PDA

View Full Version : What happens at the Eleven Outpost...

robotparade
03-11-20, 04:10 AM
...STAYS at the Elven outpost.

This is how I imagine my character negotiating with the elves at the Outpost:

Elves: "Hi, we could really use some golden nuggets today. Can you help us out?"
Me: "Okay, are you going to give me gold runes in exchange?"
Elves: "Sure, maybe."
Me: "Well, I really need to know upfront. Are you going to give me gold runes?"
Elves: "Yep, it could definitely possibly happen that you will get gold runes in exchange."
Me: "Look, gold nuggets are really hard to come by. If I am going to just give some away, I really need to know I am getting gold in exchange for them."
Elves: "We're not telling you until after the trade what you are getting."
Me: "Why would I trade with you when you won't even tell me what I am trading for?"
Elves: "We could really use some golden nuggets today. Can you help us out?"."

meme1098
03-11-20, 06:38 AM
I love this 🤣.

Exactly how it'd go if they'd be conversing with us. Thanks for a good laugh this morning.

CelineDragoness
03-12-20, 03:58 AM
Lol, priceless and so true! Lately I started to ignore the elven outpost, cause their demands are more then I can bear. Today 18 lumin essence. Yeah right and all of that for 8 coppers:-).

lizlosh1976
03-12-20, 10:48 AM
Brilliant! Spot on!

robotparade
03-13-20, 07:33 AM
Lately I started to ignore the elven outpost, cause their demands are more then I can bear. Today 18 lumin essence. Yeah right and all of that for 8 coppers:-).

Yes, this! I am no longer trading with them unless they are asking for something that it is really easy for me to replenish, like stones or petals.

SofiaDeo
03-13-20, 01:26 PM
Lol i had one the other day that wanted -42- gold nuggets!

shortdanzr
03-13-20, 01:52 PM
i kind of like it when they ask for something so ridiculous like 42 nuggets because then it is a no brainer that i am going to refuse. but when it is something questionable=thats harder

UnkelFester
03-13-20, 02:58 PM
Another thing that annoys me about the Elven Outpost is when the elves repeatedly ask for the same item two or three trades in a row.

An example of this is pink shells. They are not valuable, but they are quite hard to build a decent amount up in your inventory, just collecting them from the Tidegate and Bubbles the Marmosea.

I was asked for 60 pink shells in the first trade which I quite happily let them have, but it totally cleared me out of them. The very next trade the elves asked for 41 more Pink Shells! No way would I be able to deliver those, so that pesky bird had to sit on her perch for 18 hours, no way will I waste gems by refreshing a request from the greedy elves!

I now have Feanor lurking near the Elven Outpost taking potshots at Nadina, hopefully that will make the requests more sensible...

shortdanzr
03-13-20, 04:18 PM
I now have Feanor lurking near the Elven Outpost taking potshots at Nadina, hopefully that will make the requests more sensible...

that is fantastic!

SofiaDeo
03-14-20, 12:07 PM
Ahhhhh hahaha love the idea of Feanor potshotting Nadina! Man, I m tempted to get him just to do this! Lololol

CelineDragoness
03-16-20, 01:13 AM
I now have Feanor lurking near the Elven Outpost taking potshots at Nadina, hopefully that will make the requests more sensible...[/QUOTE]

Lol, Feanor is more usefull then I thought. Immediately placed one near the Elven Outpost. With the current demand I expect Nadina will have a pretty hard time from Feanor :-)

LemracCafe
12-17-22, 08:25 AM
I had the elves asking for coal 3 trades in a row 75,75,75. Don't know where I'm hiding a hoard of coal they want but I must have hidden it somewhere. Then today they wanted 68 pink shells. I only have 48 and there's absolutely no way I'm paying 872 gems just to get 6 bronze runes. I have, on occasion trades lower amounts of golden eggs or golden apples, they seem less scarce or in demand than nuggets.

Wouldn't it be great if they could look at inventory and ask for all those left over past event materials? I really don't like that we can't move the Nadine's roost. Frustrating, so I'll just have to redecorate as that corner of my Queendom is getting a bit crowded. (Even the Unicorn in my kitchen and the Fairy in my bedroom agree)

But for now they'll just have to make do with what I have readily available.

JD_Lindsey
04-18-23, 07:04 PM
I finally got tired of the shady Elven Trades so I put Adamir on a hunger strike and Nadina on a rotisserie.

LemracCafe
04-20-23, 02:58 AM
I’ve been saying for ages that it would be great if the elves asked for useless materials left over from events, and finally it happened. BUT, now they want 6-7 off some items I only have 1 left over. To do the current trade with gems will cost me 600. From 1 ridiculous situation to an even worse one. Are we in Alice’s through the looking glass. I can’t collect or make the items they are requesting and I’m not spending gems for different selections. It was already hard enough to get gold runes, now it will be impossible if this keeps happening.

I use the boosts from the trades often and looks like I’ll have to be more careful how I use them too. Not a happy camper on this trade.

SpiritWind00
04-20-23, 05:39 AM
Never seen anything like that trade! How odd! Remember way back I mentioned there may be a possibility that goblin story items might make an appearance? Maybe they're about to come into play? I don't even recognise half of the items in the picture. Sorry that you got that trade...

doodlebug8
04-21-23, 09:22 AM
The same thing has happened to my Outpost. My Workshops have the Eleven craft feather hovering over them to let me know that's where I can make the missing ale. However when I scroll through the Workshop, the craft doesn't exist. I think someone missed a step, but it would have been a cool idea to get the overstock out of our inventories.

ShibuyaCloth
04-21-23, 12:07 PM
All those items are only accessible when the A Little Gnomish (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113534) arc is done or at least well advanced in part 3 (unless part 4 items appear). You can still craft them after your have fully closed the arc.

jtm101
04-21-23, 07:59 PM
All those items are only accessible when the A Little Gnomish (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?113534) arc is done or at least well advanced in part 3 (unless part 4 items appear). You can still craft them after your have fully closed the arc.

I am stuck needing Gnomish parts too.
All crafts disappeared after completing the Little Gnomish storyline. I can no longer craft any items in the Gnomish Forge.

ShibuyaCloth
04-22-23, 04:30 AM
I am stuck needing Gnomish parts too.
All crafts disappeared after completing the Little Gnomish storyline. I can no longer craft any items in the Gnomish Forge.

I continued crafting in the other places like Magic Forge, Workshop, Kitchen, or Potion Shop. Also the Abandoned Mine is a good provided our raw resources. Yes the forge runs dry, but not the other places.

Maybe the forges should be reactivated to enable to consume all the materials the are pilling up. This will enable some more trading.

jtm101
04-22-23, 07:25 AM
The elves wanted 7 Mine Beams (i only had 1 in storage) which can only be made in the Gnomish Forge.
If only it didn’t ask for the beam, i was maxed on everything else they asked for

LemracCafe
04-22-23, 11:53 AM
Maybe the forges should be reactivated to enable to consume all the materials the are pilling up. This will enable some more trading.

Or better still adjust the code so that they can’t ask for more leftovers than are in inventory? That way inventory can be slowly, emptied of all those never used again items.

ShibuyaCloth
04-22-23, 12:50 PM
Or better still adjust the code so that they can’t ask for more leftovers than are in inventory? That way inventory can be slowly, emptied of all those never used again items.

Dear Inventory

You have my compassion, and I can fully engage myself and tell you that you will not suffer from drains that cannot be recovered by any natural mean!

Yours
SC the Hoarder! :love_heart:

Nope not gonna happen :) I love my >1500 pages of dust easting gizmos! :D

daddyoooz
04-22-23, 03:03 PM
Would have been nice (and smart coding) to have the elven trades take some of my 10,000 paths, walls and gates accumulated from monster hunts.

SpiritWind00
04-22-23, 07:13 PM
Now we have 4 threads about the issue with trades. Given this thread has gone off topic I'm closing it now. The bug thread is here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?115171-No-crafts-in-Gnomish-Forge