PDA

View Full Version : Oyster Festival Event - 2021 February 24

judyandthecat
02-24-21, 03:35 PM
A Beautiful Dolphin!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248486&viewfull=1#post1248486

Collection Items
Day 1 - send planes
Day 2 - Bed and Breakfast
Day 3 - Pigs
Day 4 - Windmill
Day 5 - The Mine
Day 6 - Passion Fruit Vines
Day 7 - Farmer's Outpost
Day 8 - Fishing
Day 9 - Apple Trees
Day 10 - Studio

Event Prizes
Collect Them All!
Can you get all of the prizes from the Collections Gallery? I've got a prize for you if you can!
Dolphin - Exotic Pet
Fisherman Pig
Scuba Sheep
Mermaid Chicken
Anchor
Treasure Map
Shell Throne
Shell Display
Shell Treasure
Nautical Boat
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points

Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Oyster Boat - 175 gems
Oyster Bait - 19 gems

Goals (if any)
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 11: Oyster Festival
I've been craving oysters lately, do you think we should have an oyster festival? It might be fun shucking a bucket of oysters!
Make 5 Plane Deliveries
Get 3 Oyster Shuckers - Random Drop from planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 11: Oyster Festival
Eww, oysters? I've never had them, but they don't look good.
Buy 1 Oyster Shucking from the Market
Get 3 Well Fleet Oysters (Collected from the Oyster Shucking)

Goal 3 of 11: Oyster Festival
Oysters are delicious! Each type has such a different flavour and texture. I can eat them by the plateful!
Get 3 Shigoku Oysters from the Bed and Breakfast

Goal 4 of 11: Oyster Festival
These are just squishy sea water.
Get 3 Beausoleil Oysters from pigs

Goal 5 of 11: Oyster Festival
There's so much you can do with oysters! You can bake them fry them, stew them. You can even have them on the half-shell!
Get 3 Blue Point Oysters from Windmill

Goal 6 of 11: Oyster Festival
Fried oysters don't sound too bad. Maybe they'll be like chicken nuggets.
Get 3 Eastern Oysters from the Mine

Goal 7 of 11: Oyster Festival
I'm still not convinced I'll like these. Lucas, do you like oysters?
Get 3 Sydney Rock Oysters from the Passion Fruit Vines

Goal 8 of 11: Oyster Festival
I like 'em, barbecued, with bacon.
Get 3 Windy Point Oysters from the Farmer's Outpost

Goal 9 of 11: Oyster Festival
Get 3 Kumamoto Oysters from fishing

Goal 10 of 11: Oyster Festival
Get 3 Belon Oysters from Apple Trees

Goal 11 of 11: Oyster Festival
Get 3 Pacific Oysters from Studio

Side Goal (optional)
On The Half Shell
If you turn in enough Oyster Festival items to the Collections Gallery! I've got a new special friend for you!
Turn in 5 Dolphin Collections
REWARDS: 200 coins, exotic pet, 3 experience points

Goal 1 of 2: How Many Can You Shuck?
This cow is gearing up for a speed shucking contest!
Buy Shucking Cow from the Market
Make 1 Plane Delivery
Get 5 Oyster Shuckers - random drop planes

Goal 1 of 2: How To Dredge
Missing some items? Turn your extra Oyster Festival items into other items. You can make what you need for the Oyster Collection!
Buy the Oyster Boat from the Market - 175 gems

judyandthecat
02-24-21, 03:35 PM
Things To Remember!
1. New Goals appear at 5:30 pm Eastern Time
2. Drops are random
3. Buy the Oyster Boat if you can.
This boost item allows you to take an event item and turn it into a different event item.
4. No one knows what machine or tree is going to give the new day's event item.
Be ready. Make sure trees, animals and machines are ready for collection at release time.
5. Have a question? Ask? We have some very experienced farmers with answers.

Paul__
02-24-21, 03:37 PM
I didn’t get a pop up either. There are exotic pets instead of regular pets for this event too. Is there anyway we can get the ability to store these exotic pets?

judyandthecat
02-24-21, 03:50 PM
I didn’t get a pop up either. There are exotic pets instead of regular pets for this event too. Is there anyway we can get the ability to store these exotic pets?

I have made a request for storage so here is hoping in the future it can happen.

TwixAndScones
02-24-21, 03:57 PM
I'm more worried about the sizing... The dolphin I would absolutely love to get if it's say like the size of a seahorse. The last two exotic pets, the Swan Love and the Mardi Gras Lobster, have been very small and even harder to see.

But either way, I'm not spending extra money into this event. Last time I did to try and get the Hot Chocolate Snowman and didn't succeed.

The animal after you turn in 4/5 collections is weird, looks like some sort of fish in a seashell or something. Interesting to say the least.

The rest of the prizes aside from the Treasure Map and the Dolphin don't interest me, personally. I actually wish the dolphin was at the end of turning in 4-5 collections, as I would for certain get it.

Paul__
02-24-21, 03:58 PM
I have made a request for storage so here is hoping in the future it can happen.

Thanks Judy you are the best!

RoyalBlue305
02-24-21, 05:44 PM
I think the Dolphin looks amazing but like Twix, I hope it is bigger like the seahorses. The tiny little Mardi Gras Lobster is cute but too tiny for my liking and eyes!

Also Team if we could have the Seahorses be animated all the time like the wonderful flytrap flowers. I rarely collect from the Seahorses since once you do, they go to sleep until you feed and then until they wake up. Wish they were always moving. They are some of my favorite items! Thank you.

ExcalS8
02-24-21, 06:06 PM
Fixed an issue where the popup and event icon weren't showing up. Future logins should see them.

Fairyreserve
02-24-21, 10:12 PM
Fixed an issue where the popup and event icon weren't showing up. Future logins should see them.

Thank you! And I would buy you a mocha if we can PLEASE store exotic pets. Androids too.

segelj
02-24-21, 10:38 PM
I can’t get rid of the oyster shuckers. I’m trying to unload them through the newspaper and it won’t let me get rid of them.
I’m not interested in this event, but since I am still sending lots of plane orders to fill goals in the Full of Love Event, I don?t want these piling up in my barn.

I already had to purchase several oyster shucking tables at 2,000 coins each, just to get rid of the shuckers. I don’t like wasting coins though.
Can anything be done?

Paul__
02-24-21, 11:22 PM
I can’t get rid of the oyster shuckers. I’m trying to unload them through the newspaper and it won’t let me get rid of them.
I’m not interested in this event, but since I am still sending lots of plane orders to fill goals in the Full of Love Event, I don?t want these piling up in my barn.

I already had to purchase several oyster shucking tables at 2,000 coins each, just to get rid of the shuckers. I don’t like wasting coins though.
Can anything be done?

Looks like there is a bug that doesn’t allow you to sell the item. Whenever you click on the “Sell” button it does nothing. I think the issue is with the maximum price. Hopefully Judy can report this for us when she gets on either tonight or tomorrow morning.

judyandthecat
02-25-21, 12:03 AM
I have reported the Oyster Shuckers not being able to be sold or dumped.

Debbyart
02-25-21, 06:41 AM
This is happening to me too and I don?t have the money to spend 2000 to get rid of 1 item in my barn. PLEASE FIX ASAP
I can?t get rid of the oyster shuckers. I?m trying to unload them through the newspaper and it won?t let me get rid of them.
I?m not interested in this event, but since I am still sending lots of plane orders to fill goals in the Full of Love Event, I don?t want these piling up in my barn.

I already had to purchase several oyster shucking tables at 2,000 coins each, just to get rid of the shuckers. I don?t like wasting coins though.
Can anything be done?

Debbyart
02-25-21, 06:42 AM
Thank you Judy. Will they do an update or will it just get fixed?

judyandthecat
02-25-21, 07:51 AM
Thank you Judy. Will they do an update or will it just get fixed?

They will suddenly start being able to be sold

LexieeB
02-25-21, 10:48 AM
I can?t get rid of the oyster shuckers. I?m trying to unload them through the newspaper and it won?t let me get rid of them.
I?m not interested in this event, but since I am still sending lots of plane orders to fill goals in the Full of Love Event, I don?t want these piling up in my barn.

I already had to purchase several oyster shucking tables at 2,000 coins each, just to get rid of the shuckers. I don?t like wasting coins though.
Can anything be done?

SAMEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not have said it better myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuckleTown
02-25-21, 11:01 AM

Can anything be done?
Same, my storage is filling up with un sellable oyster shuckers. I do not want to participate and will not use my coins to buy something that will give me yet more items I won't use and won't be able to sell for $2000.

ExcalS8
02-25-21, 12:05 PM
Oyster Shuckers can now be sold in the Market (they can't be bought, however). This should help clear up inventory space.

Fairyreserve
02-25-21, 12:34 PM
Oyster Shuckers can now be sold in the Market (they can't be bought, however). This should help clear up inventory space.

How 'bout two mochas?

segelj
02-25-21, 01:36 PM

Wonderful, thanks!!

TwixAndScones
02-25-21, 01:37 PM

Thanks for making them non-sellable as well. Because of that, they won't constantly be cluttering up the newspaper. Which helps in my quest to better find the stuff/items I need without having to see nothing but them.

judyandthecat
02-25-21, 03:33 PM
Goal 3
Get 3 Shigoku Oysters from the Bed and Breakfast
This is a random drop

judyandthecat
02-26-21, 03:32 PM
Goal 4
Get 3 Beausoleil Oysters from pigs

KojiMama
02-26-21, 05:43 PM
The coin toss ad that runs when you’re trying to send deliveries doesn’t allow an exit after five seconds. For people who are spending gems on boosts and are high level, those extra seconds eat up precious boost time. It’s a ferociously ugly ad as well. Can we get rid of it please?

judyandthecat
02-27-21, 03:31 PM
Goal 5
Get 3 Blue Point Oysters from Windmill

TwixAndScones
02-27-21, 10:44 PM
Wow! Colour me shocked. I am surprised it didn't take long for me to gather 6 of the oysters from the windmill. In previous events like this, it took me forever just to gather 4. But not with this one! It took not even more than 5 hours to get 6.

judyandthecat
02-28-21, 03:35 PM
Goal 6
Get 3 Eastern Oysters from the mine

judyandthecat
03-01-21, 03:33 PM
Goal 7
Get 3 Sydney Rock Oysters from the Passion Fruit Vines

judyandthecat
03-02-21, 03:32 PM
Goal 8
Get 3 Windy Point Oysters from the Farmer's Outpost

judyandthecat
03-03-21, 03:33 PM
Goal 9
Get 3 Kumamoto Oysters from fishing

OYSTER BOAT IS ON SALE

This boat will help you make Event Items that are hard to get.
You use two event items from the day before of the one you are trying to make.

TwixAndScones
03-03-21, 08:34 PM
I visited a farm that had visited me, and they already had the fish (Fish Venus) at the end of turning in 4-5 collections. It looks to be an exotic pet, which I am personally happy with, due to me not liking regular pets all that much - at least not in comparison to exotics.

And I must say, that is decently sized. I'm impressed with it. Though I must admit, I don't understand why it has blond /yellow hair. Is it a reference to something? Or am I just looking too far into it?

judyandthecat
03-04-21, 03:31 PM
Goal 10
Get 3 Belon Oysters from Apple Trees

judyandthecat
03-05-21, 03:32 PM
Goal 11
Get 3 Pacific Oysters from Studio

Good Luck Everyone!
Remember the Boost Oyster Boat is on sale.
I bought it and it has nice animation.

TwixAndScones
03-06-21, 12:41 AM
Colour me shocked! I got the dolphin. I was not expecting to get it at all.

And let me say, I am very impressed with the sizing. I got to give me credit where it's due, thanks to the team! I was fully expecting it to be as small as the narwhal or even the lobster. It's not, thankfully!

It's the same size as the standard seahorse.

-Signed, someone with very bad eyesight issues.

Fairyreserve
03-06-21, 12:41 PM
Should I wait to do a turn in till I have 3 from the studio? Or will the two I now have still count for the final goal if I turn them in before I get the 3rd?

Woldawson
03-06-21, 01:53 PM
24 hours collecting from studio & not one oyster drop🤨🤨. Same old TL

duckbean
03-06-21, 04:13 PM
Same here not one oyster drop from the studio

Hanja49
03-06-21, 09:45 PM
Same here, no oyster drops from studio

maddiegayy0
03-06-21, 11:21 PM
Still not one oyster drop from studio ???

duckbean
03-07-21, 05:09 AM
Finally I got the first oyster drop from the studio

Paul__
03-07-21, 12:39 PM
I think there is a bug with the Anchor decoration, looks different from how it looks in the picture. (Different angle and the base of the anchor looks weird)

Fairyreserve
03-07-21, 10:32 PM
I think there is a bug with the Anchor decoration, looks different from how it looks in the picture. (Different angle and the base of the anchor looks weird)

Agreed. Same here.

PuntaMita
03-08-21, 12:00 AM
Keeping track this time.
Two studios, used 2 bell boosts so far with non-stop crafting.
58 crafts = 7 event oysters
Beyond frustrating.
Is it necessary to make playing such a struggle with limited rewards?

Fairyreserve
03-08-21, 12:14 AM
Keeping track this time.
Beyond frustrating.

Honestly, the fish thing is kind of meh. I would rather the prize was the dolphin. If you end up missing the fish, there are better event prizes to come, I'd imagine.

03-09-21, 07:36 AM
Someone help me please I am not getting any oyester from the deep fryer why is it happening?please help😓😓

RoyalBlue305
03-09-21, 12:42 PM

And let me say, I am very impressed with the sizing. I got to give me credit where it's due, thanks to the team! I was fully expecting it to be as small as the narwhal or even the lobster. It's not, thankfully!

It's the same size as the standard seahorse.

-Signed, someone with very bad eyesight issues.

Love the sizing too! But why does he have his eyes closed? I wish the Team would give him open eyes like the other fish and sea horses. I worked pretty hard to get him lol.

RoyalBlue305
03-09-21, 12:43 PM
Message to the S8 Team: Hey guys thank you for a great event! It was very difficult but rewarding. Loved all the prizes and the theme. But can you give the Dolphin open eyes please? That would be a nice addition to a wonderful prize. Thank you!

RoyalBlue305
03-09-21, 12:48 PM
Keeping track this time.
Beyond frustrating.

The only way to really succeed at these type events is to spend gems on the crafting item, which was the oyster boat for this event. You have to continually make parts with that item along with using the bell boosts like you did. I was non-stop as well and it took me all the way to the end to get the dolphin. Plus it helps to make the longer-timed items such as the buttons to get the desired parts. The red scarfs don’t drop as many parts as the other items do, at least that’s how it works for me most of the time. Same with the fishing pond. The yellow baits drop items less frequently than the other baits.

RoyalBlue305
03-09-21, 12:51 PM

My anchor is also straight up with the white base. Thanks for pointing that out Paul.

judyandthecat
03-09-21, 04:54 PM
Message to the S8 Team: Hey guys thank you for a great event! It was very difficult but rewarding. Loved all the prizes and the theme. But can you give the Dolphin open eyes please? That would be a nice addition to a wonderful prize. Thank you!

Did you feed him? After feeding his eyes or open and he is spinning in the air.

judyandthecat
03-09-21, 08:47 PM
Please, Please Storm8 make our Oyster Boat animated again!

RoyalBlue305
03-10-21, 06:36 AM
Did you feed him? After feeding his eyes or open and he is spinning in the air.

Hi Judy yes I did feed him and he was animated but closed tonal-colored eyes. But today his eyes are bright and big and he’s wonderful! Yay!

RoyalBlue305
03-10-21, 06:37 AM
Please, Please Storm8 make our Oyster Boat animated again!

I second that!! Please the oyster boat is adorable!

orca1006
03-10-21, 12:19 PM

Congrats on your dolphin! It?s adorable!!!

too bad no luck on the pig or the dolphin after 31 tries....i mean, it?s only my second most favorite animal, but oh well, on to the next! :p