PDA

View Full Version : # of cash registers vs selling rate

charmschool
04-24-11, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know if adding more cash registers affect the rate of sales?
I know that in other games it was purely for decoration but I want to know if it makes a difference in FS.

Thanks!

TheFluffySlipper
04-27-11, 11:06 PM
I was hoping someone would have an answer for this. Anyone with more than one cash register willing to experiment for us? Please?

RageofMars
04-28-11, 11:25 AM
It's my assumption that the number of cash registers does not affect sales rate. I only have one register, and no matter how many customers flock to it, they all leave happily after making the purchase. Also, they don't all take turns waiting, sometimes a handful of them gets ringed up at the same time.

On that note, I noticed that whenever an item sales, the rack/shelf will have a +2 coin (or +5 coin, with new clothes added now) pop up from it. This also shows that the sales made are in direct coloration with the rack and not the register.

Though the 2nd register doesn't increase sales rate, it is fully functionally if placed in the flow of shopper traffic. See more at Thread: Cashier (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?10767-Cashier).

TheFluffySlipper
04-29-11, 01:35 AM
My feeling is that it wouldn't either, Rage, but considering they are fully functional I thought it may have a bearing. Especially if, as I've seen in some boutiques, there are 6 or more registers. I suppose it would come down to the limit allowed within the store at one time, though. If it's maxed out then having more registers won't bring about more traffic.