PDA

View Full Version : Cereal Kappa Leaderboard - 2021 March 24

judyandthecat
03-24-21, 02:47 PM
And a lovely Cereal Slime as a Leaderboard prize.

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

How to earn Leaderboard Points
OLOR=#0099FF]How to earn Leaderboard Points[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Cereal Fountain - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Collect from your Hot Water Boiler - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 3 points
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Cereal Fountain - 125 gems

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
? points - prize name (description)
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: 5 Darts
800: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1125: Cereal Sign
1350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1625: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1900: Cereal Fountain (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
2175: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2450: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2725: Cereal Ducklings
3000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
3225: Cereal Slime

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st place: Gold Winner - Cereal Kappa and Gold Trophy
2nd place: Cereal Kappa and Silver Trophy
3rd place: Bronze Trophy, Cereal Pig, 10 Expansion Permits
4th - 6th places: 10,000 coins, Cereal Pig, 5 Expansion Permits
7th - 12th places: 7500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
Consolation: 5000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

TwixAndScones
03-24-21, 02:50 PM
Don't care for anything besides the Kappa, and that's if it's an exotic pet. Reminds me of my old ID, miss them days.

caterpilar88
03-24-21, 08:17 PM
What that kappa do? Like? Turtle? Confused if i like it, n work for it,

TwixAndScones
03-24-21, 09:50 PM

I looked it up, and it seems it comes from Japanese mythology/folklore. I just thought it was a name at first, until you had me curious, looking up what it might be.

I think it might be an exotic pet, my reason being I cannot imaging a regular pet walking about whilst holding a spoon in one hand. Especially a spoon that looks that big. Or maybe that's just me hoping. Anyway, that is pure speculation on my end, as we won't know for certain until someone from Storm8 will say what type of pet this kappa is - a regular or a exotic, if they ever do.

caterpilar88
03-25-21, 08:11 AM
Ohh well my group 4k already im only 1k plaze 4 😂 lol

JustKay
03-26-21, 01:55 PM

Don't quote me but I think it's an evil Japanese creature that tricks people and pulls them into water. The water in the bowl in the top of their head is their weak spot, so I guess in this case to defeat this one you have to eat some soggy cereal.

I looked it up, and it seems it comes from Japanese mythology/folklore. I just thought it was a name at first, until you had me curious, looking up what it might be.

I think it might be an exotic pet, my reason being I cannot imaging a regular pet walking about whilst holding a spoon in one hand. Especially a spoon that looks that big. Or maybe that's just me hoping. Anyway, that is pure speculation on my end, as we won't know for certain until someone from Storm8 will say what type of pet this kappa is - a regular or a exotic, if they ever do.

It's about the size of the usual humanoid/gnomoid/faeoid pet, but if guess it could be like the the exotic pet monkeys too. Hoping it's not an exotic pet, as it's too weird for me to put out (and never be able to put away)

TwixAndScones
03-26-21, 10:08 PM
I haven't been able to fill up a bus order for almost a day now, because of it needing something I didn't have. So in replace of, I've been sending 16 planes out every 4 hours.

I'll be using two 7 gem boosts later on, using them to there full potental/usage. So that I can have better chances of getting Kappa. But I'll wait a bit to do so, since about 10 players in my leaderboard haven't gotten there rocket boosts.

Something I've noticed though, is that players who don't rush getting this or that in leaderboards actually get higher rocket boosts. Though the players who do get them massive boosts don't really care to stay there (in the top spots) or at least don't make an effort in doing so. But either way, maybe I should just take my time instead of rushing. Maybe then would I get a massive rocket boost without needing to do so much, like I am now - since I rushed for this particular leaderboard and didn't get that high boost.

TwixAndScones
03-26-21, 10:22 PM
It's about the size of the usual humanoid/gnomoid/faeoid pet, but if guess it could be like the the exotic pet monkeys too. Hoping it's not an exotic pet, as it's too weird for me to put out (and never be able to put away)

Yeah, that makes sense.

I just don't know where that spoon would go while the pet is resting, in the case it is indeed a regular pet.

I'm probably just over compensating for it, and in my case, hoping it's an exotic. But you're probably right.

Natasha_07
03-26-21, 11:38 PM
I can't help but think of 'Kappa Mikey' with this. :)

rustybiffo
03-27-21, 03:51 PM
I have completed the final milestone on the leaderboard and have got the cereal slime!

I wasn’t bothered about completing the milestones as I have no room in the Gnome gathering or the Meteorite for it ..... but on the info it says it can go on the Vaporwave Island .... so I am glad I have completed it now!

Thank you Storm 8 ..... I thought it was going to have to stay in storage!

TwixAndScones
03-29-21, 02:01 PM
Interesting...

(With Android, Samsung)

(With IOS, Apple)

So much for that pairing... ;,) though I do get since android doesn't get leaderboard events, it won't look the same transferred over.

Anyway, I'm doing quite well in this particular leaderboard. I just hope it's worth it (for me) in the end.

ExcalS8
03-29-21, 04:45 PM
Interesting...

(With Android, Samsung)

(With IOS, Apple)

So much for that pairing... ;,) though I do get since android doesn't get leaderboard events, it won't look the same transferred over.

Anyway, I'm doing quite well in this particular leaderboard. I just hope it's worth it (for me) in the end.

Unrelated. The wrong asset simply existed for Android. I replaced it and executed a cache flush to get rid of the old image, but it's possible you may need to clear local storage (Settings > Apps > Farm Story 2 > Storage & Cache > Clear Storage) to see the updated image. There should be no difference in item appearance between iOS and Android. Thanks for posting the screenshots, that really helped narrow it down!

TwixAndScones
03-30-21, 12:53 AM
I am stopping all efforts to earn/get Kappa. I hope the players in 2nd and 3rd overtake me, so that I fall to a 4-20th spot in this leaderboard. I would be more content with earning the coins, maybe the pig decoration thing - more than the Kappa, if at all possible now.

Hoping next leaderboard includes an exotic next time, since this particular one didn't.

JustKay
03-30-21, 11:22 PM
Yay, the Cereal kappa is a normal pet. Strange it can go in the sugar glider habitat... but I guess cereal is full of sugar. Might stick it in the mythical island or the jungle falls instead.

JustKay
03-31-21, 04:58 AM
Seems like the animations on the kappa are a bit lacking. He just stands there when he?s ready to be collected from. When u tap him he just glitches to a spot a random distance in front of him

Paul__
03-31-21, 10:41 AM
I like that the Kappa is a regular pet and has a unique animation style. Most of the newer pets in the last few months just used previous animation styles.

just4thefun
03-31-21, 12:57 PM
Seems like the animations on the kappa are a bit lacking. He just stands there when he?s ready to be collected from. When u tap him he just glitches to a spot a random distance in front of him
I wonder if it would help if you restarted the game? I?m not having the same issue with the kappa. He jumps up and down when ready for collection.

ExcalS8
03-31-21, 03:50 PM
I wonder if it would help if you restarted the game? I?m not having the same issue with the kappa. He jumps up and down when ready for collection.

I released a fix this morning to fill in some missing "ready" animations for the Grassy Mouse, Spring Kangaroo, and Cereal Kappa. I'll continue to monitor, but it sounds like it's fixed for people now, to my relief!

JustKay
03-31-21, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try. Maybe clear cached game data too. Thanks S8 for the quick fixes to the animations!