PDA

View Full Version : Watermelons and Recipes - 2020 May 20th

judyandthecat
05-21-20, 04:15 PM
The game designers have given us a brand new permanent crop and recipes!

Permanent Recipes with pictures found here.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110987-Farm-Story-2-Watermelon-Recipes

judyandthecat
05-21-20, 04:16 PM
In the Market:
You will find 6 Planter Boxes for sale for coins
You will find 2 Golden Planter Boxes for sale for gems

The Watermelon Seeds take 3 hours 30 minutes to grow

Watermelon Seeds produces different kinds of Watermelon.
Basic Watermelon
Square Watermelon
Yellow Watermelon
Orange Watermelon
Moon and Stars Watermelon

It is a random drop.
Watch your newspaper because Watermelons can be bought and sold.

judyandthecat
05-21-20, 04:17 PM
Recipes
The following Recipes are permanent.
Farmer's Outpost
Recipe for Watermelon Grill
30 minutes Farmer's Outpost
4 Watermelon Seeds
4 Basic Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Shark
1 hour in the Farmer's Outpost
5 Watermelon Seeds
5 Square Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Flower
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
6 Watermelon Seeds
6 Yellow Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Pig
2 hours 30 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
7 Watermelon Seeds
7 Orange Watermelon

Watermelon Drink
3 hours in Farmer's Outpost
8 Watermelon Seeds
8 Moon and Stars Watermelon

Kitchen
Watermelon Punch
1 hour in the Kitchen
7 Watermelon Seeds
7 Square Watermelons
6 Brown Sugar

Extractor
Watermelon Essence
3 hours in Extractor
2 Watermelon Juice
5 Yellow Watermelons
8 White Sugar

JUICER
Watermelon Juice
2 hours 30 minutes in the JUICER
2 Watermelon Punch
6 Honey

Ice Creamery
? Watermelon Sherbet
4 hours in the Ice Creamery
2 Watermelon Juice
7 Moons and Stars Watermelons
7 Milk

Paul__
05-22-20, 07:48 AM
Wanted to post the info card here in case anyone didn’t see

Lapetshop7
05-22-20, 09:05 AM
So will these planter boxes be permanent too then?!

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 09:22 AM
So will these planter boxes be permanent too then?!

Yes that is what the Watermelons grow in and if you are lucky enough to win the Donkey pulling the Cart full of Watermelons it has a 3 hour 30 minute timer on it and it will give you extra Melons forever!

Lapetshop7
05-22-20, 09:28 AM
Oh wow that's awesome!! I really hope I win the donkey cart. I'm still stuck on goal 3 though. Still have 5 watermelon grills to go but its taking forever to get the watermelons needed. Is getting the golden planter boxes a good idea? Just didn't want to buy them if you couldn't use them after this event. I'm also still waiting to find watermelons in the shop so hoping I can finish in time.

Yes that is what the Watermelons grow in and if you are lucky enough to win the Donkey pulling the Cart full of Watermelons it has a 3 hour 30 minute timer on it and it will give you extra Melons forever!

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 09:32 AM
Oh wow that's awesome!! I really hope I win the donkey cart. I'm still stuck on goal 3 though. Still have 5 watermelon grills to go but its taking forever to get the watermelons needed. Is getting the golden planter boxes a good idea? Just didn't want to buy them if you couldn't use them after this event. I'm also still waiting to find watermelons in the shop so hoping I can finish in time.

Farmers as they finish will start sellin Melons and items made from Watermelons so keep checking your paper. There are a lot lot of days left in this event.
Good Luck!

Lapetshop7
05-22-20, 09:54 AM
Okay thank you. Good luck to you as well

Farmers as they finish will start sellin Melons and items made from Watermelons so keep checking your paper. There are a lot lot of days left in this event.
Good Luck!

TwixAndScones
05-22-20, 10:02 AM

Since this is a forever crop (the watermelon) does it make decent profit?

Also, is there a catch with the donkey? Do you have to feed it food, too? Or is it just like one of the fountains from the leaderboard events, where you just click on it, and it gives you it?

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 10:28 AM
Since this is a forever crop (the watermelon) does it make decent profit?

Also, is there a catch with the donkey? Do you have to feed it food, too? Or is it just like one of the fountains from the leaderboard events, where you just click on it, and it gives you it?

No all you do is collect from it every 3 hours 30 minutes. Often when they introduce a new crop, tree etc they have a special limited time event item that will give the item too. We have in the past won maple tree grove, orange tree grove, a candy tree that gives a chocolate item, an aquarium that gives Soy items a fantastic cinnamon Almond GNOME...he is animated, like the donkey cart being offered is animated and will be a fantastic prize. We even have a pot of gold that gives one gold ore. There are others too!

Mitzi111
05-29-20, 06:41 AM
so I just wanted to checkout the requirements of some of these permanent watermelon items. Did I calculate the Extract correctly???

For one extract:

28 square watermelons
5 orange watermelons
24 brown sugar
8 sugar
12 honey
28 seeds

little_veggie
05-31-20, 02:32 AM
Hello , where do I find the watermelon planters and seeds . I have not been playing for a few days and seem to have missed that
Thank you

PookieBear50
05-31-20, 02:49 AM
Hello , where do I find the watermelon planters and seeds . I have not been playing for a few days and seem to have missed that
Thank you

Check the Mega Melons thread for more information. Also, check your "To Do" list. You should have the first of 9 goals available there.

little_veggie
05-31-20, 04:38 AM
Check the Mega Melons thread for more information. Also, check your "To Do" list. You should have the first of 9 goals available there.

Thank you xx

Mitzi111
05-31-20, 04:56 PM
I just bought the Ice Creamery because I was excited to make Watermelon ice cream. I am very disappointed.... Did I calculate this correctly???

For one watermelon ice cream:

56 square watermelons
10 orange watermelons
48 brown sugar
16 sugar
24 honey
56 seeds
7 Star watermelons
7 milk

UPDATE: max coins for 1 watermelon sherbet is 175

That is a lot of work with a process using 3 buildings and many, many hours for such a small price

PookieBear50
05-31-20, 05:29 PM
so I just wanted to checkout the requirements of some of these permanent watermelon items. Did I calculate the Extract correctly???

For one extract:

28 square watermelons
5 orange watermelons
24 brown sugar
8 sugar
12 honey
28 seeds

I just bought the Ice Creamery because I was excited to make Watermelon ice cream. I am very disappointed.... Did I calculate this correctly???

For one watermelon ice cream:

56 square watermelons
10 orange watermelons
48 brown sugar
16 sugar
24 honey
56 seeds
7 Star watermelons
7 milk

I don't have the brain energy to think about all this, but I strongly suggest you not think too much about it. If you REALLY think about it, you're going to totally depress yourself.

As complex and involved as some of these recipes are, there are others that are...well, maybe not AS bad, but bad enough that I'm not going to ever willingly attempt them because of the demands on space and supplies and time (and just plain good luck). I'm thinking of the Chocolate Sundae in the Ice Creamery, the White Truffle Risotto in the Kitchen, the Wild Bouquet and the Romantic Bouquet in the Floral Shop, and the Almond Tea Service in the Bed and Breakfast. All of them require a lot of time OR a lot of luck, and I'm going to discard any orders that require a lot of these.

I'd suggest making as much Watermelon Punch (with the Square Watermelons) as you can, whenever your Kitchen is free to use, and stockpile that for whenever you need to making something else. That way it won't be as intimidating (or depressing) to contemplate.

Mitzi111
05-31-20, 11:34 PM
I don't have the brain energy to think about all this, but I strongly suggest you not think too much about it. If you REALLY think about it, you're going to totally depress yourself.

As complex and involved as some of these recipes are, there are others that are...well, maybe not AS bad, but bad enough that I'm not going to ever willingly attempt them because of the demands on space and supplies and time (and just plain good luck). I'm thinking of the Chocolate Sundae in the Ice Creamery, the White Truffle Risotto in the Kitchen, the Wild Bouquet and the Romantic Bouquet in the Floral Shop, and the Almond Tea Service in the Bed and Breakfast. All of them require a lot of time OR a lot of luck, and I'm going to discard any orders that require a lot of these.

I'd suggest making as much Watermelon Punch (with the Square Watermelons) as you can, whenever your Kitchen is free to use, and stockpile that for whenever you need to making something else. That way it won't be as intimidating (or depressing) to contemplate.

Thanks PookieBear50.... good advice!

PookieBear50
06-01-20, 12:17 AM
So, let me get this straight...

- Watermelon Punch uses Square Watermelons
- Watermelon Ice Cream and Watermelon Drink use Moon and Stars Watermelons
- Watermelon Essence uses Orange Watermelons

...but the only recipes for the Basic Watermelons (that we're likely to harvest 80% of the time) is the Watermelon Grill, and for the Yellow Watermelons is the Watermelon Flower?

Something is so wrong here...

TwixAndScones
06-01-20, 06:57 PM
What is this? And how do I make it

I try clicking on it, as most if not all the time it'll tell me where to make it - but this one doesn't?

Where and how do you make it?

judyandthecat
06-01-20, 07:03 PM

I try clicking on it, as most if not all the time it'll tell me where to make it - but this one doesn't?

Watermelon Punch
In the Kitchen

TwixAndScones
06-01-20, 08:34 PM
Watermelon Punch
In the Kitchen

Thank you Judy! I should've known as I've continually have used the kitchen lately. But my mind must've spaced it entirely! Regardless, I am glad for the help. So thank you! :)

RoyalBlue305
06-02-20, 05:31 AM
Well looks like there’s no way to finish. I added several of you from the forum (thank you) and a few of you had items (thank you) but just not enough time (sad). I still need one more piggie and then the drinks so no way unless Santa Claus shows up with a bunch of items lol. I just never got the Orange melons.

Ilamathy
06-22-20, 07:50 AM

You can find it in kitchen.u need 7 watermelon seeds,7 square watermelon ,6 brown sugar

judyandthecat
06-22-20, 09:33 AM
Click on this link and you will find a picture with the recipe for Watermelon items

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110987-Farm-Story-2-Watermelon-Recipes

TwixAndScones
09-28-20, 10:05 PM
Is the water essence ever really needed?

I made lots of them on one of my other farms (to then sell on my main one) to sell and make max profit off of.

I've never seen people sell them before - at least not on my end

My question is if they're ever needed for the train, bus, or plane. If not, then I imagine them sitting in my stall until the bots eventually buy them, which would be a pain if so.

But that is my doing. I just hope the (watermelon essence) is needed somewhere, and won't have to sit forever in the stall.

TwixAndScones
09-28-20, 10:58 PM
Is the water essence ever really needed?

I made lots of them on one of my other farms (to then sell on my main one) to sell and make max profit off of.

I've never seen people sell them before - at least not on my end

My question is if they're ever needed for the train, bus, or plane. If not, then I imagine them sitting in my stall until the bots eventually buy them, which would be a pain if so.

But that is my doing. I just hope the (watermelon essence) is needed somewhere, and won't have to sit forever in the stall.

I did just find out they can also be used on the hot air balloon.

I just checked what he needed and the "watermelon essence" was one.

Cool, but hopefully some people will need them for that or other things.

Paul__
09-28-20, 11:31 PM
I did just find out they can also be used on the hot air balloon.

I just checked what he needed and the "watermelon essence" was one.

Cool, but hopefully some people will need them for that or other things.

All recipes that are used in deliveries or train orders can be sold in the balloon

TwixAndScones
09-28-20, 11:37 PM
All recipes that are used in deliveries or train orders can be sold in the balloon

Yes, I just hope it's an item of some high (or particular) demand so it doesn't sit all day when I sell it. Because if it isn't of high demand, it will take a while for it to sell... If that makes sense?

Edit; it's selling faster than expected I only have 4 more sections of it left - a shocker, but I'm glad it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Paul__
09-28-20, 11:42 PM
Yes, I just hope it's an item of some high (or particular) demand so it doesn't sit all day when I sell it. Because if it isn't of high demand, it will take a while for it to sell... If that makes sense?

I think it isn’t sold that much because it is a little hard to make, 8 sugar, 2 watermelon drinks and 5 orange watermelon, so it should sell quickly.

Not sure how much it makes at maximum price though, if you know please lmk.

TwixAndScones
09-29-20, 12:01 AM
I think it isn?t sold that much because it is a little hard to make, 8 sugar, 2 watermelon drinks and 5 orange watermelon, so it should sell quickly.

Not sure how much it makes at maximum price though, if you know please lmk.

Max price - 1,750 coins
Market Price - 1,530 coins
Fully under market price - 350 coins

Same goes with the watermelon sherbet, at least in terms of market and under market price. Not sure about actual market price as I've not sold any yet.

--

I'm selling it full price, in fact, it's selling a lot better than I thought it would. I believe I only have 1 left in my market and it's only been up for about 30-35 minutes..

But you do have a point, why I don't see it ever in the market is probably because it's so hard to make.

Though to be honest (even though it requires so much to make just 1) I just didn't think it would sell this well. I thought it would take until 12pm or something like that before it sold completely - but shockingly! It didn't. Colour me surprised and intrigued. I may make more rounds of this soon again, not too often. Maybe once every month or so. As it does take a lot to make them.

TwixAndScones
09-29-20, 02:04 PM
Max price - 1,750 coins
Market Price - 1,530 coins
Fully under market price - 350 coins

Same goes with the watermelon sherbet, at least in terms of market and under market price. Not sure about actual market price as I've not sold any yet.

At market/Regular price, the watermelon sherbet sells for 1,140 coins.

But for full and under price, it sells the same as the essence. Just not at average market pricing.