PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Brick Toss 2020 February 27 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
02-27-20, 01:03 PM
15 Day Goal - Brick Toss
*Goal should end March 12, 2020*

Goal 1: Brick Toss
Buy 8 Big Brick Wall (16g to skip)

- Wallpaper

- $8,000 each
Buy 12 Pizzaria Tile (24g to skip)

- Floor Tiles

- $9,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Big Brick Oven Appliance* *Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: Piece of This Pizza!
Build 3 Big Brick Oven (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $35,000 each

- 28 Oven Kindling + 12 Quickstarter
Serve 15 Classic Thin Crust Pizza (15g to skip)

- Big Brick Oven

- 2 Hours
*Rewards: $2,650, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Delicious Deep Dish Pizza Recipe*

Goal 3: Deep Cuts
Serve 20 Delicious Deep Dish Pizza (40g to skip)

- Big Brick Oven

- 4 Hours
Buy 2 Italian Inspiration (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $22,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Perfect Pepperoni Recipe*

Goal 4: Slice and Dice
Serve 25 Perfect Pepperoni (63g to skip)

- Big Brick Oven

- 5 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor decoration (can't skip)

- Must be new purchase
*Rewards: $2,770, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Big Brick Stove Appliance*

Goal 5: Another Brick in the Stove
Build 3 Big Brick Stove (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $39,000 each

- 40 Pizza Timer + 32 Hot Wires
Serve 15 Caliente Calzone (23g to skip)

- Big Brick Stove

- 3 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - Simple Salad Recipe*

Goal 6: A Slice for All
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)

- Neighbors do not count
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)

- Tipping any other restaurant counts
Have 2 Big Brick Counter (4g to skip)

- $15,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Pizza Line Floor Deco*

Goal 7: Piece of the Pie
Serve 25 Simple Salad (88g to skip)

- Big Brick Stove

- 7 Hours
Have 1 Pizza Line (2g to skip)

- 2x1 Floor Deco

- $20,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - Poultry Parm Sub Recipe*

Goal 8: Cheesy Delight
Have 4 Pizzaria Table (8g to skip) *repeat name, new spelling*

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Pizzaria Seat (8g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Tremendous Toss Floor Deco*

Goal 9: Delivery at Home
Serve 12 Poultry Parm Sub (60g to skip)

- Big Brick Stove

- 10 Hours
Have 1 Tremendous Toss (2g to skip)

- 3x3 Floor Deco

- $32,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Pizza Party Floor Deco*

Final Goal Prize:
Pizza Party, 4x4, 65 Gems

SIDE GOAL:

*Side Goal Recipes have been moved to the BASIC OVEN for the duration of the goal*
*When finished with Side Goal, Recipes return to their original locations*

Pizza Pizzazz Part One:
Serve 14 Heart Pizza (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 3 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Serve 14 Cheese Pizza (35g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 4 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 14 Hi-Hat Pizza (20g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 5 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Rewards: $4,350, 121 xp

Pizza Pizzazz Part Two:
Serve 16 Heart Pizza (42g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 16 Cheese Pizza (53g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 16 Hi-Hat Pizza (25g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Rewards: $4,350, 121 xp

Pizza Pizzazz Part Three:
Serve 18 Heart Pizza (60g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 18 Cheese Pizza (70g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 18 Hi-Hat Pizza (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Rewards: $4,350, 121 xp, 1 Free Rose Garden Floor Deco

Final Side Goal Prize:
Rose Garden, 4x4, 24 Gem Value (Released June 24, 2015 as Rose Crate 1st Prize)

SIDE GOAL RECIPES:
*Note: Cheese Pizza has no image while on oven. This is not an issue, below is explanation from Mod:*

This is because its original appliance didn't feature any 'in the cooking stage' artwork for it. Its original appliance was a pizza oven which didn't have a proper "surface", so when cooking, the game just showed the appliance as is. Same for when it got finished cooking/got spoiled.
https://i.imgur.com/kpKN5DF.png
NEW GOAL ITEMS:
https://i.imgur.com/Xshg7iF.png
MAIN GOAL CARDS:
https://i.imgur.com/1QVd1Rw.png
https://i.imgur.com/bqpOj9D.png
https://i.imgur.com/3DJzxLR.png
SIDE GOAL CARDS:
https://i.imgur.com/6RdkM7O.png
March 05, 2020 --> 4 Day iOS Value Pack:

Noodle Poodles is a 2x2 Floor Deco, released March 19, 2014 as a Market Purchase for 29 Gems.
*Package also includes 15 of each part needed to build current goal appliances.*
https://i.imgur.com/ocmIBwD.png

annalimanada
02-27-20, 01:44 PM
Hi Hat pizza is on the drum oven, wich I don't have yet.
Do we really have to build other ovens next to the goal ovens?
I hope not! Otherwise I'm skipping this sidegoal because that would make it impossible to finish in time.

annalimanada
02-27-20, 01:48 PM
And were do I find the Cheese pizza?

What a mess :(

monchie0606
02-27-20, 01:49 PM
Hi-hat pizza & Cheese pizza is on the basic oven.

annalimanada
02-27-20, 01:52 PM
They're all on the basic oven now. Thank you!

02-27-20, 01:59 PM
When I put my cheese pizza on the oven to cook it looks like the oven has nothing on it. No food is showing on the oven

pixiegamer
02-27-20, 02:03 PM
When I put my cheese pizza on the oven to cook it looks like the oven has nothing on it. No food is showing on the oven

This is because its original appliance didn't feature any 'in the cooking stage' artwork for it. Its original appliance was a pizza oven which didn't have a proper "surface", so when cooking, the game just showed the appliance as is. Same for when it got finished cooking/got spoiled.

Man, what a mess... :(

twospoons
02-27-20, 02:11 PM
I mean, don't get me wrong, I love pizza and it's a good solid theme for this game, and I'm glad it's apparently real pizza and not french bread pizza this time. But did they have to give us another brick wall and black & white checkered floor? And the table isn't that far off from the earlier gingham table.

At least I will finally master the hi-hat pizza, which I hadn't yet! And I like the side goal prize!

TrainGrandma2
02-27-20, 02:14 PM
Hi Hat pizza is on the drum oven, wich I don't have yet.
Do we really have to build a ****load of other ovens next to the goal ovens?
I hope not! Otherwise I'm skipping this sidegoal because that would make it impossible to finish in time.

High Hat Pizza is in Basic/Easy Oven.

charaekin
02-27-20, 02:18 PM
I don’t mind the brick wall as much, at least it’s a little different. The checkered floor however is a senseless duplicate.

02-27-20, 03:14 PM
So how do you know when it is ready please?

mawmaw3
02-27-20, 03:25 PM
My cheese pizzas arent showing up as cooking on my ovens!

AnnirasSweets
02-27-20, 04:19 PM
My cheese pizzas arent showing up as cooking on my ovens!

This is not an issue but rather a quirk of the recipe. See either the Mod response in Post 7 or the Side Goal Recipe images in the 1st Post for the full explanation.

There are several things you could do to remind yourself to switch out the pizzas rather than relying on images:

- The game notifications (if enabled and working) will tell which recipe is ready and when.
- Set a recurring timer via device
- Have at least one other recipe (with the same cook time) on another appliance as a reminder to open the app at the appropriate intervals

Achundris91
02-27-20, 06:52 PM
I love Pizza, but I don't care for this Goal.. The only thing I like on this goal is The Pizza stoves/Food & the main And Side goal prize...

pixiegamer
02-27-20, 08:13 PM

The graphics to 'season' and 'serve' (Ingredient #3 and the Silver Cloche) will still be present above the appliance when the Cheese Pizza is ready to serve, same as all other recipes :) It's just the image of the recipe itself that doesn't show.

katequilter53
02-27-20, 08:50 PM

Man, what a mess... :(

So, will this be fixed or will we be producing ghost pizzas throughout the goal?

kimalena
02-27-20, 10:50 PM
Lol how can they make a mess of a simple goal in this day and age. I can see you will be inundated with questions on this goal. Brick wallpaper with big blob of pizza is YUK. I thought the gingham tables were pretty but if you put them together from certain angles they overlap. I do goals more for the challenge but the goal prize is no way worth 60/65 gems. The side goal prize is much better though. Thank you all on these forums for your endless time helping players out. Xx

pixiegamer
02-28-20, 12:03 AM
So, will this be fixed or will we be producing ghost pizzas throughout the goal?

It's... Not exactly a bug? As AnnirasSweets mentioned, it's more a quirk of the recipe, considering its original appliance.

"Fixing" it would entail entirely new artwork (or, more cost-effectively and somewhat faster, borrowed graphics from similar recipes) for its preparation, cooking, and ready-to-serve steps. However, because it will be moved back once the side goal ends, those steps would have to be made invisible again so it looks good again on its original appliance.

If it were a permanent change, then I definitely would've flagged this over and (hopefully) we would've gotten graphics for the steps mentioned above. Unfortunately, because it's only a short-term change (14 days maximum, as players finish the side goal at various intervals), it doesn't seem cost-effective to introduce graphics to the recipe, especially if they'd have to be removed anyway when the recipe returns to it's original appliance. So... you're probably gonna be dealing with ghost pizzas for until you finish the side goal or until it expires, whichever comes first.

My two cents: the devs should've avoided this situation entirely and gone with a different recipe that would've still made sense for the theme of this goal. Chicken Parm Pie comes to mind, and it's already on a basic appliance to boot.

EdiiLouise
02-28-20, 12:37 AM
The cheese pizza is annoying. It looks like I'm not cooking anything on my stoves. Has this recipe always been invisible?

jesslau9
02-28-20, 02:22 AM
Regarding the Cheese Pizza, I'm also not getting a picture/graphic while it's cooking/ready.
it's as though there's no food on my oven... does it make sense?

What's going on

pixiegamer
02-28-20, 02:28 AM
The cheese pizza is annoying. It looks like I'm not cooking anything on my stoves. Has this recipe always been invisible?

Regarding the Cheese Pizza, I'm also not getting a picture/graphic while it's cooking/ready.
it's as though there's no food on my oven... does it make sense?

What's going on

This question has been answered here, earlier on this thread:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?110477-GOAL-Brick-Toss-2020-February-27-(15-Days)&p=1612904&viewfull=1#post1612904

Mod Note: please read through previous posts before posting to see if your question may have already been asked/answered. It helps keep the thread open for more discussion topics. Further posts asking this same question will be moderated to keep the thread on track.

herba6955
02-28-20, 02:22 PM
Magic pizza

TwixAndScones
02-28-20, 04:21 PM
This is why I shouldn't take a break or more within the forums especially if a goal is about to end!

I already have the older pizza goal items on my other bakery, so I may try to invite all of my decoys there and actually try to do this goal in particular.

I don't care much for the side goal prize, so I'm not probably going to try to do it - but for the rest, I most likely will.

Because now since we have more pizza items, I can make a better looking pizzeria place.

If I have to, just to collect all prizes and cannot finish within time frame - I definitely will speed it up with iTunes money and convert it to gems.

however my most favourite item within this new goal is definitely the Italian inspiration of a flag - but I wish (as an Italian myself) people would stop heavily implying that pizza is the only Italian food or use that most out of all Italian foods. Or when that it's only Italian based. I would actually argue that pizza is enjoyed more in American than it is in Italy.

Though that is enough of my rant, I just wished the Italian parts of this goal, the flag type thing, even the counter in a way, were used for something more heavily Italian influenced.

I maybe complaining but this is just I how I feel.

Though I don't mind the pizza items in particular, as now I can have a pizzeria place. But I'm definitely not going to use the more Italian parts for it (of this goal) at all in my soon to be pizzeria.

---

However, I'm hoping the prize for the value pack is good or decent. However I may unfortunately have to buy it (regardless of what is in it) just for the goal parts that come with it - this time.

I'm just hoping most that it's not 1x1 item (at the very least) to be fair and honest. Especially if we get a value pack with this goal.

Add ons of my own opinions.

I actually don't mind the wallpaper or the flooring even though we do already have a brick(s) type of wallpaper.

The new flooring actually matches with the black and white flooring we already have. Which is ok. It's only a bit brighter than that of it. That's my biggest complaint within the design choices. Though when I can get more coins to afford it a may do a little section with both of them Combined 54832

-- I actually like the new wallpaper from this goal. As it doesn't cost gems, and it actually matches the already pizza decorations I have more than the other wallpapers out there.

I'm going to pair up my designs when I get more within my DF restaurant and create a little pizzeria place, and maybe a kitchen place! This is so exciting for me since I haven't been happy with it for some time now.

TwixAndScones
02-28-20, 07:37 PM
Since I plan on doing a little kitchen area in my restaurant when it's all done.

I may place the Italian flag in it, to have it be an Italian kitchen. Even though the rest of the place will be pizza, the kitchen's main focus isn't exactly a pizzeria either,
And so I can display my Italian pride in some sense.

Regardless- I'm going to buy 3 extra "Pizza Party" decorations. And the Masala decoration since it has pizza themes within it, and it also has a person of colour within it! I'm happy about that.

Hopefully the newer decorations can also be with darker toned/coloured people.

I did, however, put the American flag within the more pizza- like area, even though I'm not American (though I'm in America at this current moment) as I want to place the Italian type flag in a different section, less pizza themed section. If that makes sense. And want to 2 to be separated.

I'm going to be happy when I can get it finished! My restaurant and the goal.

Soon to be
Kitchen area

I will have all 3 of the first ovens build by tomorrow, so maybe I won't need to buy a value pack (if there is 1) though I still feel like I may have to speed it up in the end though. But it happens!

Also nevermind About my post above- I found a better wall brick paper for the walls - that is for coins. I definitely like that one better and wished they would have something different for the walls.

Plus, we already have a table like the current one in this goal. Goal furniture is looking a bit underwhelming, the more and more I look at it. Though I'm definitely a fan of the current goal prizes offered. But nothing else.

slayer7000
02-28-20, 07:38 PM
How did they mess up such an easy theme :( besides the chairs and tables and counters there?s not much here... the final prize is alright, but uninspired. Same with the wall deco and other floor deco. Disappointment week after week with restaurant and bakery now :(

ophelialaughs
02-29-20, 04:24 AM
Which appliance was the cheese pizza originally on? I didn't get to master it before I finished the goal.

AnnirasSweets
02-29-20, 07:39 AM
Which appliance was the cheese pizza originally on? I didn't get to master it before I finished the goal.

It was originally released on the Wood Burning Oven.

For future reference, I include this information in the Side Goal Recipe image in the first post ;)

ophelialaughs
02-29-20, 08:23 AM
Thanks!

rezist69
03-01-20, 02:02 AM
Can i see my progress in Cheese Pizza? Line 12 day left close all my progress. I wont take my Gems for 2 and 4 level!

Ilovetodesign
03-01-20, 02:16 PM
I just finished the side goals & just tried to do the Hi-Hat Pizza but moved it so it took the money & then I watched a video trying to speed up cooking time but removed how many times I can watch videos.
Where do we find the 🍕Hi-Hat Pizza?
Thank you very much for all help,
Amy

Lilliepaddd
03-01-20, 06:45 PM
Is the cheese pizza from an existing appliance...I can't see progress either....thx..

Not adding

pixiegamer
03-01-20, 07:39 PM
I just finished the side goals & just tried to do the Hi-Hat Pizza but moved it so it took the money & then I watched a video trying to speed up cooking time but removed how many times I can watch videos.
Where do we find the ��Hi-Hat Pizza?
Thank you very much for all help,
Amy

The Hi-Hat Pizza was originally from the Drum Set Oven, and will return there once you have completed the Side Goal.

Is the cheese pizza from an existing appliance...I can't see progress either....thx..

The Cheese Pizza was originally from the Wood-Burning Oven (a goal appliance) and will return once you have completed the Side Goal.

Note about the progress bar: For iOS users, the progress bar will be blocked by a timer. However, progress will be measured normally, and you will still receive the proper level rewards (coins or gems) for achieving mastery levels on the recipe.

For Android users: the recipes will appear as normal on the Basic Oven (no border/timer), and will leave once the goal is finished.

MikeT2015
03-02-20, 09:05 AM
Has anybody else had the Cheese Pizza disappear after finishing the side goal ? It's no longer in the first spot for the basic oven

TwixAndScones
03-02-20, 09:15 AM
Has anybody else had the Cheese Pizza disappear after finishing the side goal ? It's no longer in the first spot for the basic oven

Yes - I'm previous posts about this, everyone has it disappear - if they've mentioned the cheese pizza.
And that's because it's on the wood burning oven now, after you've completed side goal.

While I didn't do the side goal, or am not going to, It's gone from me on the oven it was originally on. - however it will return to it's original oven after you complete the goal - or when the goal is over, if you didn't participate in the side goal.

It's a bit interesting on why S8 does this, but I'm not sure.

rezist69
03-02-20, 01:01 PM
I got awards for Cheese Pizza, but where are my rewards for Hi-Hat Pizza?

7700AnchorInn
03-02-20, 04:42 PM
Hi-hat pizza & Cheese pizza is on the basic oven.

I finished the side goal and the recipes disappeared from the basic oven. Wish they would have permitted me to finish cooking menu recipes until I could receive all the gems for each.

On a happier note, I will look at the other oven, maybe I can finish menu item there. Also, I appreciate being able to cook on other stoves to finish their menu recipes, while doing this Brick Toss current goals. Thank you!

7700AnchorInn
03-02-20, 04:50 PM
Yes I can finish on the Drum set, but I don't have acces to the wood burning oven.

pixiegamer
03-02-20, 11:58 PM
Yes I can finish on the Drum set, but I don't have acces to the wood burning oven.

The Wood Burning Oven was a goal appliance from a few years ago. You will only have access to it if you unlocked it at the time its goal was released.

FelicityRoe
03-03-20, 04:38 PM
Can someone upload pics of the food from the second goal pls. I dont think I'll finish past the first oven :(

twospoons
03-04-20, 07:45 AM
I actually kind of wish the irregular side goal food would revert to its original appliance (which it doesn't in android, or at least not for me). But only because I already owned all the appliances they came from.

AnnirasSweets
03-04-20, 08:24 PM
I actually kind of wish the irregular side goal food would revert to its original appliance (which it doesn't in android, or at least not for me). But only because I already owned all the appliances they came from.

You mean the recipes haven't returned after the goal is over? I know that when I don't participate in the Side Goal, the recipes won't return to their original homes until the goals end - on both my droid and my iOS. Those few times I do participate, they return as soon as I've completed the final step in the Side Goal. If your recipes aren't returning at all, then I'd say something is hinky.

TwixAndScones
03-05-20, 01:56 PM
Noodle Poodles is the value pack offer that I've also gone on Restaurant Story to see.

Noodle Poodles 2x2 item.

Don't worry, this restaurant I invited is one of my own.

I'm not going to lie, I was really holding out some hope with it being the Jazz Band.

24 gems for it, in my own opinion, I don't see worth it.

Then again, it's not an item I like all that much.

We all have different opinions regarding what's worth it and what's not. But unless I might really need to value pack, just for the tools that come with, I'm definitely not going to buy the value pack just because of the item.

TwixAndScones
03-07-20, 06:23 PM
I'm doing my current adding.

I will need over 25 moneys to finish this goal the most I've ever spent finishing a goal :(.... though I will still progress to at least make some costing less.

Though I did just purchase a 15 moneys iTunes card, but proved non valid? Strange. So that seems to be a loss for now...

Anyway. I'm still willingly going to speed it up, I just won't do any more for this month, unless another 15. As that would equal to 95 money, with the loss included. Without - 80 moneys.

Anyway. I'm hoping the Jazz band comes back, as that definitely will make me happier.

Ilovetodesign
03-09-20, 01:51 PM
I have just 1 more batch of Pizzas 🍕 to finish completely. Just 4 more & I have 4 of the Big Brick Stoves.
I already finished the side goals on March 1st.

TwixAndScones
03-11-20, 04:14 PM
Only one day left - though I'm heavily relying on the gems going on sale tomorrow - if not, I will not be able to speed up and finish the goal. :( so please gems, go on sale!

TwixAndScones
03-12-20, 02:14 AM
Only one day left - though I'm heavily relying on the gems going on sale tomorrow - if not, I will not be able to speed up and finish the goal. :( so please gems, go on sale!

Well, unfortunately I cannot finish - as the gems weren't on sale for me today. I think I should just stop caring about goals or goal prizes, because I seem to never be able to finish them or be able to get them in time. They're too hard for me to complete anymore :(

So much for the pizzeria I wanted. It's a goodbye now

twospoons
03-12-20, 07:51 AM
You mean the recipes haven't returned after the goal is over? I know that when I don't participate in the Side Goal, the recipes won't return to their original homes until the goals end - on both my droid and my iOS. Those few times I do participate, they return as soon as I've completed the final step in the Side Goal. If your recipes aren't returning at all, then I'd say something is hinky.

Yup--all the popcorns and the mummy & candy corn pizza are still on my basic oven, as is the current cheese pizza where I've finished the current side goal. So it's not a universal android thing?

Well, unfortunately I cannot finish - as the gems weren't on sale for me today. I think I should just stop caring about goals or goal prizes, because I seem to never be able to finish them or be able to get them in time. They're too hard for me to complete anymore :(

I had to give up in bakery. I don't think I've finished a main goal there in a year. It's so much less fun now. :-( Here at least I can usually finish--although today it's going to cost me 4 gems because my speed-up videos won't load!

AnnirasSweets
03-12-20, 08:03 AM
Yup--all the popcorns and the mummy & candy corn pizza are still on my basic oven, as is the current cheese pizza where I've finished the current side goal. So it's not a universal android thing?

No, definitely not an across the board issue... Well, the Halloween recipes/popcorns are meant to be listed in the Basic appliances so they don't count. It's only been very recent (I think since the Christmas goal) that some recipes were moved to and from the basic appliances for goals though the Cheese Pizza definitely shouldn't still be there.

Looking back over things, there's not been that many recipes that were moved around for the side goal -- in my memory there were lots more, lol.

Here's a list of the recipes so you can see what recipes you're meant to have, which ones you're not and can decide if you feel the need to bring this up with support.

SG recipes moved to Basic Oven for goal, returned after:
- Santa Pancakes (Gift Box Oven)
- Cabbage and Bacon (Shamrock Oven)
- Garlic Fries (Carnival Oven)
- Cheese Pizza (Wood Burning Oven)
- Hi-Hat Pizza (Drum Set Oven)

twospoons
03-12-20, 11:29 AM
Oh, okay, I guess mine are behaving as normal then. Since the popcorns originally came from the popcorn maker, I assumed they were supposed to go back there, and that the Halloween pizzas would just leave, since they weren't full time recipes before they were re-released for the side goal. But those other recipes left! So really I'm just annoyed by the popcorn, which of course is made on a stove or microwave or dedicated popping appliance, but never an oven.

pixiegamer
03-12-20, 12:14 PM
Oh, okay, I guess mine are behaving as normal then. Since the popcorns originally came from the popcorn maker, I assumed they were supposed to go back there, and that the Halloween pizzas would just leave, since they weren't full time recipes before they were re-released for the side goal. But those other recipes left! So really I'm just annoyed by the popcorn, which of course is made on a stove or microwave or dedicated popping appliance, but never an oven.

Yeah, this annoys me too about the popcorn :/ Still hoping they'll move it back to the Popcorn Maker (did the devs forget that it was relisted in a 5-day goal only a few months before they moved the recipes over???) :confused:

In any case, there's about 3 hours left in the main goal as of this writing. If the cheese pizza is still on the basic oven after that, I'll file a bug report and inquire about it.

pixiegamer
03-12-20, 12:18 PM

:(

I wouldn't say that about the pizzeria, necessarily. I think you posted previously that you had the goal prizes from a previous pizza goal (the woodburning oven one) - between that, the recipes/intermediary prizes from this goal, and even a few market items, there's no reason you shouldn't attempt a pizzeria design. I think it would turn out great :)

pixiegamer
03-12-20, 03:13 PM
This comes as the goals are ending, but nevertheless: I think this goal would've been better released as not a goal at all, and if the items had been released separately.

Specific points:

I think the biggest negative is probably the flooring - it's quite literally a rotated duplicate of an existing floor tile, and one of the most basic designs at that.
The table and chair, while not duplicates, seem really uninspired. Effectively, they're a basic black chair and a table with a checkered cloth - both things we already have in the game, and neither of the new additions, in my opinion, set themselves apart enough to be considered particularly noteworthy compared to what we already have.
To that point, none of the above items particularly seemed specifically matched to a Pizza theme. I'll admit there's a slight bias here, since we got a very lovely Pizza Mosaic table and chair set with a previous pizza goal that really raised the bar for designs that tied into a goal, but the above items are really just... neutral. I don't think that's a bad thing in and of itself, but for a pizza goal specifically, I think other designs would have worked better, especially when these really do seem like they could've been released with any generic food-related goal - or, perhaps, not even at all, and it wouldn't have made a difference.
The wall decoration barely escapes this criticism only because it does somewhat briefly tie into the theme (the Italy cutout at least matches the flag on the counter), but again, it feels lackluster. I think I would've much preferred something, once again, pizza-related - a pizza menu, or a chart of toppings, or even a pizzeria door with a pizza slice design on it, but this one just fell short :(
I really do like the design of the Big Brick Wall - I think it's quite modern and adds a fresh, hipster vibe to RS pizzerias - but again, I'm disappointed by the lack of creativity. This marks the fourth (4th!) brick wall design we've gotten in the game, and it's worth pointing out that three of them, including this one, have all been released with pizza-related goals. Is that really the best the team can do? Another brick wall for another pizza goal?

I would've much preferred this if the pizza design on the wall had been released as a decal in wall decorations. It really is a fantastic piece of art, and I love the transparency/faded look of it against the brick wall, but it can become jarring to have multiple frames of this next to each other, especially for a long stretch of wall.
What's more, the color scheme matches one of the other brick walls we have on the market, but not the pattern of the bricks on the wall. It would've been nice to be able to lay them side by side and have a seamless wall.
I think the counter is one of the best pieces to be released for Restaurant Story in recent months. I love how the color of the bricks and the countertop have been muted to give it a slightly more aged look, and the Italian flag tacked to the front is a really neat touch :)
I also really liked the designs of the appliances, and particularly how well they went together. The one criticism here is I wish the devs would be more conscious of what kind of appliance they choose to put the recipes on: pizzas on an oven are an obvious match, but a calzone, sub, and salad being prepared on a stove? :confused: I really do wish they'd consider these details.
Finally, the prizes: having done the two previous pizza goals in Restaurant Story, I do think it's refreshing to see different prizes on offer, but it does come down to details again:

The Pizza Line is nice, and I've seen multiple neighbors utilize the wall of it to mark separate sections in their restaurant. I like the expressions of the two customers included in the artwork, and it looks like it's a piece that really could be used in an indoor or outdoor setting (with some creativity), but there are still a couple of demerits. First: the brick pattern matches that of the counter in this goal, but not of the wallpaper we received (or any of the brick wallpapers in the game). Second: the streetlamp feels completely unnecessary, and it feels odd to have included in a decoration that only features two people. If we want to make a bigger line by 'stacking' two of these decorations, it looks awkward to have a streetlamp per every two people in line, and there's no matching 1x1 streetlamp decoration on the market one could place to flesh out the design if one wanted. Neither of these features are inherently bad, but it makes it harder to have a cohesive design with other items - and that's another thing I wish the devs took into consideration :(
Regarding the Tremendous Toss: it ties in with the pizza theme, and I do like the collection of people around the chef who's tossing the dough. I think it would actually place really well in a cooking school-type design, with students clamored around the professor who's making a demonstration :) and it helps that there are additional cooking school-style decorations on the market to help round out this theme.
Regarding the Pizza Party - I think it's a great piece and I love the idea of a family gathered around a table eating pizza :) The only nitpick is with the size of the pizza on the table - it seems quite oversized, and this is made obvious comparing the size of the pizza slices the kids are holding to the size of the gigantic pizza in the middle. I think it would've looked much better if it were proportional to the table, and I wonder if this was an oversight by the art team.

Additionally, it would've been great if the table/chair combo we had gotten matched the table and chairs in this display - again, so we could have a great, cohesive design in our restaurant once the goal was through. It's a shame that was a missed opportunity :(

Overall... I think the items would've benefited from being split into multiple updates, rather than being all combined into a 15-day goal:

The three pizza recipes on the first appliance were solid, but the second appliance and recipes weren't as put together/make as much sense. I think instead of a 15-day goal, these could've been added to a pizza appliance from one of the previous pizza goals, and that could've been re-released for a really fantastic 5-day goal, with one of the previous goal prizes also being re-released as a prize for this goal. It's a theme that's been executed successfully before; the goals were wildly popular and one of the most sought-after to be re-released; and you have a set of recipes that actually fit the appliance they could be put onto (as compared to fish and shrimp on a drink machine :mad: ).
Take the three goal prizes and the wall decal from the wallpaper, add a few more pizza-related floor decor items, and release these items in a box. This gives us a box with a really solid restaurant-related theme, and some awesome prizes to look forward to winning (and, as a potential bonus, more box prizes to choose from for future side goal prizes).

So... yeah. It's a bit of a 50/50 split for me with the items I liked and the items I didn't, and while I liked the ideas for some of the items, I wish their execution were handled better :(

TwixAndScones
03-12-20, 03:38 PM
:(

I wouldn't say that about the pizzeria, necessarily. I think you posted previously that you had the goal prizes from a previous pizza goal (the woodburning oven one) - between that, the recipes/intermediary prizes from this goal, and even a few market items, there's no reason you shouldn't attempt a pizzeria design. I think it would turn out great :)

I unfortunately wish I had as much positivity as you do. :(

Luckily though, I don't have to worry about the over 60 moneys I would've needed to create the pizzeria place. So in a way, maybe it wasn't entirely a loss for me in the end? I think I should at least be happy about that (I know my wife will be, at least!) - if nothing else! :)

Though if I were to be a bit more positive, I think that would go further and a longer way - and make me have a better outlook on most things!

sgoetzinger99
03-12-20, 05:47 PM
Very well thought out and worded, Pixie.
May I add that the goal tables, when placed together, overlapped and formed an ugly blob. I replaced them with the older -and almost identical- tables from my storage and got a much better look.
Too much duplication, plus the need to add neighbors to expand one's restaurant, plus the interminable scrolling to place items...
...results in simply being unwilling to do goals.