PDA

View Full Version : Battle Arena

deamon506
01-01-21, 12:15 PM
Here is a thread for me (and anybody else who wants to) to discuss and/or complain about the battle arena.

Mostreal
01-01-21, 06:04 PM
OH, that sucks. I beat him with my Diamond at 15 first try. He's my go-to for those early champion types and beat thems 99% of the time.

deamon506
01-01-21, 09:39 PM
I?m beginning to think the difficulty of the battle arena is directly related to how much gold you have. I bought some as a Christmas present to myself and now my dragons are noodling to inferior opponents.

Paul__
01-01-21, 11:55 PM
I?m beginning to think the difficulty of the battle arena is directly related to how much gold you have. I bought some as a Christmas present to myself and now my dragons are noodling to inferior opponents.

I believe that the difficulty of the tournaments is the same regardless of if you spend money or not.

deamon506
01-02-21, 09:04 AM
I believe that the difficulty of the tournaments is the same regardless of if you spend money or not.

Cool!

Athabasca55
01-02-21, 09:33 AM
I got Gentle Knight with my Defender. It works really well against pink, in particular. My Defender is a lvl 10, fwiw.

mymonta
01-03-21, 02:01 AM
There is no guarantee that you will get past any opponent on the first try or with any particular dragon. There are percentages and so forth involved. Skyharbor knows more about the percentages and so forth, so maybe he can explain if he comes around. There is also an element of luck.

deamon506
01-03-21, 01:06 PM
Sure, just so happens those percentages are wildly against me all at the same time in the same tournament. In addition to the level 5 dragon taking down a 15 diamond, 15 black knight, and 13 glasswing,

The level 17 immortal dragon took down my:

15 diamond (3x)
10 infinity
10 passion
10 dark
12 metal

As well as SEVENTEEN other diamond hybrids all level 10.

To be clear, it took approximately 25 battles to finally beat it. I don?t think my complaints are unfair.

skyharbor602
01-03-21, 09:39 PM
Sure, just so happens those percentages are wildly against me all at the same time in the same tournament. In addition to the level 5 dragon taking down a 15 diamond, 15 black knight, and 13 glasswing,

The level 17 immortal dragon took down my:

15 diamond (3x)
10 infinity
10 passion
10 dark
12 metal

As well as SEVENTEEN other diamond hybrids all level 10.

To be clear, it took approximately 25 battles to finally beat it. I don?t think my complaints are unfair.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble with those pesky chanpion dragons in this tournament.
What I would do in your position is to raise your Infinity, Passion, Dark and Metal all to level 15. If the food is a premium then raise Air, Fire, Forest, Water and Magic to level 15. Those basic common dragons at level 15 can be effective at times. I, personally, don't trust Diamond and other single element champion type dragons to beat tournament champions. However, champion hybrids can come through in a pinch. The ones I use are: Tribal or Mithril against champion/blue dragons (Huntress and Honor), Wardrum against champion/yellow or champion/pink dragons (Tribal, Dread Captain, Gentle Knight), Amazon against champ/green hybrids (Harmony Knight), Cleric or Harmony Knight against champ/black hybrids (Black Jackal, Wardrum).
Of the dragons you listed, I would start with raising Dark to 15 because the food is cheaper, then Passion second, then Infinity and Metal last.

Rfs04
01-04-21, 03:52 PM
I battle on Android so that may give different results than ios.... for the majority of champs, especially pure champs, I have been using level 15 metal. So that's a dragon at top of my feed list. If champ has blue in it, I use level 14 mithril and any champs with Red or Rainbow I won't use metal. Every other metal's been my go to dragon and for few times she loses, i have 2nd level 15 metal. On a few occasions when both fail, i use level 15 Passion.

Glasswing, sigh, i dread seeing in list but my level 14 battlesteed has success often on those.

It does seem that some dragons are terrific for most players while a few have duds...that seems to be my Glasswing and Neo Valiant. They are not reliable for me. So while the dragons I described work for me, your experience could be quite different....so Good Luck.

deamon506
01-04-21, 06:41 PM
I know which dragons to use. The issue is for whatever reason, they aren?t working this tournament. I?ve been on round 26 all day against the 19 battlemage and have gone through my 15 diamond 3x and another 6-7 random dragons (since all my other dragons are healing)

deamon506
01-05-21, 12:24 AM
My 10 forest beat the 19 battle mage. My 10 forest has beaten like 4 level 17+ champion dragons in its time.

Fun stats: after healing my 15 black knight, I currently have 34 (thirty-four) dragons waiting to be healed.

Rfs04
01-05-21, 12:35 PM
My 10 forest beat the 19 battle mage. My 10 forest has beaten like 4 level 17+ champion dragons in its time.

Fun stats: after healing my 15 black knight, I currently have 34 (thirty-four) dragons waiting to be healed.

Oooh I understand...sometimes I think theres a glitch in their battle routine where something gets stuck and it takes forever for it to unstick... I had 1 round long time ago that took over 30 tries to win and hubby had a 40 try round. Very unnerving, feel you will never win. I don't know if it helps, but I clear cache before battles. Hope things get better for you.

deamon506
01-05-21, 01:28 PM
Level 19 Aladdin dragon took down another 10 dragons by the way. My healing queue is approaching 50 dragons.

deamon506
01-05-21, 01:40 PM
56 dragons.

FIFTY SIX DRAGONS WAITING TO BE HEALED.

I finished the tournament but at what cost? That?s a week?s worth of healing time Storm8!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with y?all?!?!

Athabasca55
01-05-21, 01:46 PM
You can also try switching between Bash and Magic for your battle dragons. For high level Champions, I alternate Diamond and Achilles switching them from bash-magic-magic to magic-bash-bash if the first or second attempts don?t work. I have 2 lvl 15 Diamonds, and one 15 lvl Achilles. If they?re in the healing spring, I swap in Infinity.

Alternating bash and magic really works for me. One of my go-to strategies for Glasswing is if Glasswing fails on the first try with bash-magic-magic, I try Neo Glasswing next with magic-magic-bash. I would say it?s about 80-90% effective.

orson32
01-06-21, 01:57 PM
Sometimes the least likely dragon takes out a champion....my level 1 Fire dragon took out Battlemage..did a better job that some of the higher level ones did
Lately I have been trying lvl 1 ' old' commons on the champs..

deamon506
01-21-21, 05:50 PM
I am requesting Storm8 not have a tournament for an extra couple of weeks so I can heal the, like, 35 dragons I need to heal.

mymonta
01-22-21, 11:10 AM
I am requesting Storm8 not have a tournament for an extra couple of weeks so I can heal the, like, 35 dragons I need to heal.

I have 4 accounts, each with over 30 dragons to heal. A couple have about 50 to heal that have built up over the last few tournaments and never got healed. The good news is that if the pattern holds true, we won't have another tournament until the 26, which gives us 4 full days, except for the few battles we have to do for the current Tales event.

deamon506
01-22-21, 03:59 PM
It?s been 17 days since that one tournament had me go from 0 exhausted dragons to 56 exhausted dragons 😂 thankfully the last tournament wasn?t awful but I still have 30 left (just counted)

deamon506
01-26-21, 04:41 PM
I had just gotten to my last dragon to heal when a level four glass wing beat my 15 black knight and 15 diamond.

deamon506
03-02-21, 11:54 AM
Another level 4 takes down a 15 champion. Later, I beat a level 5 dragon, then a rollback hits and I lose 4 battles in a row with level 9 champion types. Broke.

mymonta
03-02-21, 12:16 PM
All my dragons are exhausted, and so am I from so many tournaments. I might have to start picking and choosing which ones to participate in, I guess. Disappointing.

I see this month's theme is Dino dragons (yay!), and one of my accounts is working to collect all Dino dragons, so I guess that one is the one that will have to participate in all the tournaments this month. Fortunately that one only currently has 3 exhausted dragons, unlike some of the my others that have over 40.

deamon506
03-02-21, 06:34 PM
I decided to get a fresh start and just use gold to heal all the dragons I needed to... problem is, half wouldn?t have needed healing if not for the rollbacks. There have been like 3 dragons I?ve beaten in the last couple of days that immediately rolled back and then took our 3-4 other dragons before I finally beat them again.

deamon506
03-04-21, 07:20 AM
So annoying... beat 17 mithril on first try with 15 diamond. Come back later and who do I have to face again? 17 mithril... who has now beaten 5 other dragons.

deamon506
03-09-21, 01:26 PM
The last three tournaments have began with a level 3-5 taking down a level 15 champion type

patisserieforever
03-22-21, 01:09 AM
Hello there !
I came back on the game this january after 3 years and I didn't manage to win a single tournament...
Before I was struggling with champions dragons too but not like this, I feel like it's very difficult now despite the fact I have more high level et rare dragons...
It's so frustating 😔

deamon506
06-06-21, 08:25 PM
What do you use to beat a beast type ?dragon?? This level 20 unicorn 2 dragon (ITS NOT EVEN A DRAGON) is wearing me out.

amerirish
06-07-21, 01:27 PM
What do you use to beat a beast type ?dragon?? This level 20 unicorn 2 dragon (ITS NOT EVEN A DRAGON) is wearing me out.

Pretty much all level 15 dragons have a 25% chance against this non-Dragon :( I think I beat it with Abra 15. Good luck.

deamon506
07-09-21, 02:47 PM
Harmony knight last tournament, battlemage this tournament. 10+ dragons, including like 4 level 15 diamonds.

deamon506
08-03-21, 05:06 PM
Either they?ve nerfed my dragons or buffed the tournament dragons for this tournament lol.

15 glasswing has lost twice
15 black knight has lost once
10 neo valiant has lost
9 alpha dark one has lost.

This is all 5 rounds into the tournament.

deamon506
08-05-21, 09:57 AM
Yep, definitely think my dragons have been nerfed. Also why are there two 15+ champion type dragons in a row halfway through the tournament.

My level 15 black knight and glasswing dragons have lost a combined 12 or so fights and I?m just barely halfway through the tournament.

deamon506
08-05-21, 02:53 PM
I?ve faced 3 champion dragons in 4 rounds now and I?m not even in the 20th round? And the one dragon I didn?t beat was a super rare green and purple dragon that my glasswing and black knight lost to twice. What the heck is happening in this tournament.

Mikep101
08-05-21, 06:04 PM
I've noticed when I start out on day one and make around 6 wins and then day two 8 to 10 wins, day three 8 to 10, and finish on day 4 I rarely have defeats. When I start off slow or slow down in the middle I lose constantly. I've used this strategy for 2 yrs now and have seen it work consistently. Even the hard to beat ones fall when I play almost non stop. Mostly now I don't battle due to space. That said, I have 2 champs, a champ/diamond mix, a metal, and diamond, all 4 level 15. I use champs on most and metal on champs.

deamon506
08-06-21, 12:08 PM
I always know it?s gonna be a weird tournament when the glasswing and other pure champion lose to the same level 5 dragon. Thankfully it?s picked up and I?ve started winning after I got through that middle portion

deamon506
09-11-21, 07:39 PM
Rollback costed me 30 gold. Starting a tournament at the same time as a tales where you have to win battles for the tales (usually late in the tournament so it?s impossible) is stupid.

Frostyforest34
09-12-21, 10:43 PM
Rollback costed me 30 gold. Starting a tournament at the same time as a tales where you have to win battles for the tales (usually late in the tournament so it?s impossible) is stupid.

Agreed! I wish they wouldn?t do this!

jovita777
10-30-21, 05:26 AM
Need help. Stuck on Dueler 19lvl for 2 days. How to beat him?

deamon506
11-02-21, 07:39 AM
Sorry I haven?t been here in a bit. Diamond/infinity/Achilles are my most successful dragons against champions. Metal, passion, gemstone, dark, and for some reason forest dragons have also given me wins.

deamon506
05-23-22, 09:00 AM
A level 18 common glitzy has beaten my 15 glasswing and black knight like 5 times between them and has also beaten my 10 omega light mother, neo valiant, and valiant dragons lol