There are two major prizes to go for.
A Seagull and/or a Rat eating pizza.
Decide what you want before you start giving in case you don't have time to do both!

Team Up, Clean Up

Goal 8
Give 4 Compost Bags

Paul__
04-22-21, 01:11 PM
Are they both exotic? Or maybe the seagull is exotic and the rat is a regular pet?!

The Rat Eating Pizza is a regular decoration.

Lapetshop7
04-22-21, 01:15 PM
Thanks for letting me know.. not going to try for it then since it's just a decoration..
The Rat Eating Pizza is a regular decoration.

Fairyreserve
04-22-21, 02:12 PM
Thanks for letting me know.. not going to try for it then since it's just a decoration..

Yeah, that's alot of resources for a decoration.

judyandthecat
04-22-21, 03:12 PM
I too was hoping the rat eating pizza was a pet. Started giving my items to the Seagull goal now.
If my pigs are kind and I have found a lot of items in the newspaper then I will go for the decoration!

TwixAndScones
04-22-21, 03:16 PM
... :( I just used some of my gems I had extra from yesterday to speed up the bag process and accidentally spent/used the bag on the mouse (or rat). Meant to spend it on and for the Lampost pet. Didn't care to even get pizza thing before, but now I wasted over 10 gems just to even get the bag. Might as well get the pizza rat/mouse decor now, so it's not a waste of them gems + that bag.

Hanja49
04-23-21, 03:32 AM
I did sent 32 deliveries, got 1 ketchup and mustard. How is that possible! :(

TwixAndScones
04-23-21, 11:02 AM
Got the "City Seagul" last night, and I'm not seriously impressed with the sizing, though to be fair, it could be worse.

It's about the same size as the Narwhal, for reference.

Anyway, I'm going to wait to get the pizza rat thing, I'm not rushing to get it just yet.

RoyalBlue305
04-23-21, 12:44 PM
I did sent 32 deliveries, got 1 ketchup and mustard. How is that possible! :( I’m having the same issue. Delivery after delivery and I’m only getting saws and old expansion parts.

Lapetshop7
04-23-21, 06:05 PM
I just completed goal 4. Got the chicken hot dog stand decoration I wanted. Now I'm done with this event..going to craft and make money to expand more since me expanding is much more needed than a exotic pet I don't have room for nor want to work nonstop to get.. anyways good luck to everyone else on the rest of the event!

gdr4gon
04-23-21, 11:13 PM
How do we get to the chicken in the bench?

Lapetshop7
04-24-21, 06:32 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but I think it's just a part of the picture and not being offered as a prize. It seems like they have added something extra on other pictures of events before but wasn't offered as a prize.

How do we get to the chicken in the bench?

judyandthecat
04-24-21, 07:21 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but I think it's just a part of the picture and not being offered as a prize. It seems like they have added something extra on other pictures of events before but wasn't offered as a prize.

Sometimes on Sunday night there is an event for an expansion item or sometimes a prize ..so perhaps.

TheJenny007
04-24-21, 12:46 PM
I have a question about the other event .. the one with the bags. How do we find the bags needed to create the green one in the Studio??? I couldn?t find a forum for it. Sorry ... can anyone help???

judyandthecat
04-24-21, 02:01 PM
I have a question about the other event .. the one with the bags. How do we find the bags needed to create the green one in the Studio??? I couldn?t find a forum for it. Sorry ... can anyone help???

Go to post one on this thread.
You have to make the bags.

TheJenny007
04-24-21, 07:59 PM

I saw the post at the very beginning of this thread but didn?t see how to make them.. Where to get the ingredients. Maybe I?m looking in the wrong area? 🤔

TheJenny007
04-24-21, 08:02 PM

Just found them under the goals! Thanks!

linborg
04-25-21, 11:03 AM
I can not for the life of me get any potato chip bags! Those cows only give me milk, milk and more milk!

Fairyreserve
04-25-21, 11:22 AM
I can not for the life of me get any potato chip bags! Those cows only give me milk, milk and more milk!

Well, that's probably cuz the chip bags come from the chickens. :-)

PIGS! not chickens. Ugh!

judyandthecat
04-25-21, 12:57 PM

I am high level my bag of chips come from the pigs.

linborg
04-25-21, 02:25 PM
Well, darn, two days wasted trying to get chips from cows. Chips are from pigs!!! Jeeeeez!

caterpilar88
04-25-21, 05:53 PM
Yea , chip from pigs 12 pigs give 1 chip, omg, i give up, too much work for little decor. Good luck to u all!

Fairyreserve
04-25-21, 09:54 PM

PIGS! I meant pigs! I have to stop posting when I'm half asleep!

TwixAndScones
04-26-21, 09:16 PM
I might will buy more seagull signs, as the beehive cake that I previously had in the circle area in this picture no longer fits there.

The cake was a 2x2 and I only have an area of 1x2 on either side now, the signs would help. I didn't have plans to initially buy more, but now I may need to. I will see what the sale brings first before doing so, before buying more, but I don't know what else I could put there.

Anyway, I finally got the Rat Pizza, it is a decoration but what a missed opportunity to have it be a regular pet!

It's very small (the pizza rat) but luckily I never had plans of taking it out. Rats are interesting creatures but they discuss me.

Fairyreserve
04-26-21, 10:01 PM
Don't know how anyone is gonna be able to make FIVE compost bags without spending alot of gems. Soooo... I'm probably out. Poop. I liked the seagull.

JustKay
04-27-21, 12:30 AM
Anyway, I finally got the Rat Pizza, it is a decoration but what a missed opportunity to have it be a regular pet!

It's very small (the pizza rat) but luckily I never had plans of taking it out. Rats are interesting creatures but they discuss me.

Congrats! I?m sure it was a lot of work for u too. I just got it myself thanks to a lot of shopping in the market. I have the seagull already too so am done with this event. Had to juggle my barn space a lot, with all the older expansion parts coming into the market to make way for the new expansion parts released. I think I collected enough for my next two expansions!

I agree that this could have been a cool exotic pet. You?d be literally giving this rat his pizza.

Good luck to all the other players working toward these prizes!

orca1006
04-27-21, 08:51 AM
Don't know how anyone is gonna be able to make FIVE compost bags without spending alot of gems. Soooo... I'm probably out. Poop. I liked the seagull.

spend a lot of time searching the market and neighbor shops. but yes, it takes a lot of time...

Fairyreserve
04-27-21, 06:18 PM
spend a lot of time searching the market and neighbor shops. but yes, it takes a lot of time...

Yeah, I'm doing laot of that, but selling the sand makes no monetary sense cuz it costs 500 to acquire it, sells for 175. So it's a losing proposition, an di have to just wait for ppl to unwisely sell them, or if they've given up and are now dumping them. Very rarely a tap of the lamppost gets u one too, so that's worth selling. I keep searching.

NElove6
04-29-21, 05:41 AM
I made a green recycling bag in the studio(took a lot of resources!!) and it disappeared . Frustrating!!

judyandthecat
04-29-21, 08:41 AM
I made a green recycling bag in the studio(took a lot of resources!!) and it disappeared . Frustrating!!

It is there but it is invisible does not go to your barn.
When you decide which goal you are going for...you can give it.
Two different goals in your to do list.
One is for the exotic Seagull pet and the other is for the mouse eating pizza decoration.
So decide before you give because you can't undo your decision.

emi80
04-29-21, 01:44 PM
It is there but it is invisible does not go to your barn.
When you decide which goal you are going for...you can give it.
Two different goals in your to do list.
One is for the exotic Seagull pet and the other is for the mouse eating pizza decoration.
So decide before you give because you can't undo your decision.

I completed goal5 of 8 in Earth Day and since reading this post decided to go for the Seagull goal instead of finishing the 8 part goal. I am at the last step to make Dirty Green Lunchbag, but it does not appear in my Studio where it is suppose to be...HELP Please.
I do not need to complete the 8 part Earth Day goal for it to appear, do I? I have made plenty of the Yellw Lunch Bag but seems the EarthDay goal does not recognize that in part 6 of 8
Thanks

Paul__
04-29-21, 03:05 PM
Has anyone seen this decoration in their game? It was on the pop up but I haven't seen it in the goal or the market. Has anyone won the prize from the side goal?

https://i.imgur.com/aALD90o.png

judyandthecat
04-29-21, 04:05 PM
I completed goal5 of 8 in Earth Day and since reading this post decided to go for the Seagull goal instead of finishing the 8 part goal. I am at the last step to make Dirty Green Lunchbag, but it does not appear in my Studio where it is suppose to be...HELP Please.
I do not need to complete the 8 part Earth Day goal for it to appear, do I? I have made plenty of the Yellw Lunch Bag but seems the EarthDay goal does not recognize that in part 6 of 8
Thanks
You have to finish GOAL 6 for the Dirty green Lunchbag recipe to appear in the Stucio.
Then scroll all the way to the right as far as you can go and you will see it.

Do NOT USE the dirty yellow lunch bags until the goal completes.

TwixAndScones
04-29-21, 11:27 PM
Has anyone seen this decoration in their game? It was on the pop up but I haven't seen it in the goal or the market. Has anyone won the prize from the side goal?

Since no one knows yet, or hasn't posted about what prize you get, I decided to participate in it.

I am on part 5/6 right now and will be for a bit, unless I can find egg noodles in the market. If someone hasn't said what it is (the end prize) by the time I reach that point, I'll let you know. I do think it's just expansion papers or tools to help around the farm, but we'll see eventually.

orca1006
04-30-21, 02:30 AM
Since no one knows yet, or hasn't posted about what prize you get, I decided to participate in it.

I am on part 5/6 right now and will be for a bit, unless I can find egg noodles in the market. If someone hasn't said what it is (the end prize) by the time I reach that point, I'll let you know. I do think it's just expansion papers or tools to help around the farm, but we'll see eventually.

thanks for doing this!!! i just found some egg noodles for you, i’ll go add you and leave them in my shop :)

TwixAndScones
04-30-21, 10:18 AM
thanks for doing this!!! i just found some egg noodles for you, i’ll go add you and leave them in my shop :)

Thank you, I believe I got them from you. :) Anyway, unfortunately no chicken on a bench. It's just 1 expansion permit.

orca1006
04-30-21, 10:45 AM
Thank you, I believe I got them from you. :) Anyway, unfortunately no chicken on a bench. It's just 1 expansion permit.

yes :) thank you so much for doing this again!!! 1 old permit is very sad...:(

so where is this chicken on bench ?!?!?! dear s8 team, SOS :)

Moissonor
04-30-21, 11:19 AM
Is it possible that food for Seagull pet is impossible to obtain from Newletter stand or to sell it (invisible to others) ?
Is the only way to obtain that food is to make it?
Merci

judyandthecat
04-30-21, 11:43 AM
Is it possible that food for Seagull pet is impossible to obtain from Newletter stand or to sell it (invisible to others) ?
Is the only way to obtain that food is to make it?
Merci

You have to make it.
Invisible to others in store so only bots buy it.

ExcalS8
04-30-21, 02:08 PM

The City Park Bench will be available in the market from today (20 minutes from this post) until the end of the Earth Day event. Leave him alone and he feeds the pigeons, tap him and he feeds himself. Love it.

griffithpack
04-30-21, 04:23 PM
This is beyond ridiculous and frustrating. I keep making the required bags - needed one more white one to make the green one - suddenly I need 2! Why and how can they disappear? There’s no way to finish when all I’m doing is going backwards!

Lapetshop7
04-30-21, 04:53 PM
How cute!!

The City Park Bench will be available in the market from today (20 minutes from this post) until the end of the Earth Day event. Leave him alone and he feeds the pigeons, tap him and he feeds himself. Love it.

judyandthecat
04-30-21, 05:04 PM
This is beyond ridiculous and frustrating. I keep making the required bags - needed one more white one to make the green one - suddenly I need 2! Why and how can they disappear? There’s no way to finish when all I’m doing is going backwards!

You need to finish each goal before using Bags.
If you use the white bag in the studio it will be removed from the goal.
Look at goal you are o and finish it completely before making anything.
Are you trying to finish a goal?

Fairyreserve
05-01-21, 01:52 AM

Clever! That's a good purchase for me!

griffithpack
05-02-21, 08:38 AM
You need to finish each goal before using Bags.
If you use the white bag in the studio it will be removed from the goal.
Look at goal you are o and finish it completely before making anything.
Are you trying to finish a goal?

Yes, I was trying to finish a goal - thus my post. When it said I needed 1 more white bag, I made one more, only to make it and have the number of bags needed change to two. I learned a long time ago to never make things ahead! Not the first time goals have changed and items I?ve made have disappeared. Having played the game for 6 3/4 years, I?m pretty familiar with how it works. I was one of those people who stuck it out when times were tough, remaining at level 60 - which used to be the highest level - and woke up one day to being at a much higher level. Now I?ve been at level 100 for years even though there are no higher levels to achieve. I?m just frustrated that these problems occur. Thanks for your response - I was just venting😉