PDA

View Full Version : Bug Catching Bonanza Event - 2020 June 24

judyandthecat
06-24-20, 02:32 PM
A Beautiful Firefly

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248486&viewfull=1#post1248486

Collection Items
Day 1 - Ladybug
send planes to get Bug Net then buy Bug Bush from Market and use Bug Net on Bush
Day 2 - from Firefly - pops up like a butterfly
Day 3 - from Chickens
Day 4 - from Bed and Breakfast
Day 4 - LOWER LEVELS from the Kitchen
Day 5 - from Fishing
Day 5 - LOWER LEVELS from the Deep Fryer
Day 6 - from Passion Fruit Vines
Day 7 - from Dehydrator
Day 8 - from Mine
Day 8 - LOWER LEVELS from the Sugar Spinner
Day 9 - from Apple Trees
Day 9 - LOWER LEVELS from the Cocoa Trees
Day 10 - from JUICER
Day 10 - LOWER LEVELS from the Chocolatier

Event Prizes
Collect Them All!
Can you get all of the prizes from the Collections Gallery? I've got a prize for you if you can!
Turn in 1 Firefly Collection
Get Firefly
Get Ant Picnic
Get Fluttering Butterflies
Get Firefly Jar
Get Chicken Catching Bugs
Get Butterfly Box
Get Bug Statue
Get Blossom Chrysalis
Get Summer Bug Zapper
Get Jewel Beetle Pig
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
Bug House - 165 gems
Bug Catching Cow - 20 gems - 1 time use
Bug Bait - 19 gems

Goals (if any)
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
This summer has got us bugging out! Lots of nice bugs have be*** visiting the farm. We should grab a bug net to see what bugs are here!
Make 5 plane deliveries
Get 3 Bug Nets - random drop from planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
We've got a bunch of these bushes that seem like they are great for bugs! grab the bug net and get catching!
Buy 1 Bug Bush from the Market
Get 3 Ladybugs

Goal 3 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
This time of year also gives us some really cool bugs! Dragonflies and Fireflies are plentiful around this time! I've always found that if you can find one you can usually find the other!
Get 3 Dragonflies from the Firefly
Pops up on farm like butterflies do

Goal 4 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
These little horned bugs are known for their unique shapes and sizes! Watch out, they are strong!
Get 3 Rhino Beetles from Chickens

Goal 5 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
What's that sound? I think it's a Cicada. Let's go find some of these loud clicking bugs!
Get 3 Cicada from Bed and Breakfast
LOWER LEVELS from the Kitchen

Goal 6 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
These little bugs love to hang out on water. It's like they are little ice skaters, but without ice!
Get 3 Pond Skaters from fishing

Goal 7 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
When you think of moths, you don't usually think of something this pretty. The Luna Moth has a large wingspan and is known for it's beautiful colour.
Get 3 Luna Moths from Passion Fruit Vines

Goal 8 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
Speaking of moths, the Saddleback Caterpillar is the larval phase of a different moth. It's bright, uniquely coloured, and has a really interesting shape. Looks like it's ready for a ride!
Get 3 Saddleback Caterpillars from the Dehydrator

Goal 9 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
This humble, ubiquitous ant. Found all around the world. Strong, small, and comes in various shapes and colours! An ant can carry 50 times it's own weight!
Get 3 ants from the mine

Goal 10 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
These unusually shaped insects typically have large and elaborate head ornaments. Some treehoppers work with other insects, like ants. They use them for protection while being harvested for honeydew!
Get 3 Treehoppers from the Apple Trees

Goal 11 of 11: Bug Catching Bonanza
Who can forget about our friends, the bee! Harvesting pollen and making honey, while keeping our flowers blooming! Remember, save the bees!
Get 3 Honey Bees from JUICER

Side Goal (optional)
Goal 1 of 2: Who's Bugging Whom
This cow wants to join the big catching fun. Pass her a net to get catching!
Get 1 Bug Catching Cow - 20 gems from Market
Make 1 Plane Delivery
Get 5 Bug Nets

Full of Nooks and Cranny's!...
Missing some items? Turn your extra Bug Catching Bonanza items into other items. You can make what you need for the Firefly Collection!
Buy Bug House - 165 gems

The Spirit of Summer
If you turn in enough Bug Catching Bonanza items to the Collections Gallery, I've got a new special friend for you!
Submit the Firefly Collection 5 times
REWARDS: 200 coins, pet, 3 experience points

judyandthecat
06-24-20, 02:33 PM
Things to Remember:
1. New Goals appear at 5:30 pm Eastern Time
2. Drops are random
3. Buy the Bug House if you can.
This boost item allows you to take an event item and turn it into a different event item.
Very important beings some machines at the end become stingy!
4. No one knows what machine or tree is going to give the new day's event item.
Be ready. Make sure trees, animals and machines are ready for collection at release time.
5. Have a question? Ask? We have some very experienced farmers with answers.

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 03:13 AM
Ok I have bought the Bug House and it is animated when working with some bugs flying around it. Oh please let it stay animated when the event ends.

A neighbour of mine has already turned in a bunch of collections and the prizes are some of the best I have ever seen.

The pet is a group of four fireflies living in the Backwoods Bayou.
The ant picnic is animate with ants marching around a picnic.
The fluttering butterflies is animated and only one square so would make a gorgeous summertime fence.
The Firefly Jar is animated with three fireflies flying around inside it and is also only one square.

For me buying the Bug House now instead of waiting for it to go half price is going to greatly increase my chances to get those fireflies! they flit around turning circles...they are beyond cute! Thank You Storm8

caterpilar88
06-25-20, 08:42 AM
What is the main prize of the event?

tsumtsum27
06-25-20, 09:06 AM
Ok I have bought the Bug House and it is animated when working with some bugs flying around it. Oh please let it stay animated when the event ends.

A neighbour of mine has already turned in a bunch of collections and the prizes are some of the best I have ever seen.

The fluttering butterflies is animated and only one square so would make a gorgeous summertime fence.
The Firefly Jar is animated with three fireflies flying around inside it and is also only one square.

For me buying the Bug House now instead of waiting for it to go half price is going to greatly increase my chances to get those fireflies! they flit around turning circles...they are beyond cute! Thank You Storm8

Oooohhhh I want them all

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 09:14 AM
What is the main prize of the event?

All prizes are listed in post 1.

Ther are two pets and decorations of which some are animated.

spring_peeper
06-25-20, 10:09 AM

How has your neighbour turned in a bunch of collections when only one collection item has been released?

logansmil
06-25-20, 12:05 PM
How has your neighbour turned in a bunch of collections when only one collection item has been released?

Good question!!

justmine2
06-25-20, 01:36 PM
Spent gems would be my guess

justmine2
06-25-20, 01:37 PM
2 pets?

logansmil
06-25-20, 01:49 PM
Spent gems would be my guess
Yes, one from collect them all and one for turning in 5 collections.

Good luck all

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 02:04 PM
It's simple You buy the Bug House which I did too!
Drops from planes are plentiful in the paper.
I have been making ones ahead but you can speed up by using gems.

Inside of Bug House. Bottom shows all the bugs!
I can make them all now.

This is what I have made so far with the Bug House. Hoping to turn my first collection in tomorrow.

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 02:17 PM
2 pets?

Yes you can win the fireflies which is a luck item.
You can also win the butterfly fairy GNOME (don't know exact name)
By turning in five collections.
I have made sure I will have five collections by buying Bug house.

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 02:35 PM
Goal 3
Get 3 Dragonflies fro the Firefly
Pops up on farm like butterflies do

linborg
06-25-20, 02:54 PM
I just lost 45 stars and I don?t know why!!! They are so hard to get! I am so angry! I accidentally touched the button and bingo, gone!!! There should be a warning like do you really want to spend x number of points!!!! This is a big flaw with this game!!! I?m psssssst!

ankavale1000
06-25-20, 03:04 PM
Still debating whether I should buy Bug House.
Day 10 is probably very very bad (studio or juicer, guessing here)
Day 9 usually a crop, apples 8 hr turn around (longest), passion vine botanical garden almond trees not too bad
Day 8 is either Fish or Mine (mining is the worst)

So more likely than not, I’m counting on Day 6 or 7 for Bug House.

I really like the prizes this round, wouldn’t mind having doubles or triples.

Natasha_07
06-25-20, 04:16 PM
I don't like bugs but the butterfly gnome looks nice as well as the blossom chrysalis, it would've been nice to have some lanterns as a prize.

Maybe next time.

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 04:30 PM
I don't like bugs but the butterfly gnome looks nice as well as the blossom chrysalis, it would've been nice to have some lanterns as a prize.

Maybe next time.

I wish they would of made Firefly Paths too.
I love Paths

KewlMusic
06-25-20, 06:28 PM
I?m on the 3rd goal and not once has the firefly appeared on my farm.

I zoom in and out, have collected all my animals to eliminate any movement, but to no avail.

Any help, please?

The fireflies have finally appeared! YAY! 😃

judyandthecat
06-25-20, 06:41 PM
I’m on the 3rd goal and not once has the firefly appeared on my farm.

I zoom in and out, have collected all my animals to eliminate any movement, but to no avail.

Any help, please?

This post is from a previous event but applies to seeing the Firefly!
Meow. I digress. Meow.[/QUOTE]

Listen to post 32 Judys advice.

The raccoon is very small so it can hide behind a deco, a tree, a building etc.
The easiest way to spot him is

1. Fill up every open square on your farm with deco or path, anything u have in ur cellar, if u don?t want to use coins
......this can be time consuming if your farm is pretty open

2. Once you fill up every open square, select an area of approx. 8x8 and leave that area open (remove paths or deco etc)
......this is the area that Butterflies, moles, raccoon will pop up - Pop Up Stage

3. Once you designated the Pop Up Stage, force close game then reopen.
......Once u reopen, hover over ur Pop Up Stage, wait for butterflies/moles to show (anywhere from 15 to 30sec). The Raccoon will appear shortly after (between 10 sec to a bit over a minute, varies with farm). Please note, if butterflies etc don?t show after 2 minutes in your Pop Up Stage, chances are you still have open squares else where.

4. Once you clicked on Raccoon, coins or bottle, force close game and reopen ... repeat Step 3.

Judy invented this method. It works. Try it.
The drop rate of bottle is really low, raccoon only appears for about 20 seconds or so, if you want bottles, this method (free, no gem purchase) is your best bet.

Once you have your farm set up this way, you will be ready for all future events w.visitors.

An idea how small raccoon is, how it can hide literally behind everything

raissawinda
06-25-20, 08:24 PM
Too small fireflies, please make it slightly bigger, my glasses are not magnifying glasses ☹️

tsumtsum27
06-25-20, 10:15 PM
What if we dont hv the backwood payau habitat

judyandthecat
06-26-20, 02:45 AM
What if we dont hv the backwood payau habitat

That is the habitat I seen it in but likely goes in other habitats too.

judyandthecat
06-26-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 4

raissawinda
06-26-20, 02:33 PM
Goal 4

I still can't find the fireflies Judy... :( Can you show me the pic please? Thank you.

judyandthecat
06-26-20, 02:47 PM
I still can't find the fireflies Judy... :( Can you show me the pic please? Thank you.

Four of them circling

ankavale1000
06-26-20, 03:05 PM
Ok, so I bought the bug house.

Drops from fireflies are so so low. Caught fireflies maybe 20x today and only 3 drops. 12 chickens gave me 3 beetles, which is fine.

Is it possible that the Bug House triggers lower drop rate from fireflies?

Peggyg723
06-27-20, 07:13 AM
my firefly drops are very low and I haven't bought the house yet.. but my chickens give me around 5 each collection... I was just thinking if chickens are going to be so generous I should get the house and start cooking the rhino bugs.. hmm now I'll think about this...

follow up - after 3 collections of chickens (have 12) I have 14 rhinobugs

Natasha_07
06-27-20, 01:07 PM
Haven't gotten a single dragonfly. :(

judyandthecat
06-27-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 5
Get 3 Cicada from Bed and Breakfast
LOWER LEVELS from the Kitchen

judyandthecat
06-27-20, 03:18 PM
Spotting the Fireflies.
Open your game.
Within five minutes you will see the mole, the butterflies, the otter and the fireflies.
If you don't ...he is there.
This means you have a place you can't see. Behind a tree, a building, etc.
This is the terrible part you are going to have to start at one corner of your farm and cover every square forcing these popup creatures to appear where you will see them. Leaving a place with open squares.
On my farm the only squares not covered is around the name Sucky. My Cat's name.
So move the machines, trees etc and start placing stuff on every one by one square. Sometimes close behind a building you have missed. Even under the ladder of Pipers Tree House. Then once I have tapped them I force close my game and start over.
In following picture I circled the fireflies, you will also see the butterflies.
If you have a hidden open square he is likely popping up in it.

linborg
06-28-20, 10:04 AM
Fourth spin in a row that I get a fence!!! Not fair!! We work so hard to get our pets!! I?ve been playing for five years! This might be my last!

Natasha_07
06-28-20, 02:55 PM
So far only 1 firefly, at this point I'm stuck on goal 2 and might as well just give up on this event.

ankavale1000
06-28-20, 03:20 PM
So far only 1 firefly, at this point I'm stuck on goal 2 and might as well just give up on this event.

Sounds like you have really bad drop rate, like me. This is what I did though to get 5 ...

Regardless how your farm is setup, if you are able to spot fireflies ...

Once you tap on fireflies, coins or drop, forececlose game. Re-enter game and repeat.

I say this because if you don’t force close, you will have to wait another 3-5 minutes before it appears again.

Force close is the faster way of triggering the appearance of fireflies on your farm - it pops up about 40 sec once u re-open game

Since drop rate is very bad, you will do this many times lol. My rate of drop is approx. 1 in 10.

You don’t need many, we all know day 10 is going to be super bad. Maybe try to have 5 so chance for that butterfly gnome pet for turning in 5x

I am leaving you a dragonfly net, sprinkled with magic sugar. Good luck.

judyandthecat
06-28-20, 04:35 PM
Goal 6
Get 3 Pond Skaters from fishing

just4thefun
06-29-20, 05:47 AM
Fourth spin in a row that I get a fence!!! Not fair!! We work so hard to get our pets!! I?ve been playing for five years! This might be my last!

I know how you feel! I keep getting fences too. Very frustrating.

spring_peeper
06-29-20, 07:22 AM
Gave up on this event pretty quickly.

The only prize I was interested in was the caterpillar, but within the span of about two hours I was hundreds of points away from First or Second prize on the leaderboard. I just don’t have the time or resources to put into getting caught up at that point. I don’t know if these leaders got the rocket ride or what. If so, make it fair for all players. Either fix it or give everyone the option. Stop making it random. It’s simply not fair.

I’m not fussy over the prizes for the turn-ins. Looks like a lot of recycled items from past events, just modified to fit this one.

All the best to everyone trying to get the prizes!

Natasha_07
06-29-20, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you have really bad drop rate, like me. This is what I did though to get 5 ...

Regardless how your farm is setup, if you are able to spot fireflies ...

Once you tap on fireflies, coins or drop, forececlose game. Re-enter game and repeat.

I say this because if you don’t force close, you will have to wait another 3-5 minutes before it appears again.

Force close is the faster way of triggering the appearance of fireflies on your farm - it pops up about 40 sec once u re-open game

Since drop rate is very bad, you will do this many times lol. My rate of drop is approx. 1 in 10.

You don’t need many, we all know day 10 is going to be super bad. Maybe try to have 5 so chance for that butterfly gnome pet for turning in 5x

I am leaving you a dragonfly net, sprinkled with magic sugar. Good luck.

I tried your method, unfortunately I'm still stuck with just 1. The fireflies hardly show up and when they do it just gives me coins.

Thank for helping though. :(

judyandthecat
06-29-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 7
Get 3 Luna Moths from Passion Fruit Vines

TwixAndScones
06-30-20, 12:11 PM
I am interested in turning in the 4 collections (on my end) to get the sunflower fairy.

I am also a bit interested in getting the bug house to place near my donkey cart. I may finally spend real money into this game.

Is the bug house a 1 time use? As I don't want to continually buy it. I would only buy it once, if I do look into an iTunes card into getting it.

judyandthecat
06-30-20, 12:48 PM
I am interested in turning in the 4 collections (on my end) to get the sunflower fairy.

I am also a bit interested in getting the bug house to place near my donkey cart. I may finally spend real money into this game.

Is the bug house a 1 time use? As I don't want to continually buy it. I would only buy it once, if I do look into an iTunes card into getting it.

It might go on sale for half price in a couple of days.
No it is not a one time use and is used for this event to make Event Items. After the event it becomes a decoration.

TwixAndScones
06-30-20, 01:12 PM
It might go on sale for half price in a couple of days.
No it is not a one time use and is used for this event to make Event Items. After the event it becomes a decoration.

Well good news. I got a 50 dollar iTunes card, and I bought the bug house and a few other gem items.

Also, since I wanted the fox fern thing, I gemmed up my collection so I could get it.

So far, I don't regret my first time purchase in the game! So that's good :)

TwixAndScones
06-30-20, 01:16 PM
Well good news. I got a 50 dollar iTunes card, and I bought the bug house and a few other gem items.

Also, since I wanted the fox fern thing, I gemmed up my collection so I could get it.

So far, I don't regret my first time purchase in the game! So that's good :)

And also the cows!

But I know not to use them, as they are only one time use. So I definitely will just use the 2,000 things to collect the ladybugs from.

I cannot get pictures to load. But I will upload them later, if possible.

judyandthecat
06-30-20, 02:45 PM
Goal 8
Get 3 Saddleback Caterpillars from the Dehydrator

TwixAndScones
06-30-20, 03:44 PM
And also the cows!

But I know not to use them, as they are only one time use. So I definitely will just use the 2,000 things to collect the ladybugs from.

I cannot get pictures to load. But I will upload them later, if possible.

Hurray! Got them to load.

I'm not regretting my purchases today, at all. I like everything about this event!

TwixAndScones
07-01-20, 08:41 AM
I really like the house boost! When this collectibles events happen, I may look into boosts again in the future. It's really helped me so far (though I still haven't turned a collect in yet) but, that's just because I just bought it. Also if I was to buy more building boosts for future events like this, I would probably instantly buy it instead of waiting as long as I did now.

judyandthecat
07-01-20, 01:41 PM
I really like the house boost! When this collectibles events happen, I may look into boosts again in the future. It's really helped me so far (though I still haven't turned a collect in yet) but, that's just because I just bought it. Also if I was to buy more building boosts for future events like this, I would probably instantly buy it instead of waiting as long as I did now.

I often buy it first day then I can start making the items.

judyandthecat
07-01-20, 02:36 PM
Goal 9
Get 3 ants from the mine
Drop upon exiting

TwixAndScones
07-01-20, 03:43 PM
Goal 9
Get 3 ants from the mine
Drop upon exiting

I am able to get the ants from the Sugar Spinner. I just sold off my corn syrup, so I'll have to wait to use that for now. But I will use my bug house to craft some ants. I hope soon, I'll be able to turn in my first collection!

judyandthecat
07-01-20, 03:45 PM
I am able to get the ants from the Sugar Spinner. I just sold off my corn syrup, so I'll have to wait to use that for now. But I will use my bug house to craft some ants. I hope soon, I'll be able to turn in my first collection!

Thanks!
For posting where the LOWER LEVELS come from!

TwixAndScones
07-01-20, 08:39 PM
Yes! I finally got to turn in my first collection!

I got a blossom Like tree, I paired or put it beside my sugar spinner

It's nice!

I will edit a picture in later, if I can ever get it to load.

linborg
07-01-20, 09:35 PM
Is there a trick to get ants from the mine? I?ve used most of my shovels and axes and only one little ant!

judyandthecat
07-02-20, 02:08 AM
Is there a trick to get ants from the mine? I?ve used most of my shovels and axes and only one little ant!

If you figure out an easier way let us all know because my drop rate is very low. I am happy my Dehydrator has a decent shop because I am making ants in the Bug House.

judyandthecat
07-02-20, 02:10 AM
Yes! I finally got to turn in my first collection!

I got a blossom Like tree, I paired or put it beside my sugar spinner

It's nice!

I will edit a picture in later, if I can ever get it to load.

Congratulations!
I really really want that ant picnic after seeing those v=cuties marching around the picnic.
Glad I have increased my odds of turning in more collections with the Bug House.

judyandthecat
07-02-20, 02:44 PM
Goal 10
Get 3 Treehoppers from the Apple trees

just4thefun
07-02-20, 05:27 PM
I had my doubts about this event at first as my drop rates are really low but I?ve managed to get the frog and he is adorable!!

TwixAndScones
07-02-20, 07:10 PM
Goal 10
Get 3 Treehoppers from the Apple trees

Interesting.

I have to collect them from the cocoa trees, even though I have bought all 5 apple trees available to me.

Weird.

dadrocky
07-03-20, 08:05 AM
What is the final prize in the no bugs here side task?

judyandthecat
07-03-20, 08:36 AM

No one has finished and posted yet.

judyandthecat
07-03-20, 11:21 AM

I just arrived at goal 6 and the prize is 3 land deeds.

judyandthecat
07-03-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 11
Get 3 Honey Bees from JUICER

TwixAndScones
07-03-20, 03:01 PM
Since I can get my honey bees from the Chocolate machine. I was able to turn in my 3rd collection, and got the ant picnic!

Natasha_07
07-03-20, 03:13 PM
Since I can get my honey bees from the Chocolate machine. I was able to turn in my 3rd collection, and got the ant picnic!

That ant is funny running away with the piece of bread I assume over his head while the one with the red thing is like the 'wait for me' type. :cool:

TwixAndScones
07-03-20, 03:31 PM
That ant is funny running away with the piece of bread I assume over his head while the one with the red thing is like the 'wait for me' type. :cool:

Yes! It's funny :D and definitely a cute item. I more so want the fairy being offered though.

I believe the red thing may be an Apple? But I'm not sure what the 3rd ant is carrying, but it's something white.

--

A question, is the fairy being offered a pet, and if so, what habitat does she belong in, or can be placed in?

judyandthecat
07-03-20, 03:51 PM
Yes! It's funny :D and definitely a cute item. I more so want the fairy being offered though.

I believe the red thing may be an Apple? But I'm not sure what the 3rd ant is carrying, but it's something white.

--

A question, is the fairy being offered a pet, and if so, what habitat does she belong in, or can be placed in?

It is a pet and flies so smoothly.
She lives in the Mythical Meadow which is on sale or can go in the GNOME Gathering.

I love love love the ant picnic!

TwixAndScones
07-03-20, 04:11 PM
It is a pet and flies so smoothly.
She lives in the Mythical Meadow which is on sale or can go in the GNOME Gathering.

I love love love the ant picnic!

Thanks, so far I'm not finding a habitat. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area(s) for it :confused:

Anyway. I removed and replaced my ant picnic near my cows fetching for bugs, and it looks like the cows are clueless as to what's happening behind them! Lol.

I would post a video, but I cannot seem to. Regardless I wish you luck (and others) getting it, because it's a nice item. Definitely one of the nicer items in the collection to win.

judyandthecat
07-03-20, 05:32 PM
Thanks, so far I'm not finding a habitat. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area(s) for it :confused:

Anyway. I removed and replaced my ant picnic near my cows fetching for bugs, and it looks like the cows are clueless as to what's happening behind them! Lol.

I would post a video, but I cannot seem to. Regardless I wish you luck (and others) getting it, because it's a nice item. Definitely one of the nicer items in the collection to win.

Check under new items in the market.

tsumtsum27
07-03-20, 11:54 PM
I got the firefly and they live in Crawlers Hollow

judyandthecat
07-04-20, 02:08 PM
Fireflies can live in three coin habitats.
Jungle Falls
Crawlers Hollow
Backwoods Bayou

Summer Sprite can live in two coin habitats
Mythical Meadow
GNOME Gathering

caterpilar88
07-04-20, 02:46 PM
No where to place grome, i need a gnome house please

caterpilar88
07-04-20, 03:04 PM
I love this my first gnome, hope s8 put sale. Some cool one in market

Natasha_07
07-04-20, 06:44 PM
I must have really bad luck or something, I haven't gotten a single honey bee.

I also used the bug bait twice after getting 'a colorful bite' goal however both times it didn't count.

PookieBear50
07-04-20, 06:46 PM
Got my Summer Sprite. I doubt I'll get the Fireflies, but as there is still time, I will keep turning in collections as I complete them.

everjac24
07-05-20, 05:32 AM
I must have really bad luck or something, I haven't gotten a single honey bee.

I also used the bug bait twice after getting 'a colorful bite' goal however both times it didn't count.

I am the same. I have constantly made juice in the juicer and not one bee

TwixAndScones
07-05-20, 07:51 AM
I turned in my 5th? Collection I believe. And I got a firefly jar, the fireflys moves inside it.

I genuinely like it. So far I've gotten 1 repeated item, but the rest; like the ant picnic and firefly jar, I really like. Both nicely detailed, and even has a bit of humour in it.

TwixAndScones
07-05-20, 07:52 AM
I turned in my 5th? Collection I believe. And I got a firefly jar, the fireflys moves inside it.

I genuinely like it. So far I've gotten 1 repeated item, but the rest; like the ant picnic and firefly jar, I really like. Both nicely detailed, and even has a bit of humour in it.

I will place it out again when I can expand another time.

TwixAndScones
07-05-20, 11:03 AM
Oh my!

I got another repeated item!
But it's one of my favourites.

Another ant picnic! I now have 2.

I'm impressed and happy :)

just4thefun
07-05-20, 12:01 PM
I am the same. I have constantly made juice in the juicer and not one bee

I was have the same issue with the pond skaters from the deep fryer. I caved and bought the bug house. It?s a lot of gems but was worth it for me.

TwixAndScones
07-06-20, 11:37 AM
If turned in at least over 15 items, because that is how many bug bushes I've bought.

I've got a few repeats of items, but I finally got a new item.

The jewel beatle pig, and I don't know how to feel about it?

It's very small, or at least appears small on my end?

Anyway. It will remain in storage.

I'm really hoping to win another (a 2nd) Firefly Jar. Or even another ant picnic, even though I have 2 already.

Or a new item I haven't received yet, like the Chicken Catching Bugs, or Fluttering Butterflies.

I have everything besides the;

Firefly (pet)

Fluttering Butterflies

Chicken Catching Bugs

All but 3 items now.

I will keep turning collections in until timer is up. I'm not hopeful that I'll win the firefly pet, but it wasn't really a want to begin with anyway.

raissawinda
07-06-20, 02:57 PM
Not a single bee from the juicer to complete my turn in.

Lilliepaddd
07-06-20, 06:09 PM
Not a single bee from the juicer to complete my turn in.

The juicer is extremely stingy :((((

otgland
07-07-20, 03:29 PM
Anyone else having connection issues tonight?

TwixAndScones
07-07-20, 03:40 PM
I turned in my last and final collection.

Ending this event with;

5 Blossom Chrysalis
3 Summer Bug Zapper
2 Bug Statue
2 Butterfly Box
1 Jewel Beetle Pig

And my personal favourites!
2 Ant Picnic(s)
2 Firefly Jar(s)

--

Since the cows set the picnic up earlier, and are now too focused catching them bugs - there picnic food is being stolen, by ants

I also paired the firefly jars next to my crowned seahorse, because both have purple in it.

PookieBear50
07-07-20, 07:13 PM
Final tally:
1 Blossom Chrysalis
1 Jewel Beetle Pig
1 Ant Picnic
2 Summer Bug Zapper
1 Firefly
(and 1 Summer Sprite)

Pros
It was doable. For the most part, drops were relatively steady. Some took longer than others, but with only three exceptions, I was able to generally get enough to complete collections and have a lot leftover. I'm not counting the first item, because that was determined by whether or not we bought a Bug Bush, and I only bought the bushes once I had a complete collection.
No pigs. I'm glad that this time it was the chickens and not the pigs. And, once I had enough to complete the goal, I wasn't returning over and over again and receiving dozens of drops because collecting from the pigs was a requirement for the accompanying Leaderboard event. I could choose to NOT collect from the chickens and avoid getting overwhelmed with eggs, like in the Mythical Birthday event. (Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, because I would be collecting from the pigs anyway. The point is, it wasn't the pigs. Work with me, I'm trying to find positives to mention without repeating what I said about the last few events.)
Interesting prizes. I was only able to receive 5 of the 10 prizes, but from what other players have been saying, at least a couple of the ones I didn't get are very appealing. It would have been nice if I'd been able to get the Firefly Jar and the Fluttering Butterflies, but it was not to be.

Cons
The Mine? Again? 'Nuff said. Moving on.
Drop rates. It's a given that the last day's drop item will be the hardest one to get from drops, but this time around the Juicer seemed particularly difficult to get drops from. I don't know how many Citrus Juice I made (I was buying lemons and oranges from neighbors and the newspaper), but to only get 6 drops was very frustrating. Maybe I would have received more drops crafting something that took longer, like Pear Juice? But, then, if it DIDN'T change anything, I would not have had as many opportunities to collect, because Pear Juice takes 3 hours, whereas Citrus Juice only takes 40 minutes. Maybe, if we knew which items were more likely to drop what we need, it would be different...but because there seems to be about an equal chance with one item as another, it becomes a question of time and opportunities, so...yeah, frustrating.
Fireflies. The Fireflies were difficult to spot. They're meant to be difficult, of course...but even if they are in a formation, the fact that there is space between the fireflies makes them more "invisible" or "less visible" than the pop-ups in previous events. Add to that their color scheme and they were even harder to spot than usual. Because we have so many different colors on our farms, the fireflies tended to blend in...unlike some events in which the pop-up animal was mostly a single color (like a seal or a dinosaur, during those events). Difficult, but not impossible. However, the drop rate from the fireflies was also a bit low. It took me the better part of almost 30 hours to get 3 drops to go on to day 3's goal.

Final thoughts
This event was, perhaps, easier for me than previous events, in part because I managed to finish the milestones for the Leaderboard event earlier than usual, so I could focus more on this event. Also, I had stockpiled items for one of the side-goals that I knew would be coming up, so I did not lose extra time crafting for those goals. I'm pleasantly surprised that I managed to get the pet prize from the collections (Firefly), even if it does mean I'm probably not going to be successful again until next year, but oh well.

Overall, I'd give this event a 3 out of 5. It was doable, but needing to go to the Mine--again--and the weak drop rates on the Juicer made it less enjoyable than it might have been.

TwixAndScones
07-07-20, 07:27 PM
Final tally:
1 Blossom Chrysalis
1 Jewel Beetle Pig
1 Ant Picnic
2 Summer Bug Zapper
1 Firefly
(and 1 Summer Sprite)

Congratulations on your end results and with what you've won.

Especially getting both the firefly (the pet) plus the ant picnic.

I only got the ant picnic out of the 2 things that would've rewarded you with some sort of fishing bait, if you'd won both picnic and firefly.

But I'm glad I rather got 2 of the ant picnics instead. As I like the ant picnic more, in my personal preference.

But a still great win, nonetheless. :)