PDA

View Full Version : Making Music Event - 2020 Nov 4

judyandthecat
11-04-20, 03:33 PM
Isn't he handsome

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)

Where to Find Event Items
All Items are Random Drops
Piper's Sheet Music - Chocolatier
Piper's Recorder - Mine
Piper's Recorder - Lower Levels - Feed Mill
Piper's Music Notes - Crops
Morgan's Sheet Music - Deep Fryer
Morgan's Guitar - Fishing
Morgan's Guitar - Lower Levels - Kitchen
Morgan's Recorder - Planes
Lucas' Sheet Music - Apple Trees
Lucas' Saxophone - Passion Fruit Vines
Lucas' Music Notes - Pigs

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 8: Music Makers
Piper, let's dust off our instruments and get ready to play some cool music! I miss playing my favourite instruments!
Get 1 Piper's Music from the Chocolatier
Get 1 Piper's Recorder from the mine
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 nail, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 8: Music Makers
Uh Oh, this means I should practice, shouldn't I? I can't remember how to play
Have Farmer's Outpost
Get 10 Piper's Music Notes from Crops
Make 3 Piper Playing in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Recipe Piper Playing
10 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Sheet Music
1 Piper's Recorder
10 Piper's Music Notes

Goal 3 of 8: Music Makers
That's okay. We can practice together, it's the only way we'll get better as a group!
Make 10 Plane Deliveries
Get 2 Morgan's Sheet Music from Deep Fryer
Get 2 Morgan's Music Notes from Planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 screw, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 8: Music Makers
I can't wait, this is going to be funW what kind of music and w play first?
Get 1 Morgan's Guitar from fishing
Lower Levels from the Kitchen
Make 3 Morgan Playing in Farmer's Outpost

Recipe Morgan Playing
45 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
2 Morgan's Sheet Music
2 Morgan's Music Notes
1 Morgan's Guitar

Goal 5 of 8: Music Makers
Lucas, are you going to join us in our new band?
Get 1 Lucas Sheet Music from Apple Trees
Get 1 Lucas' Saxophone from Passion Fruit Vines
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Paint, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 8: Music Makers
Yes, I play music
Get 3 Lucas' Music Notes from Pigs
Make 3 Lucas' Playing in Farmer's Outpost
Make 1 Band Poster in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins,1 Plank, 3 experience points

Recipe Lucas' Playing
15 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Lucas' Sheet Music
1 Lucas' Saxophone
3 Lucas Music Notes

Recipe Bad Poster
1 Hour Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper Playing
1 Morgan Playing
1 Lucas Playing

Goal 7 of 8: Music Makers
Great, let's all get warmed up and practiced! Can't keep the public waiting!
Have the Wall of Sound
Put 1 Band Poster in the Wall of Sound
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 hammer, 3 experience points

Goal 8 of 8: Music Makers
Yay! It's time for a tour, let's make all of our friends and neighbours dance their cares away!
Turn in 23 Band Posters
Visit 20 Community Farmers
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Magazine Stand, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional) (if any)
My Favourite Band
Want more items? Get a Magazine Stand and collect Music Makers items from it!
Buy Music Stand - 250 gems from Market

My Favourite Band
Buy Magazine Stand - 250 gems

Event Prizes
Turn It Up
Can you get all prizes from Wall Of Sound? Make sure to keep your gear on!
Have Wall of Sound
Get Autumn Boom Box
Get Autumn Chicken Dance
Get Autumn Player Piano
Get Autumn Record Player
Get Autumn Spotlight
Get Flowers Dancing
Get Autumn Dancing Doll
Get Piggies Dancing
Get Music Note Path
Get Monkey Conductor - Exotic Pet - 1 square
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Music Stand - 250 gems

judyandthecat
11-04-20, 03:33 PM
Saved for event information

judyandthecat
11-04-20, 03:46 PM
Saved for event information

Paul__
11-04-20, 04:01 PM
This decorations are all new! Thank you Storm8 for giving us new prizes for older players.

Usually with the 7 day event they are just old prizes

Moissonor
11-04-20, 04:03 PM
If anyone has the little sqying for Goal 2 somehow I missed it

Have Farmer’s Outpost
Get 10 Piper’s Music Notes
Have 3 Piper Playing (Made in the Farmer’s Outpost)

judyandthecat
11-04-20, 04:08 PM
Have Farmer’s Outpost
Get 1 Piper’s Music Notes
Have 3 Piper Playing (Made in the Farmer’s Outpost)

Thank You

I wonder if we get a short leaderboard at nine tonight

Moissonor
11-04-20, 04:23 PM
Goal 3
Send 10 Deliveries in the Order Warehouse
Get 2 Morgan’s Sheet Music (from Deep Fryer)
Get 2 Morgan’s Music Notes (from Deliveries in the Warehouse)
200 coins, 1 screw and 3 experience point

jaielliesam
11-04-20, 04:29 PM
Lower level recorders come from feed mill

jaielliesam
11-04-20, 04:32 PM
Morgans guitar comes from the kitchen for lower levels.

The other bandmember
Sheets from the apple tree
Saxophone from the Passion Fruit Vine
Notes from the pigs.

Band poster is one of each band member.

TwixAndScones
11-04-20, 04:58 PM
I only really want The "Autumn dancing doll" just because she has a dress that kinda looks pink. I might place her in front of/near my princess flytrap if I get the doll depending on how it looks.

Natasha_07
11-04-20, 11:19 PM
Where are you guys seeing the 'turn it up' infographic, I don't have this.

Can someone please post this so I can see what the prizes look like and thank you.

TwixAndScones
11-05-20, 02:52 AM
Where are you guys seeing the 'turn it up' infographic, I don't have this.

Can someone please post this so I can see what the prizes look like and thank you.

Natasha_07
11-05-20, 06:20 PM

The 'flowers dancing' & 'autumn doll' are a recoloring of last Christmas' ones.

I don't like this event at all, I thought the items would be amazing but they are downright ugly.

What a disappointment! :(

Paul__
11-05-20, 07:27 PM
The 'flowers dancing' & 'autumn doll' are a recoloring of last Christmas' ones.

I don't like this event at all, I thought the items would be amazing but they are downright ugly.

What a disappointment! :(

I am honestly fine with this event. There are usually all old decorations that aren?t recolored and the event only lasts 7 days.

judyandthecat
11-05-20, 08:14 PM
The Conductor Monkey is an adorable, animated exotic pet!
He uses one square.
He cannot be stored but he is too cute to be put away!

Natasha_07
11-05-20, 08:30 PM
I am honestly fine with this event. There are usually all old decorations that aren?t recolored and the event only lasts 7 days.

I'm okay with old / recolored / new items, what I'm saying is that I find these items ugly but that's just my opinion.

Maybe others love them & that's great too. :cool:

TwixAndScones
11-05-20, 08:41 PM
He uses one square.

I have to win this! I was actually wondering what habitat it would go in earlier, because I though it was a regular pet. I'm now intrigued and will definitely try to turn in as many posters as I can to possibly win/attain it.

KojiMama
11-06-20, 03:31 AM
Does the magazine stand give stuff or is it just a decoration?

judyandthecat
11-06-20, 03:46 AM
Does the magazine stand give stuff or is it just a decoration?

My Favourite Band
Buy Magazine Stand - 250 gems

KojiMama
11-06-20, 04:43 AM
I know there’s a small reward. So the magazine stand is just a decoration that, should you buy it, is 250 gems.

judyandthecat
11-06-20, 05:46 AM
I know there’s a small reward. So the magazine stand is just a decoration that, should you buy it, is 250 gems.

No it gives items too!

My Favourite Band

You can buy it or it is also the reward in goal 8

A1ian0re
11-06-20, 08:41 AM
can we make the band posters and turn them in before we reach goal 8?

TwixAndScones
11-06-20, 10:50 AM
I finally fully upgraded my Farmer's Outpost, so my tactic is;

Creating 7 Morgan Playing, then create 7 Lucas' Playing, and lastly creating Piper Playing during the day. And creating the posters at night. So when I'm sleeping I have 7 posters being made, and when I wake up tomorrow I can turn in the 7 posters.

It's a new tactic but I think it may work best, at least for me.

So here's hoping I can get that conductor monkey and the dancing doll!

judyandthecat
11-06-20, 11:29 AM
can we make the band posters and turn them in before we reach goal 8?

I do mine in order because sometimes making the poster might take an items from goal you are on.
Once you reach goal 8 you can do everything in any order you want.

kmbwb
11-07-20, 05:14 AM
Is there a trick to getting recorders from the mine? I have wasted 15 pick axes and 10 shovels and I have gotten nothing!

judyandthecat
11-07-20, 08:04 AM
Is there a trick to getting recorders from the mine? I have wasted 15 pick axes and 10 shovels and I have gotten nothing!

I don't know what level your farm is so check the goal in your to do list.
Higher levels is the mine
Lower Levels from the Feed Mill

jaielliesam
11-07-20, 08:13 PM
The monkey prize is like the flytraps.

TwixAndScones
11-08-20, 10:57 AM
I'm not going to get the monkey, as like someone was saying in a previous thread that included the ghost in a jar pet.

It's sometimes of pure luck that someone gets the exclusive pet. Anyway, I'll keep going so I can at least say "I tried" to get It, even though I probably won't get it regardless.

The Autumn Dancing Doll seems rare, at least on my end. I've only got 1 out of the 19+ collections I've turned in.

I hope if nothing else, I'll at least get 1 more doll before this event comes to a close.

Freshte
11-08-20, 02:37 PM
Can someone explain why the new items look great in my storage but when I pull them out to my farm they change color? They have splotches of white...also are the pigs supposed to actually dance?

gdr4gon
11-08-20, 11:46 PM
Can someone explain why the new items look great in my storage but when I pull them out to my farm they change color? They have splotches of white...also are the pigs supposed to actually dance?

Yes! Me too. My chicken is half white and the record player is half invisible. It seems there is a problem with the graphics. And was also surprised the pigs don't dance, since the chicken does.

judyandthecat
11-09-20, 04:45 AM
Yes! Me too. My chicken is half white and the record player is half invisible. It seems there is a problem with the graphics. And was also surprised the pigs don't dance, since the chicken does.

I am playing on Apple and my items appear fine but no my pigs do not dance.
Are you playing on android?

TwixAndScones
11-09-20, 11:17 AM
Between today and part of tomorrow, I should have 10+12 more collections turned in. That means I will roughly have 40 turned in if I do. Luckily, I've revived the Dancing Dolls that I wanted. I'm hoping between these next 10-12 collections I turn in will get me that monkey or another Autumn Spotlight - but I doubt me getting the monkey. Regardless, I'm okay with this event. I wish the prizes were better but at least I found something worth my while in said collection.

I'm only missing two things from getting this collection finished; The Autumn Chicken Dance & Conductor Monkey. This is the closest I've been to finishing out a collection. But this time I've actually tried, which makes all the difference.

---

Also a question

To get the magazine stack, since I've already turned in 28 collections already, will I have to turn in an extra 23 collections to get it or will my collections already be counted?

gdr4gon
11-09-20, 12:19 PM
I am playing on Apple and my items appear fine but no my pigs do not dance.
Are you playing on android?

Hi, yes I'm playing on android.

judyandthecat
11-09-20, 01:24 PM
Between today and part of tomorrow, I should have 10+12 more collections turned in. That means I will roughly have 40 turned in if I do. Luckily, I've revived the Dancing Dolls that I wanted. I'm hoping between these next 10-12 collections I turn in will get me that monkey or another Autumn Spotlight - but I doubt me getting the monkey. Regardless, I'm okay with this event. I wish the prizes were better but at least I found something worth my while in said collection.

I'm only missing two things from getting this collection finished; The Autumn Chicken Dance & Conductor Monkey. This is the closest I've been to finishing out a collection. But this time I've actually tried, which makes all the difference.

---

Also a question

To get the magazine stack, since I've already turned in 28 collections already, will I have to turn in an extra 23 collections to get it or will my collections already be counted?

Collections start counting when you reached goal eight

judyandthecat
11-09-20, 01:28 PM
Hi, yes I'm playing on android.

I have reported this over.

Cartermamarose
11-09-20, 01:57 PM
I got him but cannot feed him! Howdo you access his food from the mill?
He uses one square.

ExcalS8
11-09-20, 03:03 PM
We've gone ahead and made some changes to the affected decorations on Android. The Dancing Piggies, however, are a stationary decoration.

TwixAndScones
11-09-20, 03:09 PM
Collections start counting when you reached goal eight

Thanks for letting me know!

Was actually hoping that even though I wasn't that far, the turn-ins I've already done would count towards it, but obviously it doesn't sound like it does. Will take this knowledge with me next event.

Freshte
11-09-20, 05:51 PM
We've gone ahead and made some changes to the affected decorations on Android. The Dancing Piggies, however, are a stationary decoration.

Thanks for working on this! I guess its only on android...The spotlight (white blotches) still doesn't work on android...either does the boombox (contorts in shape)...the dancing girl also has white blotches but she moves...and the musical tiles have dolphins on them when you put them out...not musical notes. The piano looks right and so do the dancing flowers...thanks again for fixing them.

Paul__
11-09-20, 10:57 PM
Thanks for working on this! I guess its only on android...The spotlight (white blotches) still doesn't work on android...either does the boombox (contorts in shape)...the dancing girl also has white blotches but she moves...and the musical tiles have dolphins on them when you put them out...not musical notes. The piano looks right and so do the dancing flowers...thanks again for fixing them.

Can you post a screenshot of the broken textures?

gdr4gon
11-10-20, 12:25 AM
My chicken and record player are still looking funny.

And I'm trying to upload a photo but can't :/

ExcalS8
11-10-20, 12:17 PM
If you're still seeing the warped images on Android, your device is probably still holding onto cached versions of those images, and you may need to clear your cache. To do that, go into the App Info for Farm Story 2 (long press on the icon).

Then, go into Storage & Cache.

From here you can clear the storage or the cache. Clearing the cache will request new images from the game server, while clearing storage will redownload everything the next time you launch the game. Your progress is retained in either case, so choose whichever you prefer. If you have a large board, though, it's recommended to do this over wifi because you'll be downloading a lot of assets.

lubok
11-10-20, 02:32 PM
If you're still seeing the warped images on Android, your device is probably still holding onto cached versions of those images, and you may need to clear your cache. To do that, go into the App Info for Farm Story 2 (long press on the icon).
Then, go into Storage & Cache.
From here you can clear the storage or the cache. Clearing the cache will request new images from the game server, while clearing storage will redownload everything the next time you launch the game. Your progress is retained in either case, so choose whichever you prefer. If you have a large board, though, it's recommended to do this over wifi because you'll be downloading a lot of assets.
Thank you! I had to clear my storage to get my images right. Clearing cache did not do the thing.

judyandthecat
11-10-20, 03:03 PM
Thank you! I had to clear my storage to get my images right. Clearing cache did not do the thing.

That's Fantastic!

TwixAndScones
11-10-20, 06:28 PM
My final tally of what I got from this event;

11 Flowers Dancing
7 Piggies Dancing
6 Autumn Dancing Doll
6 Autumn Spotlight
4 Autumn Record Player
4 Musical Note Path
2 Autumn Player Piano
2 Autumn Boom Box

I've turned in 42 posters and no pet, but hopefully by next event I'll get lucky.

I don't know what to do with half these items, so they will remain in storage aside from a few of the dancing dolls and maybe I'll also take out the musical note paths out of my cellar/storage when I can find a good spot for them.

Allie0105
11-10-20, 07:55 PM
Well now the event is over I wanted to express my disappointment. As with TwixAndScones I have submitted over 30 posters and have only managed to get 7 out of the 10 prizes. I’m hoping Storm8 may look at these events and decide on a possible different (additional) outcome. My suggestion is if a player submits x number they can purchase any prizes they are missing. I’m open to suggestions.

Allie0105
11-11-20, 04:39 PM
Could someone please tell me if the guitar fountain is still supposed to work after this event has finished? Mine is just sitting there. No water is flowing like usually happens at the end of the event. I have done a forced close and reopened as well as putting them away and then back out without success.

judyandthecat
11-11-20, 04:56 PM
Could someone please tell me if the guitar fountain is still supposed to work after this event has finished? Mine is just sitting there. No water is flowing like usually happens at the end of the event. I have done a forced close and reopened as well as putting them away and then back out without success.

Mine isn't doing anything. No water.

segelj
11-12-20, 10:22 PM
Fountain is still not working. I’m putting mine in storage. I don’t care for it much with the water feature.