PDA

View Full Version : What would be your dream job?

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:40 PM
Final poll for now: what would be your dream job? I'm not quite sure what mine would be...I'd like to know yours though! Please answer this and leave a comment to say why. Also, please vote on my other off-topic poll threads. Thanks and enjoy!

Apologies to Mogwai4111 for the 'misunderstanding' on a different thread. No more said about that please. Thank you.

This poll will be open indefinitely.

~Happy Easter:::Good Friday~

lesleypsg1
04-21-11, 05:47 PM
I'm living the dream :)

Ok, not quite accurate ....in 9 years I'll be living the dream with the perfect job. It's called retirement. My career goal is reaching it!

sehana
04-21-11, 05:49 PM
Successful programmer :p that way I can contribute to games like these... is that sucking up LOL...
Seriously, I've had an interest in programming for a long time... to be a game developer is my dream job.

But my other dream jobs is software or hardware design and development.

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:49 PM
I chose to be in a court of law eventually. I'd like to be a barrister. You get paid a lot to argue. I like arguing, especially when I win, which is often (8

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:50 PM
I'm living the dream :)

Ok, not quite accurate ....in 9 years I'll be living the dream with the perfect job. It's called retirement. My career goal is reaching it!

Oh, that's going to be my favourite! I just know it! I'll wake the whole house up with my laughter!!!

sophiacml
04-21-11, 05:50 PM
Unemployed! Well, you don't have the half-half. I always work for half year & off for half year to enjoy my life.

lesleypsg1
04-21-11, 05:51 PM
Your poll leaves out those of us already working  at our chosen dream careers.

There's an old thread here somewhere where you will see that there are a lot of us foggies playing the games

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:52 PM
Successful programmer :p that way I can contribute to games like these... is that sucking up LOL...
Seriously, I've had an interest in programming for a long time... to be a game developer is my dream job.

But my other dream jobs is software or hardware design and development.

I think you'd improve them a lot. It's not particularly sucking up, no. Maybe TL would take you on as an apprentice for being such a dedicated customer. You never know!

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:54 PM
Your poll leaves out those of us already working  at our chosen dream careers.

There's an old thread here somewhere where you will see that there are a lot of us foggies playing the games

Hahaha! I know that it's not just young people. However, a lot of people with jobs don't necessarily have their dream one. If you do, you're lucky. What is it?

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:55 PM
Unemployed! Well, you don't have the half-half. I always work for half year & off for half year to enjoy my life.

Well, you can only have up to 10. I suppose that would be 'other'. That sounds a good plan. Thanks for that comment, it's the sort that I want on these threads!

lesleypsg1
04-21-11, 05:56 PM
Investigations 

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:56 PM
Hey! Everyone. You're leaving great comments, but please actually vote on the poll!

Rachael98
04-21-11, 05:57 PM
Investigations 

Police investigations or what???

sehana
04-21-11, 05:58 PM
I think you'd improve them a lot. It's not particularly sucking up, no. Maybe TL would take you on as an apprentice for being such a dedicated customer. You never know!

aww, thanks :) lol. I'm still tryin to get my Bachelors, and i'm almost hitting 30's in a few years, so it's gonna be a struggle and fight with the younger devs who have their degree.

lesleypsg1
04-21-11, 05:58 PM
Hey! Everyone. You're leaving great comments, but please actually vote on the poll!

I would but I can't lol....well ok, I'll vote other for dreaming of making it to retirement.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate...happy weekend to all else



Rachael98
04-21-11, 06:00 PM
Thanks all.

lesleypsg1
04-21-11, 06:01 PM
Police investigations or what???

More specific law enforcement. I investigate and initiate prosecution of fraud against the government.

Maybe I'll see you around when you get your dream job.... Good luck and study hard!

Rachael98
04-21-11, 06:02 PM
aww, thanks :) lol. I'm still tryin to get my Bachelors, and i'm almost hitting 30's in a few years, so it's gonna be a struggle and fight with the younger devs who have their degree.

...you'll do fine. Anyway, as I say, if you get experience with TL who should be nice to you, a devoted customer, then get that on your CV. They won't have that!

Rachael98
04-21-11, 06:02 PM
More specific law enforcement. I investigate and initiate prosecution of fraud against the government.

Maybe I'll see you around when you get your dream job.... Good luck and study hard!

Thank you very much!:)

Rachael98
04-21-11, 06:03 PM

Hang on, fraud!? How about TeamLava's mysteriously vanishing gems???

Rachael98
04-21-11, 06:09 PM
Thanks everyone. :p

Mogwai4111
04-21-11, 06:52 PM
My dream job is to be a programmer for TeamLava. Currently going to DigiPen in Washington (a school for video game design)

ahshan
04-21-11, 06:56 PM
Programmer at Google, Author, or Motivational speaker on Youtube.

Rachael98
04-22-11, 01:00 AM
Wow! A lot of budding proggrammers! Good luck everyone!

cityerror
04-22-11, 01:34 PM
Either a photographer or photo journalist :D

clojo0
04-22-11, 01:45 PM
I'd like to teach younger kids, or if I got the chance, act on tv programmes

Rachael98
04-22-11, 01:48 PM
I'd like to teach younger kids, or if I got the chance, act on tv programmes

I'd enjoy either of those, I think. Thanks.

Happy Easter:::Good Friday.

Hello288
04-22-11, 06:45 PM
I would love to be a designer because I have some games in mind I would like to create as an app for the Smartphones.

Hello288
04-22-11, 06:48 PM
I would love to be a designer because I have some games in mind I would like to create as an app for the Smartphones.

I also want to be a Team Lava game programmer.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 08:12 AM
I also want to be a Team Lava game programmer.

We all seem to like TeamLava and programming. I suppose that's understandable: we like TeamLava enough to join their forums and we like games. On top of that, it's a pretty good and, I suppose, fairly fun job.

jace888
04-24-11, 09:09 AM
I'm already an accountant :)

On another note, professional driver wouldn't be too bad. I have done quite a few different driver training programs with my cars and wouldn't mind it but I suppose it could get tiring/exhausting.

Rachael98
04-24-11, 02:42 PM

On another note, professional driver wouldn't be too bad. I have done quite a few different driver training programs with my cars and wouldn't mind it but I suppose it could get tiring/exhausting.

...and perhaps a bit boring after a while.

jace888
04-25-11, 06:00 AM
I guess because it's just a hobby for me, track racing and driver training is still enjoyable (and a bit of a workout)... if it was my day job I probably wouldn't enjoy it so much.

Rachael98
04-25-11, 12:52 PM
I guess because it's just a hobby for me, track racing and driver training is still enjoyable (and a bit of a workout)... if it was my day job I probably wouldn't enjoy it so much.

Exactly. I love track racing etc., but if I was eg. a lorry driver, the Motorway queues would become even more unbearable than usual. Saying that, I wouldn't mind working for the Motorway Police. That's very boring, but I reckon that I'd enjoy it for the tiny amount of excitement you get about once every week.

jace888
04-25-11, 06:03 PM
Funnily enough my family owns/runs a small lorry driving business so I've had my share of that.

Rachael98
04-26-11, 08:07 AM
Funnily enough my family owns/runs a small lorry driving business so I've had my share of that.

Did you enjoy it? I suppose it's novel for a bit!

Donnahh
05-20-11, 03:25 AM
I have my dream job right now (hence the lack of posting for the last month)

Payroll Officer at a mining construction and fabrication company. I get to use a computer all day (WHEE!) and I'm learning interesting things like EBA policies and mine rules etc ... and Quickbooks.

I'm quite content :)

greygull
05-20-11, 04:10 PM
I'm going with other. Absolute dream job (that will most likely never happen) - work for Kevin Smith. Realistic dream job - ultrasound tech. Hopefully will be starting school in the fall!

GroupMagma
05-20-11, 04:36 PM
I'm going with other. Absolute dream job (that will most likely never happen) - work for Kevin Smith. Realistic dream job - ultrasound tech. Hopefully will be starting school in the fall!

Well, he says he's retiring from directing after his next movie, so get a move on. :cool:

My dream job is to work in the video game industry... and I do! </high fives self> :D

greygull
05-22-11, 10:46 PM
Well, he says he's retiring from directing after his next movie, so get a move on. :cool:

My dream job is to work in the video game industry... and I do! </high fives self> :D

He's said that a few times now! Still love him anyway! And good for you!

Rachael98
05-23-11, 09:59 AM

Haha! I didn't notice my thread getting so much attention. You do well in the video games industry too. But I'd still like Lava drinks in RS even if we can't call it anything alcoholic because of age restrictions. But this isn't the place. It's meant to be O-T.

sterlingempire
06-09-11, 03:24 PM
I chose to be in a court of law eventually. I'd like to be a barrister. You get paid a lot to argue. I like arguing, especially when I win, which is often (8

haha... me too

Phthon
06-09-11, 03:28 PM
I already am in the design business...I am a graphic designer. When I was just out of college I worked as an animator for a computer game company.

Rachael98
06-12-11, 03:16 PM
We definately seem to revolve around gaming a lot:D

sissy8
06-12-11, 03:35 PM
oke my dreamjob is tourleader, and that is what i do, next to other jobs, I love to see the world, so I can really say that taj mahal in CS doesn't look well and i would love an african story;)

Rachael98
06-12-11, 03:37 PM
oke my dreamjob is tourleader, and that is what i do, next to other jobs, I love to see the world, so I can really say that taj mahal in CS doesn't look well and i would love an african story;)

Hmmm...how about a Story for each continent?:D

CafeNatasha
06-12-11, 05:23 PM
I Would be A Teacher! I love children! Maybe like Kindergarten or First Grade! My Daughter is 2 and a half and she is sooo smart I love Teaching her new things! She already knows her alphabet and can count to 20 or to A 100 by 10's lol....

cwmw
06-14-11, 04:38 AM
District Attorney :) Working hard to reach that goal right now

hippoberry
06-14-11, 06:53 PM
I'm currently a baker. Graduated from culinary school last year !

BUT, I'd love to just get by on drawing and painting. :P

Rachael98
06-18-11, 03:25 PM
I Would be A Teacher! I love children! Maybe like Kindergarten or First Grade! My Daughter is 2 and a half and she is sooo smart I love Teaching her new things! She already knows her alphabet and can count to 20 or to A 100 by 10's lol....

Wow...when I was that age...ooh...my brain (if I have one which is debatable...) is crunching to try and remember:p

Rachael98
06-18-11, 03:26 PM
I'm currently a baker. Graduated from culinary school last year !

BUT, I'd love to just get by on drawing and painting. :P

I thought you were a hippo:p? Lol. So, do you like BS or is it too much like work?

DSN_Bakery
06-18-11, 04:51 PM
I Really Want to Work for My #1 Favoritest Music Group in the World, ORANGE RANGE (ORENJI RENJI) :D

hippoberry
06-18-11, 06:50 PM
I thought you were a hippo:p? Lol. So, do you like BS or is it too much like work?

I'm usually a hippo, except on Fridays.Then I actually have to MAKE the food I eat !

Bakery Story was what drew me into teamlava games to begin with. As much as I bake for a living, its still fun to design a bakery however you please, control what kinds of cute cartoon pastries go out and watching your little customers eat up !

Funny thing happened to me recently: I was at work, making a red velvet cake for a customer, and I had to stop halfway while icing it and turn around, flip open my phone and put out my Bakery Story red velvet cakes that were done. Then went back to finishing up my actual red velvet cake. I didn't even plan it that way, lol.

cwmw
06-19-11, 02:12 AM

I used to think that way... until i got into law school and found out most of the stuff you watch on tv is fake :(

xSnowyOwlx
06-23-11, 11:53 AM
My dream job: Architectural Draftsman and Designer

Rachael98
06-23-11, 01:59 PM
I used to think that way... until i got into law school and found out most of the stuff you watch on tv is fake :(

I know that the TV stuff is fake;)!

Rachael98
06-23-11, 02:01 PM
I'm usually a hippo, except on Fridays.Then I actually have to MAKE the food I eat !

Bakery Story was what drew me into teamlava games to begin with. As much as I bake for a living, its still fun to design a bakery however you please, control what kinds of cute cartoon pastries go out and watching your little customers eat up !

Funny thing happened to me recently: I was at work, making a red velvet cake for a customer, and I had to stop halfway while icing it and turn around, flip open my phone and put out my Bakery Story red velvet cakes that were done. Then went back to finishing up my actual red velvet cake. I didn't even plan it that way, lol.

Great story!
Do Hippos need livings? If you're only a human (I assume that as a non-hippo, you're a human, correct me if not) on Fridays, surely a living is useless?

kinzlee
06-28-11, 09:51 AM
I want to work with animals

hippoberry
06-28-11, 09:55 AM
No, we just find a rich animal trainer and live our days out in a short and unaccomplished blaze of glory !

I want to work with animals

Trust me, whatever field you go in, you'll always work with animals ;)

xokay
06-28-11, 10:12 AM
I'm going to school for Visual Arts/Graphic Design. Was in University for two years studying English and though I love English, HATED the program and school. Yay for new schools doing what you love. :)

Rachael98
06-28-11, 12:55 PM
I'm going to school for Visual Arts/Graphic Design. Was in University for two years studying English and though I love English, HATED the program and school. Yay for new schools doing what you love. :)

Hear hear!:)

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 05:49 AM

How about that, I have your dream job. PM me if you ever need advice or anything.

Hey, I've had your dream job too. I did graphic design for the city zoo while studying architecture.

I also worked at an accounting firm while going to college. Not my favorite job, especially during tax season. The firm was too small for the number of clients it had so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

xokay
06-29-11, 05:58 AM
How about that, I have your dream job. PM me if you ever need advice or anything.

Hey, I've had your dream job too. I did graphic design for the city zoo while studying architecture.

Did you enjoy it? I love everything artistic. :)

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 06:06 AM
Did you enjoy it? I love everything artistic. :)

It was great, probably my favorite job, really hard to make a career of it though. If you're not already interning as a graphic designer start looking in to that ASAP.

xokay
06-29-11, 06:09 AM
It was great, probably my favorite job, really hard to make a career of it though. If you're not already interning as a graphic designer start looking in to that ASAP.

I've got a job lined up for after I'm done. :)

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 06:12 AM
I've got a job lined up for after I'm done. :)

Congrats, can't beat that.

Rachael98
06-29-11, 04:18 PM
Mog, are there any jobs you haven't done:confused:?:p

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 04:31 PM
Mog, are there any jobs you haven't done:confused:?:p

Nope. I'm a regular jack of all trades, master of none, even interned at Disneyworld for a semester. Assistant coached a youth basketball team in Italy for a semester, and refereed YMCA (little league here in the US) football and basketball for a semester.

Try everything once, I say. Dang.. now I'm probably starting to sound old but I'm not really, I did all these while in school and only graduated a few years ago.

Rachael98
06-29-11, 04:33 PM
Nope. I'm a regular jack of all trades, master of none, even interned at Disneyworld for a semester. Assistant coached a youth basketball team in Italy for a semester, and refereed YMCA (little league here in the US) football and basketball for a semester.

Try everything once, I say. Dang.. now I'm probably starting to sound old but I'm not really, I did all these while in school and only graduated a few years ago.

No, you don't come across as ancient (or old, never fear). How does a
Circus Midget do so much?

Mogwai4111
06-29-11, 04:37 PM
No, you don't come across as ancient (or old, never fear). How does a do so much?

A strong strong sense of curiosity has always been my motivation. With that anybody can do anything.

okkimputer
07-01-11, 01:50 PM
I chose healthcare, though emergency healthcare is a close second. I want to be a healthcare provider (nurse practitioner) and health educator for impoverished communities here in America, and in developing nations. Ideally, I would travel a LOT. This is my calling; the best way to mix my passion with a salary. :p There are academic reasons for it too... I tend to tell people about basic sociological concepts concerning health and healthcare inequality, if they really want the random lesson! :p

Rachael98
07-02-11, 06:04 AM
I chose healthcare, though emergency healthcare is a close second. I want to be a healthcare provider (nurse practitioner) and health educator for impoverished communities here in America, and in developing nations. Ideally, I would travel a LOT. This is my calling; the best way to mix my passion with a salary. :p There are academic reasons for it too... I tend to tell people about basic sociological concepts concerning health and healthcare inequality, if they really want the random lesson! :p

That's a nice way to put it. OK, random lesson time;).

cityerror
07-06-11, 01:44 PM
man.. have I posted in this before..? Idunno but XD there are so many things, one of them being an air pilot!

yogurtjunkie303
07-08-11, 10:58 AM

I'm going to school for Visual Arts/Graphic Design.

Lol I'm currently working as both.

crbirdie
07-10-11, 06:48 PM
when I was young (like elementary) I always wanted to be a professional dirt bike racer

I knew that wasn't going to happen though

P.s. I am a girl

crbirdie
07-10-11, 06:49 PM
]when I was young (like elementary) I always wanted to be a professional dirt bike racer

I knew that wasn't going to happen though

P.s. I am a girl

Now I figure I will go to college and study to be a baker

LanokaHarbor
07-13-11, 12:47 AM
I want to drive....either NASCAR or Formula One.

God I have a lead foot and love the feel to racing.

crbirdie
08-16-11, 03:23 PM
I kinda want to be a photographer but I am not very good

Here's a pic I took
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rcfYgATxLO4/TfaEwdqYWLI/AAAAAAAAACs/yh16cMDha0U/s1600/MIAS%2BPIX2%2B011.jpg

bawpotter
08-17-11, 01:52 PM
Hotel Industry!

"Hotelies make the dough"

di1975
08-17-11, 08:40 PM
I have worked in one dream job, and am in another dream job....sometimes you have to fight to remember why is was a dream job. Medic and teacher.

My other, not one I've done, is a professional genealogist. I love history and people....connections and being a detective to figure things out.

rr9149
08-17-11, 11:01 PM
Fertility specialist. :) so i guess that goes with health care. Im fascinated by everything that goes on inside the body and how the smallest things can effect fertility good or bad.

crbirdie
08-19-11, 09:06 AM
Awesome!:):):)

sylvie4163
01-08-12, 02:13 AM
What job do you wish you had?
What do you wish your career was?

Just being my curious self (:~

sylvie4163
01-08-12, 02:14 AM
I am studying to be a Medical Examiner
I might move to Canada. Medical examiners get paid more there :p

starstar2
01-08-12, 08:10 AM
Teacher. So that I can share my knowledge to all.

quentinsmommy
01-08-12, 11:10 AM
Labor and delivery nurse or lactation consultant

jj486
01-08-12, 09:52 PM
work for teamlava,so that I can get a employee discount.hahaha

pinkster73
01-08-12, 10:35 PM
A stay at home Mom / domestic goddess / chef / maid / taxi driver / nurse / tutor / counselor / boss /professional organizer / etc

(I'm already doing my career of choice)

sezyseki
01-09-12, 12:41 AM
A chef/interior and out door decorator

Rachael98
01-09-12, 12:55 AM
I'd love to work on Storm8's Customer Service team as a User Relations Associate. As that's not really feasible, certainly for me, right now (I'm the wrong side of the Pond), I'll go with liking law:).

viviansmo
01-09-12, 07:08 AM
My dream job would be stay-at-home mom.

But my current job/career is fulfilling and I enjoy it. I work in HRIS, meaning I write reports and make dashboards and do some project management.

sylvie4163
01-09-12, 07:16 AM
A stay at home Mom / chef / maid / taxi driver / nurse / tutor / counselor / boss /professional organizer / etc

(I'm already doing my career of choice)
I'm the only goddess in this town :p ;)

pinkster73
01-09-12, 08:42 AM
I'm the only goddess in this town :p ;)

Good thing you're not in my town :p

Rachael98
01-09-12, 08:57 AM
I can feel the sparks flying;).

sylvie4163
01-09-12, 08:57 AM
Good thing you're not in my town :p

The whole world is my town. ;) :p

nicola_grant
01-09-12, 10:53 AM
I am feeling sad today, as if I was still in my previous job which I loved, I would have got to meet Richard Branson today! How cool would that have been?? Hahaha.

pinkster73
01-09-12, 11:16 AM
I am feeling sad today, as if I was still in my previous job which I loved, I would have got to meet Richard Branson today! How cool would that have been?? Hahaha.

Very cool? (Who's Richard Branson?)

pinkster73
01-09-12, 11:17 AM
The whole world is my town. ;) :p

I am the mayor of your town

nicola_grant
01-09-12, 11:49 AM
Very cool? (Who's Richard Branson?)

Haha! He is an English business tycoon... Started and owns the Virgin Group.

tatertotbug7199
01-21-12, 02:51 PM
I love the job I have right now as an author... :D

sylvie4163
01-21-12, 03:49 PM
Just noticed the thread was merged :p

Rachael98
01-21-12, 04:46 PM
Just noticed the thread was merged :p

Heheh...this one's a little old, no???:confused:

sylvie4163
01-21-12, 05:07 PM