PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Egypt Event - 2020 August 26

judyandthecat
08-26-20, 02:38 PM
A Royal Cat is one of the prizes!
Need I say more!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Read the goal in your to do list
3. When you finish the goal it disappears
4. New Goals appear at 5:30 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time

Collection Items
Day 1 - Bird Hieroglyphs- found by sending planes
...........Then putting excavation kit in the dig site
Day 2 - Snake Hieroglyphs- from pigs
Day 3 - Lion Hieroglyphs - from Windmill
Day 4 - Owl Hieroglyphs - from Sheep
Day 4 - lower levels from the kitchen
Day 5 - Man Hieroglyphs - from fishing
Day 5 - lower levels from the bakery
Day 6 - Woman Hieroglyphs - from Cider House
Day 7 - Child Hieroglyphs - from Farmers Outpost
Day 8 - Chick Hieroglyphs - from the mine
Day 9 - Scarab Hieroglyphs - from Almond Trees
Day 10 - King Hieroglyphs - from Studio

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Wow, it's hot! Are we in a desert are something? I wonder how the ancient Egyptians dealt with heat like this.
Make 5 plane deliveries
Get 3 Excavation Kits - random drop from planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Piper, have you seen how the ancient Egyptians write? It looks like little pictures?
Buy 1 Dig Site from the Market
Get 3 Bird Hieroglyphs (place excavation kit in dig site)

Goal 3 of 11: Ancient Egypt
I think you should find as many Hieroglyphics as possible, Piper. These look really neat!
Get 3 Snake Hieroglyphs from pigs

Goal 4 of 11: Ancient Egypt
I'm going to collect as many as I can find and put them up all over my treehouse!
Get 3 Lion Hieroglyphs from Windmill

Goal 5 of 11: Ancient Egypt
What kind of paper did the ancient Egyptians use? The paper that these hieroglyphics are on feel real crunchy.
Get 3 Owl Hieroglyphs from Sheep

Goal 6 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Get 3 Man Hieroglyphs from Fishing

Goal 7 of 11: Ancient Egypt
I want my own papyrus! Hey Lucas, can you make some for me?
3 Woman Hieroglyphs from the Cider House

Goal 8 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Give me the stuff, I'll crush it for your paper.
Get 3 Child Hieroglyphs from Farmers Outpost

Goal 9 of 11: Ancient Egypt
I've always been fascinated with how the ancient Egyptians would use hieroglyphics on all their architecture.
Get 3 Chick Hieroglyphs from the mine

Goal 10 of 11: Ancient Egypt
The buildings are nice, but I just want to dress up in that royal clothing!
Get 3 Scarab Hieroglyphs from Almond Trees

Goal 11 of 11: Ancient Egypt
I really love Ancient Egypt. The history alone is fascinating! I'm glad so much has survived that we can celebrate!
Get 3 King Hieroglyphs from the Studio

Side Goal (optional)
Goal 1 of 2: Ancient Mysteries
Missing some items? Turn your extra Ancient Egypt items into other items. You can make what you need for the Crocodile Pharaoh Collection.
Buy the Sphinx Monument - 165 gems

Goal 1 of 2: Dig, Dig, Dig
This chicken wants to find the lost pharaoh's tomb! Pass her an Excavation Kit to keep digging!
Buy 1 Archaeological Site from market - 20 gems - 1 time use
Make 1 Plane Delivery
Get 5 Excavation Kits from planes

Walk Like An Egyptian
If you turn in enough Ancient Egypt items to the Collections Gallery, I've got a new special friend for you!
Submit 5 Crocodile Pharaoh Collections to the Collections Gallery
REWARDS: 200 coins, Snake ?, 3 experience points

Event Prizes
Collect Them All
Can you get all of the prizes from the Collections Gallery? I've got a prize for you if you can!
Submit a Crocodile Pharaoh Collection to Collections Gallery
Collect 1 of each of the following prizes
Crocodile Pharaoh - pet
Fanning Chicken
Cow-Ankhamun
Pig-Opatra
Royal Cat
Ancient Pyramid
Obelisk
Sarcophagus
Egyptian Column
Tomb Wall
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
And a Snake for turning in five collections.
See Side Goal.
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Sphinx Monument - 165 gems
Archeological Site - 20 gems
Hieroglyphic Bait - 19 gems

judyandthecat
08-26-20, 02:39 PM
A Sphinx Building
Mine mine mine now
My Egyptian Corner has been started!
I bought the boost building!

Paul__
08-26-20, 04:22 PM
I just woke up from a nap to see a new event in my farm! This theme looks very nice.

TwixAndScones
08-26-20, 04:27 PM
I'm interested in the "Tomb wall" the most out of any of the prizes being offered. So I hope I win it once I am able to start turning in collections.

judyandthecat
08-27-20, 07:51 AM
Buy the Boost Building!
Ok I have a neighbour who is my go to person because she spends gems and turns in collections early.
I have bought the boost building!
The Sphinx Monument!
This will enable me to turn in more collections!
I took a picture on this persons farm of her Egyptian area.
The prizes from this event.
The Snake for turning in five collections is fantastic.
The CAT is animated too!
That wall oh my it is the best I have ever seen!
Feast your eyes on this picture.

Paul__
08-27-20, 10:13 AM
Buy the Boost Building!
Ok I have a neighbour who is my go to person because she spends gems and turns in collections early.
The Sphinx Monument!
The CAT is animated too!

hmm... The snake has the same animation as the old birthday snake from 2 years ago... I wasn’t lucky enough to get it from the spin to win, so now I will finally have a snake pet on my farm!

TwixAndScones
08-27-20, 02:28 PM
Buy the Boost Building!
The Sphinx Monument!
The CAT is animated too!

I am a bit envious of this player's Egyptian part of there farm. It looks marvelous! I so hope I get luck myself in getting some of the Tomb Walls, hopefully multiple as well.

judyandthecat
08-27-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 3
Get 3 Snake Hieroglyphs from pigs

PookieBear50
08-27-20, 03:00 PM
Buy the Boost Building!
The Sphinx Monument!
The CAT is animated too!

Almost makes me wish I could do something similar...but I'm not that lucky. At best, all I could do is create a East Asia section...I mean, I'm getting enough of the Tea Garden Fence sections from the spins :P Sigh.

judyandthecat
08-27-20, 04:34 PM
Almost makes me wish I could do something similar...but I'm not that lucky. At best, all I could do is create a East Asia section...I mean, I'm getting enough of the Tea Garden Fence sections from the spins :P Sigh.

That's why I bought the boost building early. I really want to create an Egyptian Corner like that.
These are some of the nicest decorations I have ever seen. I would like an Asia Section too.
We can do this pookiebear. Like that wall is so awesome. She didn't get the Crocodile pet yet but then again I am in love with the decorations so will be happy with every turn in.
Royal Cat come to me.

islanddoll1
08-28-20, 07:21 AM
Hi hi, so I'm still fairly new to events on FS and I have a question, what does "Submit the crocodile pharaoh collection" mean? What am I supposed to do here? Sorry in advance if it sounds dumb 😆

judyandthecat
08-28-20, 09:21 AM
Hi hi, so I'm still fairly new to events on FS and I have a question, what does "Submit the crocodile pharaoh collection" mean? What am I supposed to do here? Sorry in advance if it sounds dumb ��

Go to the Collections Gallery.
I am constantly checking to see how many I have of each item.
The reason you see ones in my collection that have not been released yet is because I bought the Sphinx Monument which is the boost building in this event. I am busy making event items which will allow me to have more collections.
The Collections Gallery is the building where you turn in butterfly and mole collections.
You will see a tab there for this event and a spot to turn in the collection.

judyandthecat
08-28-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 4
Get 3 Lion Hieroglyphs from the Windmill

judyandthecat
08-29-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 5 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Get 3 Owl Hieroglyphs from Sheep

TwixAndScones
08-30-20, 11:56 AM
Stormie was selling "Hieroglyphic Bait"

So I bought it. Is this for the event?

Paul__
08-30-20, 12:58 PM
Stormie was selling "Hieroglyphic Bait"

So I bought it. Is this for the event?

it might be for a future collection item that is from the fishing pond. I would recommend you hold onto it.

judyandthecat
08-30-20, 02:33 PM
Get 3 An Hieroglyphs from Fishing

just4thefun
08-30-20, 08:49 PM
it might be for a future collection item that is from the fishing pond. I would recommend you hold onto it.

I bought the special bait with gems, thinking it would help with the collection from the pond but all it gave me was one anchovy. I would have expected something a bit better than that. I don?t recommend buying this for gems!

Natasha_07
08-31-20, 04:42 AM
Man I wish those tea fences were instead ancient themed too, I love all the prizes and want all of them.

They are well designed and just in time for Halloween, I hope we can add some mummies and undead armies soon to this.

This theme has a lot of potential for HW, take note S8.

gdr4gon
08-31-20, 12:54 PM
For the farmers that have early collections, can u tell us where the last 5 collections come from? I think if u go to the collection center it will say there.
Please and thank u :)

driver1711
08-31-20, 01:57 PM
Should this be Man ?

driver1711
08-31-20, 02:08 PM
Get 3 An Hieroglyphs from Fishing

Should be Man Hieroglyphs

judyandthecat
08-31-20, 02:29 PM
Should be Man Hieroglyphs

Yep!

judyandthecat
08-31-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 7 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Get 3 Woman Hieroglyphs from the Cider House

TwixAndScones
08-31-20, 03:15 PM

I definitely will then. Hopefully it comes to good use.

Paul__
08-31-20, 04:45 PM
I definitely will then. Hopefully it comes to good use.

It is used to get the 5th item in the collections gallery

TwixAndScones
08-31-20, 05:04 PM
It is used to get the 5th item in the collections gallery

Realising I have to use the cider house to get a collectible item, I am just going to sit this out. Especially since I don't have the cider house, even though I have coins to build it, I don't want to yet.

But thank you for heads up!

losintime28
09-01-20, 10:24 AM
I need a hand, I?ve been working on getting the ?glyphs but day 5 is giving me a problem. It says I get the man glyph from the bakery but no matter what or how much I make in the bakery not one single glyph drops. Day 6 (so yesterday) I started getting the lady from the cider house and I get them regularly just like every other glyph that?s unlocked. So I got on here and find out that everyone else is getting the man glyphs from fishing so I tried that but it didn?t work either.
Anyone with an idea, please help me out!
Thank you!!

judyandthecat
09-01-20, 10:48 AM
I need a hand, I?ve been working on getting the ?glyphs but day 5 is giving me a problem. It says I get the man glyph from the bakery but no matter what or how much I make in the bakery not one single glyph drops. Day 6 (so yesterday) I started getting the lady from the cider house and I get them regularly just like every other glyph that?s unlocked. So I got on here and find out that everyone else is getting the man glyphs from fishing so I tried that but it didn?t work either.
Thank you!!

If you are a lower level farm then you get it from the bakery. Always check the goal in your to do list as it will tell you where to get the item. It is a random drop so make the shortest timed item.

judyandthecat
09-01-20, 01:25 PM
I turned in my first collection finally!
I got the Royal Cat!
He is one square and animated.
Love Love Love the kitty!

judyandthecat
09-01-20, 02:33 PM
Goal 8 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Get 3 Child Hieroglyphs from Farmers Outpost

losintime28
09-01-20, 04:03 PM
Ok thank you!!

judyandthecat
09-01-20, 04:07 PM
Ok thank you!!

Crossing my fingers that you are getting some to drop!
Random drops can be frustrating.

HuckleTown
09-02-20, 02:46 AM
Thank you!!

I am also having this issue, I used the bakery regularly for 2 days, including making lots of bread loafs. I finally gave up and baked 2 maple bread loafs that took 4 + hours each and still no glyphs.

What should I do? I've also fished and gotten nothing. My goal says bakery. I'm on the third day of no glyphs from the bakery.

driver1711
09-02-20, 04:47 AM
I am also having this issue, I used the bakery regularly for 2 days, including making lots of bread loafs. I finally gave up and baked 2 maple bread loafs that took 4 + hours each and still no glyphs.

What should I do? I've also fished and gotten nothing. My goal says bakery. I'm on the third day of no glyphs from the bakery.

It would seem to me that if you are getting glyphs from the cider house that you must have those needed for day 5. Go to your collection gallery and click on the far left symbol and you should be able to see those you have.

HuckleTown
09-02-20, 07:00 AM
It would seem to me that if you are getting glyphs from the cider house that you must have those needed for day 5. Go to your collection gallery and click on the far left symbol and you should be able to see those you have.
I don't have day 5 glyphs. I'm still on that goal because I have received 0 of the required 3 from the bakery. I've used the bakery ALOT in the past 50+ hours.

I haven't made anything in the cider house, what's the point if I can't get day 5 glyphs.

HuckleTown
09-02-20, 08:08 AM
I don't have day 5 glyphs. I'm still on that goal because I have received 0 of the required 3 from the bakery. I've used the bakery ALOT in the past 50+ hours.

I haven't made anything in the cider house, what's the point if I can't get day 5 glyphs.

driver1711
09-02-20, 08:54 AM

Sorry, I misread thinking you were getting items from the cider house like lostintime. You probably just need to follow Judy's advice and keep hammering away with the shortest time items.

HuckleTown
09-02-20, 02:29 PM
Sorry, I misread thinking you were getting items from the cider house like lostintime. You probably just need to follow Judy's advice and keep hammering away with the shortest time items.

No need to apologize. There is definitely something wrong, I have made 12 loaves of bread today and still haven't had a glyph drop. I've also made other things in the bakery today.

judyandthecat
09-02-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 9 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Get 3 Chick Hieroglyphs from the mine

Paul__
09-02-20, 02:34 PM
Check your markets, the Sphinx Monument is on sale for 73 gems (50% off!)

judyandthecat
09-02-20, 04:46 PM
Boost Buildings
Sphinx Monument
Why does Storm8 sell a boost building?
This is all my opinion!
It is a free game if every item was easy to get then they are not going to make money and they are going to cease to exist.
They offer a very nice fix for hard to get items!
A Boost Building ...available for gems.
You can seems or you can buy gems!
What is a Boost Building?
This building enables you to make event items that might be hard to get.
The first item is a give me. You can buy it in the newspaper!
There are going to be some items very easy to get. Items from the pigs and sheep.
You use these items to make hard to get items.
The building often goes on sale on about Day 8.
If I really like the decorations I don't wait for a sale that might not happen.
I buy it on the first day and I immediately start making future event items.
This way I can turn in collections early and you can be sure I am going to be able to turn in a lot lot lot more collections by buying this building. Being an avid cat person this Egypt event really appealed to me!
I am assured of getting the Snake from turning in five collections.
I really wanted the Snake! It will go with my Birthday Snake!
Most of the time for turning in five collections you will get an exotic or normal pet.
So basically the cost of the building is less then what you would pay for a pet in the market!
I love the game and I don't mind buying a building for an event. I have played this game for over six years.
It has provided hours of enjoyment!
To be exact 2,390 days of enjoyment for a very old lady!
Thank You Storm8.

TwixAndScones
09-02-20, 08:11 PM
Boost Buildings
Sphinx Monument
This is all my opinion!
It is a free game if every item was easy to get then they are not going to make money and they are going to cease to exist.
There are going to be some items very easy to get. Items from the pigs and sheep.
This way I can turn in collections early and you can be sure I am going to be able to turn in a lot lot lot more collections by buying this building. Being an avid cat person this Egypt event really appealed to me!
Most of the time for turning in five collections you will get an exotic or normal pet.
So basically the cost of the building is less then what you would pay for a pet in the market!
I love the game and I don't mind buying a building for an event. I have played this game for over six years.
Thank You Storm8.

I agree. Going forward in the collection turn in events like this (if I haven't already spent a lot of money on iTunes already) I will buy the boost buildings to avoid the harder task at hand trying to get the actual collection items.

I'm glad that they offer these! Much easier than it would be without the boosted buildings.

Paul__
09-02-20, 10:37 PM
Boost Buildings
Sphinx Monument
This is all my opinion!
Thank You Storm8.

This is exactly how I feel.

I used to buy all the boosts but now I am saving up gems and slowly buying / earning enough gems to be able to get a Show Pony if they go on sale during Black Friday.

I don?t even want to know how much I?ve spent on my farm over the years. But, I?m glad to support the game. Over 7 years for me...2,645 days...

I?m happy Storm8 is still supporting this game with updates after 7 years despite the fact that a pandemic is going on and i?m sure it is harder to work as a team given everyone is apart from each other.

judyandthecat
09-03-20, 02:33 PM
Goal 10 of 11: Ancient Egypt
Get 3 Scarab Hieroglyphs from Almond Trees

KojiMama
09-03-20, 03:25 PM
I put this post in the wrong thread. The 9/11 goal pop up for the mine is popping up like once every minute. If the mine would drop I’d clear that goal but the mine won’t drop. Can we stop that pop up please?

judyandthecat
09-03-20, 06:27 PM

You can collect days you are not on so you should be doing the Cider house etc.

I have a baby farm and I tested the Bakery with bread.
Drop rate is very very low but it does work.

judyandthecat
09-03-20, 06:42 PM
The Tomb Wall is awesome.
It has a different picture on the opposite side.
Impressive Storm8!

judyandthecat
09-04-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 11

Paul__
09-05-20, 02:25 AM
Okay so the Crocodile can live with the Kuda in the Baobab Tree if you have it from the event a few weeks ago.

It doesn?t say this on the back of the card.

Ok tested it on the snake and it also goes in the Baobab Tree

Minimalio
09-05-20, 09:46 AM
Goal 11

islanddoll1
09-06-20, 12:28 PM
My sugar spinner and deep fryer are very stingy with drops. Only got 1 from each of them so far and I'm trying my best to constantly keep them working in hopes it'll give me something but nothing! Its frustrating to say the least.

Paul__
09-06-20, 01:31 PM
My sugar spinner and deep fryer are very stingy with drops. Only got 1 from each of them so far and I'm trying my best to constantly keep them working in hopes it'll give me something but nothing! Its frustrating to say the least.

Some drops are harder to get than others and this is intentional. You can get the Sphinx Monument in the market for 73 gems to convert the event items if you want.

After the event is over, you get to keep it as a decoration too!

HappyBunny09
09-06-20, 03:59 PM
is the mine broken.?? I’ve been spending a lot of shovels and pick axes over the last couple of days and still nothing not even 1..

Paul__
09-06-20, 04:01 PM
is the mine broken.?? I’ve been spending a lot of shovels and pick axes over the last couple of days and still nothing not even 1..

What level are you on? For lower levels you may get the item from a different area.

Also, you get the drop AFTER closing the mine. Make sure to leave the mine (click the X button) after each attempt then reopen it by tapping it.

DaphneGlass
09-07-20, 12:53 PM
I have the raccoon and he is super cute, though I cannot get another wildlife den, where else can I house him xx

Paul__
09-07-20, 12:56 PM
I have the raccoon and he is super cute, though I cannot get another wildlife den, where else can I house him xx

You can put him in the Rescue Pen.

DaphneGlass
09-07-20, 11:22 PM

Ok, thanks, I’ll try when back in the game, but think I am maxed out with them too, now to try, will let ya know ����

DaphneGlass
09-07-20, 11:30 PM

Just checked, already have 2 rescue pens, it says I’ve reached my limit, huh ��

Paul__
09-07-20, 11:38 PM
Just checked, already have 2 rescue pens, it says I’ve reached my limit, huh ��

Unfortunately, you can only have two Rescue Pens. (If you do not have them out on your farm they may be in your cellar)

DaphneGlass
09-08-20, 06:43 AM
Unfortunately, you can only have two Rescue Pens. (If you do not have them out on your farm they may be in your cellar)

I will move a few around to another den, or pen, or whatever, then make room for the raccoon, might have a dabble, see what I can do, I’ll let you know as it may help others ;)

DaphneGlass
09-08-20, 07:00 AM

Ah right, now then lol, after a few trials, I discovered the painted Dalmatian I had with other furries in one of the rescue pens, can go in one of the dog type houses, kinda figures really but because it was where it was, I assumed it was a special and had to be in a rescue pen. So if anyone has that painted Dalmatian taking up a spot for the raccoon, the Dalmatian is easy to transfer leaving a space for the lil raccoon but make sure you have space in the dog type house, hope this helps others :)

09-10-20, 04:53 AM
Sphinx Monument asks for Upgrade. What will I get after?

judyandthecat
09-10-20, 06:17 AM
Sphinx Monument asks for Upgrade. What will I get after?

The event is over.
Upgrading just gave more slots for making event items.
It is a decoration only now!

Paul__
09-10-20, 06:35 AM
You will likely lose parts if you upgrade it. The building has no function anymore since the event is over.