PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillar Leaderboard - 2020 June 24

judyandthecat
06-24-20, 02:37 PM
A caterpillar is the First Place Prize
I love the Milestone Grand Prize!
A Bug Hunting Frog

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Bug Fountain - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Collect from your Hot Water Boiler - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 3 points
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Bug Fountain - 125 gems

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1000: 5 Darts for Piper's Treehouse
1400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1800: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
2250: Bug Diagram
2700: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
3250: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
3800: 1 Bug Fountain (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
4350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
4900: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
5450: 1 Bug Terrarium
6000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
6500: Bug Hunting Frog

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st place: Gold Winner - Caterpillar and Gold Trophy
2nd place: Caterpillar and Silver Trophy
3rd place: Bronze Trophy, Bug Hunter Scarecrow, 10 Expansion Permits
4th - 6th places: 10,000 coins, Bug Hunter Scarecrow, 5 Expansion Permits
7th - 12th places: 7500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
Consolation: 5000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

judyandthecat
06-24-20, 02:37 PM
Saved for event information

gc0912
06-24-20, 04:05 PM
The leader in my group has over 6,500 points already less than 2 hours in!

judyandthecat
06-24-20, 04:15 PM
The leader in my group has over 6,500 points already less than 2 hours in!

When I get on a board like that I just concentrate on getting the Milestone Prizes.
The Bug Hunting Frog really looks nice.

NElove6
06-25-20, 08:40 AM
No changes to the Leader Board event. Same old points from same old farming, same old milestones. Seems our voices are not being heard.

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 09:40 AM
My Take on the Leaderboard
1. They always do another event at the same time so you can choose not to play the leaderboard but you still have an event to do.
2. There is always prizes for completing the milestones. They give the Boost item for free and usually a pet. These goals are achievable by just Farming. Spin the Wheel, pigs, make cornstarch, keep my Dehydrator and Cider House going full tilt. Send some delivery trucks.
3. Sometimes I get lucky and win the major prize. If a few players start boosting right from the beginning and jump way out in the lead then I just concentrate on achieving the Milestone Prizes. Quite often them being way out in the lead gives me better spins on the wheel.
4. I like that that we know what machines are going to be used and I have them full and ready to collect.

My Opinion on why there are Leaderboards.
Why do they sell Leaderboard points!
To pay the bills plain and simple. It is the end of the month and there are employees to be paid, overhead expenses, etc
Are they greedy? No they are staying afloat. Period. Survival in a cutthroat business.
Some events are going to be gimmes like the Last Event.
Almost everyone received the prize by jut watching the newspaper and doing the goals.
But if every event was a gimme then Storm8 would cease to exist.
Leaderboard I am thinking is likely a huge money maker because players that go to work every day suddenly have the opportunity to buy their way to the top.
But then on the flip side you have the crowd that with not much to do play a lot of hours ...suddenly they find their lead gone because someone in their group bought points. And yes it is frustrating but try to look at it this way...
Those players that bought points just injected a huge amount of money into the company and that my friend is what allows a lot of players to play for free and keeps the game going.
In a leaderboard only ten percent of the players is going to win the grand prize.
There are milestone prizes to be won by everyone.

I want this game to continue. I have played it for many years.

Judy

Peggyg723
06-25-20, 02:45 PM
Thank you Judy! I used to be a free player but now allow myself a small gem budget to help keep the game going... without leaderboards and other events I'd be bored to tears just farming. I really look forward to the events and pick and choose which prizes I'm willing to splurge some gems for.. I may spend a few dollars a month,less then the cost of a lunch out, and usually skip a month here and there.. its not going to break me and I would waste much more money on amazon if I wasn't so busy bribing my chickens!

Natasha_07
06-25-20, 04:18 PM
I like the bug hunting frog with that hat. :)

TwixAndScones
06-30-20, 12:07 PM
You know, I shouldn't celebrate already - BUT, I am in first place and have been since I've started this leaderboard event.

I'm impressed, though I shouldn't get excited as there still is about a little over 7 days left. But this is the longest running time I've stayed in first place, so how could I not? (Though this may backfire, from me already celebrating my victory)

No one is close to catching up, but that doesn't mean someone won't. But I'm still celebrating my small victory for now!

judyandthecat
06-30-20, 12:58 PM
You know, I shouldn't celebrate already - BUT, I am in first place and have been since I've started this leaderboard event.

I'm impressed, though I shouldn't get excited as there still is about a little over 7 days left. But this is the longest running time I've stayed in first place, so how could I not? (Though this may backfire, from me already celebrating my victory)

No one is close to catching up, but that doesn't mean someone won't. But I'm still celebrating my small victory for now!

Crossing fingers for you. The caterpillar is really cute but I am in third spot but I love the frog so I am trying my best to get to the end of the milestones.

TwixAndScones
07-05-20, 10:30 AM
Crossing fingers for you. The caterpillar is really cute but I am in third spot but I love the frog so I am trying my best to get to the end of the milestones.

Thank you, best of luck to you also!

---
Anyway. I got my fountain 3 or so days ago, from reaching a milestone. Personally, while there is still just a bit over 2 days left - I don't think I'll have luck reaching another milestone, or even if I do, I probably won't reach more than 1 more.

I do like the frog wearing the bucket (looking) hat. But, for me, I wouldn't be too sad if I don't get it. As the caterpillar (that I assume I will get) will probably remain in storage.

The only thing I think I'll really place, would be that trophy, if I do still win it and still stay in 1st place.

This will be the first trophy i May win. Which is impressive, to me.

But regardless, I cannot wait to see what next leaderboard has. I'm always looking to new leaderboard events! :)

kittyhugs
07-05-20, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I am hoping you can help me. In the current Caterpillar Leaderboard, I have exceeded the 6500 leaderboard points to earn the Bug Hunting Frog, in fact I am over 7,000 LB points; however, the Bug Hunting Frog is not in my cellar.

My devices are an iPad Air 2 IOS Version 13.5.1 and an iPhone XR IOS Version 13.5.1
My farm name is: 8 maybe 9 spaces before my farm name which is maggie, pink bow emoji, may (no spaces). I am a Level 92.
Game version FNDA7R
What I was doing: I was playing the game and when the milestone prize popped up, I tapped collect. I did not immediately place the pet on my farm and thought I would be able to do so at a later time. The challenge is still ongoing, and I was placing other pets from the event on my farm, and I noticed that the Bug Hunting Frog is not in my cellar.
I would very much appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

PookieBear50
07-06-20, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I am hoping you can help me. In the current Caterpillar Leaderboard, I have exceeded the 6500 leaderboard points to earn the Bug Hunting Frog, in fact I am over 7,000 LB points; however, the Bug Hunting Frog is not in my cellar.

My devices are an iPad Air 2 IOS Version 13.5.1 and an iPhone XR IOS Version 13.5.1
My farm name is: 8 maybe 9 spaces before my farm name which is maggie, pink bow emoji, may (no spaces). I am a Level 92.
Game version FNDA7R
What I was doing: I was playing the game and when the milestone prize popped up, I tapped collect. I did not immediately place the pet on my farm and thought I would be able to do so at a later time. The challenge is still ongoing, and I was placing other pets from the event on my farm, and I noticed that the Bug Hunting Frog is not in my cellar.
I would very much appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Have you tried force-closing and reopening your app? After that, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?

kittyhugs
07-06-20, 09:17 AM
Yes, I have tried force-closing and reopening the farm story 2 app, and uninstalling and re-installing the app several times on both devices. Unfortunately, still no Bug Hunting Frog is in my cellar. Currently, I have 7,252 leaderboard points.

I appreciate your assistance and am hoping for a resolution.

judyandthecat
07-06-20, 12:31 PM
Yes, I have tried force-closing and reopening the farm story 2 app, and uninstalling and re-installing the app several times on both devices. Unfortunately, still no Bug Hunting Frog is in my cellar. Currently, I have 7,252 leaderboard points.

I appreciate your assistance and am hoping for a resolution.

Not sure if something can be done but will alert someone that might be able to help.

Peggyg723
07-06-20, 02:41 PM
I did not get the frog either.. have 8998 points.

kittyhugs
07-06-20, 05:38 PM
I remember several instances when mistakes were made that did not benefit Storm 8 and Team Lava and items were removed from individual’s farms and bakeries. At one time, you could buy as many bait shops that you wanted. When they found out about the issue, the additional bait shops were removed from the individuals’ farms that had purchased them and their money was refunded. On Bakery Story, for the second time when the gem dispensers became available for sale for 230 gems apiece, goodness, some players bought more than 40 of them. Storm 8 decided they had made a mistake placing them up for sale, and removed the purchased gem dispensers from the bakeries that had purchased them and refunded the gems. If these actions can be done on thousands of farms and bakeries, surely it isn’t asking too much to place one little Bug Hunting Frog in the cellar of the players that have worked hours and hours for almost two weeks to earn the milestone prize. Your efforts to make this right for the players that have earned the Bug Hunting Frog, I’m certain would be greatly appreciative.

petfurall
07-07-20, 04:31 PM
I received the frog in my cellar. It says it can go in several of the habitats I have. However when I try to drag it, I get an error message that he requires a Gentle Gazabo which costs 500 diamonds. Are you kidding me?
Please fix this glitch if we are expected to fork over 500 diamonds just to enjoy the frog.

PookieBear50
07-07-20, 04:53 PM
I received the frog in my cellar. It says it can go in several of the habitats I have. However when I try to drag it, I get an error message that he requires a Gentle Gazabo which costs 500 diamonds. Are you kidding me?
Please fix this glitch if we are expected to fork over 500 diamonds just to enjoy the frog.

This is not a glitch.

If you have one of those habitats out on your farm and there is space available in it, you will not receive that message. Instead, the screen will slide to that habitat and you will have the big yellow arrow pointing at the habitat.

However, if you do not have any of the habitats out, or you do and there is no space for your frog, you will get the message that you need the Gentle Gazebo.

TwixAndScones
07-07-20, 06:42 PM
I finished in 1st place, like I had started out in.

I did manage to get the frog, which I really didn't think I would be able to reach and earn.

I also got the caterpillar, but for now, I don't have the space. So I'll leave both in storage, but my trophy, is out of the storage and displayed!

I'm so happy winning that, especially since that is the first trophy I've ever won.

judyandthecat
07-07-20, 06:43 PM
I finished in 1st place, like I had started out in.

I did manage to get the frog, which I really didn't think I would be able to reach and earn.

I also got the caterpillar, but for now, I don't have the space. So I'll leave both in storage, but my trophy, is out of the storage and displayed!

I'm so happy winning that, especially since that is the first trophy I've ever won.

Congratulations!

PookieBear50
07-07-20, 07:28 PM
Made it to 10th place. I'm not going to complain, because I honestly didn't do much to get there. I just spun and collected, and spun and collected...which is what most players do, so nothing special, just luck. Got the Bug Eating Frog, so I'm happy.

One thing: the glitch with the Fountain boost continues to be an issue (has been for some time now). When attempting to collect points, if my Barn is full, I cannot collect anything because for some reason the boost points are being identified as collection items, even if they do not count as such. I don't know why it should be this way, but it is. I mentioned this a couple of years ago to Rynetory2, during one of the earlier Leaderboard events, but I guess nothing has been done to resolve it. Or, perhaps, nothing CAN be done. Still, just thought I'd mention it.

JustKay
07-07-20, 08:26 PM
The caterpillar is so small. I think he might be the smallest pet I have. I guess it does look better small. Any larger and it?d look like something out of Alice & the wonderland

TwixAndScones
07-08-20, 08:27 AM
The crawlers hollow and another habitat unlocked for me last night. I'm glad I can now purchase the crawlers hallow, because I prefer that more than the jungle falls one. Which is where I could also place my caterpillar - but, I may just buy the jungle falls one, even though it'll remain in storage, for now - because my bug hunting frog still needs it. I just wished I could place my frog in the crawlers hollow, like I can with the caterpillar. But from the discription or info card on the frog, it didn't say anything about the crawlers hollow.

TwixAndScones
07-08-20, 09:52 AM
I got to finally place my crawlers hollow and caterpillar!

In my little donkeys house garden!

Anyway.

Now that I've finally got to place it, I do agree with @JustKay - it's a bit too small.

If and when I can expand again, I'll buy the jungle falls and place my frog I've also earned, too.

Or even the exotic enclosure. I just need over 18 land deeds, to do so. Not going to be easy,, but I'll expand again soon, or as soon as I can to also place my frog. As this is the first time I've earned two pets from a leaderboard event.

Peggyg723
07-08-20, 01:18 PM
Kitttyhugs - did you receive the frog yet? I stiill have not.. did get my caterpillar though.

Peggyg723
07-08-20, 01:22 PM
how do i contact support for my frog?

judyandthecat
07-08-20, 02:00 PM
how do i contact support for my frog?

Post under bugs and issues

https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?215-Farm-Story-2-Bugs-amp-Issues

Peggyg723
07-08-20, 03:32 PM
thanks Judy

kittyhugs
07-08-20, 05:16 PM
No, I did not.

judyandthecat
07-08-20, 05:29 PM
No, I did not.

Please post in Peggy's thread in bugs and issues.
Link above