PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras Event - 2020 Feb 19

judyandthecat
02-19-20, 03:31 PM
Looks interesting
That is one pretty bird!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Watch the newspaper for event items
3. Check your neighbour's stores for event items

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 8: Mardi Gras
Look like it's time to party! Let's get ready to check out Mardi Gras! Get out your costumes and Beads!
Get 1 Piper's Mask - random drop Chocolatier
Get 1 Piper's Feathers - random drop exiting mine
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 nail, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 8: Mardi Gras
Morgan! I'm going to dress up in my favourite colours! It's going to be fun!
Have Farmer's Outpost
Collect 10 Piper's Beads - random drop from crops
Make 3 Piper's Costumes in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 3 of 8: Mardi Gras
Yes, Piper! Once we've got your costume ready, I'll start mine!
Send 10 planes
Get 2 Morgan's Masks - random drop Deep Fryer
Get 2 Morgan's Beads - random drop Planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 screw, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 8: Mardi Gras
Yay we're going to look so great! I bet Lucas will want to join in the fun!
Get 1 Morgan's Feathers from fishing
Make 3 Morgan's Costumes in Farmer's Outpost

Goal 5 of 8: Mardi Gras
Lucas! We're dressing up for Mardi Gras, did you want to join us?
Get 1 Lucas' Mask from Apple Trees
Get 1 Lucas' Feathers from Passion Fruit Vines
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 paint, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 8: Mardi Gras
Is there going to be food? I love food.
Get 3 Lucas' Beads from pigs
Make 3 Lucas' Costumes in Farmer's Outpost
Make 1 Mardi Gras Farm Float in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 plank, 3 experience points

Goal 7 of 8: Mardi Gras
Let's make a Mardi Gras Float! Something that will really turn heads!
Have the Mardi Gras Building - for sale Market
Make 1 Mardi Gras Farm Float in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 hammer, 3 experience points

Goal 8 of 8: Mardi Gras
Y'all need a place to celebrate? We sure dun got a building that looks plucked right out of that New Orleans.
Turn in 23 Mardi Gras Farm Floats
Visit 20 Community Farmers
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Mardi Gras Jester, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
There's Magic in the Air!
Want more items? Get a Mardi Gras Jester and collect Mardi Gras items from it!
Buy the Mardi Gras Jester from Market
Or you can win him in Goal 8
Thank You Storm8 Team!

Event Prizes
When You Hear That Music Playing!
Have Mardi Gras Building
Collect 1 of each of following
Mardi Gras Mask Float
King of Mardi Gras
Queen of Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras Ticket Booth
Mardi Gras Feather Stand
Bourbon Street Lamp
Mardi Gras Balloons
Mardi Gras Path
Fleur-de-lis Path
Mardi Gras Peacock - pet - Bird Tree or Wildlife Habitats
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
Mardi Gras Jester - 250 gems

judyandthecat
02-19-20, 03:32 PM
Recipes

Where to Find Event Items
Piper's Mask - Chocolatier
Piper's Feathers - Mine - LOWER LEVELS Feed Mill
Piper's Beads - crops
Morgan's Masks - Deep Fryer
Morgan's Beads - Planes
Morgan's Feathers - fishing - LOWER LEVELS Kitchen
Lucas Mask - Apple Trees
Lucas Beads - pigs
Lucas Feathers - Passion Fruit Vines

Recipes
Piper's Costume
Recipe 10 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Mask
1 Piper's Feathers
10 Piper's Beads

Morgan's Costume
45 minutes Farmers Outpost
2 Morgan's Masks
2 Morgan's Beads
1 Morgan's Feathers

Lucas' Costume
15 minutes Farmer's Outpost
1 Lucas' Mask
1 Lucas' Feathers
1 Lucas' Beads

Mardi Gras Farm Float
1 hour Farmer's Outpost
1 Piper's Costume
1 Morgan's Costume
1 Lucas' Costume

judyandthecat
02-19-20, 03:56 PM
Judy goes and empties barn
Kittens look into the Crystal Ball
Meow besides Catnip we see giving
Give 3
Give 4
Give 5
Oh the Ball is getting foggy.

ankavale1000
02-19-20, 05:50 PM
Judy goes and empties barn
Kittens look into the Crystal Ball
Meow besides Catnip we see giving
Give 3
Give 4
Give 5
Oh the Ball is getting foggy.

I don’t have a crystal ball, but my gut tells me it’s one of those Turn-In 23x kind, being all event items crafted in just 1 building (the give 3,4,5 kind we make event items with different buildings) plus there’s the 2000 coins Mardi Gras Building where I’m guessing we turn in from to get prizes. I could be wrong of course.

The event has 7 day timer, wonder if a 7day LB is coming out in like 2hrs.

peachtreeshoppe
02-19-20, 08:51 PM
I don?t have a crystal ball, but my gut tells me it?s one of those Turn-In 23x kind, being all event items crafted in just 1 building (the give 3,4,5 kind we make event items with different buildings) plus there?s the 2000 coins Mardi Gras Building where I?m guessing we turn in from to get prizes. I could be wrong of course.

The event has 7 day timer, wonder if a 7day LB is coming out in like 2hrs.

Ooo clairvoyant!

spring_peeper
02-20-20, 04:20 AM
Ooo clairvoyant!

My crystal ball told me I?d be striking out on Mine collections. It was right!

judyandthecat
02-20-20, 08:33 AM
You can win these Paths or you can go to the market
And under the Path tab they are for sale for 1 gem each
Those kittens bought them....MEOW

Lilliepaddd
02-20-20, 11:19 AM
First time ever I got a pet after 3 tries! Yahoo my faith is restored! And a Peacock...yippee!

judyandthecat
02-20-20, 11:35 AM
First time ever I got a pet after 3 tries! Yahoo my faith is restored! And a Peacock...yippee!

Congratulations!

ankavale1000
02-20-20, 01:01 PM
Sigh. I turned in before I got to goal 8. Not smart on my part. Sigh.

peachtreeshoppe
02-20-20, 03:44 PM
FYI im getting Morgan’s feathers from cooking in the kitchen. (L23)

peachtreeshoppe
02-20-20, 04:45 PM
I wasn’t going to do this event but I’ve discarded so many things I figured it’s worth a go. Now that I want to, I can’t find pipers feathers. I must’ve discarded/attempted to sell and had to toss at least 5. I’ve crafted more than 40 feeds since and haven’t found one now that I want to. Can a lower level player confirm where piper feathers come from?

judyandthecat
02-20-20, 05:10 PM
FYI im getting Morgan’s feathers from cooking in the kitchen. (L23)

Thank you!

judyandthecat
02-20-20, 05:12 PM
I wasn’t going to do this event but I’ve discarded so many things I figured it’s worth a go. Now that I want to, I can’t find pipers feathers. I must’ve discarded/attempted to sell and had to toss at least 5. I’ve crafted more than 40 feeds since and haven’t found one now that I want to. Can a lower level player confirm where piper feathers come from?

I think the only differences is mining and fishing

Piper's Beads - crops
Morgan's Beads - Planes
Lucas Mask - Apple Trees
Lucas Beads - pigs

peachtreeshoppe
02-20-20, 05:20 PM
I think the only differences is mining and fishing

Piper's Beads - crops
Morgan's Beads - Planes
Lucas Mask - Apple Trees
Lucas Beads - pigs

Are we sure about feed mill? I made more than 30 cow feeds and a handful of each of the others since I decided I wanted the feathers, and nothing. I can’t recall where they came from when they popped up before though and I don’t have one in inventory to read the back.

tsumtsum27
02-20-20, 05:34 PM
You can check it by go the farmer outpost and click "craft", it will show what item is 0, carefull click on the picture of that item, carefull not to click on the gem price, it will show where to find that item.

peachtreeshoppe
02-20-20, 07:31 PM
You can check it by go the farmer outpost and click "craft", it will show what item is 0, carefull click on the picture of that item, carefull not to click on the gem price, it will show where to find that item.

Thank you, this worked! It is feed mill, so I started using my original. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I got two masks after I started using that one rather than my secondary. Anyways wahoo, onto part 3! Update: For lower levels, it’s send 5 deliveries. Off to deep fry some potatoes and eggs...

Mitzi111
02-21-20, 05:39 AM

I dont know why i am lost... but where does the peacock come from?

Lilliepaddd
02-21-20, 06:13 AM
The Lucas feathers are not dropping from the passion fruit trees. I?ve only had 2 in the last 4 collections. I?m at a standstill! Can someone fix please. Thanks

Mitzi111
02-21-20, 06:29 AM
wait.... i am spending all this time making 3 costumes for 3 people.... so am I reading the instructions correctly?..that i need to do this 20 more times?

PookieBear50
02-21-20, 01:48 PM
Here we go...

1 - Mardi Gras Balloons
2 - Mardi Gras Ticket Booth
3 - Mardi Gras Feather Stand
4 - Mardi Gras Path
5 - Mardi Gras Balloons
6 - Mardi Gras Balloons
7 - Mardi Gras Balloons
8 - Mardi Gras Feather Stand
9 - Fleur-de-lis Path
10 - Mardi Gras Mask Float
11 - Mardi Gras Path
12 - Queen of Mardi Gras
13 - Fleur-de-lis Path
14 - Fleur-de-lis Path
15 - Fleur-de-lis Path
16 - Mardi Gras Balloons
17 - King of Mardi Gras
18 - Bourbon Street Lamp
19 - Mardi Gras Feather Stand
20 - King of Mardi Gras
21 - King of Mardi Gras
22 - Bourbon Street Lamp
23 - Fleur-de-lis Path
24 - Bourbon Street Lamp
25 - Mardi Gras Balloons
26 - Bourbon Street Lamp
27 - Fleur-de-lis Path
28 - Mardi Gras Balloons

So, no Peacock for me. Oh, well. I guess the Mardi Gras season is not for me...I missed the Mardi Gras Gator a few years ago too.

judyandthecat
02-21-20, 02:22 PM
wait.... i am spending all this time making 3 costumes for 3 people.... so am I reading the instructions correctly?..that i need to do this 20 more times?

You can do it as many times as you want.
Each time you turn in the Mardi Gras Float at The Mardi Gras Building you get a prize.
List of prizes in post 1.
One is the Peacock Pet.

If you do it 23 times as per goal 8 you get the Mardi Gras Jester.

I really like the Mardi Gras Ticket Booth and the Feather Stand.
Paths I have always loved!

Mitzi111
02-21-20, 04:17 PM
You can do it as many times as you want.
Each time you turn in the Mardi Gras Float at The Mardi Gras Building you get a prize.
List of prizes in post 1.
One is the Peacock Pet.
If you do it 23 times as per goal 8 you get the Mardi Gras Jester.
I really like the Mardi Gras Ticket Booth and the Feather Stand.
Paths I have always loved!

OHHHHHH ok I get it now! Thanks for the explanation Judyandthecat : )

logansmil
02-22-20, 03:14 AM
Is the jester a pet?

judyandthecat
02-22-20, 05:46 AM
Is the jester a pet?

He is for sale in the Market for 250 gems.
He has a 2 hour timer!

Mitzi111
02-22-20, 06:29 AM
grrrrrr I am still stuck trying to get Lucas' feathers. Collected from vines 3 times and no feathers. The wait for them to regenerate is agonizing! lol So I havent been able to make a float yet. Cross fingers that the 4th try is a charm

judyandthecat
02-22-20, 06:45 AM
grrrrrr I am still stuck trying to get Lucas' feathers. Collected from vines 3 times and no feathers. The wait for them to regenerate is agonizing! lol So I havent been able to make a float yet. Cross fingers that the 4th try is a charm

Watch your newspaper. I bought a lot of items in the paper.

KojiMama
02-22-20, 07:34 AM
I’ve stopped accumulating points. When I send a delivery or harvest pigs etc it looks like it ticks up then reverts back to 2984. I’m way behind other players on the leaderboard and that never happens. What gives???

Paul__
02-22-20, 08:28 AM
I?ve stopped accumulating points. When I send a delivery or harvest pigs etc it looks like it ticks up then reverts back to 2984. I?m way behind other players on the leaderboard and that never happens. What gives???

Have you tried quitting and reopening the game, if not, heres now:

On devices with a home button:
Double Press the home button and then swipe up on the Farm Story 2 card.

On devices without a home button:
Swipe up half way and then hold for a second, then swipe up on the Farm Story 2 card.

judyandthecat
02-22-20, 09:32 AM
Update on Mardi Gras Jester

It is like a jack in the box.
Two hour timer
Gives Event Items
Can't be stored now but beings it is a boost item I am assuming when the event ends you will be able to store it.

peachtreeshoppe
02-23-20, 08:20 PM
FYI lower level is 15 to turn in as opposed to 23. I might make it.

raissawinda
02-24-20, 10:39 AM
1. Queen of Mardi Grass
2. Mardi Grass Balloons
3. Mardi Grass Mask Float
4. Fleur de Lis Path
5. King of Mardi Grass
That's all. Thank you.
I'm not feeling so well so I think I'll be able to make 5 turn-ins or so. Small chance to win the Peacock. I didn't mean to join but this one is an easy one for me (if I'm in a very good health). I don't love all the decorations bcs they're not animated.

Lapetshop7
02-24-20, 12:01 PM
27 turn ins later and still no peacock bird. Guess I'm done with this event now

tigerlillypalace
02-25-20, 06:09 AM
27 turn ins later and still no peacock bird. Guess I'm done with this event now

same here...I've turned in 37 and still no peacock...used all my tools for mining and not many feathers (had more than 60 tools at the start of this event)...none in the last 8 digs. None in the market place or in community markets...crafted as many as I could, too. with 13 hours to go,not holding much hope of achieving the peacock :(

judyandthecat
02-25-20, 06:58 AM
The event is ending today.
My suggestion:
Fill your stores with Pipers Beads at full price.
Ten sells for 1,750.00 dollars
Ten spots is $17,500.00
Bots will buy!

praphulladp
02-25-20, 08:36 AM
same here...I've turned in more than 30 and still no peacock...
Admin please genuine players must get for their efforts else people will leave playing this game....

praphulladp
02-25-20, 08:43 AM
Again idiot lamp, tiles etc simply frustrating!!

capitalcee
02-25-20, 05:17 PM
Yep turned in about 35 and no peacock. I?ve been checking out my neighbors and random farms and I haven?t seen a peacock. Reason#295 why I don?t give them one dime to play this game.

Mitzi111
02-25-20, 06:08 PM
OH NO I just put in my last float and it takes 59 min.... but i see that we only have 54 min left in the event ! Will it finish the last float even if the clock runs out????

praphulladp
02-25-20, 06:23 PM
No peocock after 35_40 attempts’—— Game deleted

ankavale1000
02-25-20, 06:29 PM
OH NO I just put in my last float and it takes 59 min.... but i see that we only have 54 min left in the event ! Will it finish the last float even if the clock runs out????

It might, but ... here’s a big BUT, you most likely will not be able to turn in at Mardi Gras Building. The building stops working once times up, I believe.
Option 1 is for you to speed up with gems. Beware you need 5min at the building too (unless you gem this one also)
Option 2 is to just let it go.

ankavale1000
02-25-20, 06:36 PM
I didn’t participate in the 2017 Mardi Gras World Event, so this is my 1st Mardi Gras.
Happy with the deco (love paths) even if not animated. The purple and yellow theme really nice.
Managed to turn in as many as I can, wish we had more time to turn in though, I wouldn’t mind more paths.

Paul__
02-25-20, 06:58 PM
No peacock after 37 attempts :(

PookieBear50
02-25-20, 07:01 PM
If anyone won the Peacock, please send a picture to Paul__ and also post here which habitat it goes into (I am thinking it is probably the Bird Tree, but it might also go elsewhere, so please let us know what you discover). Thanks!

Mitzi111
02-25-20, 07:08 PM

update. aaarrrghh my float came out 4.5 min after the event ended and i cant put it in the building to create prize now.

Minimalio
02-25-20, 09:41 PM
Delusa da questo evento!! Il premio finale dopo 23 consegne equivale a zero...meritiamo di pi?!!! Mi piacciono gli eventi come questo...ma ci deve essere una ricompensa onesta dopo tanto sforzo. Ovviamente il pavone non si ? fatto vedere nella mia fattoria...ma non ci speravo neppure tanto. Puoi fare di meglio Storm8...l'hai mostrato in eventi passati.

PookieBear50
02-25-20, 10:14 PM
Delusa da questo evento!! Il premio finale dopo 23 consegne equivale a zero...meritiamo di pi?!!! Mi piacciono gli eventi come questo...ma ci deve essere una ricompensa onesta dopo tanto sforzo. Ovviamente il pavone non si ? fatto vedere nella mia fattoria...ma non ci speravo neppure tanto. Puoi fare di meglio Storm8...l'hai mostrato in eventi passati.

Non possiamo vincere ogni volta. A volte dobbiamo perdere per apprezzare di piu vincere. Potremmo non avere sempre successo in questi eventi. La tua alternativa e quella di spendere soldi e acquistare gemme per accelerare le macchine in modo da poter consegnare piu collezioni e aumentare le tue opportunita per vincere il premio che desideri.

Allie0105
02-26-20, 12:54 AM
Another luck event - another no luck for me. From the list of prizes I only received 7 of the prizes after 30 turn ins. All of them were previous prizes and no peacock for me. It is so disappointing. I could accept it if I didn’t put a lot of effort in to each event. I think I need a break from the game. No more working really hard to fall short at the end.

tayven12
02-26-20, 07:55 AM
Dangling carrots. Makes feel like I?m at the carnival and picking a paper cup to win a prize. And all the cups are empty. Really wonder why I play this game. It?s not fun. It?s not relaxing and it eats up all time. Ugh ugh ugh. I couldn?t even get a peacock statue from the cloches.

Peggyg723
02-26-20, 08:48 AM
i have the peacock.. it does live in my bird tree.. it won't upload my photo though.. what am I doing wrong? saved it as JPG and still not working. Also virtually impossible to get a snap of him with tail spread - you can tap him and he struts but it closes so fast I can't get a picture with feathers spread...

Peggyg723
02-26-20, 09:00 AM

finally got it to upload! had to crop it alot

Peggyg723
02-26-20, 09:07 AM
If anyone won the Peacock, please send a picture to Paul__ and also post here which habitat it goes into (I am thinking it is probably the Bird Tree, but it might also go elsewhere, so please let us know what you discover). Thanks!

best I could do on tail feathers- he kept walking behind stuff.. camera shy! And yes does live in bird tree54810

Minimalio
02-26-20, 09:45 AM
Non possiamo vincere ogni volta. A volte dobbiamo perdere per apprezzare di piu vincere. Potremmo non avere sempre successo in questi eventi. La tua alternativa e quella di spendere soldi e acquistare gemme per accelerare le macchine in modo da poter consegnare piu collezioni e aumentare le tue opportunita per vincere il premio che desideri.
Non fraintendermi....non mi aspettavo di vincere il pavone...quello ? solo fortuna. Facevo notare che stavolta dopo le 23 consegne(minimo) non abbiamo ottenuto un premio come altre volte...e che non ci fosse un vero premio lo si ? capito praticamente solo alla fine. L'ho vissuto come un evento poco onesto, tutto qui. E credimi...proprio in questo evento ho speso parecchie gemme...
Comunque ti ringrazio per il tuo intervento...ogni pensiero, opinione o critica apporta una crescita 😊
Buona serata

Minimalio
02-26-20, 09:48 AM
i have the peacock.. it does live in my bird tree.. it won't upload my photo though.. what am I doing wrong? saved it as JPG and still not working. Also virtually impossible to get a snap of him with tail spread - you can tap him and he struts but it closes so fast I can't get a picture with feathers spread...
Complimenti per il nuovo arrivato: veramente bello!!

PookieBear50
02-26-20, 03:21 PM
Okay, so, now that the event is over...why does my Brazilian Fountain look like it is NOT spouting water and is instead sending out radar or sonar waves?

logansmil
02-26-20, 03:25 PM

PookieBear50
02-26-20, 03:26 PM

best I could do on tail feathers- he kept walking behind stuff.. camera shy! And yes does live in bird tree54810

finally got it to upload! had to crop it alot

Thanks! I have updated the Pets Habitat thread. Do you know if it can go in any other habitats, such as the Tropical Bird Base or the Wildlife Den or maybe the Mythical Meadow?

Peggyg723
02-27-20, 11:24 AM
Thanks! I have updated the Pets Habitat thread. Do you know if it can go in any other habitats, such as the Tropical Bird Base or the Wildlife Den or maybe the Mythical Meadow?

peacock can also live in wildlife den

Heymichx
02-27-20, 06:30 PM
No peacock after 37 attempts :(

I have the same issue on every one of these. Multiple everything but always 1 item that is a no show so don?t complete. Don?t know why I do it because I know I will fail. I think I still play because it?s a good distraction to responsibilities in life, if I don?t feed animals for a day it?s not like they will shout ?mum, Mum, Mum, when?s tea mum? etc

PookieBear50
02-27-20, 11:57 PM
peacock can also live in wildlife den

Thanks, I updated the Pets Habitat thread.

tayven12
02-28-20, 01:47 PM
Thank you for the peacock statue. Very happy and surprised to get it. Still disappointed about the event but better than nothing.