PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Fly a Kite Event - 2020 June 3

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 02:32 PM
Let's fly kites!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Where Event Items Found
Random Drops
Chicken Kite Frame - Chocolatier
Chicken Kite Paint - Mine
Chicken Kite Paint - LOWER LEVELS from the Feed Mill
Chicken Kite String- crops
Cow Kite Paint - Fishing
Cow Kite Paint - LOWER LEVELS from the Kitchen
Cow Kite Frame - Deep Fryer
Cow Kite String - planes
Pig Kite String - pigs
Pig Kite Frame - Apple Trees
Pig Kite Paint - Passion Fruit Vines

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
The weather's been pretty good lately! If there's enough wind, I bet we could fly some kites. Let's get wome Kites ready!
Get 1 Chicken Kite Frame from the Chocolatier
Get 1 Chicken Kite Paint from the mine
LOWER LEVELS from the Feed Mill
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 nail, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
Yay! I love Kites! Can we make ones that look like our animals?
Have Farmer's Outpost
Get 10 Chicken Kite String from crops
Make 3 Chicken Kites in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Recipe: Chicken Kite
10 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Chicken Kite Frame
1 Chicken Kite Paint
10 Chicken Kite String

Goal 3 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
Of course! Let's get building on our kites. I can't wait to see our kites in the air!
Make 10 plane deliveries
Get 2 Cow Kite Frames from Deep Fryer
Get 2 Cow Kite String - random drop planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 screw, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
I don't understand how we can get these in the air. It makes no sense to me!
Get 1 Cow Kite Paint from Fishing
LOWER LEVELS from the Kitchen
Make 3 Cow Kites in the Farmer's Outpost

Recipe: Cow Kite
45 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
2 Cow Kite Frames
2 Cow Kite String
1 Cow Kite Paint

Goal 5 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
Lucas! Did you want to fly a kite with us?
Get 1 Pig Kite Frame from Apple Trees
Get 1 Pig Kite Paint from Passion Fruit Vines
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Paint, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
I can make these animals fly.
Get 3 Pig Kite String from pigs
Make 3 Pig Kites in Farmer's Outpost
Make 1 Kite Kit in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 plank, 3 experience points

Recipe: Pig Kite
15 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Pig Kite Frame
1 Pig Kite Paint
3 Pig Kite String

Recipe: Kite Kit
1 hour Farmer's Outpost
1 Chicken Kite
1 Cow Kite
1 Pig Kite

Goal 7 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
It's going to look so cool seeing our kites up in the sky! I bet our friends would love these too.
Buy Flying Kites from Market
Bring 1 Kite Kit and place in Flying Kites
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 hammer, 3 experience points

Goal 8 of 8: Let's Go Fly a Kite
I'm going to let everyone know! We'll see our kites everywhere!
Turn in 23 Kite Kits to the Flying Kites
Visit 20 Community Farmers
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Kite Cart, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
Up, Up, and Away!
Want more items? Get a Kite Cart and collect Let's Go Fly a Kite items from it!
Have a Kite Cart - buy from Market
Or win it by turning in 23 collections

Event Prizes
Red Kite - pet - Bird Tree or Rescue Pen
Spring Meadow
Spring Pond
Rainbow Arch
Rainbow Koi Wind Sock
Balloon Elephant
Wooden Elephant
Rainbow Trough
Hummingbird Feeder
Spring Meadow Path
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
Kite Cart - 250 gems

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 02:33 PM
Saved for event information

Paul__
06-03-20, 03:07 PM
You can see the full list of prizes when you buy the flying kites! I hope they are animated after the event.

Hanja49
06-03-20, 03:32 PM
Mine and chocolatier

TwixAndScones
06-03-20, 03:34 PM
Interesting.

Anyway. I bought the "Flying Kites" piece for this.

I hope I don't have to replace it, especially if it's anyone like the orchid for the orchid event a while back - as right now I don't have lots of coins. Because I would still like to have one after this ends.

Though I do see what is being offered and I don't mind some of prizes actually.

A pond? And meadow? Both look beautiful!

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 03:39 PM
Still with my Silo full of Watermelon Seeds, and now my Barn's going to get filled up with dropped parts from the Plots. Sigh.

This is probably going to be like the "Play Ball" event, so...

- start crafting in the Deep Fryer and the Chocolatier (and if necessary, the Bait Shop)
- DON'T harvest from the Apple Trees or the Passion Fruit Vines until the goal comes up, or you'll need to wait hours for the next chance
- DON'T collect from the Pigs until that goal comes up, or you'll need to wait hours for the next chance
- avoid making deliveries until that goal comes up
- be prepared to make a LOT of kites (at least 23 of each)

If I'm wrong, I apologize. But, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 04:03 PM
Still with my Silo full of Watermelon Seeds, and now my Barn's going to get filled up with dropped parts from the Plots. Sigh.

This is probably going to be like the "Play Ball" event, so...

- start crafting in the Deep Fryer and the Chocolatier (and if necessary, the Bait Shop)
- DON'T harvest from the Apple Trees or the Passion Fruit Vines until the goal comes up, or you'll need to wait hours for the next chance
- DON'T collect from the Pigs until that goal comes up, or you'll need to wait hours for the next chance
- avoid making deliveries until that goal comes up
- be prepared to make a LOT of kites (at least 23 of each)

If I'm wrong, I apologize. But, I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I am sure you are right too!
There could still be a leaderboard today so I waiting on pigs too!

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 04:11 PM
I am sure you are right too!

Did you need to add that? I was hoping there wouldn't be one...

(Even so, I already have crafts waiting in my Cider House, Dehydrator, and Noodle House, and am crafting Tomato Sauce now...no sense in being unprepared.)

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 04:11 PM
So far...
LOWER LEVELS tell us what machine...is used for fishing

Where are Event Items found?
Random Drops
Chicken Kite Paint - Mine LOWER LEVELS from the Feed Mill
Cow Kite Paint - Fishing
Cow Kite String - planes
Pig Kite String - pigs

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 04:14 PM
The last two--Pig Kite Frame and Pig Kite Paint--are going to be from the Apple Trees and the Passion Fruit Vines.

TwixAndScones
06-03-20, 04:16 PM

I really hope there is! I've been wanting and waiting for a newer leaderboard. I hope it's another one of the exotic pets or animated decorations.

TwixAndScones
06-03-20, 04:22 PM
So far...
LOWER LEVELS tell us what machine...is used for the mine and for fishing

Chicken Kite Paint - Feed Mill

Cow Kite Paint - Kitchen

PuntaMita
06-03-20, 04:27 PM
So helpful- thank you!!

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 04:33 PM

You just had to go and say it. Sigh. It just loaded on my iPad.

Well, back to crafting a lot of Pet Feed and Stews.

TwixAndScones
06-03-20, 04:46 PM
You just had to go and say it. Sigh. It just loaded on my iPad.

Well, back to crafting a lot of Pet Feed and Stews.

Something even worse? I just got a fence, instead of points :( (from spinning the wheel) I should've waited to collect from my pigs. Why did I do that?

Though, I do have a question if you can answer. Is the Crowned seahorse exotic?

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 04:59 PM
Something even worse? I just got a fence, instead of points :( (from spinning the wheel) I should've waited to collect from my pigs. Why did I do that?

Though, I do have a question if you can answer. Is the Crowned seahorse exotic?

I have a Seahorse from a previous event and it is an exotic pet...I think the nicest ever
So time will tell but I think so

spring_peeper
06-03-20, 05:05 PM
So far...
LOWER LEVELS tell us what machine...is used for fishing

Where are Event Items found?
Random Drops
Chicken Kite Paint - Mine LOWER LEVELS from the Feed Mill
Cow Kite Paint - Fishing
Cow Kite String - planes
Pig Kite String - pigs

Enough with the Mine!!!

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 05:07 PM
Enough with the Mine!!!

I totally agree!

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 05:20 PM
I wonder if there will be a prize for turning in 23 collections

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 05:21 PM
I wonder if there will be a prize for turning in 23 collections

Probably the bird that appears in the event poster?

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 05:26 PM
Probably the bird that appears in the event poster?

No it says it is from turning in Flying Kites Collection so I assume a prize of luck!

PookieBear50
06-03-20, 05:31 PM
No it says it is from turning in Flying Kites Collection so I assume a prize of luck!

Hmm...I don't think that goal unlocked for me yet, so I have no idea. Considering the prize for the Play Ball event was a scoreboard, I have a feeling the prize for this event is going to have something do with kites.

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 05:53 PM
Hmm...I don't think that goal unlocked for me yet, so I have no idea. Considering the prize for the Play Ball event was a scoreboard, I have a feeling the prize for this event is going to have something do with kites.

It unlocked when I bought the Flying Kites from the market

ankavale1000
06-03-20, 10:12 PM
OMG the Flying Kites SUPER!

I’m hoping once event over, the kites stay Up and Sway

Too bad we are allowed only 1, I wouldn’t mind buying a bunch lol

Thank you Stormie, the Flying Kites is Fantastic!

Paul__
06-03-20, 10:20 PM
Interesting.

Anyway. I bought the "Flying Kites" piece for this.

I hope I don't have to replace it, especially if it's anyone like the orchid for the orchid event a while back - as right now I don't have lots of coins. Because I would still like to have one after this ends.

Though I do see what is being offered and I don't mind some of prizes actually.

A pond? And meadow? Both look beautiful!

You only need to buy it once!

TwixAndScones
06-04-20, 04:45 AM
You only need to buy it once!

Thank you for letting me know. I'm definitely glad I don't have to continually re-buy it.

I've made that kite you need for it

I've made two kites for this event. Soon to be a 3rd later on, but I get the "Red Kite" bird and a "Rainbow trough"

I really like the bird the most, however. Out of all prizes I've received that one is my favourite. I am glad I made regular pet food last night. Though my intentions were to sell it, it seems I may keep a few, too.

judyandthecat
06-04-20, 06:04 AM
Thank you for letting me know. I'm definitely glad I don't have to continually re-buy it.

I've made two kites for this event. Soon to be a 3rd later on, but I get the "Red Kite" bird and a "Rainbow trough"

I really like the bird the most, however. Out of all prizes I've received that one is my favourite. I am glad I made regular pet food last night. Though my intentions were to sell it, it seems I may keep a few, too.

Congratulations on the Red Kite Bird!

Paul__
06-04-20, 07:47 AM

Congratulations!

TwixAndScones
06-04-20, 09:54 AM
So far, out of my 3 trades I've done.

I've gotten the

Red Kite Bird
Rainbow Trough
Spring Meadow Path

In the next 1 almost 2 hours, I should be able to turn in a 4th collection.

My only complaint so far with this, is the fact - I cannot get more of the path(s) which is a pain; so now I have 1 random path that will looked out of place in my farm, regardless of how I may do it.

I really want the Spring Pond though

A few other items I want

Balloon Elephant (especially) and the Hummingbird Feeder.

So since I have already turned in 3 collections of the kite, and it only being the 1st day since the challenge started, I may have a chance to eventually get an item more or 2 that I do want. :)

Lapetshop7
06-04-20, 10:11 AM
I'm still stuck on goal 1! The mine is not giving me any drops. I will be out of tools before I know it too

TwixAndScones
06-04-20, 11:45 AM
So far, out of my 3 trades I've done.

I've gotten the

Red Kite Bird
Rainbow Trough
Spring Meadow Path

In the next 1 almost 2 hours, I should be able to turn in a 4th collection.

My only complaint so far with this, is the fact - I cannot get more of the path(s) which is a pain; so now I have 1 random path that will looked out of place in my farm, regardless of how I may do it.

I really want the Spring Pond though

A few other items I want

Balloon Elephant (especially) and the Hummingbird Feeder.

So since I have already turned in 3 collections of the kite, and it only being the 1st day since the challenge started, I may have a chance to eventually get an item more or 2 that I do want. :)

I just did my 4th trade in - and I got a balloon elephant.

It's definitely a cool item. As I paired it with my overgrown fountain from an older leaderboard event because both blues matched!

I'm I am lucky - I may be able to complete another or so collection today.

zzzzzoii
06-04-20, 12:12 PM
I have no drops from the Feed mill. After last times superhard watermelon event I was actually missing the leaderboard. Glad to see it back. I am very busy this week but the whole chance of a rocket ride makes me want to try the leaderboard. But I love the bird and wanted to see if it was possible to get the bird, but the drop rate looks impossible.

Also I wish all the items for this event did not need to be made in the outpost. Somehow the plane keeps asking for the same items. How do you balance these two events. I feel I have to just keep discarding my plane deliveries. I really want to try for the sea horse.

So my request to the powers that be at farm story 2, can you please have a different machine for this event, at least we have would have a collectors item at the end. Actually a different machine for all the watermelon event items would be great too. I feel like Farm story2 is starting to mimic real life too much:p. you get very little coins and experience for the new items and you spent too much for expansion. The star watermelon needs to be at least 1000 coins per watermelon.

I don?t know if I should even try for the bird. And as much as I want the bird to be flying on my farm, I know even if I get it, it will say sleeping. Feels like I need five more feed mills, five more windmills and at least 500 more plots to grow plants.

PookieBear50
06-04-20, 03:13 PM
Can we PLEASE stop going to the Plots to drop event items? Or, at the very least, limit to 1 each time instead of 1or 2? I can put 10 of the Chicken String up for sale, and then I harvest 6 plots and I'm right back where I started from: needing to sell 10 more to open up space in my Barn.

I'll expand more on this later in my post-event debrief, but seriously...something needs to change. Last event the Silo got flooded with Watermelon Seeds, and now the Barn gets filled with Chicken String (which isn't going to sell quickly because the Newspaper is GLUTTED with them) and also with Bacon because of the Leaderboard event. Sigh...

ankavale1000
06-04-20, 10:52 PM
The last time someone mentioned drop rate from plots being Too Good so that it flooded the paper. Stormie listened and made the drop rate Super Low. I still remember the game Feline started - growing 50 wheat at a time and see how many drops and the drop rate was something like 0-3 per 50 wheat and wheat flooded the paper (Without Feather Ado April 2018).

I?m all about voicing our frustration over low drop rates
But voicing frustration over excellent drop rate?

Just saying

gdr4gon
06-05-20, 03:26 AM
Will the kite cart do anything or just decoration?

judyandthecat
06-05-20, 04:03 AM
Will the kite cart do anything or just decoration?

It gives random parts if you were to buy it now. After event it is just a decoration.
It is very, very nice of Storm8 to give this 250 gem item for turning in 23 collections.

Up, Up, and Away!

BatCrzy2
06-05-20, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know which habitat is for the Crowned Seahorse? Thanks!

TwixAndScones
06-05-20, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know which habitat is for the Crowned Seahorse? Thanks!

There is no habitat for it - as the seahorse is its own habitat, if that makes sense:

All you got to do is place it out of storage and you're done basically, unless you feed it, that's all you have to do.

BatCrzy2
06-05-20, 07:19 PM
There is no habitat for it - as the seahorse is its own habitat, if that makes sense:

All you got to do is place it out of storage and you're done basically, unless you feed it, that's all you have to do.

Yes, makes sense, thank you! I have a similar sea horse, just didn?t connect the two! I wish they would of made him move after you feed him instead of going to sleep!

mille775
06-06-20, 01:27 AM
Can we PLEASE stop going to the Plots to drop event items? Or, at the very least, limit to 1 each time instead of 1or 2? I can put 10 of the Chicken String up for sale, and then I harvest 6 plots and I'm right back where I started from: needing to sell 10 more to open up space in my Barn.

I'll expand more on this later in my post-event debrief, but seriously...something needs to change. Last event the Silo got flooded with Watermelon Seeds, and now the Barn gets filled with Chicken String (which isn't going to sell quickly because the Newspaper is GLUTTED with them) and also with Bacon because of the Leaderboard event. Sigh...

-you Can just put Them up for sale in your shop and then discard them. Not a Big problem.

KojiMama
06-06-20, 03:33 AM
Here is the annoying part of discarding all those parts. They are good income if the buying bots would get to work buying all during the event instead of after. And it’s a waste of time having to stop what you’re doing to sell and discard sell and discard sell and discard when they should be turned into fast money. We already have to deal with constant pop ups stopping everything we’re doing. Most events I enjoy participating but I’m having frequent event fatigue and am wishing this one would just end and am really glad it’s a short one. If the programming could be altered with these insane drops I wouldn’t feel this way. Here’s an idea: instead of having one function completely stymie people, how about have two? Make drops with deliveries less frequent so people will be eager to send deliveries and share the event item creation with more than one maker at the same time? The same complaints happen every time and nothing changes.

sashacatonline
06-06-20, 06:27 AM
I am certain i am not the only person experiencing this problem because other people are selling the goal parts that fill up/overfill the barn. Storm8 should either allow players to delete the unwanted goal parts or do not have the goal parts count against barn capacity or allow players to have a setting to opt OUT of goals.

sashacatonline
06-06-20, 06:30 AM
Here is the annoying part of discarding all those parts. They are good income if the buying bots would get to work buying all during the event instead of after. And it’s a waste of time having to stop what you’re doing to sell and discard sell and discard sell and discard when they should be turned into fast money. We already have to deal with constant pop ups stopping everything we’re doing. Most events I enjoy participating but I’m having frequent event fatigue and am wishing this one would just end and am really glad it’s a short one. If the programming could be altered with these insane drops I wouldn’t feel this way. Here’s an idea: instead of having one function completely stymie people, how about have two? Make drops with deliveries less frequent so people will be eager to send deliveries and share the event item creation with more than one maker at the same time? The same complaints happen every time and nothing changes.

This is why people in this country are protesting and rioting, for the same reason, complaints are IGNORED rather than addressed and changes made.
As long as people accept this and continue to play storm8 games, NOTHING will change.

TwixAndScones
06-06-20, 08:33 AM
Honestly? I just want this event to end. I was so happy at first, but it's just becoming hard to get trucks completed. As you have nothing but them green kite strings clogging up the newspaper.

Let alone get any land expansions. I have not seen a single one since this whole event started.

It also massively covers your barn space, and fast too. I wish there was at least an event space area, too. Instead of it instantly going to your barn. I only have a space of 140. I will upgrade it again today, but again, it still won't be enough to have things I actually need in there - because it just keeps clogging up :(

When you try collecting anything from your crops, you instantly get a lot of the green stings. And even before you collect all of them, you need to either sell them or get rid of the green stings, just to even get the rest of your crops collected.

I don't sell my green stings, just because there is already so much of them, and it'll take forever just for them to get sold, especially since so much of it's already being sold. It's also the most easiest string to get, so again, I just don't sell them. Even though I wouldn't mind profit from it, I also don't want it sitting in my stand all day just to even get 10 of them sold. Especially when I'm already having a hard time getting fruits or etc sold. Even though I fully undersell them.

I hope somehow or sometime in the future, that there will be a separate space for event items. Especially if they aren't crop or food related.

Well, update! I was able to upgrade my barn space to over 185. But my point still stands with wanting a separate space or section for event items that aren't food or crop related.

TwixAndScones
06-06-20, 09:01 AM
Yes, makes sense, thank you! I have a similar sea horse, just didn?t connect the two! I wish they would of made him move after you feed him instead of going to sleep!

Does the other seahorse move more than the current one?

I don't have the other one, I only have the crowned (the newer one being offered) so I'm not sure

PookieBear50
06-06-20, 01:42 PM
I realize I started the complaints about the Chicken Kite Strings, but I would also warn everyone not to go overboard. Instead of just complaining, maybe offer a solution as well. Constructive criticism is usually better received than destructive complaining. I was going to save this for later, but I'll state it now...

As I started to suggest, instead of having the drop rate high with 1 or 2 each time...

...only drop 1 each time? That will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items. (This I mentioned in my original post).
...keep it random at 1 or 2, but slightly lower the drop rate? Again, that will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items.
...switch to something else, like the Cocoa Trees? 2 hours is not a very long wait, but dropping 1 or 2 EVERY time would not so quickly fill our Barns.
...choose one level-appropriate crop--Sugar Cane, perhaps--and have all drops come from that crop only. If players need a lot of parts, they can plant a lot of that crop.

Any of these options might resolve my complaints without significantly affecting game-play.

The Mine...is another matter entirely, which I will save my critiques on for later.

spring_peeper
06-06-20, 03:01 PM
I realize I started the complaints about the Chicken Kite Strings, but I would also warn everyone not to go overboard. Instead of just complaining, maybe offer a solution as well. Constructive criticism is usually better received than destructive complaining. I was going to save this for later, but I'll state it now...

As I started to suggest, instead of having the drop rate high with 1 or 2 each time...

...only drop 1 each time? That will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items. (This I mentioned in my original post).
...keep it random at 1 or 2, but slightly lower the drop rate? Again, that will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items.
...switch to something else, like the Cocoa Trees? 2 hours is not a very long wait, but dropping 1 or 2 EVERY time would not so quickly fill our Barns.
...choose one level-appropriate crop--Sugar Cane, perhaps--and have all drops come from that crop only. If players need a lot of parts, they can plant a lot of that crop.

Any of these options might resolve my complaints without significantly affecting game-play.

The Mine...is another matter entirely, which I will save my critiques on for later.

I have tried to give feedback. Many, many times. At the end of the day, S8 does not listen. If they did, we wouldn?t be having this conversation.

KojiMama
06-06-20, 03:53 PM
I second Spring Peeper. If you read my ‘complaint’ post you’ll see two suggestions right there. And by the way I didn’t read your original post. I’ve pointed out this problem several times without needing to read anyone else’s post. There’s a lot of creativity in the programming but it has a bizarre blind spot when it comes to this. Here’s another suggestion: there are events where the drops don’t hit inventory. In this event the outpost creations magically vanish and can’t be sold but we have to deal with the deliveries annihilating our barn space, not being bought from our markets and destroying the newspaper economy. Suggestions galore and free.

JustKay
06-07-20, 06:49 AM

Thanks for sharing! Does the red kite fly around like the woodpecker and hummingbird, or does it walk around like the love birds?

spring_peeper
06-07-20, 03:47 PM
Shockingly, I got the bird after about 10 turn ins. Keeping the barn from bursting has been a challenge. I’ll still collect parts and help out anyone who needs them.

BatCrzy2
06-07-20, 05:07 PM
Does the other seahorse move more than the current one?

I don't have the other one, I only have the crowned (the newer one being offered) so I'm not sure

They move about the same. They’re cute next to each other!

ankavale1000
06-07-20, 05:59 PM
QUESTION

for the Spring Meadow Path prize, how many path are you getting each time, 1 or 3? Thank you

judyandthecat
06-07-20, 06:10 PM
QUESTION

for the Spring Meadow Path prize, how many path are you getting each time, 1 or 3? Thank you

1 here

Natasha_07
06-07-20, 06:53 PM
I wish I could get some of those yellow kite frames, I can't find any in the newspaper either. :(

logansmil
06-08-20, 07:15 AM
Storm8 can we have an additional Bird Tree or rescue pen to house the Red Kite. Thanks in advance

praphulladp
06-09-20, 12:17 PM
Almost 40 attempts done but no success for the bird .... done for today

ostraoz
06-09-20, 02:55 PM
I made 24 kites manuely and got just decorations no bird . I don't care about deco. I have hundreds in my warehouse. I got that kite reward but now what ... I am so disappointed , didn't sleep whole night to finish goal and no birds. I am trying to write support but no successful . No wonder I left this game several times before. It supposed to be enjoying .

ostraoz
06-09-20, 02:57 PM
I even used gems to speed few kites . To finish on time :((((((((( this game , I will definitely find next game , I want bird

ostraoz
06-09-20, 03:02 PM
No wonder that their games are not so popular as before. It is real torture to play. I played fashion before. Nothing game is dead

judyandthecat
06-09-20, 03:43 PM
I even used gems to speed few kites . To finish on time :((((((((( this game , I will definitely find next game , I want bird

Winning the bird is a game of luck but you are just Farming and you can win decorations. Lots of new players don't have these decorations so I am happy they can win some. The Red Kite is Luck every time you turn in a collection you have a chance to win something. Kind of like going to Vegas and playing a slot machine. There are going to be winners but unfortunately some players are not going to win the grand prize. I always think this pet will likely be for sale on Black Friday and I can buy it then.

My next thought new event tomorrow and I get to try again. I for one love the game and have been playing for over six years. No other game has ever held my interest that long.

ostraoz
06-09-20, 03:53 PM
I played almost all teamlava games and many of them are not actual any more. I am playing this for years but with breaks those situations makes me upset . I want to enjoy. And , like I said , I have hundred decorations in basement I never put them on farm. And I didn't sleep whole last night trying to get bird. I really don't see how that kite thing I got as reward for 23 kites contribute my farmimg. This game is interesting but I don't want my efforts to be in vain

ostraoz
06-09-20, 03:56 PM
In this game I am really focus on improving farming not to decorate. When I played fashion story I really liked to decorate or restaurant I loved decorations , I spent many gems on that. In all farming games I am just focus how to improve farming

ankavale1000
06-09-20, 04:35 PM
43 turn ins, No Bird ... though I did get a bunch of those Flying Fish Sock

Going to pretend Flying Socks are Birds

Looking forward to new event(s) tomorrow

judyandthecat
06-09-20, 04:38 PM
I played almost all teamlava games and many of them are not actual any more. I am playing this for years but with breaks those situations makes me upset . I want to enjoy. And , like I said , I have hundred decorations in basement I never put them on farm. And I didn't sleep whole last night trying to get bird. I really don't see how that kite thing I got as reward for 23 kites contribute my farmimg. This game is interesting but I don't want my efforts to be in vain

This is the reward for 23 collections
Up, Up, and Away!

The Red Kite Bird is Luck I am sure some players have turned in way over 23 collections trying and then one person got it on his second turn in. I admire your dedication to improve your farm. Me I love all the decorations and I am constantly redecorating...right now I know it is our seventh birthday this month so I have all the Birthday items out, the birthday cakes and the Birthday pets.

PuntaMita
06-09-20, 05:10 PM
Will my kites re-inflate after the event is over if I turn in my last set? Thank you!
Took a chance and yes, they did go back up in the air!

ostraoz
06-09-20, 05:13 PM
Thank you for your reply. I took that kite cart and I get tools every 2 hours and it will probably expire in hour or two. So what is purpose of that cart after that I don't know. I won so many decorations in fact I got all except only thing I wanted. I wish I could give someone all that decorations at least to make someone happy it seriously mean NOTHING to me. I didn't sleep I have headache and I wanted to write support instead of here to tell them this is not fair at all but for some reason I can't reach them . And what I don't understand how can you be so calm after making 43 kites and nothing . This is why they treat people like this . Because nobody complains. We all deserve all rewards . I made 25 kites . And not sure I will do next event and will maybe leave game again

farmer_steen
06-09-20, 05:31 PM
These events where the 'star' prize is random are ridiculous, I've handed in at least 40 kites and still haven't had a red kite 😭

JustKay
06-09-20, 05:44 PM
Yay! I got my red kite! Only took 48 collections and maybe 40 gems to speed up kite construction. He?s happily flying around my farm.

All that work for a few months of exclusivity. The kite will probably be on sale next xmas for those that didn?t get it the first time :)

TwixAndScones
06-09-20, 07:19 PM
I must've been lucky then, hearing players have turned in over 40 collections, and didn't get the red kite bird until then, or did also turn in 40 collections but still didn't get it.

I got it when I turned in my 2nd collection.

I quit turning collections in about 3 days ago, just because I kept getting repeats and it reminded me too much of something I already do, on another S8 game that causes me much frustration as is.

I really did want the pond, but with my luck and frustration it just wasn't worth it anymore! Regardless, I'm just glad to not see the kite stings clogging up the newspaper now.

Paul__
06-09-20, 10:07 PM
I must've been lucky then, hearing players have turned in over 40 collections, and didn't get the red kite bird until then, or did also turn in 40 collections but still didn't get it.

I got it when I turned in my 2nd collection.

I quit turning collections in about 3 days ago, just because I kept getting repeats and it reminded me too much of something I already do, on another S8 game that causes me much frustration as is.

I really did want the pond, but with my luck and frustration it just wasn't worth it anymore! Regardless, I'm just glad to not see the kite stings clogging up the newspaper now.

Yay! I got my red kite! Only took 48 collections and maybe 40 gems to speed up kite construction. He?s happily flying around my farm.

All that work for a few months of exclusivity. The kite will probably be on sale next xmas for those that didn?t get it the first time :)

Congratulations on your bird!

PookieBear50
06-09-20, 10:41 PM
23 turn-ins, a lot of duplicates (too many), no Spring Meadow (fortunately, I have the original), and no Red Kite. Oh well...kind of expected it.

Pros
The event was doable. Although short, the event could be done in the limited time available. If a player focused and conscientiously opened the app regularly, it could be done quickly. And if a player opened the app frequently (but not necessarily regularly), it could still be done within the time constraints.
Players could sell extra parts. Players could sell their extra event items in their Side Shops, so--in theory--a player could theoretically complete the event solely by constantly scanning the Newspaper rather than using valuable tools in the Mine or spending time crafting in all the required buildings. I'm not saying it would be easy, but it would be possible.
It was paired with a Leaderboard event. Having concurrent events has its share of problems, but in this case, the overlap works to players' advantage, in that we needed to collect from the Pigs for the Pigs' Kite String, so we could also collect Leaderboard points at the same time. At the same time, we weren't being pulled in multiple directions to get things done, with nothing getting done because event-related tasks conflicted in what we could do.

Cons
Always the Mine. Why must the Mine always be used for these events? Not only are players reliant on good luck just to get the required event item, they are also reliant on good luck to get the mining tools in the first place. We can get them from deliveries, from loading the Train, awards from a Mole collection, from pets, and crafting them in the Forge (assuming we have the Forge and are willing to wait 8 hours for a tool...assuming we have Wood Boards to spare), but it is always--with the exception of the Forge--dependent on luck. Maybe if tools dropped more readily, the Mine would not be such a burden to go to for events. Honestly, I mined...but I also scoured the Newspaper hoping someone was selling Chicken Kite Paint, so I would not need to sacrifice more hard-to-come-by tools.
Too many parts. I mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again. Having the parts (Chicken Kite String) dropping from the crop Plots in such large numbers was a huge burden on many players' farms (to judge by how many of my neighbors had Side Shops filled with nothing but Chicken Kite Strings and how many times I saw up to 15 slots filled with Chicken Kite Strings in the Newspaper). In fairness, the day after I posted my initial complaint, it seemed like the drop rate decreased and my Barn filled less quickly with Chicken Kite Strings. Either that, or I was just not harvesting crops as often. But my suggestions, to repeat, are as follows:
- only drop 1 each time. That will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items. And if we want more, we just grow more crops and harvest more often.
- keep it random at 1 or 2, but slightly lower the drop rate. Again, that will slow things down but still provide a lot of event items.
- switch to something else, like the Cocoa Trees. The wait time is longer, but even dropping 1 or 2 EVERY time would not so quickly fill and overburden our Barns.
- choose one level-appropriate crop--Sugar Cane, perhaps--and have all drops come from that crop only. If players need a lot of parts, they can plant a lot of that crop.
- lower quantities required for the event from 10 to 4 or 5. Reducing the drop rate won't affect outcomes because we won't be needing quite so many as before.
Players still get a lot of drops, the Newspaper won't be flooded with extras of one specific part that no one wants (because everyone is getting them), and progress can still be made on the event. And for those players who finish early but no longer need event parts, they might still be able to find other items in the Newspaper and other players' Side Shops because there ARE other items players can sell instead of only event items that are taking up space in their Barns.
Paired with a Leaderboard...again. Yes, pairing the event with a Leaderboard event has its advantages. At the same time, though, why? IF I was lucky, plane deliveries requested items from the buildings that provided Leaderboard points and I was already crafting those items. More often than not, they weren't, and I wasn't...and when they DID show up, I already had items crafting that would take hours to finish. That meant discarding plane orders--necessary for the Cow Kite String--and having to wait for about 37 minutes for the next order to appear. I know I had to discard orders for Apple Cider because I had just queued a number of Pear Ciders to craft overnight, and to discard orders for Potpourri because I had Banana Chips queued up. The reverse also applies: the Chocolatier, Deep Fryer, and Farmer's Outpost were all busy crafting for this event, so I had to discard orders that might otherwise have been completed for the Leaderboard points...not because they wouldn't have provided event parts--it is possible they could have--but because the crafting times would be longer than I could spare while I was needing event parts (in particular the Cow Kite Frame). And, of course, the Farmer's Outpost was crafting the kites and the Kite Kit, so that was basically off-limits to any other purposes during the event.

Final Thoughts
I'm not going to complain about not receiving the Red Kite. Do I wish I had received it? Yes, of course. But I understand and accept that it was luck-based. Still, I can't help but feel that receiving 5 more Balloon Elephants, 3 Wooden Elephants, and 5 more Rainbow Arches (in addition to what I had before) was a bit frustrating. Oh well. Final rating: 3 out of 5 stars. (Would have gone 2 out of 5, but the seeming tweak in the middle to the drop rates from the plots gave me a better impression overall.)