PDA

View Full Version : Mega Melons - 2020 May 20

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 06:04 PM
A Donkey Cart - I have to have this

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. New Permanent Crop

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 9:Mega Melons
That weather is warming up and I keep thinking of something delicious! Piper, I have an idea for some new crops. Can you ask around and see how our friends feel about Watermelon?
Send 20 planes - LOWER level farms send 10 planes
Visit 20 Community Farmers - LOWER level visit 10
REWARDS: 200 coins, 4 watermelon seeds, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 9: Mega Melons
Watermelon is always delicious! Can we plant them right away? I want to keep a good eye on them!
Buy 1 Planter box from the Market
I had to hit go to get to where it is for sale
Get 1 Basic Watermelon from the Planter Box
Give 4 Watermelon Seeds
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 3 of 9: Mega Melons
I think these seeds are mixed Melons! I didn't even know there were so many types of Watermelons!
Get 1 Basic Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Grill in the Farmers Outpost
Give 6 Watermelon Grills

Goal 4 of 9: Mega Melons
Look at those Watermelons. They. Are. Square! So cool! I can't wait to bite into one!
Get 1 Square Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Shark in the Farmer's Outpost
Give 4 Watermelon Sharks

Goal 5 of 9: Mega Melons
We are going to be so good by the time it gets to summer! We'll impress everyone!
Get 1 Yellow Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Flower in the Farmer's Outpost
Give 2 Watermelon Flowers
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Melon programming TV, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 9: Mega Melons
Even our animals will love our Watermelons. It's a delicious and juicy treat!
Get 1 Orange Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Pig in Farmer's Outpost
Give 8 Watermelon Pigs
LOWER LEVELS give 4 Watermelon Pigs (Thanks kappy)

Goal 7 of 9: Mega Melons
I'm excited for the juice. Give me all the juice!
Get 1 Moon and Star Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Drink in Farmer's Outpost
Give 8 Watermelon Drinks

Goal 8 of 9: Mega Melons
Check out this new contraption! We'll be able to transport our Watermelons safely!
Get 1 Watermelon Cart in Specialty Goods
Give 4 Watermelon Carts
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Melon Sales, 3 experience points
This item is invisible when made

Goal 9 of 9: Mega Melons
With all these new Watermelons, we'll be able to really satisfy all of our friends. A cool Watermelon Basket will be a nice gift!
Get 1 Watermelon Basket in Specialty Goods
Give 2 Watermelon Baskets
This item is invisible when made
REWARDS: 1000 coins, 1 Donkey Cart, 10 experience points

Event Prizes
Melon Programming TV
Melon Sales
Animated Donkey Cart - has timer - gives pumpkins every 3 hours 30 minutes

Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Decorations For Sale
Melon Mascot - 200 gems
Melon Mascot Sign - 25 gems
Melon Tractor - 50 gems

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 06:05 PM
There are Recipes in the Farmer's Outpost, Specialty Goods, Kitchen, Ice Creamery, JUICER, Extractor

Watermelon Seeds produce different kinds of Watermelon.
Basic Watermelon
Square Watermelon
Yellow Watermelon
Orange Watermelon
Moon and Stars Watermelon

It is a random drop.
Watch your newspaper because Watermelons can be bought and sold.

Permanent Recipes found here

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110888-Watermelons-and-Recipes-2020-May-20th

Recipes

Recipe for Watermelon Grill
30 minutes Farmer's Outpost
4 Watermelon Seeds
4 Basic Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Shark
1 hour in the Farmer's Outpost
5 Watermelon Seeds
5 Square Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Flower
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
6 Watermelon Seeds
6 Yellow Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Pig
2 hours 30 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
7 Watermelon Seeds
7 Orange Watermelon

Watermelon Drink
3 hours in Farmer's Outpost
8 Watermelon Seeds
8 Moon and Stars Watermelon

Timed Recipes

Recipe For Watermelon Cart
4 hours in Specialty Goods
4 Square Watermelons
4 Yellow Watermelons
4 Orange Watermelons
4 Moon and Stars Watermelons

Recipe for Watermelon Basket
8 hours in Specialty Goods
2 Watermelon Grills
2 Watermelon Sharks
2 Watermelon Flowers
1 Watermelon Pig

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 06:07 PM
Goal 1 of 9
Send 20 planes
Visit 20 Community Farmers
REWARDS: 200 coins, 4 watermelon seeds, 3 experience points

NOTE: I visited a neighbour did not count so it is
Visit Community Farmers

TwixAndScones
05-20-20, 06:10 PM
A Donkey Cart - I have to have this

I honestly have to agree, it's cute rocking the little sunglasses! Though with my luck, I'm not sure if I will be able to. But we will see! :)

Edit: Also is it hard to do these events? I have yet to actual participate in something like this.

ankavale1000
05-20-20, 06:18 PM
Saved

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 06:29 PM
I honestly have to agree, it's cute rocking the little sunglasses! Though with my luck, I'm not sure if I will be able to. But we will see! :)

Edit: Also is it hard to do these events? I have yet to actual participate in something like this.

Kappy it is send 20 planes and visit 20nfarmers for high level farms.
Could you tell us what your level is and what your goal is for low level farmers?

TwixAndScones
05-20-20, 06:35 PM
Kappy it is send 20 planes and visit 20nfarmers for high level farms.
Could you tell us what your level is and what your goal is for low level farmers?

Level 21

10 deliveries and 10 farmers, if I am understanding what you're asking, correctly. Sorry if not. :(

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 06:40 PM
Level 21

10 deliveries and 10 farmers, if I am understanding what you're asking, correctly. Sorry if not. :(

Thank You
Perfect that is exactly what I wanted to know!

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 06:48 PM
Goal 2
Buy 1 Planter box from the Market
Give 4 Watermelon Seeds

PookieBear50
05-20-20, 09:38 PM
Interesting. By all appearances, we have a new crop: Watermelons. Some of the recipes appear to be limited time while others are permanent.

And yet, though there are Watermelon recipes in many of the sweets-associated buildings, there are none for the Candy Maker. Hmm...

ankavale1000
05-20-20, 10:08 PM
If these melons are permanent, even if I don’t complete the event, the donkey cart will be on sale right?

I’m trying to think back to soys and mangoes, but can’t be sure.

judyandthecat
05-20-20, 10:30 PM
Goal 3
Get 1 Basic Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Grill in the Farmers Outpost
Give 6 Watermelon Grills

Recipes: Watermelon Grill
4 Watermelon Seeds
4 Basic Watermelons

gdr4gon
05-21-20, 08:33 AM
From goal 2, we got something. It looked like another planter box... Where is it?

Mitzi111
05-21-20, 08:44 AM
*** Has anyone gotten far enough along to know whether it would be *an advantage or *a disadvantage to go ahead and buy several planter boxes during Goal 2 in order to get ahead with growing watermelons for future goals? (in some events this is a waste of time and resources because the next goal or so might ask you to plant more)

jentlezat
05-21-20, 10:35 AM
"visit anyone" NEVER means visit everyone - I don't like it . it seems deceptive.

Peggyg723
05-21-20, 10:42 AM
From goal 2, we got something. It looked like another planter box... Where is it?

same thing happened to me.. forced close and still nothing..

TwixAndScones
05-21-20, 11:28 AM
The crop area for the watermelons actually looked cute, but on my farm, they look like a black hole/a void of darkness?

Is it supposed to look like this?

judyandthecat
05-21-20, 12:05 PM
Goal 4
Look at those Watermelons. They. Are. Square! So cool! I can't wait to bite into one!
Get 1 Square Watermelon
Make 1 Watermelon Shark in the Farmer's Outpost
Give 4 Watermelon Sharks

5 Watermelon Seeds
5 Square Watermelons

kindefarm1890
05-21-20, 02:37 PM

The planter box from goal 2 is not a free box. All it did was open up 2 gold planter boxes that you can buy for 25 gems each.

TwixAndScones
05-21-20, 03:08 PM
The crop area for the watermelons actually looked cute, but on my farm, they look like a black hole/a void of darkness?

Is it supposed to look like this?

Oh finally! The crops finally appear for the watermelon!

I'm already on part 3 - later I should be able to progress to part 4.

I may actually have luck receiving the donkey!! :)

Especially if there's only 9 parts to this, and if it'll remain as easy as it has, I should pass through this event with easyness.

dy3w3nch
05-21-20, 03:51 PM
How do I get a planter box? It?s greyed out in my shop with ?Goal? written on it.

judyandthecat
05-21-20, 04:14 PM
Watermelons are a new permanent crop.
Recipes that aren't timed will be permanent.
I will be doing a thread on our new crop.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110888-Watermelons-and-Recipes-2020-May-20th

judyandthecat
05-21-20, 04:32 PM
How do I get a planter box? It?s greyed out in my shop with ?Goal? written on it.

In your to do list...you need to do goal 1 and then when you get to goal 2 it will unlock.

benjibakery
05-22-20, 06:01 AM
The goal, wonderful watermelons, what is the prize at the end? I hate doing the goals to just receive expansion parts

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 06:34 AM
The goal, wonderful watermelons, what is the prize at the end? I hate doing the goals to just receive expansion parts

We won't know until someone does it and posts

Mitzi111
05-22-20, 07:59 AM
i grew my first watermelon & made a grill. Then planted 6 watermelons. But when I harvested, 5 of them disappeared ??? It only shows that I have 1 warptermelon! So I cant make those 6 grills! I replanted 6 more watermelons, but what if it only gives me 1 again? and what a waste of time on the first 3 hour wait.
HELP Am I doing something wrong? Can I get my 5 watermelons ?

princessskykennedy
05-22-20, 08:07 AM
Mitzi....maybe you harvested some of the other ones? The plants grow 4 different types. Check your silo.

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 09:30 AM
i grew my first watermelon & made a grill. Then planted 6 watermelons. But when I harvested, 5 of them disappeared ??? It only shows that I have 1 warptermelon! So I cant make those 6 grills! I replanted 6 more watermelons, but what if it only gives me 1 again? and what a waste of time on the first 3 hour wait.
HELP Am I doing something wrong? Can I get my 5 watermelons ?

It takes four Basic Watermelons to make 1 Grill
4 Watermelon Seeds
4 Basic Watermelons

Every time you Harvest you will get a variety of 5 different Watermelons.
Basic Watermelon
Square Watermelon
Yellow Watermelon
Orange Watermelon

So check your silo for the different Melons.

Mitzi111
05-22-20, 09:53 AM
It takes four Basic Watermelons to make 1 Grill
4 Watermelon Seeds
4 Basic Watermelons

Every time you Harvest you will get a variety of 5 different Watermelons.
Basic Watermelon
Square Watermelon
Yellow Watermelon
Orange Watermelon

So check your silo for the different Melons.

OOHHHHH I feel like a doofus! I checked my silo and there they were....different types of watermelons. I assumed that all of the ones that I planted were Basic. Thanks for the explanation Judyandthecat !

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 10:00 AM
OOHHHHH I feel like a doofus! I checked my silo and there they were....different types of watermelons. I assumed that all of the ones that I planted were Basic. Thanks for the explanation Judyandthecat !

I did the same thing swiped my finger across all the Melons not paying close attention..now I swipe one at a time to see what I Harvest.

pspoiled65
05-22-20, 08:27 PM
Does anyone have the lists for the side goal wonderful watermelon?

PookieBear50
05-22-20, 10:22 PM
This is painful. Waiting 3.5 hours for Watermelons to ripen is difficult enough, but then having the possibility of not two types of watermelons (as with some of the other tree and vine crops), but 5? I am maybe three-fourths tempted to buy the Golden Planters because at the rate I'm going, I won't finish without them :(

princessskykennedy
05-23-20, 05:31 AM
Does anyone have the lists for the side goal wonderful watermelon? I am waiting too! You HAVE to make all the items so it is taking longer. First is pancakes, second apple pies, third is eggs. But again you nee to make them to register the goal, sorry still on eggs. No clue if all this work is just for a part I don’t need.

pspoiled65
05-23-20, 08:13 AM
Thanks. I am up to eggs now too

yaarrtjee
05-23-20, 08:24 AM
Next one is the maple cotton candy.

bj2500
05-23-20, 09:29 AM
The prize for wonderful watermelons is just 3 explanion tickets....

RoyalBlue305
05-23-20, 09:59 AM
The prize for wonderful watermelons is just 3 explanion tickets....

I wish it was something that actually had to do with the event taking place. I like the side goals and I always try to finish them but it would be nice to have the prizes be relatable to the other tasks.

TwixAndScones
05-23-20, 01:36 PM
Hello Judy.

For the pig request, the watermelon,

For me, as I level 22 now - it's 4 pigs for me, to turn in. (For lower level players)

Here is picture

Anyway...
I finally got the TV! Interesting. I placed it near my herb garden as it matched the pink thing to it.

zzzzzoii
05-23-20, 02:10 PM
Hello Judy.

For me, as I level 22 now - it's 4 pigs for me, to turn in. (For lower level players)

Here is picture

Anyway...
I finally got the TV! Interesting. I placed it near my herb garden as it matched the pink thing to it.

Thank you for posting this. I was thinking of getting the gem plots.

Did you just get the tv only, or did you get all three event prizes. If there is no guarantee of the donkey cart, there is no point in this event.

It?s too painful with the long harvest time. And I tried placing it in the shop and it sells for nothing. Hope that is just for event. And increases later, by a lot. And increases in xp too.

It would also be nice to have a new machine for the new items after the event. I think that was done for the sugar spinner or something.

judyandthecat
05-23-20, 04:20 PM
Thank you for posting this. I was thinking of getting the gem plots.

Did you just get the tv only, or did you get all three event prizes. If there is no guarantee of the donkey cart, there is no point in this event.

It?s too painful with the long harvest time. And I tried placing it in the shop and it sells for nothing. Hope that is just for event. And increases later, by a lot. And increases in xp too.

It would also be nice to have a new machine for the new items after the event. I think that was done for the sugar spinner or something.

The animated donkey cart that gives Watermelons every three hours 30 minutes is the prize at the end of goal 9

judyandthecat
05-23-20, 04:21 PM
Hello Judy.

Here is picture

Anyway...

Thanks Kappy going to add that to the goal in post 1

princessskykennedy
05-23-20, 04:26 PM
The prize for wonderful watermelons is just 3 explanion tickets....Thx! Guess I am done!

zzzzzoii
05-23-20, 04:32 PM
The animated donkey cart that gives Watermelons every three hours 30 minutes is the prize at the end of goal 9

Oh ok. Thanks. That?s wonderful

tsumtsum27
05-23-20, 07:56 PM
From goal 6 up is so hard to accomplished. For goal 6 alone, 8 melon pigs that needed 56 red melons. Ive been planting from the start of the event and only got 9 red melons so far.

Paul__
05-23-20, 08:24 PM
From goal 6 up is so hard to accomplished. For goal 6 alone, 8 melon pigs that needed 56 red melons. Ive been planting from the start of the event and only got 9 red melons so far.

Remember, you have 14 days for a reason. Keep trying!

PookieBear50
05-24-20, 02:12 AM
Remember, you have 14 days for a reason. Keep trying!

I hope you are right (and we're down to 10 days now). Not only are we making a LOT of things with randomly dropped watermelons, we also need to get MORE of them and make MORE things at the end, because whatever we make along the way, we need to turn in.

Moissonor
05-24-20, 09:24 AM
For the future (I am presently at goal 6)
Goals 8 and 9
Is it possible to make in advance 3 carts and complete when we will reach goal 8 ? (Invisible but the counter adds it for the future goal)
Is it possible to make in advance 1 basket and complete when we will reach goal 9 ? (Same remark)

Merci
Bon courage

judyandthecat
05-24-20, 10:22 AM
For the future (I am presently at goal 6)
Goals 8 and 9
Is it possible to make in advance 3 carts and complete when we will reach goal 8 ? (Invisible but the counter adds it for the future goal)
Is it possible to make in advance 1 basket and complete when we will reach goal 9 ? (Same remark)

Merci
Bon courage

You need one to be able to pick up that is in the machine or that part of the goal will not check off

Moissonor
05-24-20, 10:45 AM
You need one to be able to pick up that is in the machine or that part of the goal will not check off

Now, I have lot of TIME waiting for watermelon parts. But I understand.
Merci pour vos r?ponses.

Lilliepaddd
05-24-20, 09:33 PM

I've been stuck on this for almost 2 days. Ugh not getting the right melons lol

applesmcgee
05-24-20, 10:58 PM
Ugh yes me too! Totally stuck getting the red melons for the melon pigs! And of course there's never any in the newspaper

Mitzi111
05-25-20, 02:32 AM
I didn't understand the explanation to someone else's question for 'can we make ahead'? So here is my question:
I am on Goal 4. Would it be beneficial for me to look ahead at goals and begin crafting .....examples: make grills for the basket or make up to 7 pigs (since the goal is 8 pigs I know I have to make 1 of them during the goal), etc.
I'm just always worried that there will be some little set-back if I work ahead, like they won't count toward the goal

PookieBear50
05-25-20, 02:44 AM
I didn't understand the explanation to someone else's question for 'can we make ahead'? So here is my question:
I am on Goal 4. Would it be beneficial for me to look ahead at goals and begin crafting .....examples: make grills for the basket or make up to 7 pigs (since the goal is 8 pigs I know I have to make 1 of them during the goal), etc.
I'm just always worried that there will be some little set-back if I work ahead, like they won't count toward the goal

You SHOULD be able to make extras, because--as nearly as I can tell, because I'm only on goal 6--for the last goals, you only need to have the finished melon crafts so that you can make the basket or the cart...you don't need to make them at that time. So, for example, you could in theory make extra grills and sharks while you wait to harvest more melons (because the pigs take so long).

It sounds as though you may have more of those Orange Watermelons than some of the others. I would say, go ahead and start crafting if you don't have enough of the other types of watermelons to do make the crafts required by your goal. It will save you time later. But it is up to you.

praphulladp
05-25-20, 02:54 AM
Ohhh God! Plz save us.... 3 days stuck on the goal 6, no orange melons for the watermelon pigs! Plz help ������

Mitzi111
05-25-20, 02:59 AM
You SHOULD be able to make extras, because--as nearly as I can tell, because I'm only on goal 6--for the last goals, you only need to have the finished melon crafts so that you can make the basket or the cart...you don't need to make them at that time. So, for example, you could in theory make extra grills and sharks while you wait to harvest more melons (because the pigs take so long).

It sounds as though you may have more of those Orange Watermelons than some of the others. I would say, go ahead and start crafting if you don't have enough of the other types of watermelons to do make the crafts required by your goal. It will save you time later. But it is up to you.

THANKS PookieBear50 ! I will start crafting for my basket while I wait on square watermelons to appear in my planter boxes.

Mitzi111
05-25-20, 03:08 AM
I have been stocking up on sugar, honey, & brown sugar because I saw those ingredients in the punch, extractor, etc. I just realized that those are for the permanent crafts. Will I need any of that for this event? If not, then I can sure use that space in my silo!

PookieBear50
05-25-20, 03:08 AM
THANKS PookieBear50 ! I will start crafting for my basket while I wait on square watermelons to appear in my planter boxes.

Oddly, at the moment I only have 3 each of all the melons except the Basic Watermelons, so I started making the 4 additional Grills for the two baskets.

PookieBear50
05-25-20, 03:11 AM
I have been stocking up on sugar, honey, & brown sugar because I saw those ingredients in the punch, extractor, etc. I just realized that those are for the permanent crafts. Will I need any of that for this event? If not, then I can sure use that space in my silo!

According to the goals listed at the start of this thread (thanks, judyandthecat!), I don't think we will be needing them...and, by the way, I think all the other crafts--the Grill, Shark, etc.--are also permanent; it is only the basket and the cart that seem to be event-only crafts (the only ones with the clock icon, anyway).

judyandthecat
05-25-20, 03:13 AM
Here these are the goal recipes

Recipes

Goal 3
4 Watermelon Seeds
4 Basic Watermelons

Goal 4
5 Watermelon Seeds
5 Square Watermelons

Goal 5
Recipe for Watermelon Flower
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
6 Watermelon Seeds
6 Yellow Watermelons

Goal 6
Recipe for Watermelon Pig
2 hours 30 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
7 Watermelon Seeds
7 Orange Watermelon

Goal 7
Watermelon Drink
3 hours in Farmer's Outpost
8 Watermelon Seeds
8 Moon and Stars Watermelon

Timed Recipes
Goal 8
Recipe For Watermelon Cart
4 hours in Specialty Goods
4 Square Watermelons
4 Yellow Watermelons
4 Orange Watermelons
4 Moon and Stars Watermelons

Goal 9
Recipe for Watermelon Basket
8 hours in Specialty Goods
2 Watermelon Grills
2 Watermelon Sharks
2 Watermelon Flowers
1 Watermelon Pig

Mitzi111
05-25-20, 03:16 AM
According to the goals listed at the start of this thread (thanks, judyandthecat!), I don't think we will be needing them...and, by the way, I think all the other crafts--the Grill, Shark, etc.--are also permanent; it is only the basket and the cart that seem to be event-only crafts (the only ones with the clock icon, anyway).

ok great! i think i will use up my sugars or put them in the market. That will add 55 spaces back to my silo! Can you hear me clapping?

farmer_steen
05-25-20, 08:02 AM
Can you tell me why higher levels (I'm level 63) have to make more than lower levels? I can't make them or harvest the melons any quicker than someone at level 20!

lubok
05-25-20, 08:47 AM
I wonder shall we be able to sell and buy watermelon carts and baskets? I can buy grills or sharks, but what about those timed items?

tsumtsum27
05-25-20, 09:31 AM
I wonder shall we be able to sell and buy watermelon carts and baskets? I can buy grills or sharks, but what about those timed items?

They r invisible. Cant be buy/sell. CMIIW

tsumtsum27
05-25-20, 09:34 AM
Any one buy the gem plots ? Is the harvest time is same for 3.5 hours or less time ?

TwixAndScones
05-25-20, 11:03 AM
The watermelon pig is so hard to make 😩 I've only made one, the last day; and still have got 3 more. And I am barely even close getting a second one made. Though, to be fair, I cannot complain. As higher levels than me have to make 8 of them, where I only have to make 4, and only need 3 to make now.

Though luckily, I have found the watermelon flowers and sharks in the newspaper stand! So I won't have to make more of them later on, when they're required for the end bit of the goal.

NewtyFruity
05-25-20, 11:04 AM
Most players will not get pass level 6 in this event.
It seems the melons that are required the most don't randomly appear as often.
You'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 orange watermelons in a day and you need 56 to complete level 6.
Even if you make it pass 6, level 7 is even harder.
You need 64 moon and star watermelons and you'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 in a day.
They should just allow you to make the watermelons you need like in previous events.
Unless they fix this it's a lost cause.
Good luck!

lubok
05-25-20, 11:07 AM
They r invisible. Cant be buy/sell. CMIIW
Thank you!

Any one buy the gem plots ? Is the harvest time is same for 3.5 hours or less time ?
Yes, they are all the same as ordinary plots.

YasminIssa
05-25-20, 08:55 PM
I think this event is impossible to finish. With the low drop rate of the required melons from the plots I think no one can make it on time without spending gems or money ��

ankavale1000
05-25-20, 10:10 PM
Can you tell me why higher levels (I'm level 63) have to make more than lower levels? I can't make them or harvest the melons any quicker than someone at level 20!

Good call.

Stormie, in the future, for events involving permanent crops/recipes, could you make requirements identical for all farms? Thank you.

PookieBear50
05-26-20, 01:25 AM
Sigh. 8 planters (yes, I went and spent the gems on two extra planters) and not one orange watermelon. It looks like I'm not going to get past goal 6 at all...

gdr4gon
05-26-20, 07:06 AM
Keep going evebody! As higher level farms finish they are starting to sell melons and items already made. I'm almost done thanks to them and will be selling too :)

TwixAndScones
05-26-20, 08:36 AM
Keep going evebody! As higher level farms finish they are starting to sell melons and items already made. I'm almost done thanks to them and will be selling too :)

If you don't mind - when you start selling, what will you be selling?

Because for me the watermelon foods are harder than the maps, land deeds and etc to find.

I'm not sure why, but I've only had luck finding the flowers and sharks.

Is it because they sell fast?

gdr4gon
05-26-20, 09:32 AM
I think everybody always sells whatever they have extra of. But I mean to sell all the watermelon stuff for this event to help others finish.
And I think they are hard to find because not a lot have finished and are not selling yet.

Bobbar1
05-26-20, 10:58 AM
I don?t get it. Having 2 different fruits from one tree is one thing. Having ( random is beyond absurd and impossible. I have made 2 pic mellons in 4 days. At this rate I will need 12-14 days more to complete this quest. What?s the point. You need to adjust somhing. Either the drop rate or reduce the time to harvest or make it multiple fruit from each plant something. Unless the objective was to have everyone fail. I never complain but this is the exception as it is an exercise in futility

dulcepaty
05-26-20, 11:09 AM
Estoy atascada en el objetivo 7. No he obtenido las sandias lunares. A colmo son 8 jugos aparte de las que piden en los carritos de sandia del objetivo 8. No creo lograrlo.

tabbers_31
05-26-20, 12:52 PM
I cannot access Melon plots on my farm and I?m at level 42. Please help

dulcepaty
05-26-20, 02:32 PM
Tabbers_31 Para acceder a las parcelas de sandia debes cumplir las 20 entregas y las 20 visitas a la comunidad del objetivo 1... Al completarlo se desbloquean.

judyandthecat
05-26-20, 03:16 PM
I cannot access Melon plots on my farm and I?m at level 42. Please help

Goal 1
Send 20 planes
Visit 20 Community Farmers

AFTER YOU COMPLETE ABOVE GOAL THE PLANTER BOXES BECOME AVAILABLE
Goal 2
Buy 1 Planter box from the Market HIT GO
Give 4 Watermelon Seeds

bj2500
05-26-20, 06:15 PM
These moon and star melons are tough to get I may get 1 a day, been going thu and just visiting a lot of farms and just hoping I can find more I have bought a extra plot but doesn?t seem to help much! How do they expect us to finish with only getting one random melon,one a day of the type I need. I was lucky to find melon pigs on a neighbors farm otherwise it would be worse. :(

dulcepaty
05-26-20, 07:15 PM
Lo mismo me pasa. Obtengo todo excepto ese. En el peri?dico encuentro todo excepto ese. No aparece!!!

PookieBear50
05-26-20, 11:43 PM
These moon and star melons are tough to get I may get 1 a day, been going thu and just visiting a lot of farms and just hoping I can find more I have bought a extra plot but doesn?t seem to help much! How do they expect us to finish with only getting one random melon,one a day of the type I need. I was lucky to find melon pigs on a neighbors farm otherwise it would be worse. :(

At least you found them. All I'm seeing in the newspaper or in neighbors' shops are seeds. Lots and lots of seeds. I have yet to see a single melon or melon craft in the Newspaper. :(

PuntaMita
05-27-20, 02:43 AM
I've been on goal 6 for days and continue to get regular and square melons almost exclusively. Like, 30+ of each! I have spent a lot of time watching newspaper and visiting other farms, with no luck. Looks like the only chance is if other players who finish continue to harvest and sell what we can't seem to get.
Thanks to all who post and share, much appreciated.

Mitzi111
05-27-20, 06:35 AM
Only a few days left and I Can't get pig melons to grow, nor are any in the paper. I am stuck on that goal �� (just venting)

YasminIssa
05-27-20, 10:08 AM
Stuck on goal 6 for days and still have 3 more watermelon bigs to make :(
I’m a constant player and did not miss a minutes planting the seeds and yet can’t finish it. I wonder whether other players would be able to ?!

lennumber1
05-27-20, 10:17 AM
Players if you finished this event and want to help please sell the watermelons or crafted items from steps 6-9. Selling crafted items from the earlier steps don’t help those struggling to complete this event. Thanks to those trying to help and hopefully my newspaper will offer those items and not just the watermelon seeds and the basic watermelon

Moissonor
05-27-20, 10:56 AM
For Goals 3 to 7
We can use the verb GET instead of the verb MAKE. The verb Make means a constrain I think for the game. Here, it is not an obligation, it is a possibility. Another one, it is the newspaper stand or neighbors.

TwixAndScones
05-27-20, 06:15 PM
I finally found the Watermelon Drink the newspaper stand just a few minutes ago. I was overcharged for them, but I definitely think it was worth it - knowing how hard they're to get.

I'm hoping I can eventually find watermelon pigs; but so far, no luck :(

Victory456
05-27-20, 07:02 PM
For Goals 3 to 7
We can use the verb GET instead of the verb MAKE. The verb Make means a constrain I think for the game. Here, it is not an obligation, it is a possibility. Another one, it is the newspaper stand or neighbors.

How important are the watermelon pigs. Impossible to make. Hope all are keeping well.

princessskykennedy
05-27-20, 08:18 PM
Only a few days left and I Can't get pig melons to grow, nor are any in the paper. I am stuck on that goal �� (just venting) check your wall!

tsumtsum27
05-27-20, 09:48 PM
My train delivery require 10 shark melons. I discharge. The train came back with another requirement : 27 basic melons.

PookieBear50
05-27-20, 11:02 PM
12 Yellow Watermelons. 35 Orange Watermelons. 56 Moon and Stars Watermelons. That's how many more I need to finish the crafting for this event. This does not include the Watermelons needed for the cart. 6 days, and the bulk of the Watermelons I'm getting are all Basic or Square. The odds are not looking very good...

Help?

tromalyt
05-28-20, 01:37 AM
I am very mad right now.

I bought the two extra plots with gems the very first day, and for the last two times I harvest I did not get any moon and stars melons.

0 out of 16 plots!!!

How I am supposed to get 64 to pass the level?

I regret spending the Gems, I feel scammed

Moissonor
05-28-20, 04:39 AM
Goal 7 : Lower Levels give 4 Watermelon Drinks
Goal 8 : Lower Levels give 2 Watermelon Carts
Goal 9 : Lower Levels give 2 Watermelon Baskets

Bobbar1
05-28-20, 05:46 AM
I latter 3 days I am finally able to make my 4th pig. I only have 3 stars melons so can?t even make any drinks. The software engineer who developed this event needs to review his analytics because there are some radical flaws

RoyalBlue305
05-28-20, 09:46 AM
Wow looks like we’re all in the same boat here. I too am stuck on the pig goal, not receiving any yellow or orange watermelons. It took me forever to finish the Rose goal and have been stuck on the pig for 3 days now. I also bought (with real money by purchasing gems) the extra two plots but it has not changed the outcome as I only get the basic watermelons. I dread the next goal and the carts as I probably will have no shot at completing the challenge. I understand completely why S8 configures the game so you will feel compelled to buy gems since that is their business model vs charging a monthly subscription fee. However if this is the case, reward your customers (since that’s what we are when we pay real money) with a shot at actually completing the challenge. It seems as though it’s virtually and literally impossible to finish these challenges even if you do purchase with real money the boosts. This is disconcerting and unfortunate since we are paying for enjoyment and entertainment. We should in essence get what we paid for. If I order and pay for a sandwich from a restaurant, I should get the whole sandwich not just the lettuce and a slice of cheese.

TwixAndScones
05-28-20, 10:45 AM
Honestly, I'm scared to level up any further than a level 22 - as I am currently on level 22. As had it not been for the low quantity for the pigs, (4) instead of the 8 for higher level players, I definitely wouldn't even have the chance of finishing, like I may have now.

Because if I was any level much higher than what I am, this challenge definitely would be impossible. And I don't want to jeopardise any future challenge just by levelling up.

Like someone said in this thread, previously, with other stuff

I don?t get it. Having 2 different fruits from one tree is one thing. Having ( random is beyond absurd and impossible. I have made 2 pic mellons in 4 days. At this rate I will need 12-14 days more to complete this quest. What?s the point. You need to adjust somhing. Either the drop rate or reduce the time to harvest or make it multiple fruit from each plant something. Unless the objective was to have everyone fail. I never complain but this is the exception as it is an exercise in futility

vines have only 2 different types of stuff to collect from it, relatively easy, but this watermelon crop or planting area for it, drops more than 2 different types. All very random and some being very rare collecting or getting.

Plus have a wait time of almost 4 hours?

This challenge, going into it, I thought would be easy, it has not been at all, even for a lower player like myself, who doesn't require much.

It's discouraging to level up any further into the game, for me anymore. As I'm feeling like there's a few disadvantages to being a higher level.

I will still play, but only make things and craft things as necessary.

Or only buy from the newspaper stand, to get what I need or want. Even if at times, it's expensive - Just to prevent from getting any XP points.

lennumber1
05-28-20, 12:36 PM
If Stormie is going to sell event related items can it please be something besides watermelon seeds. Anyone with the watermelon plots can get the seeds easily enough.

jmbgirlzx4
05-28-20, 12:47 PM
This event was beyond challenging! Had it not been for me scouring the newspaper and neighbors? farm non-stop, I would not have finished. That said, I have completed the event and have items for sale in my shop and will help with crafting items for those interested. Thanks!

lennumber1
05-28-20, 12:54 PM
This event was beyond challenging! Had it not been for me scouring the newspaper and neighbors? farm non-stop, I would not have finished. That said, I have completed the event and have items for sale in my shop and will help with crafting items for those interested. Thanks!

Sent friend request please accept thank you

jmbgirlzx4
05-28-20, 02:26 PM
Sent friend request please accept thank you

Accepted and visited your farm!

lennumber1
05-28-20, 02:40 PM
Accepted and visited your farm!

Thank You returned the visit to your farm

TwixAndScones
05-28-20, 02:57 PM
12 Yellow Watermelons. 35 Orange Watermelons. 56 Moon and Stars Watermelons. That's how many more I need to finish the crafting for this event. This does not include the Watermelons needed for the cart. 6 days, and the bulk of the Watermelons I'm getting are all Basic or Square. The odds are not looking very good...

Help?

What part are you currently on now?

PookieBear50
05-28-20, 05:00 PM
What part are you currently on now?

Still on Goal #6 (pigs).

If I'm counting correctly, I now need 1 more Flower, 4 more Pigs, 7 more Drinks, and the additional Watermelons for the carts. So, including what I have right now...

9 Yellow Watermelons (1 more to make one more Flower and 8 for 2 carts)
35 Orange Watermelons (27 more to make 4 Pigs and 8 for 2 carts)
64 Moon and Stars Watermelons (miscounted before; 48 for 6 more Drinks, and 8 for 2 carts)

Sigh...still a long way to go.

TwixAndScones
05-28-20, 05:41 PM
Still on Goal #6 (pigs).

If I'm counting correctly, I now need 1 more Flower, 4 more Pigs, 7 more Drinks, and the additional Watermelons for the carts. So, including what I have right now...

64 Moon and Stars Watermelons (miscounted before; 48 for 6 more Drinks, and 8 for 2 carts)

I have exactly 7 watermelon drinks, if you would want them, or if it will be of help.

Though unfortunately, I don't have any pigs myself - that I could lend.... if I can get the donkey cart soon, I'll also lend help that way. But as of now, I'm on part 8. So it'll take me a bit to lend more. But if you would like them; let me know.

bj2500
05-28-20, 05:44 PM
Welll....2 days in a row no moon and stars melons im on every 3 to 3.5 hours so I don?t miss a collection. i bought a extra plot. I have like 150+basic melons. Hoping for improvements still visiting as many farms as I can. trying to hang in there but needs a lot of melon to go to the next level. Hello (knock knock knock) anyone there. : /

jmbgirlzx4
05-28-20, 06:13 PM
Still on Goal #6 (pigs).

I have pigs I can sell to you. We are already neighbors, so please visit and leave a note on my wall so I know when to sell. I have sold over 20 so far and want to make sure they get to you!

PookieBear50
05-28-20, 06:29 PM
I have exactly 7 watermelon drinks, if you would want them, or if it will be of help.

Though unfortunately, I don't have any pigs myself - that I could lend.... if I can get the donkey cart soon, I'll also lend help that way. But as of now, I'm on part 8. So it'll take me a bit to lend more. But if you would like them; let me know.

If I can buy 5 of them (since I need to make one when the goal becomes active), it would be greatly appreciated.

jmbgirlzx4
05-28-20, 06:32 PM
If I can buy 5 of them (since I need to make one when the goal becomes active), it would be greatly appreciated.

Come on over! I?m on now- leave hearts, post on my wall and hang out for a moment and I will post them in my shop right away! Please lmk you got them!

PookieBear50
05-28-20, 07:23 PM
Still on Goal #6 (pigs).

Either my math s****s are totally declining, or I'm really tired from working from home...I'm hoping it's the latter.

Thanks to two generous neighbors, I now need only

9 Yellow Watermelons (1 more for one more Flower, and 8 for 2 carts)
8 Orange Watermelons (7 for 2 carts)
16 Moon and Stars Watermelons (8 for one more drink, 8 for 2 carts)

I should be able to get those in the next few days...whatever extras I get I'll immediately put up for sale to help others, just as others have helped me.

yaarrtjee
05-28-20, 11:53 PM
i am stuck at the watermelon drink. Only got 2 moon and star melons past 2 days...
I have plenty of pigs so if anyone needs them let me know!

ktwhoopi
05-29-20, 02:01 AM
This is SO BORING!!!! Ridiculous!!! I have made 4 of 8 pigs, taken me 2 days *YAWN*

ktwhoopi
05-29-20, 02:01 AM
I?d LOVE some pigs!! My ID is ktwhoopi

johnpaulg
05-29-20, 04:30 AM
I bought the extra plot and was going to buy the second one. But,over the last two days I collect around the clock and no stars and strip melons. I am selling pigs as I make them

Now I open the train to make a delivery and need six ice cream. It is not possible because watermelon juice required is not available to even be made

The special drinks, ice cream, etc require brown sugar honey and melons. So this addition needs the timer for melons adjusted going forward after the event please to make 6 melon ice cream would take longer than the time 36 hour loading period for the train

praphulladp
05-29-20, 05:51 AM
The event is toughest but the plots and fruits are nice and admin to continue these water melons for the game here onwards as part of normal game.
Just a suggestion

judyandthecat
05-29-20, 06:13 AM
The event is toughest but the plots and fruits are nice and admin to continue these water melons for the game here onwards as part of normal game.
Just a suggestion

The Watermelons are a permanent crop.

Woldawson
05-29-20, 06:20 AM
So hard to get stars melons. Need 64 to complete goal 7. Only managed to collect 8 in 2 days, only 5 days left. Why make is nearly impossible to complete goals?

praphulladp
05-29-20, 09:25 AM
The Watermelons are a permanent crop.

Great!!!! Very nice.

lennumber1
05-29-20, 09:31 AM
Only need 4 yellow watermelons and 2 moon and stars watermelons to craft remaining items to complete this event. Any one selling this items please help. Thank you.

Jnny2good
05-29-20, 12:22 PM
For those of you finishing the challenge, are you buying melons with gems? Because I'm collecting around the clock and still not getting enough of the rare melons to complete tasks 6,7 and 8.

PookieBear50
05-29-20, 12:51 PM
Either my math s****s are totally declining, or I'm really tired from working from home...I'm hoping it's the latter.

Thanks to two generous neighbors, I now need only

9 Yellow Watermelons (1 more for one more Flower, and 8 for 2 carts)
8 Orange Watermelons (7 for 2 carts)
16 Moon and Stars Watermelons (8 for one more drink, 8 for 2 carts)

I should be able to get those in the next few days...whatever extras I get I'll immediately put up for sale to help others, just as others have helped me.

Sigh...maybe I spoke to soon?

I have everything I need to make one more basket. Now I just need...

2 Yellow Watermelons
2 Orange Watermelons
15 Moon and Stars Watermelons (for 1 more Drink and 2 carts)

And yet I'm getting mostly Basic and Square Watermelons. Sigh. Well, I'll see what I get in 3.5 hours again.

kindefarm1890
05-29-20, 01:08 PM
I purchased the two gem plots as soon as they were available and they have not really helped. I have been stuck on goal 6 all week and I still need 5 pigs. Even if by some miracle I can finish goal 6 there is still the moon and star watermelon and that random drop is even lower. I have never understood why players with higher level farms are punished with sticking with the game. Players have complained all week and nothing has changed. I have only seen seeds and grills so far in the newspaper or neighbors shops.

S8 I am more inclined to spend real money on the game when I have a chance at the final prize which had not happened in a long time.

Woldawson
05-29-20, 02:28 PM
I purchased the two gem plots as soon as they were available and they have not really helped. I have been stuck on goal 6 all week and I still need 5 pigs. Even if by some miracle I can finish goal 6 there is still the moon and star watermelon and that random drop is even lower. I have never understood why players with higher level farms are punished with sticking with the game. Players have complained all week and nothing has changed. I have only seen seeds and grills so far in the newspaper or neighbors shops.

S8 I am more inclined to spend real money on the game when I have a chance at the final prize which had not happened in a long time.

Agreed. It?s very frustrating. I?ve only found 8 stars melons over the 9 days, you need 64 to complete goal 7. 8 each for the melon juice & you have to make 8 of them. Only 4 days left. Doubt I?ll make. I only got this far coz I was lucky enough to find 2 pigs for sale in the market.

kindefarm1890
05-29-20, 05:39 PM
Agreed. It?s very frustrating. I?ve only found 8 stars melons over the 9 days, you need 64 to complete goal 7. 8 each for the melon juice & you have to make 8 of them. Only 4 days left. Doubt I?ll make. I only got this far coz I was lucky enough to find 2 pigs for sale in the market.

There was a player selling yellow watermelons I did not need but purchased them anyways. When I visited their farm they had 27 pigs and 10 drinks for sale. I am finally past step 6 and maybe a light at the end of the tunnel. I still need the orange and the moon and star melons to finish the last steps.

Minimalio2
05-29-20, 08:09 PM

Per te e per tutti i giocatori che ne avessero ancora necessit? nel mio negozio ci sono elementi del gioco. Io ho finito da qualche giorno e mi metto a disposizione per aiutare i giocatori in difficolt? laddove possibile. Non posso rispondere al messaggi sul muro per problemi di tastiera ma posso leggere. I miei orari sono quelli italiani.
In bocca al lupo a chi ancora non ha completato il gioco!!

PookieBear50
05-29-20, 10:02 PM
Per te e per tutti i giocatori che ne avessero ancora necessit? nel mio negozio ci sono elementi del gioco. Io ho finito da qualche giorno e mi metto a disposizione per aiutare i giocatori in difficolt? laddove possibile. Non posso rispondere al messaggi sul muro per problemi di tastiera ma posso leggere. I miei orari sono quelli italiani.
In bocca al lupo a chi ancora non ha completato il gioco!!

Approximate translation: For you and all the players who still need it? there are elements of the game in my shop. I have finished a few days and I am available to help players in need? where possible. I can't answer the messages on the wall because of keyboard problems but I can read. My hours are Italian.
Good luck to those who have not yet completed the game !!

PookieBear50
05-29-20, 10:06 PM
Sigh...maybe I spoke to soon?

I have everything I need to make one more basket. Now I just need...

2 Yellow Watermelons
2 Orange Watermelons
15 Moon and Stars Watermelons (for 1 more Drink and 2 carts)

And yet I'm getting mostly Basic and Square Watermelons. Sigh. Well, I'll see what I get in 3.5 hours again.

I wish I did not need to do this, but...while I have everything else, I still need 15 Moon and Stars Watermelons. Help, again? Please?

Woldawson
05-30-20, 01:06 AM
There was a player selling yellow watermelons I did not need but purchased them anyways. When I visited their farm they had 27 pigs and 10 drinks for sale. I am finally past step 6 and maybe a light at the end of the tunnel. I still need the orange and the moon and star melons to finish the last steps.

Wow. That was lucky. I?ve been buying up all melons fir sale too, except basic melons. Got plenty of those. Had 100 at one point. 3.5 hour wait time fir melons is too long, should be 30mins, then we?d have a chance of success. I?ve collected 3 time?s since my last comment. No stars melons found.

kindefarm1890
05-30-20, 04:53 AM
I may have spoke too soon that there was light at the end of the tunnel. Two collections later and no orange or moon and star melons. I still need 18 moon and star and 16 orange. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

praphulladp
05-30-20, 06:52 AM
Dear Admin
Really tough.,, everything managed by you guys. Better extend little bit or deliver the required melons..
really frustrating,collecting a single melon per turn is making the even impossible.

lennumber1
05-30-20, 06:57 AM
I have 2 watermelon pigs for sale. These are needed for the 2 baskets in step 9.

NewtyFruity
05-30-20, 09:38 AM
I have 2 watermelon pigs for sale. These are needed for the 2 baskets in step 9.

You can't sell the baskets or carts as they don't appear in storage after you create one.

Owenoel
05-30-20, 09:54 AM
I quit. Taking a break from Farm Story 2. Way too difficult to complete this challenge.

lennumber1
05-30-20, 09:57 AM
You can't sell the baskets or carts as they don't appear in storage after you create one.

True you can’t sell the carts or baskets but you can sell the items needed to craft the carts and baskets

Woldawson
05-30-20, 10:37 AM
Collected 3 more times, still no stars melons. Why does storm8 make it impossible to complete tasks?? Same with Fantasy Forest, month long 5 prizes & I?m lucky if I get to the 3rd prize.

TwixAndScones
05-30-20, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have 2 watermelon pigs they can sell me? I would be willing to pay full price, even if they're oversold.

I only need two pigs, however.

I'm so close to completing this challenge, but I have not had luck finding pigs, let alone making them :(

I only need to collect 8 moon and star melons, then I can finally craft my last and final watermelon cart - then I need to make baskets, and since I only require two, to make, I only need 2 watermelon pigs for them.

I really want this donkey cart, I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this. :) as I know now, that I will not be able to finish. Unless I could find some watermelon pigs for sale.

jmbgirlzx4
05-30-20, 12:35 PM
Does anyone have 2 watermelon pigs they can sell me? I would be willing to pay full price, even if they're oversold.

I only need two pigs, however.

I'm so close to completing this challenge, but I have not had luck finding pigs, let alone making them :(

I only need to collect 8 moon and star melons, then I can finally craft my last and final watermelon cart - then I need to make baskets, and since I only require two, to make, I only need 2 watermelon pigs for them.

I really want this donkey cart, I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this. :) as I know now, that I will not be able to finish. Unless I could find some watermelon pigs for sale.

I have a few pigs I will sell. I will send an invite. I know I can use your storm8 ID for invite, but what is your farm name?

TwixAndScones
05-30-20, 12:39 PM
I have a few pigs I will sell. I will send an invite. I know I can use your storm8 ID for invite, but what is your farm name?

kappy333. Thanks so much if you can help me!

jmbgirlzx4
05-30-20, 12:57 PM
kappy333. Thanks so much if you can help me!.

Give me about an hour and I will send invite. Thanks!

PookieBear50
05-30-20, 01:35 PM
I'M. SO. STUPID. (Or crazy tired from working at home.) Just realized I misread post #1. It's 4 carts, not 2...sigh.

Oh, well. Thanks to generous neighbors I'm still closer than before. Now all I need are 8 more Moon and Stars Watermelons. Better than the 14 I needed a little while ago, lol...sigh.

mille775
05-30-20, 02:19 PM
I am Selling watermelon drinks right now
Storm 8. Mille775
Farm DK

Woldawson
05-30-20, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=mille775;1620587]I am Selling watermelon drinks right now
Storm 8. Mille775
Farm DK[/QUOTE

Invited. I panicked and bought them all🤭🤭. For sale now on my farm. ID woldawson. Wols Farm.

mille775
05-30-20, 02:50 PM
No worry I have more

mille775
05-30-20, 03:16 PM
I am Selling 120 Moon and star watermelons
Storm 8. Mille775
Farm DK

mille775
05-30-20, 04:08 PM
I am Selling 130 orange melons now
Storm 8. Mille775
Farm DK

johnpaulg
05-30-20, 04:20 PM
Storm 8. Mille775
Farm DK

Thanks for being so generous. I will be able to finish due to your generosity

kindefarm1890
05-30-20, 05:24 PM
Storm 8. Mille775
Farm DK

I checked back too late and missed out. Even though I missed the sale thanks for helping out.

yukigray
05-30-20, 06:27 PM
I missed too, sad face. Sent neighbor request hopefully next time.

PS How are you getting all those? I have yet to get enough to make 1 drink (and I am not even to that goal yet)

ID is yukigray (always open to new neighbors)

judyandthecat
05-31-20, 02:17 AM
Gentle Reminder

There is a Buy and Sell Thread so please take all further sales of Melons and melon stuff there.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98021-Farm-2-Buy-Sell-Thread-2/page30

Thanks everyone!

Moissonor
05-31-20, 08:42 AM
Others Watermelon items
From Kitchen, Watermelon Punch needs 1 h to make and sold max 175 coins.
From Juicer, Watermelon Juice needs minimum 4h30 (2 x 1h + 2h30) to make and sold max 175 coins.
From Extractor, Watermelon Essence needs minimum 12h (4 x 1h + 2 x 2h30 + 3h) to make and sold max 175 coins.

For comparison, Corn Syrup needs 15 minutes to make and sold max 262 coins.

logansmil
05-31-20, 09:01 AM
This was the hardest event I have ever taken part in. Luckily, I am on the final hurdle and just waiting to collect the melon carts and watermelon baskets.

I wish good luck to all those still taking part in this event.

TwixAndScones
05-31-20, 09:48 AM
This was the hardest event I have ever taken part in. Luckily, I am on the final hurdle and just waiting to collect the melon carts and watermelon baskets.

I wish good luck to all those still taking part in this event.

Agreed. I have only one more moon and star watermelon to collect, otherwise I have the rest of the challenge/event under control.

Which is great. Anyway.

Good luck to those who are still completing! :)

--

I really hope I have luck getting the last moon and star watermelon I need, as there is only about 2 or so days left.

I should get to at least making one basket, just so I'm not sitting on this up until I get the cart.

As it could take a while to even get it. So I'll get to making a basket now!

logansmil
05-31-20, 10:09 AM
Agreed. I have only one more moon and star watermelon to collect, otherwise I have the rest of the challenge/event under control.

Which is great. Anyway.

Good luck to those who are still completing! :)

--

I really hope I have luck getting the last moon and star watermelon I need, as there is only about 2 or so days left.

I should get to at least making one basket, just so I'm not sitting on this up until I get the cart.

As it could take a while to even get it. So I'll get to making a basket now!

I sent you a private message.

TwixAndScones
05-31-20, 11:31 AM
Thanks to jmbgirlzx4 & logansmill, I had a chance to finish this event. I am very happy and great full that I've had such help. So thanks to the people that have directly helped me, or even indirectly helped me. It's still very much appreciated, as Tomorrow, I can finally get what I wanted - the donkey cart! :)

jmbgirlzx4
05-31-20, 02:38 PM
Thanks to jmbgirlzx4 & logansmill, I had a chance to finish this event. I am very happy and great full that I've had such help. So thanks to the people that have directly helped me, or even indirectly helped me. It's still very much appreciated, as Tomorrow, I can finally get what I wanted - the donkey cart! :)

Yay! 🎉 So happy you were able to finish!!!
Thank you for helping upgrade my barn! 😊

1946Jenny
06-01-20, 12:00 AM
I have found this the hardest event I have ever tried. It has just taken me 5 days to make one pig and I still need to make/get two more. As far as the moon and stars melons are concerned, I only have 13 collected. I think the time has come to give up as the only items I have found for sale are the ordinary melons and seeds. At least we have the melons as a permanent feature, but I really did fancy the donkey cart!!

TwixAndScones
06-01-20, 07:02 AM
Yes! I finally got my donkey cart, Thanks again, logansmill & jmbgirlzx4. Your help during this event as helped me finished when I wouldn't have finished otherwise. ;)

Because without your two's help, I wouldn't have been able to finish. :(. But because I had help, I was! :)

I'd be willing to help people if necessary or if needed (while not much - especially with there only being two or so days left)- or at least as much as I can in the last day or 2 that we have this event still going.

When I have something I can sell, I'll place it in the "buy/sell" thread.

TwixAndScones
06-01-20, 08:06 AM
Yes! I finally got my donkey cart, Thanks again, logansmill & jmbgirlzx4. Your help during this event as helped me finished when I wouldn't have finished otherwise. ;)

Because without your two's help, I wouldn't have been able to finish. :(. But because I had help, I was! :)

I'd be willing to help people if necessary or if needed (while not much - especially with there only being two or so days left)- or at least as much as I can in the last day or 2 that we have this event still going.

When I have something I can sell, I'll place it in the "buy/sell" thread.

Also, new update! I just paired it with one of the leaderboard fountains I got during the whole baby bear planting about a month or so ago;
The overgrown fountain!
Speaking of I cannot wait for the leaderboard event! I'm just super happy now :) with getting the donkey cart, and seeing what's going to be offered in the future!

princessskykennedy
06-01-20, 08:13 AM
I have found this the hardest event I have ever tried. It has just taken me 5 days to make one pig and I still need to make/get two more. As far as the moon and stars melons are concerned, I only have 13 collected. I think the time has come to give up as the only items I have found for sale are the ordinary melons and seeds. At least we have the melons as a permanent feature, but I really did fancy the donkey cart!!

Keep checking the buy/sell board to see who is selling! I wish you luck.

vjwmomma
06-01-20, 11:29 AM
Echoing what I?ve heard here that this event is nearly impossible to complete. Stuck at level 6. At this point I just want the event to be over with so only the regular watermelon items will remain and no more event items.

Moissonor
06-01-20, 11:40 AM
Echoing what I?ve heard here that this event is nearly impossible to complete. Stuck at level 6. At this point I just want the event to be over with so only the regular watermelon items will remain and no more event items.

Suggestion
After the event, that the chances to gain watermelon items including seeds are all the same. This means that it is possible that no seed appears. Also a minimum of 35 coins for items in the market.

judyandthecat
06-01-20, 04:04 PM
Please use this thread for buying and selling...I will move any further posts there that are buying and selling.
Thanks!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98021-Farm-2-Buy-Sell-Thread-2/page31

chrocheter
06-01-20, 04:58 PM
Please use this thread for buying and selling...I will move any further posts there that are buying and selling.
Thanks!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98021-Farm-2-Buy-Sell-Thread-2/page31

Any chance they will extend this event for a few more days?
Have they ever done this in the past?

PookieBear50
06-01-20, 05:02 PM
Any chance they will extend this event for a few more days?
Have they ever done this in the past?

To the best of my knowledge, only one event was ever extended, and that was a few years ago when there was something seriously messed up with the drop rates (I think it was one of the World Events). All I can suggest here is, check the buy/sell thread, constantly check the Newspaper, visit neighbors' Side Shops, and--if you have them--gem-through to get what you need.

tsumtsum27
06-01-20, 06:21 PM
I finally gather up all that needed for 2 final steps n they are in the making proses now. The time left is 24 hours and my cooking is about 21,5 hr. I just hope I wont get slept over and can finished just in time. Wish me luck and gud luck to all too

bj2500
06-01-20, 06:54 PM
Good luck to all, just wanted to thank any farm that sold items to those who drops sucked like mine I collected every 3-3:30 hours, 100% and never received what was needed. This was a tough event and with help from others I?m going to be able to finish. Anyone who still needs help can send me a invite I have leftover stuff a few star melons and watermelon drinks let?s all just help each other before time runs out.
Bj2500 farm: rockyville

nagmad
06-01-20, 07:48 PM
Another post from a frustrated player that is just about to give up, I understand that every player can’t complete the events, and if you are Only half hearted and don’t try too hard, then that’s a given. But when you actually try and put effort into it and can’t change the out come of what you are given, then it becomes extremely disheartening and frustrating. I come back to harvest the watermelon crops every 3.30 hrs and have no control on what I get, I am only at lvl 6 of the event and it’s definitely not from lack of trying. If the crops don’t give what is needed then how on earth can I complete it ��

RoyalBlue305
06-02-20, 07:39 AM
Another post from a frustrated player that is just about to give up, I understand that every player can?t complete the events, and if you are Only half hearted and don?t try too hard, then that?s a given. But when you actually try and put effort into it and can?t change the out come of what you are given, then it becomes extremely disheartening and frustrating. I come back to harvest the watermelon crops every 3.30 hrs and have no control on what I get, I am only at lvl 6 of the event and it?s definitely not from lack of trying. If the crops don?t give what is needed then how on earth can I complete it 😔

I?m right there with you. Still stuck on needing one last pig. I?ve put in max effort on this event constantly checking the market and neighbors but can?t finish. I also bought the extra plots very early with REAL money and it didn?t make a difference. It?s ridiculous to pay for something and only get a portion of what you paid for. I?ve said this before it?s like buying a sandwich and all you get is lettuce and a slice of cheese. Fail.

TwixAndScones
06-02-20, 10:04 AM
I thought that the donkey cart would give you at least 4-6 pieces of watermelon.

Turns out, at least what I'm getting, I've only gotten 2 watermelon and I believe 1 or 2 seeds every 3 (almost 4 hours) from the donkey.

To me, it's actually not much better than the plots for the watermelon.

It seems as though the donkey is more of a decorative piece than a particularly "helpful" one.

Regardless, it's still cute and even a bit helpful, but in comparison to the plots, not very.

But luckily I wanted the donkey for the more "decoration side" of it anyway.

BUT PLEASE, Storm8, please make this game events easier in the future. It's super hard to complete them as is :(

If they continue being this hard, I'm not going to play any of the newer events in the future.

bj2500
06-02-20, 10:21 AM
My first collection from the cart 1 basic watermelon. Lol glad it?s adorable otherwise I be on overload. Ha. Keep on farming :)

chrocheter
06-02-20, 12:01 PM
Have yellow melon 20
Sq melon 20
16 Org melon
4 grills
4 flowers
2 pigs

chrocheter
06-02-20, 12:02 PM
Have 2 pigs Royal Blue

ftbl
06-02-20, 12:10 PM
Sorry, thought I was on Buy/sell thread

FarmerIreneOK
06-02-20, 02:01 PM
Some feedback for the new owners on Storm8 on this event:
I think most players like games that are a bit challenging but fun and like to play for maybe a couple of short periods/day. Most would be willing to spend a few gems and/or buy a package for an event. Most of the time, the events are enjoyable.

In this event, my experience has been that the drop rates made it more aggravating than fun. After playing for the duration, I found got exactly one-1-uno stars and moon melon. To complete the event required 8*8+4*4=80 melons. It’s community game so of course the market and neighbors help. I was able to get 3 more melons that way and some juice.
The melons cost 5 diamonds each, so 400 diamonds for 80 melons. The $10 event box would have essentially yielded 4. No matter how you look at it, that’s over $10 for just one of the event items needed. And of course more to accelerate production.
I likely will not finish the event because I am not willing to pay to encourage you to develop more events that are more aggravating than fun.

I have really enjoyed the game so I hope you consider this feedback for future events.

FarmerIreneOK
06-02-20, 03:18 PM
Thanks to ��Basil��Farm��, Feline Retreat, JMBM and several other neighbors, and spending a wad of diamonds, I now have the cool donkey cart! My game feedback stands, but I am happier!

seesters
06-02-20, 04:03 PM
This “event” was one of the worst. Unless you spend a LOT of gems, you cannot complete the tasks in time. Very frustrating...very disappointing. Stoem8...you can do better than this!

spring_peeper
06-02-20, 04:09 PM
I gave this event a shot, but wasn’t really fussy about the prize so didn’t put a ton of effort into it. However, I can see how players were frustrated with this event.

Not really sure about the whole seeds to grow random watermelon thing. Why can’t the watermelon be like any other crop and we plant it as is? So many seeds clogging up the silo. Secondly, and I mentioned this in another thread, in my opinion, we need to clean up some crafting items. Now there’s a bunch of new things to craft from watermelons. Chances are I won’t make any of them, because they require so many of a certain watermelon, which takes 3 or so hours to make, which you may not get anyways. No thanks.

If anybody here listens to feedback, Storm8 - go back a few years and focus on the events that made players happy. Maybe STOP having an event every two weeks, take the time to plan out a fun, challenging (but not impossible) event. I’m a long time player. I remember events of the past. Things have gone downhill so badly. I know the potential is there.

Woldawson
06-02-20, 04:54 PM
I ended up spending over 100 gems to get thru & that was after DK farm was selling the melon juice, that so many players couldn?t even make one of due to the stars melons never dropping. I bought 7 of the 8 needed from DK farm. Then still needed more stars melons for the last two goals. I guess 100+ gems isn?t too bad but many other players couldn?t get past goal 7, needing 80 stars melons. They only dropped an average of one per day for me, so 14 in total dropped while we needed 80 for the juices & another 16 for the carts. A lot of angry players.

htwpokemon
06-02-20, 05:56 PM
I definitely understand the frustration with this event. I ended up paying to ?win? (about 200 gems). I wouldn?t have completed this event without paying. Even with the donkey cart and planting (after I completed the event), I still only got 1 star melon in 3 days. I still played around the clock so that I could help out other players. I hope that our criticisms will be heard. This game has been a good distraction from the crazy events in the world. Giving this community a fun, challenging, and attainable event would be awesome and appreciated 💖

ozigal
06-02-20, 06:11 PM
Registering my voice of frustration also for this event. Still stuck at level 6 with no hope of moving up. Don't mind a bit of a challenge but this is over the top for a game that is supposed to be entertaining not a source of *I want to throw my iPad at the wall* experience.

PookieBear50
06-02-20, 07:23 PM
Normally, the introduction of a new crop is a good experience. However...

Pros
New crop. It's been a while since we received a new permanent crop. Watermelon. I think the last one was the Soybeans and Soy Milk. Which, perhaps, was not that long ago(?) but it certainly feels like it.
New recipes. Watermelon has a lot of recipes available for it, in a number of different buildings. Whereas some new crops suffer from an initial lack of usability (Tea and Blueberries for example), there are many options available for Watermelon, including in the Kitchen, Juicer, Extractor, and Ice Creamery.
New planters. Whereas some newly-introduced crops in the past ended up using up our regular plots, the Watermelon has its own specially-designated plots, so we are not faced with the choice of what to plant based on conflicting needs.
Donkey Cart. Like the many other prizes in similar events--Chef Gnome, Aquaponics, Tropical Oasis, etc.--having the ability to harvest two more Watermelons is a positive.

Cons
Too many options. We have had "crops" that offered more than one option before: Maple Trees, Almond Trees, Hydroponics, etc. However, in all those cases it was only two options: Maple Leaf or Maple Syrup, Almonds or Almond Milk, Soybean or Soy Milk, etc. The Watermelon plants offer FIVE options, and all drop at different rates. This resulted in a lot of chaos as players scrambled and searched and solicited for assistance--myself included--for the harder-to-get-and-lower-drop-rate Watermelons. Did we really need 5 different varieties of Watermelon?
Too many drops. Until this point, all crops dropped only two of itself: harvesting one plot of Corn gave us two Corn, one of which we probably used to replant the crop. These Watermelon planters dropped THREE items: one Watermelon, and 2 Watermelon seeds. I get it...all the recipes require Watermelon Seeds as well. However, this meant that our Silos filled up 1.5x more quickly than usual. For every 6 Watermelons we received, we also picked up 12 Watermelon Seeds, only 6 of which went back into the planters. Where before harvesting 6 regular plots got us 6 new items in our Silos (after replanting), Watermelon gave us 12 new items in our Silos. I'm betting many players were discarding a lot of Watermelon Seeds just to keep making space for all the other crops they needed to continue growing.
Too many recipes. For the event, a lot of new recipes makes sense. But after the event? There are very few crops--or items in general--with only one recipe for them (I think White Daisies may be the only one...and of course, there are no recipes at all that use Bass). Now we have the Basic Watermelon (only used for Watermelon Grill) and Yellow Watermelon (only used for Watermelon Flower). It might be different if these items were themselves used in some other item, as they were during the event. Now, however, they have no purpose other than those two solo recipes. And, really, why continue these recipes at all? They made sense when celebrating the introduction of a new crop, but now, do we really need a Watermelon Grill, a Watermelon Shark, a Watermelon Flower, and a Watermelon Pig? Keeping the Watermelon Drink still makes sense, but keeping the rest does not. Maybe if the Watermelon Basket had been continued as a composite item--similar to the Almond Tea Service, the Pamper Package, the Maple Gift Basket, and the Hearty Breakfast in the Bed and Breakfast--then it would make sense.
Low drop rates v. high quantity demand. You want to keep the game interesting, I get it. You need players to spend money on gems, I understand. The tasks start off easy and become increasingly difficult, that's standard. And you're going to add to the difficulty by requiring a sizable quantity of the hardest-to-get item, that makes sense. However, if you want to keep players playing and not giving up in frustration, there needs to be a balancing of the scales. "Easy" could have been crafting 10-15 Watermelon Grills, and "Difficult" could have been crafting 2-4 Watermelon Drinks. With Basic Watermelons being the most common, even 10-15 would have been doable with very little trouble. And given the low drop rates of Orange Watermelons and Moon and Stars Watermelons, 3-5 Pigs and 2-4 Watermelon Drinks would still have been difficult, but not impossible. Or, instead of "Get 1, Give Many" it could have been "Make 1, Get Many" for the earlier goals, and then "Get 1, Give 3" for the final goals, and we would be able to use the crafts from before to make complete the final goals, and you could increase the difficulty (and the anxiety level) by increasing the crafting time (though, to be honest, 8 hours is more than enough time to stress people out). But asking players to craft 8 of one item with THE lowest-drop Watermelon and needing 8 of those same lowest-drop Watermelon just to craft 1 item, and then needing an additional 8 for another task...needing 72 of the lowest-drop Watermelon to complete the goals is really going to upset a lot of players and drive them away from the game.

Final Thoughts
Overall, this event was NOT easy. The only way many of us finished was through the kindness and generosity of our neighbors. I am very glad that we were allowed to sell Watermelons and crafts to each other (which makes sense, considering these would become permanent in the game). Although it was a welcome change to the Leaderboard events, I feel it was made unnecessarily complicated and difficult by the inclusion of 5 varieties of Watermelon when 1 or 2 would have been enough, with difficulty being implemented through crafting with multiple ingredients (instead of just Watermelons and Watermelon Seeds). If I had to rate it on a scale of 1-5 Stars, I'd give it a straight 3.

judyandthecat
06-02-20, 08:09 PM
Outstanding thoughts PookieBear50
You took time to present both sides.
I was happy to see the train asking for Watermelons and Watermelon products.
Storm8 you did an outstanding job on the animation of this Donkey Cart!
Some things I would like changed is that we are given specific Watermelon Seeds to perhaps be able to grow the Watermelon we need. I also feel the price should be raised I can grow a four minute corn crop for more coins then a three and one half hour Watermelon.

logansmil
06-02-20, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=seesters;1620783]This “event” was one of the worst. Unless you spend a LOT of gems, you cannot complete the tasks in time. Very frustrating...very disappointing. Stoem8...you can do better than this![/QUOTE

I disagree. I have never spent money playing this game. It's only with sheer determination that I always complete events. Yes, this was the most difficult one (for me) to date. You just have to plan from the beginning what you need to do in advance and ensure to scan the newspapers and your neighbours' shops. I completed this event doing just that and I also managed to help others as well. I was going to give up when I was on goal 6 for days but then decided to stick it out. And it paid off for me.

My advice for future events is....plan and stick to it. I think it also helps, if you start the event as soon as it becomes available.

All I'm saying is that it is definitely possible to complete events without spending real money and / or gems.

segelj
06-03-20, 02:23 AM
Like others here, I had mixed feelings about this event. I was able to finish, but only because I watched the people on here who said they were listing things for sale. My consistent watching of the newspaper yielded very little for me. If it weren?t for this board, there would have been no way for me to finish. Even with neighbor help from here, I had to spend 75 gems to fill in watermelon gaps and speed up crafting.

I used gems I have been collecting from train orders. I am not against spending real money, because Storm8 deserves to be paid for their hard work, but I won?t spend my money on things I?m not guaranteed to get. Like not knowing if I can finish an event, or those luck of the draw type prizes.
I?ve spent gems before on things I know I will get, like buying a certain pet or decoration when it goes on sale. That I?m ok with.

I?ve had my farm for about 5 years. I?ve participated in many, many events. This one was the hardest to complete in the sense that the items needed were in such short supply, that if you were not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, on this board, and read when people here were selling, than you were out of luck. At least IMO.

I participated in this event because I liked the donkey cart a lot. I liked the concept of the watermelon patch also. All the artwork is beautiful.

What I don?t like is the way this new addition is such a silo hog. Not only does this new crop force farms to keep a supply of 5 different kinds of watermelons, but now we have to keep seeds also? Why? We don?t keep seeds for any other plants. It just takes up even more valuable silo space.
So, if you want to keep even a very small, conservative supply of only 10 of each melon and 10 seeds in storage, that takes up 60 spots in the silo. That?s a huge amount of space. So in reality, we didn?t get one new crop,..... watermelon. We got 6 new crops. That?s too much to absorb all at one time.

I, personally, would have been much happier with only two or three types of melons. And no seeds. (Square watermelon is strange to me anyway, lol.)

Plus, I agree with what someone else on here said about the price. Way too cheap a price for the amount of growing time, small number of plots and random type drop involved for this item. It should cost way more than corn or wheat.

Bobbar1
06-03-20, 08:27 AM
I voiced my concern and dissatisfaction in earlier threads so will not add to it here. Very happy to see so many agreeing with me. I would not have finished if it weren?t for the generosity of my neighbors. I would still be on step 6. With so many crops to fill the silo and too many products to make I have decided to leave my Mellon patch and cart as a decoration and just delete every warehouse request it is the easiest way to proceed which is a real shame because a new crop with 2 fruit 🍉 and a few items to make would have been a welcome addition. Not sure if the developer can make changes now but that might be a saving step. I would rate this event as a 1 out of 5 and by far the worst event in years

tromalyt
06-03-20, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE=seesters;1620783]This ?event? was one of the worst. Unless you spend a LOT of gems, you cannot complete the tasks in time. Very frustrating...very disappointing. Stoem8...you can do better than this![/QUOTE

I disagree. I have never spent money playing this game. It's only with sheer determination that I always complete events. Yes, this was the most difficult one (for me) to date. You just have to plan from the beginning what you need to do in advance and ensure to scan the newspapers and your neighbours' shops. I completed this event doing just that and I also managed to help others as well. I was going to give up when I was on goal 6 for days but then decided to stick it out. And it paid off for me.

My advice for future events is....plan and stick to it. I think it also helps, if you start the event as soon as it becomes available.

All I'm saying is that it is definitely possible to complete events without spending real money and / or gems.
No, it was not possible,

No without gems
No without *****ing
No if you are not a staff member

tromalyt
06-03-20, 08:37 AM
I ended up spending over 100 gems to get thru & that was after DK farm was selling the melon juice, that so many players couldn?t even make one of due to the stars melons never dropping. I bought 7 of the 8 needed from DK farm. Then still needed more stars melons for the last two goals. I guess 100+ gems isn?t too bad but many other players couldn?t get past goal 7, needing 80 stars melons. They only dropped an average of one per day for me, so 14 in total dropped while we needed 80 for the juices & another 16 for the carts. A lot of angry players.

It is very suspicious that this "DK farm" person was selling melon juice to "selected" players.

Maybe as payment fot good comments on the forum?

segelj
06-03-20, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=logansmil;1620811]
No, it was not possible,

No without gems
No without *****ing
No if you are not a staff member

I liked the challenge, but with fairness, of the events from years ago. Back when I first started, 5 years ago, the events were really fun. You got out of it what you put into it. Effort = results. That doesn’t seem to happen with many of these events anymore, IMO.
And getting worse as time goes by.
I’m very selective now on which ones I participate in. It has to be a prize I really think is going to be worth the aggravation and time (and maybe gems) that it is going to take. With emphasis on the aggravation.
Wishing it could be less frustrating and more enjoyable, like the good old days.

ostraoz
06-03-20, 12:39 PM
Hi I didn't play for few months and started to play again today . I can't find that planter and watermelons I tried to find update , but there is nothing on meny

judyandthecat
06-03-20, 01:34 PM
Hi I didn't play for few months and started to play again today . I can't find that planter and watermelons I tried to find update , but there is nothing on meny

You can't win the Donkey Cart now and not sure if there will be a goal to unlock the Watermelon Planter Boxes
Do they say locked by goal?
Goal 1 of the event we did unlocked the Planter Boxes
I will see what I can find out

UPDATE: Watermelon Planter Boxes are for sale for players that don't have them!

ostraoz
06-06-20, 07:20 PM
Thank you for reply but I don't have any update too in google play store

judyandthecat
06-06-20, 07:48 PM
Thank you for reply but I don't have any update too in google play store

It is not a game update. The Watermelon Planter Boxes are for sale for coins and some for gems.

Buy them and Plant your Watermelon Seeds. That's it!

EcoFarmWarrior
06-08-20, 04:48 AM
i gave this event a shot, but wasn?t really fussy about the prize so didn?t put a ton of effort into it. However, i can see how players were frustrated with this event.

Not really sure about the whole seeds to grow random watermelon thing. Why can?t the watermelon be like any other crop and we plant it as is? So many seeds clogging up the silo. Secondly, and i mentioned this in another thread, in my opinion, we need to clean up some crafting items. Now there?s a bunch of new things to craft from watermelons. Chances are i won?t make any of them, because they require so many of a certain watermelon, which takes 3 or so hours to make, which you may not get anyways. No thanks.

If anybody here listens to feedback, storm8 - go back a few years and focus on the events that made players happy. Maybe stop having an event every two weeks, take the time to plan out a fun, challenging (but not impossible) event. I?m a long time player. I remember events of the past. Things have gone downhill so badly. I know the potential is there.

i wholeheartedly agree with this post! Been playing for years. Too many crafting items for the melons suddenly. Don't like this as a permanent plot. Will probably never bother making melon items as they require way too many ingredients and rare melons rarely drop. Present day events are much less fun than they used to be, sometimes near impossible. Even if you buy items, you'd have to spend in the hundreds to get things done! Don't think anyone is interested in that.
Away with the permanent mel onsamenhangende being back the better events from the past!

Jnny2good
06-09-20, 10:04 AM
Stupid event design, stupid crop design, (I hate the seeds,) stupid Storm8 if you think we are pleased with this event.

ankavale1000
06-09-20, 12:58 PM
Hi Stormie,

Thank you for the cute addition of Watermelons! I love the Donkey Cart and the graphics for new melon recipes are bright, perfect for summer.

Suggestion:
Get rid of the Seeds!
Make melon pots exactly like flower pots (tulips, orchids, daisy, lily)
So players plant the different types of melons needed.
For those recipes that ask for seeds ... remove the seeds.

Thank you.

judyandthecat
06-09-20, 04:42 PM
Hi Stormie,

Thank you for the cute addition of Watermelons! I love the Donkey Cart and the graphics for new melon recipes are bright, perfect for summer.

Suggestion:
Get rid of the Seeds!
Make melon pots exactly like flower pots (tulips, orchids, daisy, lily)
So players plant the different types of melons needed.
For those recipes that ask for seeds ... remove the seeds.

Thank you.

Oh oh I love your idea, brilliant!

EcoFarmWarrior
06-14-20, 07:43 AM
It's just getting worse. Since the start of the melon event I've had 4 moon and stars melons in TOTAL and I bought an additional 3. Not enough to even make just one of the moon and stars melon products, let alone to make the amounts needed for the challenges set during the event. And now, I seem to to be losing the rare melons I DO get. Instead of the 7 I should have, I now only have 5! I have not been able to make ONE moon and stars product so far since the introduction of this crop. And I'm sorry, but 8 permanent melon products for a crop so unreliable is awful. And that is not even taking into account all the other ingredients you need in addition to make some of the melon products. It takes the fun out of everything! There are too many negatives attached to this crop and the positives don't make up for them.

HuckleTown
07-02-20, 08:19 AM
I am so over the watermelons. My storage fills up so quickly with the watermelons I don't need. It's hard enough getting the correct resource when there are 2 possible drops. The 5+ possible drops of watermelon types is ridiculous. I've been waiting 2+ weeks to make 2 watermelon drinks (now I need 4...) and I just put in the first one.

TwixAndScones
07-05-20, 11:19 AM
I only collect from my donkey cart, purely just because I like seeing the donkey bounce up and down with the little sunglasses on. Because when the timer is up to collect, it stops bouncing.

Otherwise, I would only collect from the watermelon crops as necessary/ or as needed.

The seeds are atrocious and I, like other players have mentioned, don't like them.

Also, like other players have mentioned, I do wish for specific types of seeds to plant a specific type of melon.

After this event has ended - I have collected no more than (at most) 10 moon and star watermelons.

I did just buy the gem watermelon plots, just for design reasons.

I did manage to collect 2 M&S watermelons back to back from my donkey cart the other day, which was impressive. But the drop I definitely would prefer if it had been more frequent.

Any plane orders I may have the will require watermelon drinks, I will decline/request a new plane order for.

The drops are still not balanced out enough for me to want to fill an order with them. Especially when just to make one drink costs 8 M&S watermelons alone.

I do still sell watermelons, but I don't sell them as much, just because I only collect from the cart now.

TwixAndScones
10-18-20, 08:36 PM
Question, how does someone have 2 Melon Programming TVs? I've recently just seen a farm with two of them, and I don't remember ever being able to get two of them, I only have the 1. Maybe I just missed it?

judyandthecat
10-24-20, 03:46 PM
Question, how does someone have 2 Melon Programming TVs? I've recently just seen a farm with two of them, and I don't remember ever being able to get two of them, I only have the 1. Maybe I just missed it?

Could of been a glitch.

chrocheter
06-24-22, 09:00 AM
Hello Judy,
I have researched forums for a clue on the Melon Megopolis goals 1-11 can you send link to me for clues?
Thanks so much for the help and for always being here.

Sincerely, Judy

judyandthecat
06-26-22, 01:30 AM
Hello Judy,
I have researched forums for a clue on the Melon Megopolis goals 1-11 can you send link to me for clues?

Sincerely, Judy

This event is over the goals were post on page one of this thread.

RoyalBlue305
02-05-23, 02:19 PM
Hello Judy,

Sincerely, Judy

I'm still working on this as well. It's in the "To Do List" but I can't find any info on it in the forum either.

RoyalBlue305
02-05-23, 02:21 PM
This event is over the goals were post one page one of this thread.

My goals still show in my "To do list" not as an a current event.

judyandthecat
02-05-23, 06:29 PM
My goals still show in my "To do list" not as an a current event.

This is from the Fancy Factory. See post two on following link.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113675-Fancy-Factory-New-Building-Goals-and-Recipes

When you get to goal six and seven if you can take screen shots.
Mine self completed.

RoyalBlue305
02-05-23, 09:43 PM
This is from the Fancy Factory. See post two on following link.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113675-Fancy-Factory-New-Building-Goals-and-Recipes

When you get to goal six and seven if you can take screen shots.
Mine self completed.

Great! Thanks for the info. Will do.