PDA

View Full Version : Weekday Warrior and Recurring Rollbacks

deadpixel
11-05-20, 02:20 AM
I was wondering if this is a common thing that other players experience.

Rollbacks happen randomly in the game on occasion but seem to occur far more frequently (at least for me) during the Weekday Warrior events.

I would clear trees, collect from animals, etc. only to have the Knight-on-a-galloping-horse appear, wasting up to two minutes of my unlimited energy and undoing most of my actions. And this may happen two or more times for each of the 10-minute unlimited time slots.

I understand that the rollbacks are likely caused by synchronization issues between our devices and the game servers, but isn't there something that can be done on the server-side to reduce these rollbacks?

To be clear, I have excellent internet connections, play on new devices, regularly reinstall my games, make a habit of force-closing my games and restarting them before playing every session, etc. So, I'm not sure what else I can do on my part to prevent these rollbacks.

ratdogs4
11-05-20, 07:38 AM
I was wondering if this is a common thing that other players experience.

Rollbacks happen randomly in the game on occasion but seem to occur far more frequently (at least for me) during the Weekday Warrior events.

I would clear trees, collect from animals, etc. only to have the Knight-on-a-galloping-horse appear, wasting up to two minutes of my unlimited energy and undoing most of my actions. And this may happen two or more times for each of the 10-minute unlimited time slots.

I understand that the rollbacks are likely caused by synchronization issues between our devices and the game servers, but isn't there something that can be done on the server-side to reduce these rollbacks?

To be clear, I have excellent internet connections, play on new devices, regularly reinstall my games, make a habit of force-closing my games and restarting them before playing every session, etc. So, I'm not sure what else I can do on my part to prevent these rollbacks.

I have experienced the same, last WW I had over 10 rollbacks, getting very little actual free energy. Super frustrating.

deadpixel
11-05-20, 08:27 AM
I have experienced the same, last WW I had over 10 rollbacks, getting very little actual free energy. Super frustrating.

I feel your pain :blue:

I just completed the WW and it rolled back 6 times on me this time. The last rollback was after I had collected 2 Ivy’s Antidotes from my Toxic Spirits, causing me to lose both of the antidotes in addition to 15 pieces of Toxic Wood I’d collected. :mad:

I wonder what’s stopping the devs from fixing this issue. Perhaps they aren’t able to replicate it?

Nuicakes
11-05-20, 12:20 PM
Add me to the list of frustrating rollbacks

SpiritWind00
11-05-20, 11:28 PM
same... I've reported it again to S8.

deadpixel
11-06-20, 07:41 AM
same... I've reported it again to S8.

Thanks, SW. I really hope they find the issue and **** the rollbacks.

robotparade
11-06-20, 01:11 PM
I actually stopped doing weekend warrior because of the rollbacks

chucklh3
06-09-21, 08:38 AM
These rollbacks are still happening, at least to me and not just during the Weekend Warrior, I'm assuming no fix has been implemented. Super frustrating.

My wife lost a drop from the Troll Camp during this current event because of a rollback. It happened after she shut down the game.

When will the madness stop?!?!?!?

kat8rose
06-09-21, 03:11 PM
Same re WW

55lee55
07-22-21, 04:53 PM
I get them too, on WW and on purchases with unlimited energy. I don't remember not experiencing these at least once, and often 4-6 times. It's definitely frustrating and I've cut back on purchases because of this. I hope it is fixed soon, because when it works, I enjoy the WW and the unlimited energy purchases.

chucklh3
09-22-21, 07:28 AM
I've noticed this is also happening even after I turn the game off. I'll start something in the workshop, turn the game off, and when I come back to it later, the workshop is empty like I never started a craft at all.

shortdanzr
09-24-21, 05:14 AM
I've noticed this is also happening even after I turn the game off. I'll start something in the workshop, turn the game off, and when I come back to it later, the workshop is empty like I never started a craft at all.

i always make sure i do a "update check" with the servers before i log off. to make sure that my game syncs

elijahskingdom
09-24-21, 09:12 AM
I almost always have 1 rollback about half way through WW. I had wondered if it was because I was tapping too much. I generally tap hundreds of things, chop rocks, etc, and then hit Menu and then Social to do an immediate collection. Is that the best way to do it? Anyhow, if I don’t do intermittent collections like I mentioned and there is a rollback, I have to tap and chop all those things again losing all that time.

HappyHeartBakery
09-27-21, 05:23 AM
Agreed. A lot more rollbacks recently. I too have a new device and good WiFi. I have been noticing it even more often when I am moving items around or adding walls and such from inventory to board. Sometimes it will rollback and ‘ignore/not sync’ with items I placed on the board earlier, but remember things completed After said item placed onto board. Or just rollback and makes me lose a needed item from a collection - sometimes replacing energy, sometimes its just gone. I play other Storm8 games where this is NOT happening. And I have played other Storm8 games that I have had to stop playing due to rollbacks. Hopefully this can be made better and not worse. I’m really enjoying this game - its for fun and relaxation. Not for stress and frustration. I’d prefer not to be forced to stop this game:(

ShibuyaCloth
09-30-21, 07:10 AM
Before starting a WW free energy bonza, I visit a neighbor to ensure a server synch. This does not guarantee everything, today during my WW I still got a roll back after 1 min in the WW, only 1/2 of the items I collected remained collected, then I get the ghost effect on those pending harvest.

If really critical harvests are to be done, I remove the WiFi, as the roll backs are more often there. Of course this is only possible if you have a mobile plan with data connection. On my iPad I just have to suffer roll-backs, energy or item loss.

kat_the_first
09-30-21, 03:01 PM
Really sad with the results for this WW :( I'm usually ultra careful with my clicking to avoid losing gems but lost over 100 speeding up the two day faerie garden. This was my first major loss from gem traps, so I guess I've been lucky so far. Thinking I'll skip the WW events altogether, since I could easily get any other item I stocked up on during the ten minute unlimited energy, but the gems will be sorely missed and much harder to recover...

[S8] HungryGoblin
09-30-21, 03:34 PM
Really sad with the results for this WW :( I'm usually ultra careful with my clicking to avoid losing gems but lost over 100 speeding up the two day faerie garden. This was my first major loss from gem traps, so I guess I've been lucky so far. Thinking I'll skip the WW events altogether, since I could easily get any other item I stocked up on during the ten minute unlimited energy, but the gems will be sorely missed and much harder to recover...

Please log a ticket with Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for assistance with your accidental speed up. Good luck!

RoyalBlue305
10-04-21, 10:23 AM
I also experienced a roll back too with WW on this most recent event and lost all my energy after the unlimited part was over. Instead of giving me my energy level before Unlimited started, it rolled back and set me to zero energy.

newzealander
10-05-21, 05:21 PM
I too have been experiencing these roll backs, on a newer device, with a good connection. This morning I fought off a creature, then made 7 moves around my kingdom before I then collected from my witchy cauldron. Anyone taking part in the current event knows how vital triggering Megan is, but she didn't trigger for me because I had rolled back over 7 moves, and still had the previous creature on the board. Very annoying and frustrating!

mymonta
10-07-21, 11:10 PM
I chopped one of the gift boxes from the previous event and got a Golden Nugget. Then I got a rollback, had to chop the box again, and only got a few coins.

newzealander
10-20-21, 11:47 PM
I'm completely off track. Is there a WW this week or next week?

SpiritWind00
10-21-21, 12:15 AM
I'm completely off track. Is there a WW this week or next week?
There doesn't look like one today, no so it will be after the next event more than likely.

newzealander
10-21-21, 01:25 AM
There doesn't look like one today, no so it will be after the next event more than likely.
Thanks SW. I was ready for once!

mymonta
11-03-21, 01:18 PM
I'm looking for advice for tonight's WW. I have a monster parked that takes 99 energy to battle. Should I battle it as 1 of the 4 monsters needed to get all the unlimited energy, or should I save it for tomorrow's Monster Hunt? I could still get some free energy tonight without battling 4 monsters. if it helps, I actually have monsters on 2 different accounts. 1 is Lady Greselda (not really a monster, maybe?) for 99 energy, and the other is a Glimmer Golem for 90 energy. I know the Golem will drop tokens I could use in the Monster Hunt.

mymonta
12-22-21, 07:50 PM
The Bounty Hunter's Outpost counted as a Town Building when I collected from it for Weekday Warrior. It's confusing to me why it would be a town building but not the Temple of Storms.

I also activated a boost prior to starting Weekday Warrior. A lot of items show the little boost icon when I collect from them, but they don't actually give any more items than they do normally. I don't understand this, either.

RoyalBlue305
01-26-22, 08:20 PM
Well the dreaded WW Rollback just happened to me. Had 40 energy after the first round of Unlimited finished and started fighting a monster and poof the rollback hits and I lost all 40. Yay.

mymonta
01-26-22, 09:22 PM
Well the dreaded WW Rollback just happened to me. Had 40 energy after the first round of Unlimited finished and started fighting a monster and poof the rollback hits and I lost all 40. Yay.

Same here. I even waited out the last 20 seconds of my unlimited energy to make sure that my "liege" wasn't collecting any more items. She was just standing there for 20 seconds. It said I had 40 energy. Then after I used a few of the 40, it said I had 0. I always thought the problem was because I kept collecting until the last possible second and it just took it a while to catch up and see that I had used too much energy or something, but I guess that isn't the problem.

RoyalBlue305
01-28-22, 09:22 AM
Same here. I even waited out the last 20 seconds of my unlimited energy to make sure that my "liege" wasn't collecting any more items. She was just standing there for 20 seconds. It said I had 40 energy. Then after I used a few of the 40, it said I had 0. I always thought the problem was because I kept collecting until the last possible second and it just took it a while to catch up and see that I had used too much energy or something, but I guess that isn't the problem.

I'm not sure what the problem is except it's probably some type of potential authentication issue with the S8 server. When we do these WW boosts potentially the S8 authentication server gets overwhelmed with requests and it can't process all of them. So in other words it knows that the activities such as harvesting crops took place but it might not know which gamer account did the task so it just "rolls back" due to failed authentication in this secured platform. If the application wasn't working due to a coding error then we wouldn't be able to do the task such as harvesting in the first place. We can accomplish the task but it just doesn't know who to assign the energy "point" levels to. That's my guess.

mymonta
02-09-22, 08:49 PM
My game disconnected when I had over 3 minutes of unlimited energy back. Then when it reconnected it said I had 14 energy. At the minimum I should have had the 40 energy from a full energy refill that you get after the 10 minutes of unlimited e runs out. Like, seriously.