PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fly Trap - 2020 Oct 14

Paul__
10-14-20, 06:41 PM
Princess Flytrap Leaderboard

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Jack O? Lantern Fountain - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Collect from your Hot Water Boiler - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 3 points
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Jack O? Lantern Fountain - 125 gems

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
400:Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: 5 Darts
800: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1,000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1,125: Giant Candy Corn
1,350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1,625: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1,900: Jack O? Lantern Fountain(NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
2,175: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2,450: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2,725: Pig in Candy
3,000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
3,225: Seahorse Pirate

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st place: Gold Winner - Princess Fly Trap and Gold Trophy
2nd place: Princess Fly Trap and Silver Trophy
3rd place: Bronze Trophy, Samuai Costume Diagram, 10 Expansion Permits
4th - 6th places: 10,000 coins, Samurai Costume Diagram, 5 Expansion Permits
7th - 12th places: 7500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
Consolation: 5000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event!

Paul__
10-14-20, 06:44 PM
placeholder

Paul__
10-14-20, 06:51 PM
@TwixAndScones - The team must’ve seen how much you love Fly Traps!!! Another Halloween Fly Trap, dressed up in a princess costume!!

Natasha_07
10-14-20, 08:37 PM
OMG! That flytrap princess is a thing of beauty...

I want that 'pig in candy' too!

TwixAndScones
10-14-20, 08:48 PM
I lowkey want to cry, and not in a good way :( I know I'm not going to win the 1st place flytrap unless I overload myself. I never win leaderboards that only go as long as a week.

TwixAndScones
10-14-20, 11:02 PM
Honestly, I may actually have to pay to win this if I even have a possible chance of winning.

I don't care about being 1st or 2nd or even having the trophies - I just want that flytrap which unfortunately places between 1st-2nd place.

Wouldn't even try paying to win if it weren't for the flytrap.

Will definitely still work hard for points, but I'm absolutely going to eventually get more fountains to help in my quest to finish out in first or second place.

caterpilar88
10-15-20, 10:36 AM
I m not a fan of flying traps, will stay away , wait for next lb

caterpilar88
10-15-20, 10:40 AM
I saw people if they like to win, they delivery all days long, every day, that make so high point without boost, I don?t have times to so much, plus not enough craft to delivery that make me spend so much gems to catch them in last day.

TwixAndScones
10-15-20, 10:49 AM
I bought 6 jack 'o lantern fountains. I will get a few one once I reach that specific milestones. I really hope I win the flytrap.

Here's a video of the animation of said fountain.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CFWBon9q03E

Someone is already paying to win also in mine, I will do my regular tactics also. Like completing multiple bus orders, planes, etc.

As that boosts my chances, the fountains won't purely/fully help if I were to only rely on that.

judyandthecat
10-15-20, 11:29 AM
I bought 6 jack 'o lantern fountains. I will get a few one once I reach that specific milestones. I really hope I win the flytrap.

Here's a video of the animation of said fountain.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CFWBon9q03E

Someone is already paying to win also in mine, I will do my regular tactics also. Like completing multiple bus orders, planes, etc.

As that boosts my chances, the fountains won't purely/fully help if I were to only rely on that.

I was wondering something about these Boost fountains....like all Leaderboard Boost items.
If you speed one up for five gems ...do all six speed up for that five gems?

Paul__
10-15-20, 11:33 AM
I was wondering something about these Boost fountains....like all Leaderboard Boost items.

When you speed up a boost fountain it will only speed up the one you spent gems one.

If you buy the x1.5 or x2 boost then you will get double the leaderboard points on everything that gives you points besides spin to win.

TwixAndScones
10-15-20, 11:54 AM

No, only just the 1 you speed-up. You have to pay 5 Gems for each you want to speed up.

I know I will only get 90 points from it every 2 hours, until I can get the free one they're offering which will then give me 105 every 2 hours. I'm not worried too much yet. It's just my tactic on possibly getting it.

judyandthecat
10-15-20, 11:54 AM
When you speed up a boost fountain it will only speed up the one you spent gems one.

If you buy the x1.5 or x2 boost then you will get double the leaderboard points on everything that gives you points besides spin to win.

Do you have more then one Fountain and have you tested?

judyandthecat
10-15-20, 11:55 AM
No, only just the 1 you speed-up. You have to pay 5 Gems for each you want to speed up.

I know I will only get 90 points from it every 2 hours, until I can get the free one they're offering which will then give me 105 every 2 hours. I'm not worried too much yet. It's just my tactic on possibly getting it.

Have you tested because I don't want to buy two items to test?

TwixAndScones
10-15-20, 11:57 AM
Have you tested because I don't want to buy two items to test?

???

judyandthecat
10-15-20, 12:04 PM
???

Boosting have you tested because I have seen a few players in past leaderboard events and they are yellow boosting and they have several fountains.
So I was wondering perhaps if you chose to speed up one fountain that maybe it speeds them all up.

judyandthecat
10-15-20, 02:21 PM
But what a great idea to buy extra boost fountains. If they ever put a cat that coughs up gems as a prize I can't even imagine how many Boost items I would buy. I love this game and if you really want a prize figure out a way to go after it like TwixAndScones has.

You have to keep us updated on your progress.

Paul__
10-15-20, 03:19 PM
Do you have more then one Fountain and have you tested?

Yes in the Rooster event a few years ago, but it may have changed since.

TwixAndScones
10-15-20, 08:04 PM
Ok, if I counted all fellow farm players that share the same leaderboard I do - only 2 of them have more than 1 Jack o' lantern fountain.

One player has 3, the other has 4 - Whilst I have 7.

I'm not going to get my hopes up since I'm only in 4th place. But I'll keep going.

The only way you can get something you want is by doing the work to get it.

Anyway, I will stop at no expense to get it unless I have to spend more than another 25 dollar iTunes card. As I've already spent 25 dollars USD today, my wife will not be happy if I spend more than that.

Wish me well that I get it! I could care less about any other pet in the game, but something about them flytraps... I would be sad if I don't get it, in all honesty.

judyandthecat
10-15-20, 08:06 PM
Ok, if I counted all fellow farm players that share the same leaderboard I do - only 2 of them have more than 1 Jack o' lantern fountain.

I'm not going to get my hopes up since I'm only in 4th place. But I'll keep going.

Anyway, I will stop at no expense to get it unless I have to spend more than another 25 dollar iTunes card. As I've already spent 25 dollars USD today, my wife will not be happy if I spend more than that.

Wish me well that I get it! I could care less about any other pet in the game, but something about them flytraps... I would be sad if I don't get it, in all honesty.

Crossing my fingers for you.
Keep us informed!

Natasha_07
10-15-20, 09:27 PM

Good luck! Hope you get your princess flytrap. :)

TwixAndScones
10-15-20, 09:51 PM
Two players in my leaderboard already have 3,000 points by rocket boosts, I have reached all my milestones and didn't even get a single point booster at all. I now have to work twice as hard. I only have 1,800 points :(

I'm now ranking 9th place and will continue to fall as the rest of the players get the rocket boosts that haven't already.

I just ate my words not long after posting that one post.

judyandthecat
10-16-20, 05:09 AM
Two players in my leaderboard already have 3,000 points by rocket boosts, I have reached all my milestones and didn't even get a single point booster at all. I now have to work twice as hard. I only have 1,800 points :(

I'm now ranking 9th place and will continue to fall as the rest of the players get the rocket boosts that haven't already.

I just ate my words not long after posting that one post.

Ok but remember if person that caught the rocket ride is not interested in the leaderboard prize once they got the milestone prizes they might not put much effort in.
I just caught a rocketride to that pumpkin fountain and that is the prize I wanted. I might even buy another one ...I am hoping they go in sale. It is so Halloween and so exquisite!
Keeping fingers crossed for you!

caterpilar88
10-16-20, 06:31 AM
I bought one fountain be4 n one on milestone 2 , last day speed up each x i got 60 point, ic why now, be4 I don?t understand why now i speed got 30 because only one fountain 😂

TwixAndScones
10-16-20, 07:16 AM
Ok but remember if person that caught the rocket ride is not interested in the leaderboard prize once they got the milestone prizes they might not put much effort in.
I just caught a rocketride to that pumpkin fountain and that is the prize I wanted. I might even buy another one ...I am hoping they go in sale. It is so Halloween and so exquisite!
Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Yeah, if I just admit defeat it's not going to get me that flytrap.

I'm now in 12th place, all but two or three people have reached all milestones. There's currently someone at 4,000 points but don't even have the fountain out. So I see them not sitting there for long. I currently get 105 points every two hours with them fountains. I have 2,100 points. I've got to remain optimistic, I think - if I want even the slightest chance of winning it.

I counted the first 5 people on the leaderboard and checked if they had the fountain on there farm, only 2 out of the 5 do. When I can use the 7 gem point booster within the next 2 hours, I see me at least getting between the 6th-4th spot again, if not a bit higher than that. Especially since I use the gem booster to its full potential and use.

The last 3 on my leaderboard that haven't reached the milestones don't look like they really care for this leaderboard event anyway. So maybe there is luck for me yet!

I'm personally not a big fan of the fountain, even though I have 7 of them. That's kinda ironic to say, but case in point - I only bought them to boost my chances of winning.

TwixAndScones
10-18-20, 12:20 PM
I cannot wait until this leaderboard is over, so it can end. I might get the flytrap but that's not why I want it to end.

I kinda feel a bit worn out from constantly trying to win something from the leaderboards. After this one ends I'll probably take a bit of a break on leaderboards - unless there's a diagram decoration frame or flytrap being offered. To re/charge myself back up.

Though I will admit, I'm in first place currently and the closest behind me (2nd place) has 800 points or so under me. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but it slightly is looking promising. But I am going to be optimistically and hopefully cautious, just so it isn't backfiring hugely.

From me being on this and doing the most to try to win, I was a level 31, now almost 32. If that doesn't show effort and dedication to try to win the flytrap, I don't know what will.

Natasha_07
10-18-20, 02:08 PM
I cannot wait until this leaderboard is over, so it can end. I might get the flytrap but that's not why I want it to end.

I kinda feel a bit worn out from constantly trying to win something from the leaderboards. After this one ends I'll probably take a bit of a break on leaderboards - unless there's a diagram decoration frame or flytrap being offered. To re/charge myself back up.

Though I will admit, I'm in first place currently and the closest behind me (2nd place) has 800 points or so under me. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but it slightly is looking promising. But I am going to be optimistically and hopefully cautious, just so it isn't backfiring hugely.

From me being on this and doing the most to try to win, I was a level 31, now almost 32. If that doesn't show effort and dedication to try to win the flytrap, I don't know what will.

If all players in your group have reached the final milestone, then I think you could easily win first place if you continue to craft items for points and collect from your multiple fountains.

Good luck! :)

A1ian0re
10-19-20, 04:52 AM
for some reason im really struggling to get the points for this leaderboard, last one i was getting 500/600 points a day now im struggling to get 200 and i only want the seahorse, tbh i dont like the flytraps, and only 1 person i can see has got a rocket boost to first place, as i have been 1st/2nd for whole event. im just not getting points from the spin at all or milestone chests :( dont think im going to get him now, only on 1,214 points and need double that

caterpilar88
10-19-20, 06:22 AM
Reason coz u in small not active group, and u first place then spin very hard ro win points, if u hit the leaderboard point box it give u a little points lol, ic when i spend playing high to win, next lb will put me in big with great player groups

judyandthecat
10-19-20, 09:55 AM
Reason coz u in small not active group, and u first place then spin very hard ro win points, if u hit the leaderboard point box it give u a little points lol, ic when i spend playing high to win, next lb will put me in big with great player groups

That is the reason I come in last in some leaderboards.

A1ian0re
10-19-20, 04:12 PM
I don?t understand, for first few days there were only 2 of us on leaderboard, then there is now 15 of us, a few others have now got boosts, and I have managed to get to 1,654 points today. I?ve not been playing as much as I did last time due to work but it does seem harder to get points somehow even if points from spin appear to be in same ball park. Hoping I will get a boost but if not I doubt I?m going to get seahorse as I?m at work tomorrow 11-5 :(

Paul__
10-19-20, 04:14 PM
I don?t understand, for first few days there were only 2 of us on leaderboard, then there is now 15 of us, a few others have now got boosts, and I have managed to get to 1,654 points today. I?ve not been playing as much as I did last time due to work but it does seem harder to get points somehow even if points from spin appear to be in same ball park. Hoping I will get a boost but if not I doubt I?m going to get seahorse as I?m at work tomorrow 11-5 :(

They may have started their leaderboard later than you. The leaderboard starts the first time you open your game after a new event begins.

A1ian0re
10-19-20, 04:18 PM
Ah ok I think I have done that before, does starting later mean you get the rocket boosts up the board? That?s what I?m confused on how come some players get boosts and others dont. I?ve been playing a little less than normal and not got one yet my mum who started same day as me playing more intense got the boost half way up milestones and got the seashore

TwixAndScones
10-20-20, 06:34 PM
I did good. I finished out in first place on my main farm, and 2nd in my other (less used) farm.

1st

2nd

It moves the same as a regular/standard flytrap, so I'm not going to post a video of it.

TwixAndScones
10-20-20, 06:38 PM
I did good. I finished out in first place on my main farm, and 2nd in my other (less used) farm.

1st

2nd

It moves the same as a regular/standard flytrap, so I'm not going to post a video of it.

It looks like princess peach! If only I had the venomous flytrap, as that looks like classic Piranha Plant in the Mario games.

judyandthecat
10-20-20, 06:52 PM
It looks like princess peach! If only I had the venomous flytrap, as that looks like classic Piranha Plant in the Mario games.

Congrats! I was thinking about you and hoping you won!

TwixAndScones
10-20-20, 07:07 PM
Congrats! I was thinking about you and hoping you won!

Yes, also the fountains brought home this win! At least on my main farm, my 2nd farm - I was just lucky.

Had I not bought them on my main farm, I probably wouldn't have won 1st place, let alone the flytrap, which is what I wanted most (the flytrap)

Tremendous W

Anyway (in all honesty) I hope they don't put a flytrap in first/second place again, it was stressful and very hard at times.

Paul__
10-20-20, 10:06 PM

1st

2nd

Congratulations! I know how much you love those flytraps!

TwixAndScones
10-21-20, 01:55 PM
I'm glad I got the flytrap, but the samurai diagram thing didn't look bad at all. Though in all fairness, I wouldn't trade my flytrap for anything else. It comes close to being one of my favourite flytraps, but the eyeball flytrap takes the cake. This month has really been flytrap month and I couldn't be more proud and happy of it, just because that is my favourite type of pet in the game. I now have 4 flytraps on my main farm and hope to add more to my collection as I continue to play. I just love the way them flytraps sway back and fourth!