PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating experience with Magic Basket

Triximix2
04-23-11, 03:52 PM
Hi,

I used my hard earned gems to purchase a Magic Basket. I was hoping to get the advertised Beach House, but I finally got a Chick Topiary. Then I bought gems with real money to try my luck again with the Magic Basket and this time I got an Egg Statue that was so ridiculous I sold it immediately for 700 coins... Who the heck do you think would be happy with those crappy surprises? I understand the chests contain random items, but for 24 gems at least even 4th category surprises should be a little bit attractive!! I bought a 3rd chest, the classic Discovery Chest, and once again it was a 4th category item (am I particularly unlucky, or is it that Farm Story random gifts algorithm follows strange probability rules???), it was a patio table, imho not so bad as Magic Basket surprises.
So if I may give my paying customer feedback, I would recommend your team to select carefully every mistery items to make all of them attractive and to provide a trustable random surprises'selection, otherwise you will make more customers disappointed as I am now with your game and with my purchases.

Thanks for reading my post.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I used my hard earned gems to purchase a Magic Basket. I was hoping to get the advertised Beach House, but I finally got a Chick Topiary. Then I bought gems with real money to try my luck again with the Magic Basket and this time I got an Egg Statue that was so ridiculous I sold it immediately for 700 coins... Who the heck do you think would be happy with those crappy surprises? I understand the chests contain random items, but for 24 gems at least even 4th category surprises should be a little bit attractive!! I bought a 3rd chest, the classic Discovery Chest, and once again it was a 4th category item (am I particularly unlucky, or is it that Farm Story random gifts algorithm follows strange probability rules???), it was a patio table, imho not so bad as Magic Basket surprises.
So if I may give my paying customer feedback, I would recommend your team to select carefully every mistery items to make all of them attractive and to provide a trustable random surprises'selection, otherwise you will make more customers disappointed as I am now with your game and with my purchases.

Thanks for reading my post.

Having never bought one, I don't know everything there is to know about it. I feel sorry for you. I don't think you're particularly unlucky compared to everyone else who buys them. Obviously, you won't get your money back for another try. TeamLava have probably scripted so that Class 4 items appear more often than the higher classes. It makes them more money-you don't get something that you want first off, so you buy another. And another. And another. And maybe, lots of money to TeamLava later, you get it.

MiniLaura
04-23-11, 08:59 PM
The chances for the different levels of prizes are:
4th -- 54%
3rd -- 35%
2nd -- 10%
1st -- 1%

So it's not some strange probability rules, it's the way they want it.