PDA

View Full Version : Winter Treats Event - 2021 - Jan 20

judyandthecat
01-20-21, 02:57 PM
How I love and wait for the new event to start!
Some lovely new prizes!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Send planes because points for Leaderboard too
3. If you can buy the Boost Building it really helps

Collection Items
Day 1 - from planes
Day 2 - from chickens
Day 3 - from Windmill
Day 4 - from Bed and Breakfast
Day 5 - from fishing
Day 6 - from sheep
Day 7 - from Dehydrator
Day 8 - from mine
Day 9 - from Morgan's Botanical Garden
Day 10 -

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 11: Winter Treats
It's still so cold, I'd think I want something sweet and warm! Do you think everyone would want some warm winter Treats?
Send 5 planes
Get 3 Marshmallows - random drop planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 11: Winter Treats
Did you say Treats? Is it hot chocolate? I want some! Can I have marshmallows with mine?
Buy 1 Chocolate Bark from the Market
Get 3 Red Knit Mugs (Collected from Chocolate Bark)
REWARDS: 200 coins 3 experience points

Goal 3 of 11: Winter Treats
Yes, let's make some hot chocolate! It's perfect; warm, sweet and creamy! The best winter treat!
Get 3 Snowflake Mugs from the chickens

Goal 4 of 11: Winter Treats
Can I also have white chocolate? I think it's sweeter and I just want it sweeter!
Get 3 White Chocolate Mix from Windmill

Goal 5 of 11: Winter Treats
I'm more of a dark chocolate person, it makes me feel complex and mysterious. Isn't it suppose to be healthier for you too?
Get 3 Dark Chocolate Mix from Bed and Breakfast
Random Drop

Goal 6 of 11: Winter Treats
Piper, you can also make your hot chocolate with some fun ingredients. How would you like some sprinkles?
Get 3 Fun Sprinkles from fishing

Goal 7 of 11: Winter Treats
I love making my food fun! Lucas, do you like fun food?
Get 3 Cinnamon Sticks from the Sheep

Goal 8 of 11: Winter Treats
Get 3 Pepperment Sticks from Dehydrator

Goal 9 of 11: Winter Treats
Get 3 Chocolate Drizzle from the mine

Goal 10 of 11: Winter Treats
Get 3 Hot White Chocolate from Morgan's Botanical Garden

Goal 11 of 11: Winter Treats

Side Goal (optional)
My Favourite Toppings
If you turn in enough Winter Treats items to the Collections Gallery, I've got a new special friend for you!
Turn in 5 Collections
REWARDS: 200 coins, Hot Chocolate Flytrap, 3 experience points
This is an exotic pet and uses one square. Cannot be stored.

Goal 1 of 2: Can I Eat This?
Is this tree, chocolate?
Buy 1 Chocolate Chicken Bark from Market
Send 1 Plane
Get 5 Marshmallows - random drop planes

Goal 1 of 2: Choose Your Chocolate
Missing some items? Turn your extra Winter Treats items into other items. You can make what you need for the Hot Chocolate Snowman Collection!
Buy the Hot Chocolate Bar from the Market

Event Prizes
Collect Them All!
Turn in 1 Hot Chocolate Snowman Collection
Collect 1 of each of the following:
Hot Chocolate Snowman
Hot Chocolate Bear
Pig Chocolate Bath
How to Chocolate Chicken
Hot Chocolate Sampler
Winter Mug Tree
Marshmallow Snowman
Hot Chocolate Gift Basket
Hot Chocolate Bar Sign
Basic Hot Chocolate Chicken
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Hot Chocolate Bar - 175 gems
Chocolate Chicken Bar - 20 gems - 1 time use
Hot Chocolate Bait - 19 gems

judyandthecat
01-20-21, 02:58 PM
Saved for event information

Paul__
01-20-21, 03:13 PM
I am excited for the new event! I wonder what we will get.

TwixAndScones
01-20-21, 05:20 PM
It looks like this could possibly be a flytrap

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but from the way it's built, it kinda looks like it might be one.

judyandthecat
01-20-21, 05:27 PM

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but from the way it's built, it kinda looks like it might be one.

That is what I am thinking and I immediately thought of you!

Natasha_07
01-20-21, 06:21 PM
I love this event, the prizes are quite nice! :)

Natasha_07
01-20-21, 06:23 PM

It's a chocolate cup flytrap.

grandpadon
01-20-21, 08:50 PM
Can?t sell marsmellow. How can we clear them from the arm?

TwixAndScones
01-20-21, 11:34 PM
It's a chocolate cup flytrap.

Yes, definitely a flytrap.

Now Looking forward to this. Only thing I'm legitimately excited to get, and put fourth effort to earn currently. As I said in the leaderboard thread, I'm not personally interested in any of the pets/prizes they're offering in either thing going on.

Flytrap, here I come to get you in the next week or a little over. :) it will be joining 10 other flytraps that I have.

I would get the booster building, but I'm looking at getting all 3 remains truffle pigs instead. Which will cost 25 dollars in iTunes. I just got to be patient, and soon I'll have that flytrap.

TwixAndScones
01-21-21, 12:00 AM
Yes, definitely a flytrap.

Now Looking forward to this. Only thing I'm legitimately excited to get, and put fourth effort to earn currently. As I said in the leaderboard thread, I'm not personally interested in any of the pets/prizes they're offering in either thing going on.

Flytrap, here I come to get you in the next week or a little over. :) it will be joining 10 other flytraps that I have.

I would get the booster building, but I'm looking at getting all 3 remains truffle pigs instead. Which will cost 25 dollars in iTunes. I just got to be patient, and soon I'll have that flytrap.

Also, I was wondering why said flytrap looked squared and why it was a white colour, until both me and my wife, realised the white thing is supposed to be a marshmallow.

I was talking to my wife and I was saying "why is the head shaped like that" and it both clicked at almost the same time "oh, it's a marshmallow!" I asked her twice, because I was so stunned by it and couldn't figure it out first time I asked, nor could she, and it ironically clicked in both of our minds at nearly the same time come the second time I asked and wondered why. Even before she finished her sentence, I was about to also say it. No wonder why we're married :rolleyes:

missjane11091975
01-21-21, 12:38 AM

Frustrating, I don?t want to spend 20 diamonds or $2k to get rid of one! I have almost 50! Please let us dump these somehow. I don?t have that much money or real money to buy more diamonds and I love playing.

little_veggie
01-21-21, 12:54 AM
Is the marshmallow fly trap an exotic pet . The type you can’t store ? I find them a little annoying . I do like the winter rabbit though from the leader board xxxx

Paul__
01-21-21, 06:24 AM
Is the marshmallow fly trap an exotic pet . The type you can’t store ? I find them a little annoying . I do like the winter rabbit though from the leader board xxxx

Yes the flytrap is a exotic pet that you can’t store.

gfp60
01-21-21, 06:43 AM
Why can’t we sell the marshmallows? I’m not participating in this event and they’re taking up room in my storage. How do I get rid of them?

judyandthecat
01-21-21, 08:03 AM
Why can’t we sell the marshmallows? I’m not participating in this event and they’re taking up room in my storage. How do I get rid of them?

Can you not put it in your store and discard or wait for a bot to buy it?

Trying to find out as it cannot be placed in the store.

judyandthecat
01-21-21, 08:04 AM
Frustrating, I don?t want to spend 20 diamonds or $2k to get rid of one! I have almost 50! Please let us dump these somehow. I don?t have that much money or real money to buy more diamonds and I love playing.

There is no charge to discard items in your store.

Only to promote NOT discard.

indigesta
01-21-21, 08:05 AM

My storage was full and I can't do anything anymore. I'll stop playing while the marshmallows can't be sold or destroy.
I suppose higher level players will have more storage space, but still ... unused marshmallows will end up overflowing everything and everyone.

>.<

judyandthecat
01-21-21, 08:08 AM
My storage was full and I can't do anything anymore. I'll stop playing while the marshmallows can't be sold or destroy.
I suppose higher level players will have more storage space, but still ... unused marshmallows will end up overflowing everything and everyone.

>.<

Put them in your store and discard them.
I haven't tried discarding but will go do one now to see if they can be discarded.

AND I CANT PUT IN STORE

Ok going to find out about this now.

lennumber1
01-21-21, 08:13 AM
Can you not put it in your store and discard or wait for a bot to buy it?

The marshmallow will not go into my shop to discard or to sell. It remains in my barn.

judyandthecat
01-21-21, 08:18 AM
MARSHMALLOWS

I am trying to find out if this is a glitch and if not to get it sent to Collections Gallery.
The only other option is you have to buy the Chocolate Bark from the Market and place it in but that will cost two thousand dollars for each one.

gfp60
01-21-21, 09:02 AM
Thanks for your help. I can’t get rid of them and I have a lot. Not willing to keep buying 2k trees.

ExcalS8
01-21-21, 12:00 PM
Hi folks! I pushed out a change to the Marshmallow that will make them sellable, behaving more consistently with similar past Collection Event items. Appreciate the reports!

e: Also just fixed an issue where the Hot Chocolate Bar would turn invisible after expanding the number of crafting slots (it was still there, though).

judyandthecat
01-21-21, 12:35 PM
Hi folks! I pushed out a change to the Marshmallow that will make them sellable, behaving more consistently with similar past Collection Event items. Appreciate the reports!

A huge thank you from the community!

judyandthecat
01-21-21, 03:31 PM
Goal 3: Winter Treats
Get 3 Snowflake Mugs from the chickens

TwixAndScones
01-22-21, 01:52 AM
Also, big ups to the designing team / creative team for coming up with the idea of the design of the flytrap.

I love how what would typically be the stem of a regular flytrap, is instead on the Hot Chocolate Flytrap, supposed to be hot chocolate pouring into the cup. Even with the added detail of the marshmallow for the head, which in some hot chocolates also have bits of marshmallows in it at the top. (I cannot believe in my previous post it took me that long to figure it out) But anyway, I think it's the most creatively designed flytrap I've seen in all flytraps on the game so far/thus far.

While it's certainly not my favourite flytrap (Princess), it's the most creative out of all.

As for the cup and the little heart detailing at the side, I really like that as well.

TwixAndScones
01-22-21, 01:45 PM
I was super impatient to wait another week to get said flytrap, so now I have it!

Also bought all truffle hogs and still have gems remaining.

Once the Hot Chocolate Bar; Booster Building goes on sale for under a 100 gems, I'll buy that as well. As I can add it along side my "How to Chocolate Chicken" and my hot chocolate signs in my little permanete winter area. As hopefully by then, I'll have an area expanded that I'll put it in.

judyandthecat
01-22-21, 03:31 PM
Goal 4: Winter Treats
Get 3 White Chocolate Mix from Windmill

judyandthecat
01-23-21, 03:33 PM
Goal 5: Winter Treats
Get 3 Dark Chocolate Mix from Bed and Breakfast
Random Drop

judyandthecat
01-24-21, 03:34 PM
Goal 6: Winter Treats
Get 3 Fun Sprinkles from fishing

judyandthecat
01-25-21, 03:32 PM
Goal 7: Winter Treats
Get 3 Cinnamon Sticks from the Sheep

judyandthecat
01-26-21, 03:39 PM
Goal 8: Winter Treats
Get 3 Pepperment Sticks from Dehydrator

judyandthecat
01-27-21, 03:32 PM
Goal 9

HOT CHOCOLATE BAR IS ON SALE

judyandthecat
01-28-21, 03:32 PM
Goal 10: Winter Treats
Get 3 Hot White Chocolate from Morgan's Botanical Garden

TwixAndScones
01-29-21, 01:26 AM
Goal 9

HOT CHOCOLATE BAR IS ON SALE

Yes!

I bought two, so I could get items faster. I am glad there wasn't any type of limit of how many of the "Hot Chocolate Bar(s)" you could get/buy

I really want to get the hot Chocolate snowman, whatever that is (hoping it might be an exotic pet of some kind, though I'm not certain if it will be)

judyandthecat
01-29-21, 04:02 AM
Yes!

I bought two, so I could get items faster. I am glad there wasn't any type of limit of how many of the "Hot Chocolate Bar(s)" you could get/buy

I really want to get the hot Chocolate snowman, whatever that is (hoping it might be an exotic pet of some kind, though I'm not certain if it will be)

When you have items making in the Hot Chocolate Bar is it animated?

I just bought it! I know I always have trouble with the last item.
It is animated ...moves up and down when making items.
Hoping it stays this way after the event ends.
AND there is a heart on it so a perfect Valentine's Day decoration.

judyandthecat
01-29-21, 04:23 AM
Prize Descriptions
Hot Chocolate Snowman - Exotic Pet - 1 square
Hot Chocolate Bear - animated - 1 square
Pig Chocolate Bath - animated - 1 square
How to Chocolate Chicken - animated - 4 squares
Hot Chocolate Sampler - animated - 4 squares
Winter Mug Tree
Marshmallow Snowman
Hot Chocolate Gift Basket
Hot Chocolate Bar Sign
Basic Hot Chocolate Chicken - animated - 1 square
Hot Chocolate FlyTrap - exotic pet - 1 square - reward for turning in 5 collections

Hot Chocolate Bar - 4 squares - ON SALE NOW
Buying this bar will increase the amount of collections you get to turn in!

judyandthecat
01-29-21, 11:10 AM
Just turned in my first collection courtesy of the Hot Chocolate Bar.

I got a Hot Chocolate Bear and he is a very cute animated bear drinking a cup of hot chocolate.
I sat him in front of the Hot Chocolate Bar!

WindermereBakery
01-29-21, 12:03 PM
May I ask why we are not allowed to store the exotic pets? What makes them better than regular animals we feed?

judyandthecat
01-29-21, 03:51 PM
Goal 11
Get 3 Dark Chocolate from the Juicer

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

TwixAndScones
01-29-21, 05:16 PM
May I ask why we are not allowed to store the exotic pets? What makes them better than regular animals we feed?

There is nothing that makes them "better" than regular pets - so to speak, at least not in being able to store them - my personal opinion aside. There has been no official reason on why we can't store exotic pets, (seahorses, flytraps, etc) from storm8 or people with close contact with/to them. One can only speculate as to why they're non-storable. And even then, I can't think of a particular possible reason as to why myself.

--- Not related.

Anyway, I bought a 3rd hot chocolate bar. I hope I can at least turn in 10-15 more collections, if not more, by the time this turn in event is over.

Though I am still using buildings to try to get collectibles on my own (Juicer, Windmill, etc) as well as using the much helpful booster buildings to also get collectibles. It makes it easier, especially when some buildings have a rarer drop than others.

Natasha_07
01-30-21, 06:35 AM
Just a few more from the juicer and I'll have my Hot Chocolate flytrap.

I am putting him in my Spring/Valentine's section...

It would be nice to have a Valentine's Day sale this upcoming week. :love_heart:

Fairyreserve
01-30-21, 01:21 PM
I hope the next event has a pet instead of these exotic pets. I didn't like the Macaque, so I sat that one out. I do like the flytraps and seahorses, but not enough to spend gems on the boost building, so hopefully I'll get enough from the juicer. Funny, I stacked the studio in preparation for the last day's release ... and it was the juicer. Ha! oh well. Almost there.

segelj
01-31-21, 06:58 PM
Yes!

What is the recipe in the Hot Chocolate Bar that will make the last required item (from the juicer?)
That last item (Hot Dark Chocolate) is the only thing I’m short on and I’m trying to decide if buying this is worth it to me.
Thanks.

Paul__
01-31-21, 07:03 PM
What is the recipe in the Hot Chocolate Bar that will make the last required item (from the juicer?)
That last item (Hot Dark Chocolate) is the only thing I’m short on and I’m trying to decide if buying this is worth it to me.
Thanks.

The item is a random drop. You can craft any craft you in the Juicer you want and you will have a chance to get the last item in the collection. I would advise making shorter crafts so you have more chances at getting the item.

segelj
01-31-21, 08:17 PM
The item is a random drop. You can craft any craft you in the Juicer you want and you will have a chance to get the last item in the collection. I would advise making shorter crafts so you have more chances at getting the item.

Thank you. Actually I meant if I buy the “hot chocolate bar” for 88 gems, how does it work? What ingredients do I put into it to make these last item needed (dark hot chocolate From the juicer)?
I’ve never purchased a boost of this sort for these events, so I am unfamiliar with how they work.

Paul__
01-31-21, 10:11 PM
Thank you. Actually I meant if I buy the “hot chocolate bar” for 88 gems, how does it work? What ingredients do I put into it to make these last item needed (dark hot chocolate From the juicer)?
I’ve never purchased a boost of this sort for these events, so I am unfamiliar with how they work.

You need to two of the previous day item. For example, for Day 10’s item, you will need 2 of Day 9’s item. This is how it works for most collection events.

segelj
02-01-21, 12:56 AM
You need to two of the previous day item. For example, for Day 10’s item, you will need 2 of Day 9’s item. This is how it works for most collection events.

Perfect, thank you so much!

Natasha_07
02-01-21, 02:00 AM
I would really like to win the 'how to chocolate chicken' to add it to my Valentine's section.

TwixAndScones
02-01-21, 02:48 PM
I've spent at least 200,000+ coins, and roughly 1000 gems on this event. Between the Chocolate barks, speeding up 5 collections to get the flytrap, the 3 booster buildings. And accidentally buying the Chicken Bark. 950 gems at least.

All I (slightly) want now is the Hot Chocolate Snowman, but I probably won't get it. As there's only a day left, and if I could've won it, I would have it already. I don't think I will get it this late in the event.

Though I at least got the flytrap, I would've been more upset if I hadn't been able to get it. It might not be everyone's favourite pet (the flytrap), but it certainly is mine!

Anyway

My collection turn ins so far;

9x Hot Chocolate Bar Sign
4x Basic Hot Chocolate Chickens
3x Hot Chocolate Sampler
2x How to Chocolate Chicken
2x Hot Chocolate Gift Basket
2x Winter Mug Tree
1x Pig Chocolate Bath.
1x Marshmallow Snowman

Natasha_07
02-02-21, 05:21 AM
To those that got the 'How to Chocolate Chicken' a question:

How many tries did it take before you got it ?

Thanks for any answers. :)

TwixAndScones
02-02-21, 08:24 PM
To those that got the 'How to Chocolate Chicken' a question:

How many tries did it take before you got it ?

Thanks for any answers. :)

It's based on luck, I think - or at least personally believe. But I got my first how to chicken on my first 5 tries, got my second (and last) chicken after 14-18 tries. It wasn't super rare on my end, but it could've been on others.

Though I hope you got lucky somewhere along the event and got it.

-- Not related, but I cannot see my Hot Chocolate Bar(s)

When I opened the game after the event had ended, it appeared invisible (and still does) I thought I somehow managed to lose them to server until I tried placing my mayflowers back out.

Is it like this for anyone else who had bought the Chocolate Bar as well?

judyandthecat
02-02-21, 10:58 PM
It's based on luck, I think - or at least personally believe. But I got my first how to chicken on my first 5 tries, got my second (and last) chicken after 14-18 tries. It wasn't super rare on my end, but it could've been on others.

When I opened the game after the event had ended, it appeared invisible (and still does) I thought I somehow managed to lose them to server until I tried placing my mayflowers back out.

Yes I just signed on and mine too is invisible.
I will report this over for us.

Mitzi111
02-03-21, 05:49 AM
since the game ended, there is an option to buy the chocolate bark tree for 20 gems. Is it just decoration now? Or will it be useful?

Paul__
02-03-21, 07:07 AM
since the game ended, there is an option to buy the chocolate bark tree for 20 gems. Is it just decoration now? Or will it be useful?

The Chocolate Trees can no longer be purchased, but yes they are now just regular decorations. They will not have any functional use in the future.

Natasha_07
02-03-21, 09:28 AM
I didn't get it but I'm happy with my prizes, it would be nice to have a Valentine's Day sale with our next event. :love_heart:

judyandthecat
02-03-21, 02:20 PM
Thank You Storm8
The Hot Chocolate Bar that many of us purchased is no longer invisible.
All of these items were so well designed and with a heart on them perfect for the upcoming holiday!
Valentine's Day

I think my favourite is the pig in a cup of hot chocolate.
The exotic pet has swirling Marshmallows in a cup before becoming acsnowman.
Very well thought out and the Marshmallow Fly Trap!

Love the how to Rooster! All the prizes!

The hot Chocolates twirling around on the Sampler!

Mitzi111
02-04-21, 01:47 AM
Thanks Paul_ :)