PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble breeding animals today?

hawk8
04-23-11, 03:54 AM
I had a baby ready this morning and it will not let me breed anything else now. I click on the breed button and then on an animal but the nest stays empty. I tried clicking on three different animals.

LetiB
04-23-11, 06:23 AM
Did you make sure you have enough money to breed that specific animal?

sophiacml
04-23-11, 06:44 AM
When those animals already have babies on their nest, they are not allowed to breed.

hawk8
04-23-11, 09:48 AM
I had enough money and the animal wasnt already being bred, but I did already have 4 animals of all the choices I could choose, so maybe you can only have four of each animal. I bought two snakes and it allowed me to breed them.

sophiacml
04-23-11, 05:44 PM
Hm... As fas as I know, when your nest already have this big mama with a baby, you can't breed anymore even you have enough cash.

ahshan
04-23-11, 05:53 PM
Wow. it sucks that you can't breed more. I was thinking of having like 100 llamas just to show off :0

hawk8
04-23-11, 10:23 PM
It seems as if TeamLava has made a change, I can now breed animals that I already have four of, they must have upped the limit, or maybe the limit ups itself when you reach a certain level

Rachael98
04-24-11, 12:07 AM
It seems as if TeamLava has made a change, I can now breed animals that I already have four of, they must have upped the limit, or maybe the limit ups itself when you reach a certain level

Oh, right. Thanks!

TheFluffySlipper
04-24-11, 01:29 AM

LOL so many changes already. I'm starting to wonder if we aren't actually playing a beta version o.O

hawk8
04-24-11, 01:32 PM
LOL so many changes already. I'm starting to wonder if we aren't actually playing a beta version o.O

At least TeamLava didn't just release this game and let it be like some of their other games. They are actually trying to make it better, maybe it's because of the success of some of the other zoo games.

hawk8
04-24-11, 01:41 PM
Once again, I can not breed any animals, I have six animals that are not currently being bred and I have enough money for all of them, but it won't let me breed any of them. Please TeamLava work on this.

laurelsail
04-26-11, 04:45 PM
I can't get my baby bear to separate from it's mom. I just have a pen that has a "3" on it and a mommy bear with a baby bear on it's back. How do I separate them? Help!

sophiacml
04-26-11, 04:51 PM
You don't separate them. That's how the way it is.
I can't get my baby bear to separate from it's mom. I just have a pen that has a "3" on it and a mommy bear with a baby bear on it's back. How do I separate them? Help!

laurelsail
04-26-11, 04:52 PM
Okay. Thanks!

sophiacml
04-26-11, 04:53 PM
What I do is normally keep searching for the animals till I can breed. I'm not sure why certain animals can be breed but others not. Average speaking, all my animals can be bred. It just not the way I want it to be. Let's say, I'd prefer to bred monkey more often but it doesn't allowed me to do so & it maybe has some sorts of queue for the animals to be bred.
Once again, I can not breed any animals, I have six animals that are not currently being bred and I have enough money for all of them, but it won't let me breed any of them. Please TeamLava work on this.

LetiB
04-26-11, 06:36 PM
What I do is normally keep searching for the animals till I can breed. I'm not sure why certain animals can be breed but others not.

Same here. I've been able to keep breeding my Llamas and will have 6 soon.

vigilandy
04-26-11, 07:05 PM
Anyone get mote than 4 elephants? I can't go past 4. I have 5 rhinos and it won't let me go Higher. I have 6 gila monsters though and it's letting me breed a 7th. Maybe it's a limit based on animal size. Dunno

LetiB
04-26-11, 07:25 PM
Anyone get mote than 4 elephants? I can't go past 4. I have 5 rhinos and it won't let me go Higher. I have 6 gila monsters though and it's letting me breed a 7th. Maybe it's a limit based on animal size. Dunno

No, I only have 4 elephants and 5 rhinos too.
I think maybe it's based off of in reality when you go to the Zoo, how many of a certain animal do you usually see? So, if we're only allowed to have 4 or 5 of an animal that's normally big, then it makes sense to me why we can only have 4 elephants, 5 rhinos, etc, but more of other animals that might be known to breed more in real life, or have more babies.

TheFluffySlipper
04-26-11, 09:40 PM
No, I only have 4 elephants and 5 rhinos too.
I think maybe it's based off of in reality when you go to the Zoo, how many of a certain animal do you usually see? So, if we're only allowed to have 4 or 5 of an animal that's normally big, then it makes sense to me why we can only have 4 elephants, 5 rhinos, etc, but more of other animals that might be known to breed more in real life, or have more babies.

Ummm ... ? Not sure of the logic there but thanks for the chuckle! :p

cameoz
04-27-11, 06:26 AM
Yes, I've been saying similar on several threads. No beta testing on this game. It's obvious.

hawk8
04-27-11, 05:12 PM
This is what I have and I can not currently breed anymore

7 Gila Monsters
7 Pythons
5 Rhinos
4 Owls
5 Lamas
5 Monkeys
4 Bears
4 Kangaroos
4 Zebras
4 Elephants

sophiacml
04-27-11, 05:42 PM
I'm facing problem that I can't breed anymore and left one breed nest free open now.

LetiB
04-27-11, 06:27 PM

7 Gila Monsters
7 Pythons
5 Rhinos
4 Owls
5 Lamas
5 Monkeys
4 Bears
4 Kangaroos
4 Zebras
4 Elephants

I have 7 Llamas, but I'm not able to breed more.

sewingsue
04-28-11, 02:47 AM
I have 2 turtles & am unable to breed them. I also have the 5 gems needed but when I click breed it just shows the empty nest!
It seems there must be a problem trying to breed animals using gems.
I also tried breeding my elephants, zebras & owls this morning, and the same thing happened it just showed an empty nest. I currently have 4 of each of the above though & wondered if this was the limit?
I bred my rhinocerous a couple of days ago & now have 5 of them. Has the limit changed?

RageofMars
05-01-11, 02:25 PM

7 Gila Monsters
7 Pythons
5 Rhinos
4 Owls
5 Lamas
5 Monkeys
4 Bears
4 Kangaroos
4 Zebras
4 Elephants

I have almost exactly the same set of animals you have (except I have 7 Llamas) and I have not been able to breed anymore for two days now.

ahshan
05-01-11, 02:29 PM
I have
7 Gila Monsters
7 Llamas
7 Albino Pythons
5 Monkeys
5 Rhinos
4 Elephants
4 Kangaroos
4 Zebras
4 Bears

Last few days I've only been breeding Pythons, but today it looks like I can no longer breed anything anymore.

adamthefarmer
05-01-11, 02:58 PM
I am having the same problem today. It doesn't matter how many animals have. I click the animal (any one) to breed and the breeding box remains empty.

kooky panda
05-01-11, 04:09 PM
when i am ready to breed some won't I just keep selecting one until it takes. I still cannot breed my elephant.

Darkstorm2
05-02-11, 03:58 AM
I'm in the same situation as everyone else! My bigger issue is with the experience earned from multiple animals. You get one star for feeding one animal and for getting the coins. You get only one star for feeding seven pythons and getting those coins! I'd have ALOT more experience if I just kept one of each animal and repeatedly feed them! There is no incentive to have multiples!!!!

RageofMars
05-04-11, 11:30 PM
I'm in the same situation as everyone else! My bigger issue is with the experience earned from multiple animals. You get one star for feeding one animal and for getting the coins. You get only one star for feeding seven pythons and getting those coins! I'd have ALOT more experience if I just kept one of each animal and repeatedly feed them! There is no incentive to have multiples!!!!

I agree. At this point, my leveling up has almost come to a halt, as my animals take 2-3 hours per feed. Also, this means I make less XP from harvesting crops, as I'm always 10,000 capped. I tried to build another pen for some of the same animals, but was told I cannot, and should try breeding.

The only benefit is that I make alot of money off the animals...but what am I going to spend it on? Expanding my zoo and fill it with more hotdog stands? =.=;;

hawk8
05-05-11, 08:54 AM
I agree. At this point, my leveling up has almost come to a halt, as my animals take 2-3 hours per feed. Also, this means I make less XP from harvesting crops, as I'm always 10,000 capped. I tried to build another pen for some of the same animals, but was told I cannot, and should try breeding.

The only benefit is that I make alot of money off the animals...but what am I going to spend it on? Expanding my zoo and fill it with more hotdog stands? =.=;;

None of my animals take that long to feed, I think the longest is 15 minutes.

kooky panda
05-05-11, 09:55 AM

Me too my longest is about 15 minutes... I am on Iphone 4.
Some of nbrs are having issues with long feeding times.

RageofMars
05-06-11, 09:18 AM

For about over a week there all my 10min-15min animals (i.e. pythons, monkeys, gilla monsters, rhinos, llamas, and elephants) all took 2hrs-3hrs to collect! I restarted my device last night and now they're back down to 10min-15min.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I the timer shot up once I hit level 50. I just assumed it was TL doing some stealth changes.

RageofMars
05-06-11, 09:20 AM
Also, on the subject of breeding, I've read some folks are able to have 3 crocodiles. I have two but can't breed a 3rd, even with available gems.

manlau
05-06-11, 09:51 AM
I also cannot breed any animals ! Are there any limit for total no of animals? My Animal Exhibits is 11 / 20! I cannot buy as I have enough cash??? How can I get more gems? Thanks all brother and sister!

kooky panda
05-06-11, 01:59 PM
Also, on the subject of breeding, I've read some folks are able to have 3 crocodiles. I have two but can't breed a 3rd, even with available gems.

I just got my third croc to breed.

hawk8
05-07-11, 06:31 AM
We can breed more animals with the new update!