PDA

View Full Version : May Flowers Event - 2020 May 6

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 02:33 PM
Praying Mantis
I raised them once when one was brought in on a hibiscus in the fall.
The price I had to pay for Fruit fly cultures

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248486&viewfull=1#post1248486

Collection Items
Day 1 - send planes
Day 2 - from Bed and Breakfast
Day 3 - from pigs
Day 4 - from Orchid Mantis - pops up like butterflies
Day 5 - from the mine
Day 6 - from Passion Fruit Vines
Day 7 - from Farmer's Outpost
Day 8 - from fishing
Day 9 - from Apple Trees
Day 10 - from Studio
Day 10 - LOWER LEVELS from the Deep Fryer

Event Prizes
Collect Them All!
Can you get all the prizes from the Collections Gallery? I've got a prize for you if you can!
Turn in one Orchid Mantis Collectiom
Collect 1 of each of the following
Orchid Mantis
Botanist Bovine
Florist Fowl
Pile of Flowers Pig
Florist Crown Sheep
Orchid Vase
Orchid Scarecrow
Orchid Diagram
Orchid Centrepiece
Orchid Wreath
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
Orchid from turning in 5 collections
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
Florist - 165 gems
Orchid Gardener- 20 gems - one time use
Floral Bait - 19 gems

Goals (if any)
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 11: May Flowers
Last months rains have really yielded some great blooms this month! But you know what my favourite flower is? It's the orchid!
Send 5 planes
Get 3 Orchid Scissors - random drop planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 11: May Flowers
I'd love to decorate with orchids. Let's go ahead and collect breeds to see what we can do.
Buy 1 Potted Orchid from Market
Get 3 Vanguard Orchids
You get this by cutting the potted Orchid with Orchid scissors

Goal 3 will not appear until 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time tomorrow

Goal 3 of 11: May Flowers
Morgan, these flowers look weird. They look like things that can crawl!
Get 3 Chiu Hua Dancer Orchids from Bed and Breakfast

Goal 4 of 11: May Flowers
At least these flowers smell really nice! I guess some of them aren't too weird.
Get 3 Darwin's Orchids from pigs

Goal 5 of 11: May Flowers
Orchids can come in really interesting shapes and colours. That's why I love them so much!
Get 3 Amethyst-Lipped Orchids from the Orchid Mantis

Goal 6 of 11: May Flowers
There are so many different kinds of Orchids; some grow from a single bud and some even have Ariel roots to grab moisture from the air!
Get 3 Pastor's Orchids from the mine

Goal 7 of 11: May Flowers
Yeah, these flowers are pretty. Smell good too.
Get 3 Fragrant Jumellea Orchids from Passion Fruit Vines

Goal 8 of 11: May Flowers
Morgan, there are Orchids called Dragon Mouths! Do you think they breath fire?
Get 3 Dragon Mouth Orchids from Farmers Outpost

Goal 9 of 11: May Flowers
Piper, the common names for these flowers are sometimes determined by how they look. Just like these flowers that look like shoes!
Get 3 Silver Slipper Orchids from fishing

Goal 10 of 11: May Flowers
So does that mean that these Orchids were named after their colour and shape too?
Get 3 Stars and Bars Orchid from apple trees

Goal 11 of 11: May Flowers
Piper, I now hope you understand why Orchids are some of my favourite flowers!
Get 3 Morel's Miltonia Orchid from the Studio

Side Goal (optional) (if any)
Goal 1 of 2: Find a Friendly Florist!
Missing some items? Turn your extra May Flowers items into other items. You can make what you need for the Orchid Mantis Collection!
Buy the Florist from the Market

Are These Orchids Looking At Me?
If you turn in enough May Flower items to the Collections Gallery, I've got a new special friend for you!
Turn in 5 collections
REWARDS: 200 coins, Orchid, 3 experience points

Goal 1 of 2: Tender Trading
This chicken is doing some tending in it's garden, it may have some extra items for you!
Buy 1 Orchid Gardener from the Market- 20 gems
Make 1 plane delivery
Collect 5 Orchid Scissors - random drop planes

Water Germination
Want an extra chance at some "May Flowers" items from the pond? Use the Floral Bait!
Buy Floral Bait for 19 gems
REWARDS: 200 coins, 2 experience points

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 02:34 PM
Saved for event information

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 03:52 PM
saved for event information

Mitzi111
05-06-20, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know what the prize is for 'Tender Tending'? I don't want to spend 60 gems just to find out that I win a map or something lame.

judyandthecat
05-06-20, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know what the prize is for 'Tender Tending'? I don't want to spend 60 gems just to find out that I win a map or something lame.

Don't buy yet because sometimes that item is a reward for one of the goals.
It is a two part goal
Goal 1 reward is 200 coins, 3 experience points

Mitzi111
05-06-20, 08:40 PM
Don't buy yet because sometimes that item is a reward for one of the goals.
It is a two part goal
Goal 1 reward is 200 coins, 3 experience points

Thanks for the tip judyandthecat !

Natasha_07
05-06-20, 11:06 PM
I love this event, I love flowers not to mention white orchids are one of my favorite flowers.

I'm hoping I can get every single prize and have a nice flowery corner.

judyandthecat
05-07-20, 02:06 AM
I love this event, I love flowers not to mention white orchids are one of my favorite flowers.

I'm hoping I can get every single prize and have a nice flowery corner.

I plan on buying a bunch of the 2000 pot in market for decorations after the event

judyandthecat
05-07-20, 02:37 PM
Goal 3
Get 3 Chiu Hua Dancer Orchids from Bed and Breakfast

Natasha_07
05-08-20, 02:54 AM
I plan on buying a bunch of the 2000 pot in market for decorations after the event

Yes, same here. Just like I did with the slime eggs but haven't placed any for Spring yet on my farm, they are still waiting on me in storage. :)

judyandthecat
05-08-20, 03:37 AM
Yes, same here. Just like I did with the slime eggs but haven't placed any for Spring yet on my farm, they are still waiting on me in storage. :)

I bought a bunch of the Slime eggs too and I decorated for Easter with them.
New players need to know that the event item can be used as decorations after the event ends and you get it for coins!

judyandthecat
05-08-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 4
Get 3 Darwin's Orchids from pigs

judyandthecat
05-09-20, 03:22 PM
Goal 5
Find the Mantis popping up on your farm

Hanja49
05-10-20, 04:03 AM
Is it very small? Tried to find it for a long time, several times, but it is not wandering around on my farm!

Natasha_07
05-10-20, 05:30 AM
The mantis has only showed up twice on my farm, I've waited and waited multiple times and the thing is a no-show.

TwixAndScones
05-10-20, 06:52 AM
Is it very small? Tried to find it for a long time, several times, but it is not wandering around on my farm!

If you're talking about the Mantis,
For me, it's only popped up once in my farm, but it was huge.

Im not sure if it's because of how it appeared on my end. But if one will pop up again, I'll take a screenshot. To see.

Hanja49
05-10-20, 03:30 PM
Thank you kappy333

judyandthecat
05-10-20, 03:54 PM
Goal 6
Get 3 Pastor's Orchids from the mine
Random drop upon exiting mine.
I exit after every shovel.

Woldawson
05-10-20, 04:13 PM
The mantis has only showed up twice on my farm, I've waited and waited multiple times and the thing is a no-show.

The mantis hasn?t showed up on my farm at all. 24 hours, not even one. I play a lot too. Checking in hourly at least & playing for 10mins at a time, at least.

Hanja49
05-10-20, 04:36 PM
I found him twice now! But it only gave me coins. This is again one of these events where one item does not drop enough to finish the event.:(

dulcepaty
05-10-20, 06:25 PM
Afortunadamente con la mantis me va bien, lo peor es conseguir algo en la mina, ?es muy poco probable!.
Se gastan muchas herramientas para que no te den nada.

Lilliepaddd
05-10-20, 06:36 PM
I found him twice now! But it only gave me coins. This is again one of these events where one item does not drop enough to finish the event.:(

Exactly...why have coins in the first place? I can't advance. Frustrating!

TwixAndScones
05-10-20, 08:23 PM
Exactly...why have coins in the first place? I can't advance. Frustrating!

I cannot remember, how many coins are offered for the Mantis, when you click on it, as I've only had luck getting and tapping it once -

But given its appearance seems so rare, seems like an inconvenience to get coins from it.

Does the mantis appear like this to everyone else

I found another one earlier, on a different farm, but wasn't able to click it in time.

Natasha_07
05-11-20, 01:42 AM
I'm currently stuck on goal #5 waiting for the Mantis to give me an orchid so I can advance to the next goal which is the mine, so another issue...:(

Natasha_07
05-11-20, 03:06 AM
I cannot remember, how many coins are offered for the Mantis, when you click on it, as I've only had luck getting and tapping it once -

But given its appearance seems so rare, seems like an inconvenience to get coins from it.

Does the mantis appear like this to everyone else

I found another one earlier, on a different farm, but wasn't able to click it in time.

The Mantis has given me 15 coins, not sure if it's the same for everyone.

judyandthecat
05-11-20, 03:50 AM
I am bringing this post here from ankavale1000
She explains how myself, her and others do it.

Listen to post 32 Judys advice.

The raccoon is very small so it can hide behind a deco, a tree, a building etc.
The easiest way to spot him is

1. Fill up every open square on your farm with deco or path, anything u have in ur cellar, if u don?t want to use coins
......this can be time consuming if your farm is pretty open

2. Once you fill up every open square, select an area of approx. 8x8 and leave that area open (remove paths or deco etc)
......this is the area that Butterflies, moles, raccoon will pop up - Pop Up Stage

3. Once you designated the Pop Up Stage, force close game then reopen.
......Once u reopen, hover over ur Pop Up Stage, wait for butterflies/moles to show (anywhere from 15 to 30sec). The Raccoon will appear shortly after (between 10 sec to a bit over a minute, varies with farm). Please note, if butterflies etc don?t show after 2 minutes in your Pop Up Stage, chances are you still have open squares else where.

4. Once you clicked on Raccoon, coins or bottle, force close game and reopen ... repeat Step 3.

Judy invented this method. It works. Try it.
The drop rate of bottle is really low, raccoon only appears for about 20 seconds or so, if you want bottles, this method (free, no gem purchase) is your best bet.

Once you have your farm set up this way, you will be ready for all future events w.visitors.

An idea how small raccoon is, how it can hide literally behind everything

Hanja49
05-11-20, 04:27 AM
He is not that small, you will see him if he appears on your farm . I just found him again, and again I got 20 coins. Not funny........

judyandthecat
05-11-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 7
Get 3 Fragrant Jumellea Orchids from Passion Fruit Vines

judyandthecat
05-11-20, 02:47 PM
Afortunadamente con la mantis me va bien, lo peor es conseguir algo en la mina, ?es muy poco probable!.
Se gastan muchas herramientas para que no te den nada.
Translation of above:
Fortunately with the mantis I am doing well, the worst is getting something in the mine, it is very unlikely!
Many tools are spent so they don't give you anything.

Yes the mine gives everyone problems.

judyandthecat
05-11-20, 02:51 PM
He is not that small, you will see him if he appears on your farm . I just found him again, and again I got 20 coins. Not funny........

Doesn't matter the size. If you make say a 12 square area empty for the butterflies, mole and event item...Mantis then one is not searching the entire farm.
My area is by my Market so I can go through the paper for items as I watch.
Then I force cl9se and watch again.
But say you have something like the canner with one open square behind it up tight you won't see the item. That is why us old players have every square covered.

gdr4gon
05-11-20, 05:27 PM
I was waiting for any info on the side event. But I guess since we always get almost worthless prizes no one does them anymore. Let me know if this event surprises us and is different.
T.Y.

judyandthecat
05-11-20, 06:58 PM
I was waiting for any info on the side event. But I guess since we always get almost worthless prizes no one does them anymore. Let me know if this event surprises us and is different.
T.Y.

I been waiting too and will post the goals all in one post when someone tells us!

Natasha_07
05-12-20, 12:41 AM
Translation of above:
Fortunately with the mantis I am doing well, the worst is getting something in the mine, it is very unlikely!

It took me 38 tools just to get 3 orchids, will likely need many more so I can get to 5 which is needed for the collections. I'm mentally preparing before I take the plunge again. :)

spring_peeper
05-12-20, 03:42 AM
Translation of above:

Why does the team at S8 refuse to listen to feedback on these events?

Why are the events identical over and over again?

I suppose because a few players win the prize by the game or spend gems, they don?t care.

I have never spent money to get gems for this game, but I certainly would be more willing to do so if I knew the team actually listened to what players have to say.

vjwmomma
05-12-20, 10:39 AM
I now have 4 Floral Baits that I got through Stormie?s Shop and I have no idea what they?re for. When I go into my barn and pull them up the description is ?????. Anyone know what these are for? I?m assuming they have something to do with this event.

judyandthecat
05-12-20, 12:03 PM
I now have 4 Floral Baits that I got through Stormie?s Shop and I have no idea what they?re for. When I go into my barn and pull them up the description is ?????. Anyone know what these are for? I?m assuming they have something to do with this event.

They will be used for fishing day ...maybe today.
When fishing is the goal of the day you have 4 good baits.

judyandthecat
05-12-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 8
Get 3 Dragon Mouth Orchids from Farmers Outpost

judyandthecat
05-13-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 9
Get 3 Silver Slipper Orchids from fishing

If you were lucky enough to get some Floral baits from Stormie now is the time to use them.
Any Bait works.

suncatchers
05-13-20, 04:43 PM
I bought a floral bait from Stormie...it only gave me one anchovy. :(

Also, for the side event that has six steps, the prize is 3 land deeds (from the old expansion parts). I don’t remember all the steps, but 5/6 was give 10 bubble bath bottles and 6/6 was give 13 almond pudding. I think the other steps were maple bacon and eggs, ravioli, dark chocolate, dried apples (I don’t remember the amounts and they might not be in that order....sorry). Hope this helps someone!

judyandthecat
05-13-20, 05:10 PM
Goal 1 of 2: Find a Friendly Florist!
Missing some items? Turn your extra May Flowers items into other items. You can make what you need for the Orchid Mantis Collection!
Buy the Florist from the Market

The Florist is now on sale for 83 gems
Having trouble collecting items?
This building allows you to turn other event items into the ones you need!

Natasha_07
05-14-20, 05:17 AM
The mantis is being really a pain, it hardly shows up and when it does most of the time I only get 15 or 20 coins.

I hope I get that guy from the collection after all of this.

judyandthecat
05-14-20, 02:31 PM
Goal 10
Get 3 Stars and Bars Orchid from apple trees

judyandthecat
05-15-20, 02:17 PM
In 15 minutes the last goal will be unlocked.
Good Luck everyone!
Remember if you turn in five collections you receive an orchid.
I am thinking this is a superpet but we will know shortly.
If you are having troubles collecting some of the event items REMEMBER the Florist is on sale.
With the Florist you can make the event item that is hard to get.

judyandthecat
05-15-20, 02:32 PM
Goal 11
Get 3 Morel's Miltonia Orchids from the Studio

NElove6
05-16-20, 05:52 AM
I can?t make bait for the slipper orchid. Nothing shows up.

NElove6
05-16-20, 05:59 AM

NElove6
05-16-20, 01:50 PM
I agree with the repetitiveness of these events. I would love a change! If one is a regular player it gets boring.
How about bringing back the fair ground events. It?s been a couple years.

TwixAndScones
05-16-20, 02:17 PM
The mantis is being really a pain, it hardly shows up and when it does most of the time I only get 15 or 20 coins.

I hope I get that guy from the collection after all of this.

Wait, you can actually receive the Mantis in the end? If you turn in the collection, and get luck to win it.

I just built a Collections Gallery, but I didn't think the end prize, if lucky, would be the Mantis.

I wonder what it does, it anyone wins it.

Anyway - I'm a bit glad I choose to build the bakery yesterday, then. Because I was actually thinking to build the "Cider House" but since it's part of the challenge to collect for this, I'm definitely glad I did. I wonder if I can at least complete it once, and turn everything in - what I will get. I wished I had looked more properly at this sooner :( as I'll probably just be lucky to only turn 1 round of things in.

Also, something I noticed more - was the fact the Mantis kept appearing more on my farm, with open spaces.

I use to have a 2x2 area, before I built my Collection Gallery, it was open. And a lot more mantises popped up. I'm not sure why, but for me; I noticed when I expanded and had the space (before I put more things in) a lot more mantises and even butterflies popped up.

But now that I don't got open space. Or at least since I've built my Collection Gallery, no more mantises popped up yet, or again. Weird.

judyandthecat
05-16-20, 04:42 PM

You have to buy the Bait you cannot make it

TwixAndScones
05-16-20, 08:43 PM
Interesting. I just turned everything in for my first round, may have enough for a second one soon (luckily! :) ) anyway. I got an "Orchid Diagram" very nice looking. I wonder what else I'll get, when I submit more in.

Anyway. If I can finish at least in 6 place - when the leadboard ends, I'll place it in the back of it :)

Since both are white (the fly trap and orchid diagram) and considered plants, in my head - it'll look great the way I have it paired.

Natasha_07
05-16-20, 09:56 PM
Wait, you can actually receive the Mantis in the end? If you turn in the collection, and get luck to win it.

Check the 'Collect Them All' goal in the to do list for the possible prizes for the collections in this event.

little_veggie
05-17-20, 01:29 AM
I agree with the repetitiveness of these events. I would love a change! If one is a regular player it gets boring.
How about bringing back the fair ground events. It?s been a couple years.

It?s sad , I have played this game for years and the events used to be varied. Then something happened at Storm and there were no events for ages . When the events started again we were so pleased but they are all the same now . I find I can?t be bothered this time to make endless things in the studio each time for collection events ... same format , same challenges . I have a few ideas how they could mix it up a bit but am not sure how to propose them . Right now I?m just a little bored .

4seasonfarm
05-17-20, 02:43 AM
Why bother making an event when you?re not going to give any prizes! This is getting very boring now it is almost impossible to get parts in the mine and the studio! Especially after working very hard then comes the mine and then the studio working for 2 days nothing from the studio and have no more tools for the mine. I don?t think i want to participate in any of the events anymore.Waist of my time because at the end i get nothing.
Plus I'm not happy with the event prize sizes they are just to small and not creative like it used to be!
I?d prefer the beautiful fun big prizes that you?d made years ago and the way the events were made. I hope storm 8 will listen to its members and make some changes.

klengenhues
05-17-20, 03:02 AM
same for me. I’m crafting in the studio all day long. Since release only 3 rewards in the past 30 hours ? That’s not funny anymore. Esoecially when it comes at the end and you have only 2-3 days left making it quite impossible. I know that it doesn’t have to be too simple but come on ? I wasn’t playing 2 years because it was boring but I see nothing has changed ��

judyandthecat
05-17-20, 04:39 AM
This is a free game but the thing is a company cannot survive with no income.
If they can't sell something they will cease to exist.
Let's talk about events.
There is going to be Event Items easy to get but if you just played the game and everyone wins the prize how is the company going to make money. There are employees to be paid, overhead expenses.
So along comes an event and there are a couple of very hard items to get.
There is a way to get this item it is called buying the Boost item.
In this event it is a building called the Florist that is on for sale for 83 gems.
Hmmm I can buy these gems for about five dollars.
Is this being greedy NO
It is like the cost of a donut and coffee so I don't really think it is asking for too much.
With this building I can make the event item that is hard to get by using the event items that were easy to get.
So it is a win win situation.
I get to turn in a lot of collections and you give the company some money so they can keep designers and programmers paid.
As for luck events sometimes I win the prize I want, sometimes I don't. Kind of like going to Vegas and pulling the arm on a slot machine. But you know what along Comes Black Friday or a summer sale and I can now buy that pet or decoration that I didn't win in some previous event by again purchasing some gems. There are usually some pretty awesome decorations etc that you do win and heck you have fun decorating your farm with them.

4seasonfarm
05-17-20, 05:39 AM
Hi judy,
Totally understand it but as a very old player it never used to be like this. Not everyone do or can purchase gems. Yes it is a free game but it shouldn?t be this hard it never used to be. By downloading their game they are earning a lot plus the advertisements they are making us watch. Im not complaining well I'm a little! as a game player I'm leaving feedback and i can see its just not me who thinks the same. They should listen to the players too this is not just about their company. If you visit my farm you will see how I've enjoyed it! and i can say its one of the most beautiful farm ever :) so i think they should consider changing few things because If people start to take no part in the events then its a big loss for them anyway. Have a nice day.

TwixAndScones
05-17-20, 07:11 AM
Why bother making an event when you?re not going to give any prizes! This is getting very boring now it is almost impossible to get parts in the mine and the studio! Especially after working very hard then comes the mine and then the studio working for 2 days nothing from the studio and have no more tools for the mine. I don?t think i want to participate in any of the events anymore.Waist of my time because at the end i get nothing.
Plus I'm not happy with the event prize sizes they are just to small and not creative like it used to be!
I?d prefer the beautiful fun big prizes that you?d made years ago and the way the events were made. I hope storm 8 will listen to its members and make some changes.

Personally, I know I may not be of much help. Especially to an older player in the game, knowing I just started about 2/2 and a half months ago, but - if you have the time and can wait out 5 minutes and actively check the listings (many times) during them 5 minutes, - at least every minute, minute and a half - you can possibly have and get luck (thought not often) finding pick axes and shovels for the mine. As I just came across two just literally a few minutes ago. I should've bought them, but since I am not expanded to the mine yet and I have some on a different farm - I didn't think to.

But it is possible, in my own opinion.

TwixAndScones
05-17-20, 08:00 AM
Hey, is anyone having issues collecting from the Bakery, and the Sugar Spinner?

It's part of the collection thing, at least on my end to get the flowers from it. And I've made 3 grape, 4 (almost 5) apple ones, and yet I've not received anything from it, yet or again.

Is there a specific sugar or even bakery item that triggers getting more flowers? Or is it completely random?

spring_peeper
05-17-20, 08:10 AM
This is a free game but the thing is a company cannot survive with no income.
If they can't sell something they will cease to exist.
Let's talk about events.
There is going to be Event Items easy to get but if you just played the game and everyone wins the prize how is the company going to make money. There are employees to be paid, overhead expenses.
So along comes an event and there are a couple of very hard items to get.
There is a way to get this item it is called buying the Boost item.
In this event it is a building called the Florist that is on for sale for 83 gems.
Hmmm I can buy these gems for about five dollars.
Is this being greedy NO
It is like the cost of a donut and coffee so I don't really think it is asking for too much.
With this building I can make the event item that is hard to get by using the event items that were easy to get.
So it is a win win situation.
I get to turn in a lot of collections and you give the company some money so they can keep designers and programmers paid.
As for luck events sometimes I win the prize I want, sometimes I don't. Kind of like going to Vegas and pulling the arm on a slot machine. But you know what along Comes Black Friday or a summer sale and I can now buy that pet or decoration that I didn't win in some previous event by again purchasing some gems. There are usually some pretty awesome decorations etc that you do win and heck you have fun decorating your farm with them.

I agree that this is a business and money needs to be made.

My problem is that by spending the money to get the 83 gems, from what I understand, you still have difficulty getting the items you need.

I will be the first person to come on here and say I do not want an easy event. I like a challenge. I?ve played this game for years now. The events used to be fun, exciting, challenging. You had to think of ways to be creative to be successful. It could be done, but strategically. Then again, sometimes it couldn?t. But for whatever reason, events were so much different back then. I remember playing them and if I didn?t win the prize, I knew I was close, and I probably could have increased my chances significantly if I played a bit more or spent money for gems.

I would be okay with spending money for something I wanted a chance at getting if I was really enjoying myself playing the events. I?m sorry, but these events are the same thing, over and over again. We even had Halloween fences as prizes this time! If this isn?t a sign of developers that have just given up, I don?t know what is. I also disagree that the prizes are all that great. A lot are recycled from previous events, colours changed up a bit, costume for the pig or cow changed. I have over 30 of essentially the same prize in my cellar.

We haven?t had a county fair event. We haven?t had events that make us feel challenged. We haven?t had exciting events. Same event over and over again. I hear the frustration of the rest of the players, because I feel exactly the same. I will not spend money to buy gems on a game where there is essentially nothing new. Now, if I saw some more creativity, some more thought put into the events, maybe some new-ish prizes that aren?t recycled, I?d be apt to spend gems on something I really wanted. This event has a cow and a pig (recycled from the last events) and a scarecrow. It?s May. Same goes for the web fence. Why would I spend money on recycled prizes?

It?s too predictable. First item from deliveries. Then you buy something for 2000 coins to get guaranteed a item. Slowly they become more difficult to get. It is not easy crafting tools for the mine. So a player uses all their tools on one event, only to have none for the next.

I don?t want this to come across as sounding horribly negative towards the game, because, as I have said, I?ve played for years. But it?s not the same fun game it used to be. S8 is going to have a hard time making money this way if they offer boring, predictable events over and over again. A lot of us won?t only not buy gems, but quit playing this game altogether.

dulcepaty
05-17-20, 08:32 AM
Esta bien que haya que comprar gemas. Pero por que no, ayudar y regalar gemas durante eventos. Tiempo atras regalaban 30 gemas por instalar otros juegos y 14 gemas por subirlos de nivel son muchos detalles que se han perdido. Quiza obtener al***as gemas gratis que no provenga de una mascota o del tren sea una motivacion.

judyandthecat
05-17-20, 09:10 AM
Esta bien que haya que comprar gemas. Pero por que no, ayudar y regalar gemas durante eventos. Tiempo atras regalaban 30 gemas por instalar otros juegos y 14 gemas por subirlos de nivel son muchos detalles que se han perdido. Quiza obtener al***as gemas gratis que no provenga de una mascota o del tren sea una motivacion.

Translation of above:
It is good that you have to buy gems. But why not, help and give away gems during events. Back time they gave away 30 gems for installing other games and 14 gems for leveling them up are many details that have been lost. Maybe getting some free gems that doesn't come from a pet or train is a motivation.

oldmcz
05-17-20, 09:34 AM
What habitat can the slime monster go into aside from the gentle gazebo which uses 500 gems so I can?t get.

TwixAndScones
05-17-20, 09:39 AM
I just completed my 2nd set of collection.

I got a scarecrow this time! Very nice :)

I wonder what else I'll get, if I can try again. I really want the Botanist Bovine , (which I believe is the cow? But I want it still.

TwixAndScones
05-17-20, 09:42 AM
What habitat can the slime monster go into aside from the gentle gazebo which uses 500 gems so I can?t get.

The Metagalactic Meteorite. It's 3000 coins, though.

NElove6
05-17-20, 10:12 AM
Well stated! Hopefully there will be a change soon.

praphulladp
05-17-20, 10:40 AM
Disgusting!!!! Last 2 days no output from studio,,,, frustrated! Admin please do something....

Natasha_07
05-17-20, 05:34 PM

Es que ya hay pocos juegos o ediciones nuevas en android, supongo esa es la plataforma que usas ya que es la ?nica que ofrecen las gemas que yo sepa.

Recuerdo cuando antes cada semana ten?amos ediciones nuevas estaba contenta pero tambi?n hab?a quejas de otros que les parecia innecesaria tener tantas y ya desde hace unos a?os a milagro sacan un par por a?o.

Estoy agradecida de que aun tenemos este juego activo al igual que otros aunque los eventos ya no sean tan variados como antes.

Natasha_07
05-17-20, 05:42 PM
I still need a couple more for the 5 collections, good luck to all of us still trying. :)

ankavale1000
05-17-20, 10:55 PM
Want to chime in.

I’ve read feedbacks in this thread and I agree overall with the repetitiveness recently with events. My thinking is that, due to the current situation, maybe Storm8 game designers are working independently at home and may even be short-staffed. No one knows, of course.

The Mini-LB, even though not entirely new in concept, IS a new feature with build-in Rocket rides for some players, allowing them to get a pet simply for spinning. I think that is a nice gesture, even if I’ve never gotten a ride (yes, I’ve complained a lot about being left out, but who doesn’t want a free pet lol). And with the Mini LB, we get 4 events a month, instead of 3, which I think is nice, too, since I’m one of those that complained some time back that regular LB is too long and wanted a shorter version. Now, I can pick and choose which LB I want to focus on.

Luck-based events are tough. Mining, juicer and studio are notoriously stingy on my farm. Day 10 has been infuriating ever since my very first Collection event. I remember working so hard to turn in over 100x and still failed to win the Carnival Pony years ago. These days, I treat Collection events as Deco collecting event, and I get super happy when there are really cute animated decorations and/or pretty paths!

As for difficulty level, I’m content with how things are right now. What I mean by that is this - I know Stormy can turn off the trading button for event items and I don’t want that to happen, ever again!

Winning every event has never been possible on my farm. I only play 2 games and Farm is one of them. I welcome new style of events and I will stick with the familiar until something different comes along. Familiar events are better than no events.

It’s hard to believe, but I really think Stormy IS listening.

Mitzi111
05-18-20, 02:38 AM
I just turned in 12 yarn balls and 2 scarves from the studio and NO flower. It takes 5 hours to make a yarn ball ! grrrrr So 60 hours of studio manufacture time is not enough to get a flower? I wasnt having trouble at first, but then the studio stopped giving flowers. Is there a tip on getting it to produce flowers????i

judyandthecat
05-18-20, 04:28 AM
I just turned in 12 yarn balls and 2 scarves from the studio and NO flower. It takes 5 hours to make a yarn ball ! grrrrr So 60 hours of studio manufacture time is not enough to get a flower? I wasnt having trouble at first, but then the studio stopped giving flowers. Is there a tip on getting it to produce flowers????i

Why are you making yarn balls when you can make a one hour scarf.
It is a random drop so increase your chances by making Scarves.

spring_peeper
05-18-20, 05:45 AM

I?m going to assume that the player had no luck with drops from scarves so is trying another item. I?ve done the same, nothing drops with a scarf so I?ll try anything else.

Natasha_07
05-18-20, 05:50 AM

Same I made a bunch of flowers yesterday and collected many this morning with no orchid in sight.

I'm currently making buttons now to switch up things, hopefully I might get a few orchids.

I still haven't gotten 5 of the last orchid and with only 1 day left I'm not sure I'll get the goal prize.

NElove6
05-18-20, 09:26 AM
Hi Judy,
You make good points but again with me it?s the constant repetition of the events. The challenges NEVER change.

dulcepaty
05-18-20, 09:31 AM
El premio es una flor mono que escasamente se ve, es muy peque?a. No vale tanto trabajo.

judyandthecat
05-18-20, 11:42 AM
I?m going to assume that the player had no luck with drops from scarves so is trying another item. I?ve done the same, nothing drops with a scarf so I?ll try anything else.

My point is it is a random drop. Game doesn't look and say oh Mitzi this took five hours to make.
5 yarn balls is
60 Scarves
I would rather take a chance that on 60 items I will get a couple of event items but that is how I play.

judyandthecat
05-18-20, 11:54 AM
Hi Judy,
You make good points but again with me it?s the constant repetition of the events. The challenges NEVER change.

You are right too. Let's face it is easier to take an old event and just substitute new prizes.
But the county fair...it didn't work for Android players.
I don't mind repetition of old prizes sometimes because not everyone like ankalvale1000 and myself have played for over six years. Like her I only play one other game.
And I think it is nice for newer players to get chances at some of the old decorations that we won.
Like the first Halloween event the farm had with the marvellous haunted mansion that the bats fly around.
And my very favourite cat...the witch cat.
I used to love the format like when we had a new game for christmas and the background was all white.
But a couple of events ago we had some super nice prizes with the starfish and the shell opening and shutting with the pearl. But again I agree with ankalvale1000 that a lot of these designers are likely working from home right now.

Either way they have listened years ago if we had a hard to get item we didn't have a Boost building that could be used to make the item like we do now.

judyandthecat
05-18-20, 12:28 PM
It is important that everyone gives feedback because it does get read!

Moissonor
05-18-20, 12:51 PM

I have used Fawn Meadow. (Prairie pour faons in French)
(My Metagalactic Meteorite is full)

Moissonor
05-18-20, 01:00 PM
Are these Orchids Looking at me ? Remark

The Monkey Faced Orchid need energy. It is an anaemic flower.
Sorry

TwixAndScones
05-18-20, 07:21 PM
Anyway. I just turned in my 3rd round of my collection, and got a Flower Crown sheep.

I haven't made a place for it yet, but here it is.

Though if I cannot finish in 6th in the leaderboard, I may just place it in front of the Diagram I won.

Though I still want the Fly trap in that area, so I really hope I can come out in 6th at the very least.

Anyway. I maybe able to turn in one more round soon, though it has been very hard for me to get the Deep Fryer, and Sugar spinner orchid. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to

Plus, the Bakery, too. It has been very hard collecting anything from them.

Natasha_07
05-18-20, 11:08 PM
Well the buttons didn't pan out for me as I didn't get a single orchid, I need to get 2 more of those orchids so I'll try making something else.

I'm worried with less than a day left. :(

Mitzi111
05-19-20, 04:11 AM

judyandrhe cat.... I started creating studio items early on in this event just in case the studio was going to be used. I figured if the studio wasnt part of this event, then I would just have things to sell that would bring bigger $$ . So when the event named studio as next collection, I had lots of yarn balls! But began making scarves and lotion (1 hr items) as soon as we knew that the studio was part of the event.

NElove6
05-19-20, 06:19 AM
The repetition of the events is not Covid 19 related. It’s been like this for over a year. From reading all this feedback, it seems we long time players are the most frustrated with this. I like games that make me think and are fresh. It’s so sad that after all these years, I am getting bored with Farm Story 2.
The Halloween fences on the spinner made me chuckle. I’ve heard of Christmas in July but not Halloween in May ��. Also prizes always include the old expansion permits. Some of us are way beyond those and they are useless.

Natasha_07
05-19-20, 08:14 AM
It is important that everyone gives feedback because it does get read!

Hi Judy! Is it possible the devs can increase the monkey orchid size ? It's way too tiny, thanks.

praphulladp
05-19-20, 12:51 PM
Guys whole day no flowers from studio!!!! In this way we all will get frustrated!!!!

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 02:03 PM
Hi Judy! Is it possible the devs can increase the monkey orchid size ? It's way too tiny, thanks.

I put your post in bugs and issues seconding your request!

nagmad
05-19-20, 04:48 PM
Guys whole day no flowers from studio!!!! In this way we all will get frustrated!!!!

I havnt commented for a while, I really didn’t see the point, and once again there is no point but to vent my frustration.
I have had the studio going none stop, I have tried collecting 1 at a time, and leaving a bunch of crafts to collect together and 2 flowers is it, with nothing in the last at least 18hrs, I get it’s a game but how can we even a fair go with odds like that. Frustrated is an understatement. It’s a bit of a joke. Congrats to everyone that is going well but I can tell you it sucks when you put the work in and get nothing back

Heymichx
05-19-20, 04:54 PM
I’ve not had a flowering mantis today, only a coin dropping one. None of the good collections came my way just repetitive common ones.
I also can’t find the Gazebo this slime thing is meant to live in either - any ideas welcomed, it’s the 4th goal completion animal needing one.

Put a downer in getting to level 89 today, always a downer with this type of challenge. I’ve never rated the app because I would rant but why would you spend money on it when it doesn’t let you win anyway - yes tried that in the past too.

TwixAndScones
05-19-20, 05:07 PM
The Sugar Spinner orchid is being stubborn today :(

I've made over 10 pieces of cotton candy today, and no round of it has dropped a sugar spinner orchid :(...

Anyway. At least I got 3 decently cool item decoration.

But I will at least get the Flytrap, which makes me feel a bit better? Or at least hopefully so. Plus, I finally completed my butterfly collection, and got a butterfly topiary. Which looks nice! :) so if nothing else, that!

Do these events happen frequently, and how so/often?

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 05:22 PM
The Sugar Spinner orchid is being stubborn today :(

I've made over 10 pieces of cotton candy today, and no round of it has dropped a sugar spinner orchid :(...

Anyway. At least I got 3 decently cool item decoration.

But I will at least get the Flytrap, which makes me feel a bit better? Or at least hopefully so. Plus, I finally completed my butterfly collection, and got a butterfly topiary. Which looks nice! :) so if nothing else, that!

Do these events happen frequently, and how so/often?

Another event will start at 5:30 pm eastern daylight savings time tomorrow!

judyandthecat
05-19-20, 05:24 PM
I’ve not had a flowering mantis today, only a coin dropping one. None of the good collections came my way just repetitive common ones.
I also can’t find the Gazebo this slime thing is meant to live in either - any ideas welcomed, it’s the 4th goal completion animal needing one.

Put a downer in getting to level 89 today, always a downer with this type of challenge. I’ve never rated the app because I would rant but why would you spend money on it when it doesn’t let you win anyway - yes tried that in the past too.

The Mantis lives in the wildlife den or the Crawlers Hollow.

If you hit the information button on the pet when in storage it names the habitats.

The Gazebo is for sale in the Market.

The Slime lives in the Fawn Meadow or the Metagalactic Meteorite

Mitzi111
05-19-20, 06:03 PM
sniff,sniff I'm sad. I really liked that mantis, but didn't get one. Game is over for me and I turned in 15 collections! wow, that is the most ever for me. but no praying mantis. insert frowny face here

JustKay
05-20-20, 03:09 AM
I was lucky enough to get the mantis on my first collection, but I ended up putting in about 12 collections by then end of it. At first I wasn?t interested in this pet but after seeing it?s twin around my farm dropping orchids, it started growing on me. It?s not as cool as the hummingbird, but it?s still a pretty unique design

KojiMama
05-20-20, 03:40 AM
So I got the second place bird prize and it says I need a rescue pen or bird tree. Rescue pen is maxed out and we’re only allowed two even though lots of pets can go there. Can’t find a bird tree. Turned iPad off and on just in case still no bird tree. Where is the bird tree?

PookieBear50
05-20-20, 05:24 AM
So I got the second place bird prize and it says I need a rescue pen or bird tree. Rescue pen is maxed out and we’re only allowed two even though lots of pets can go there. Can’t find a bird tree. Turned iPad off and on just in case still no bird tree. Where is the bird tree?

The Bird Tree is a habitat from a previous event. It is a tree with green leaves and a swing. It looks almost exactly like the Lovebird Tree, except the colors are different. Perhaps it is buried deep inside your Cellar? If not, please let judyandthecat know.