PDA

View Full Version : Humming Bird Leaderboard - 2020 May 6

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 04:15 PM
Leaderboard coming
(INSERT EVENT MAIN SCREEN)

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Floral Fountain - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Collect from your Hot Water Boiler - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 3 points
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Floral Fountain - 125 gems
You can also win this as a milestone prize!

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1000: 5 Darts for Piper's Treehouse
1400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1800: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
2250: Floral Wall
2700: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
3250: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
3800: Floral Fountain (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
4350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
4900: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
5450: 1 Floral Spinner
6000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
6500: Floral Slime Pet

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st place: Gold Winner - Floral Humming Bird and Gold Trophy
2nd place: Floral Humming Bird and Silver Trophy
3rd place: Bronze Trophy, Floral Fly Trap, 10 Expansion Permits
4th - 6th places: 10,000 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
7th - 12th places: 7500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
Consolation: 5000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event!

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 04:15 PM
Saved for event information

TwixAndScones
05-06-20, 06:20 PM
Interesting. So far, I am only interested in placing in 4th-6th, as not only do I want and need the coins, but that's the most achievable spot for me to place in.

The Floral Fly trap is most likely a decoration, as the last 2 leaderboard events I've played in, they've always included a decoration (the baby bear planting, pier post) anyway, so far it doesn't look bad either.

Though unfortunately if I do get it, it'll probably remain in storage, as I currently don't really have the space for things I do need.

Here's hoping I can get the 10000 coins! :)
But I am super excited to spin the wheel every 4 hours, if nothing else! As it looks like there is a spider web fence

Anyway. I wonder if the Floral Fly Trap will be as big as other fly traps I've seen in other farms?

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 06:43 PM
Interesting. So far, I am only interested in placing in 4th-6th, as not only do I want and need the coins, but that's the most achievable spot for me to place in.

The Floral Fly trap is most likely a decoration, as the last 2 leaderboard events I've played in, they've always included a decoration (the baby bear planting, pier post) anyway, so far it doesn't look bad either.

Though unfortunately if I do get it, it'll probably remain in storage, as I currently don't really have the space for things I do need.

Here's hoping I can get the 10000 coins! :)
But I am super excited to spin the wheel every 4 hours, if nothing else! As it looks like there is a spider web fence

Anyway. I wonder if the Floral Fly Trap will be as big as other fly traps I've seen in other farms?

The other Fly Traps are special pets that are fed exotic pet food.
Once placed on your farm they cannot be stored.
If it is a super Plant pet.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?109203-Pets-Habitats-PookieBear50-s-Guide/page2

TwixAndScones
05-06-20, 07:55 PM
The other Fly Traps are special pets that are fed exotic pet food.
Once placed on your farm they cannot be stored.
If it is a super Plant pet.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?109203-Pets-Habitats-PookieBear50-s-Guide/page2

Thank you :)

Main Screen Picture, some parts are in Italian, as I am. Anyway - if it helps (for anyone), here is the picture.

Edit: I may look into a 15 dollar iTunes card to help get to 3,600 points - as I really want this. If I'm not already there by the time this leaderboard event is finished.

I just got the perfect pairing for it.
I would pair it with the cotton candy machine. As the pinks would go super well together! :)

judyandthecat
05-07-20, 03:22 AM
Thank you :)

Main Screen Picture, some parts are in Italian, as I am. Anyway - if it helps (for anyone), here is the picture.

Edit: I may look into a 15 dollar iTunes card to help get to 3,600 points - as I really want this. If I'm not already there by the time this leaderboard event is finished.

I just got the perfect pairing for it.
I would pair it with the cotton candy machine. As the pinks would go super well together! :)

The Floral Slime is a pet.
The slimes we now have currently reside in the meteorite habitat.
I am hoping they give us another meteorite or a new habitat!

spring_peeper
05-08-20, 11:22 AM
The last few leaderboard events I never got leaderboard points on any of the milestones. Only coins. Also my spins produce 10-30 leaderboard points.

Frustrating as it seems some people get really far ahead, yet others don’t even stand a chance.

BatCrzy2
05-09-20, 05:48 PM
Wow! Bet there won’t be complaints about the Orchid Mantis being too small! LOL Awesome!!

Mitzi111
05-12-20, 06:29 AM
Is there some reason that we are getting Halloween fences in a spring flower event? LOLOL

TwixAndScones
05-13-20, 09:01 PM
I got the Floral Slime, and I didn't even have to spend any money into getting it.

Actually surprised right now.

I bought the habitat for it (over 3000 coins, a bit too much for me, but it was either that or gems :confused:)

Anyway. I will eventually move it somewhere else, when I can get the space.

I am now level 20, and now my next move, will be buying the goose animal. :) well and the hutch, as that comes first. Lol

But is there a way I can store the pet, or habitat for it?

I don't really have the room yet, and would like to know if I can store or not. As I've had to store a few of my crops, that I need to put vegetables in.

judyandthecat
05-13-20, 10:22 PM
I got the Floral Slime, and I didn't even have to spend any money into getting it.

Actually surprised right now.

I bought the habitat for it (over 3000 coins, a bit too much for me, but it was either that or gems :confused:)

Anyway. I will eventually move it somewhere else, when I can get the space.

I am now level 20, and now my next move, will be buying the goose animal. :) well and the hutch, as that comes first. Lol

But is there a way I can store the pet, or habitat for it?

I don't really have the room yet, and would like to know if I can store or not. As I've had to store a few of my crops, that I need to put vegetables in.

If you are playing on an Apple device you can store habitats and pets.
Click on the habitat and you will see like a cat Crate click on that and option comes up to store.
After habitat is empty click on it like when storing a decoration.

If you are playing on an android device pets and habitats cannot be stored.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94215-Pets-Guide&p=1344474&viewfull=1#post1344474

Natasha_07
05-14-20, 05:14 AM
Is there some reason that we are getting Halloween fences in a spring flower event? LOLOL

I was expecting Spring Blossom or Flourishing fences, maybe they are bored. :)

TwixAndScones
05-14-20, 03:29 PM
If you are playing on an Apple device you can store habitats and pets.
Click on the habitat and you will see like a cat Crate click on that and option comes up to store.
After habitat is empty click on it like when storing a decoration.

If you are playing on an android device pets and habitats cannot be stored.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94215-Pets-Guide&p=1344474&viewfull=1#post1344474

Thank you so much!! I have now stored it. As I need the space, and cannot offer it completely yet. I'm definitely glad that it can be stored back into storage, and that S8 made it possible to do so.

Anyway. Next mission comes! (The goose animal, for me)

Though, hopefully they can eventually incorporate it to Android Also. And not just for IOS.

zzzzzoii
05-18-20, 09:34 AM
Love the new format with always having a Leader board running. Brings excitement to the game.

Though this time I want the Flytrap prize in 3&4th place. Don’t think I will make it.

I also like the concept of having the Boost item a fountain. And for some reason my schedule is too busy or wifi is lacking it’s my goal to collect as many fountains as possible.

As far as the second event running on the side. I don’t mind the Collection turning in event. It?s always lovely to see what I get. Other than the skins love all the decorations, so pretty especially the flowers.

I used to like the Goal event when the item for goal made in separate building just purchased for it. Cause if you make it in studio or farmers outpost, the plane keeps asking for those building items just at that time!!!

I wish alternatively along with the leader board we could have a Fair event or Community Event. I did like the one where you level up a tree or cake or something, but was never successful at it.

judyandthecat
05-18-20, 05:52 PM
Floral Slime has arrived!

He can live in the Fawn Meadow or the Metagalactic Meteorite

ankavale1000
05-18-20, 08:27 PM
Congrats to all that got (going to get) Floral Slime!

I’m 380 points away from getting it. The 6000 mystery chest gave me 5 dynamites, a bit disappointed, but that just means I have to send some planes lol

I don think I’ll be able to place 6th for the Flytrap, it’s all good though, 6500 is a lot of work already.

Pink Slime come to me

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 03:33 AM
Congrats to all that got (going to get) Floral Slime!

I’m 380 points away from getting it. The 6000 mystery chest gave me 5 dynamites, a bit disappointed, but that just means I have to send some planes lol

I don think I’ll be able to place 6th for the Flytrap, it’s all good though, 6500 is a lot of work already.

Pink Slime come to me

The kittens hide as plane after plane buzz overhead.
Go go go they meow send a pinky Slime to ankavale1000's farm.
The plane drops Catnip over the kittens.

KewlMusic
05-19-20, 03:44 AM
Got a question about how 4 players in my leaderboard group a short while ago went from between 0 and 24 points to over 6000 points in a two-hour period. I do wonder if the 4 players are actually just 2; two players have the coyote avatar and the other two have the potted plant avatar. What’s interesting is that each of these farm names consist of emoticons and are centered in the middle of the ‘name plate‘, for lack of a better term.

Each player used the two-hour boost during this period in question. I’m not sure if leaderboard points are doubled when purchased while using the boost, as I’ve never resorted to spending money to buy my way to the top. If purchased points do double, then that could explain how the players were able to rise to the top of the pack so unbelievably fast from such a low beginning score.

When the event began, these particular players had 0 points until tonight. I thought that perhaps they had decided to sit this one out, but then BOOM!��

Since starting my post, I rechecked the results and now 3 of those players have all tied for first with 6,886 points.

I’ve seen this before in past events and it is so frustrating to know that my time and efforts just don’t matter. Players like these make it so difficult to even want to participate in these events anymore.

Does anyone know how these seemingly instant point surges are possible? Any information is greatly appreciated. TY ��

TwixAndScones
05-19-20, 08:20 AM
Got a question about how 4 players in my leaderboard group a short while ago went from between 0 and 24 points to over 6000 points in a two-hour period. I do wonder if the 4 players are actually just 2; two players have the coyote avatar and the other two have the potted plant avatar. What?s interesting is that each of these farm names consist of emoticons and are centered in the middle of the ?name plate?, for lack of a better term.

Each player used the two-hour boost during this period in question. I?m not sure if leaderboard points are doubled when purchased while using the boost, as I?ve never resorted to spending money to buy my way to the top. If purchased points do double, then that could explain how the players were able to rise to the top of the pack so unbelievably fast from such a low beginning score.

When the event began, these particular players had 0 points until tonight. I thought that perhaps they had decided to sit this one out, but then BOOM!��

Since starting my post, I rechecked the results and now 3 of those players have all tied for first with 6,886 points.

I?ve seen this before in past events and it is so frustrating to know that my time and efforts just don?t matter. Players like these make it so difficult to even want to participate in these events anymore.

Does anyone know how these seemingly instant point surges are possible? Any information is greatly appreciated. TY ��

Either by value pack, or the by gem boosters. Which can range (the gem boosters) from 7 gems to 30 gems.

Anyway. I also seen someone in the middle of the event, being in last place (20th) not even really doing the event, and then instantly rise to 1st place. With under a 100 points to almost 5 thousand. Anyway, it didn't favour them well, or at least not in the end of this, as they are now in 9th.

I do agree to a certain extent, and do feel like hard work doesn't matter at times. Though to be fair, it is there money and gems, they're using. But still, it just feels like it doesn't matter, or have a chance at anything, unless you're using leaderboard point boosters.

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 08:49 AM
Got a question about how 4 players in my leaderboard group a short while ago went from between 0 and 24 points to over 6000 points in a two-hour period. I do wonder if the 4 players are actually just 2; two players have the coyote avatar and the other two have the potted plant avatar. What’s interesting is that each of these farm names consist of emoticons and are centered in the middle of the ‘name plate‘, for lack of a better term.

Each player used the two-hour boost during this period in question. I’m not sure if leaderboard points are doubled when purchased while using the boost, as I’ve never resorted to spending money to buy my way to the top. If purchased points do double, then that could explain how the players were able to rise to the top of the pack so unbelievably fast from such a low beginning score.

I’ve seen this before in past events and it is so frustrating to know that my time and efforts just don’t matter. Players like these make it so difficult to even want to participate in these events anymore.

Ankavale1000 wrote this up on another leaderboard on how yellow boosters get so many points

Meow. I would like to share my experience. Meow.

Every LB, there?s a 15point every 2hr thing ... let?s call this thing 15pointer.

On a recent LB, I was running out of time to get to 6500. I had around 5000 and 6 hrs left.

I?ve heard of, and got knocked out of top spots by, the legendary 15pointer. So I decided to give it a try.

First, I clicked the 15pointer, then the speed up button popped up. I clicked away 4gems, then I swiped bucket over the 15pointer, voila I got 15 LB points!

It?s not as fast as say collecting from chickens or cows, but it is FAST in accumulating LB points.

I also used the yellow boost because I would use less gems since I needed 1500 LB points (breakdown provided below).

1500 LB points (no boost)
100 speed up x 4 is ... 400 gems

1500 LB points (7 gem boost)
67 speed up x 4 is 268 gems plus 7 gem boost is ... 275 gems

1500 LB points (30 gem boost, double points)
50 speed up x 4 is 200 gems plus 30 gem boost is ... 230 gems

It took me less than 2 minutes to speed up 50x and got the milestone pet.

That was the only time I used the 15pointer. My limit is 250 gems since that?s about the cost when a pet goes on sale.

I?ve encountered many many many players who use the 15pointer. Some uses it from the start, a declaration so to speak, some uses it at the last minute, erasing the countless hours of hard work put in by fellow farmers. One time on my board, I had 4 players discussing on each other?s wall when they should stop using 15pointer ... they decided on 35,000. Lol.

My take is that LB is designed for high rollers. I?ve heard of high roller table. I wonder why there isn?t a high roller LB ...

Meow. I digress. Meow.

TwixAndScones
05-19-20, 06:37 PM
I got the floral flytrap (very glad, at least) and the extra coins I more so needed. As I still haven't got the bed and breakfast but when I can expand, I'll finally buy it :)

Anyway. I didn't know you could feed it? What? After you feed it, what does it give you?

As I thought it would be a decoration, but it is not? It looks like it maybe a pet?

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 06:51 PM
I got the floral flytrap (very glad, at least) and the extra coins I more so needed. As I still haven't got the bed and breakfast but when I can expand, I'll finally buy it :)

Anyway. I didn't know you could feed it? What? After you feed it, what does it give you?

As I thought it would be a decoration, but it is not? It looks like it maybe a pet?

From PookieBear50 Pet Guide

The following pets are special pets that need to be fed (like regular pets), but they are different in that they

- cannot be stored; and
- remain stationary (that is, they do not roam your farm like the regular pets).

Super Plant Pets
Flying Squirrel
Football Trap
Frozen Bluebell
Hermit Crab
Hippo Enclosure
Koala Tree
Piper's Rock Pet
Rock Pet Family
Seahorse
Super Bat
Sweet Sunflower
Tilapia Pond
Venomous Flytrap
Venus Flytrap
Venus Lovetrap

JustKay
05-19-20, 06:52 PM
The humming bird?s wings flutter! Great job again S8! I was worried they might do it like the other recent birds? flapping wings (since it does have a bit of a duck bill), but this new pet is quite unique.

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 06:54 PM
The humming bird?s wings flutter! Great job again S8! I was worried they might do it like the other recent birds? flapping wings (since it does have a bit of a duck bill), but this new pet is quite unique.

I missed out on it came in fourth but hopefully they will sell it on Black Friday Sale.

Congratulations!

They did a superb job on the Mantis too!

TwixAndScones
05-19-20, 07:02 PM
From PookieBear50 Pet Guide

The following pets are special pets that need to be fed (like regular pets), but they are different in that they

- cannot be stored; and
- remain stationary (that is, they do not roam your farm like the regular pets).

Super Plant Pets
Flying Squirrel
Football Trap
Frozen Bluebell
Hermit Crab
Hippo Enclosure
Koala Tree
Piper's Rock Pet
Rock Pet Family
Seahorse
Super Bat
Sweet Sunflower
Tilapia Pond
Venomous Flytrap
Venus Flytrap
Venus Lovetrap

Interesting. I'm glad I got this as a pet, too. As to be fair, I don't like when pets roam my farm (like the slime) I like when they stay in one area, so to speak. So I'm glad I was able to get it. As I like it way better than the slime, though that is my own opinion about it.

Kinky_Candy
05-19-20, 07:10 PM
Hello all:) Congratulations to all the players for participating and for the winning! I am in second place but i havent c my bird yet :( neither c my place. The player that was first have the bird in his/her farm. What must doing? Im very sad because I tried for it :(Thank u in advance

PookieBear50
05-19-20, 07:20 PM

Which habitat(s) does the Floral Hummingbird go into? I'm assuming the Bird Tree may be one of them, but any others?

Kinky_Candy
05-19-20, 07:24 PM
Hello all:) Congratulations to all the players for participating and for the winning! I am in second place but i havent c my bird yet :( neither c my place. The player that was first have the bird in his/her farm. What must doing? Im very sad because I tried for it :(Thank u in advance Hello hello! Just now little bird appears :love_heart: IM HAPPY NOW!

PookieBear50
05-19-20, 07:27 PM
Hello hello! Just now little bird appears :love_heart: IM HAPPY NOW!

Congratulations!

Which habitats does it go into?

TwixAndScones
05-19-20, 07:29 PM
The flytrap dances/sways when you feed it food?
I love this! :love_heart: my new favourite thing! :)

Edit: and thanks to the lead board (10.000 coins) and the 5 expanding things, I expanded, plus finally built my bed and breakfast! I'm so happy!

JustKay
05-19-20, 11:28 PM
Which habitat(s) does the Floral Hummingbird go into? I'm assuming the Bird Tree may be one of them, but any others?

I checked and it says Bird Tree or Rescue Pen. I haven?t tried putting it in a Rescue Pen though, since that seems a bit unusual

PookieBear50
05-20-20, 12:54 AM
I checked and it says Bird Tree or Rescue Pen. I haven?t tried putting it in a Rescue Pen though, since that seems a bit unusual

Thanks. I'll add it to the Pet Habitats thread.

KojiMama
05-20-20, 03:42 AM
I posted this same thing in the wrong thread. I’m maxed out on rescue pens and can’t find the bird tree. Where can I find it?

Do you have it in your cellar from previous events?

Because I don't see it for sale now

If you are playing on an Apple device you can put pets in storage.

Kinky_Candy
05-20-20, 06:08 AM
Hello PookieBear50 thank u :) Its those that u find. Bird tree and rescue house. Sorry for delay of my answer, just saw yr question :)

TwixAndScones
05-20-20, 07:29 AM
Interesting. I just collected from my flytrap, I did think I would get coins, I did, like I thought, but not as much as I did.

But regardless, I don't care much about not receiving lots of coins from it, because it's cuteness makes up for it, and I am not in super need of coins, anyway.

But I am SO IN LOVE with my flytrap. Do they offer these frequently in the leaderboard events? As I want more of them now - or want to collect more of them :)

Natasha_07
05-20-20, 01:28 PM
Interesting. I'm glad I got this as a pet, too. As to be fair, I don't like when pets roam my farm (like the slime) I like when they stay in one area, so to speak. So I'm glad I was able to get it. As I like it way better than the slime, though that is my own opinion about it.

You can create a designated area for your pets by blocking around the habitats with decorations/buildings so they stick to an 'only pet area' on your farm.

Interesting. I just collected from my flytrap, I did think I would get coins, I did, like I thought, but not as much as I did.

But regardless, I don't care much about not receiving lots of coins from it, because it's cuteness makes up for it, and I am not in super need of coins, anyway.

But I am SO IN LOVE with my flytrap. Do they offer these frequently in the leaderboard events? As I want more of them now - or want to collect more of them :)

1-2 place typically gets a pet while 3-6 gets a pet or decor, this last one always varies time to time.

TwixAndScones
05-22-20, 10:17 AM
You can create a designated area for your pets by blocking around the habitats with decorations/buildings so they stick to an 'only pet area' on your farm.

1-2 place typically gets a pet while 3-6 gets a pet or decor, this last one always varies time to time.

That is interesting. Thanks for the information :)

Anyway. Does anyone know or have an idea (or speculation) on when we'll see another leaderboard event? I'm really wanting to do another one; and seeing what's being offered for the 3rd-6th placing players.

judyandthecat
05-22-20, 10:21 AM
That is interesting. Thanks for the information :)

Anyway. Does anyone know or have an idea (or speculation) on when we'll see another leaderboard event? I'm really wanting to do another one; and seeing what's being offered for the 3rd-6th placing players.

Likely on Wednesday, June 3rd