PDA

View Full Version : Harassment, What to do??

SweetChikara
04-23-11, 02:55 AM
Well, I don't know, about some of you wonderful people here, but I honestly am fed up with member harassment. I've been dealing with one person for 3 arduous hours now, and it all was completely innocent. One member left the standard message for everyone with words of insight, this member flipped out on them, I tipped the one that was flipping out and tried to explain to her that the other member wasn't being mean at all, it was just a simple set of words, then she flipped on me lol.

So now, she's cussing me out on my wall EVERY chance she gets. My wall was filled with over 30 messages of spam, her cussing me out in other character languages to bypass the inability to cuss at me in English, and I've tried it all. I've tried pleading, asking her to stop, then flat ignored her for a while and she still kept spamming so I came back again and replied.

What can members like myself do in cases like this? I've NEVER had anything like this happen to me before for this long of a period of time. Naturally some members are underage and they have no sense of logic so I ignore, but this one keeps setting my cellphone notifications off the chain :(

A suggestion could be a block button for members like this in the gaming community. It's just disgusting to me how unrelenting some people can be, as well as disrespectful when others are merely trying to be kind. So please, what are members like myself able to do when someone like this constantly wall harasses? Thanks in advance!

PS: I don't know what her ID is, just that her bakery name is Lily. I left one message on my wall so as to link to her if you guys can do something about her. My storm8 ID is SweetChikara

SweetChikara
04-23-11, 02:57 AM
removed images as i realize they probably don't matter when it comes to trying to report harassment...

SweetChikara
04-23-11, 02:58 AM
removed images as i realize they probably don't matter when it comes to trying to report harassment...

sissy8
04-23-11, 02:44 PM
had the same , never give respons just delete ther messages, it will work:)

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:14 PM
Oh...you might have wanted to keep one. I'll reply fully on your wall.

ahshan
04-23-11, 04:22 PM
Just ignore them. The person will eventually realize that you don't care and that you're not even playing the game at the moment and will stop.
Then delete the messages after it's stopped. If the person constantly sends them even after you ignore it, then report it to TeamLava.
When you encounter people like this, just know that if you ignore them and they still keep harassing you, they are wasting their time on you. It's a funny thing how bullies waste their time while you're probably accomplishing something elsewhere.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 05:17 PM
Just ignore them. The person will eventually realize that you don't care and that you're not even playing the game at the moment and will stop.
Then delete the messages after it's stopped. If the person constantly sends them even after you ignore it, then report it to TeamLava.
When you encounter people like this, just know that if you ignore them and they still keep harassing you, they are wasting their time on you. It's a funny thing how bullies waste their time while you're probably accomplishing something elsewhere.

Very, very wise words indeed.

cityerror
04-24-11, 02:39 PM
You don't know them personally right? So it shouldn't be threatening in any way. They're cussing at you because you affected them. Don't let them affect you.