PDA

View Full Version : New game ads

Queenzod
02-11-20, 02:03 AM
Just a quick comment to say that the ads for the new associated/sponsored games are extremely irritating! They pop up several times every single time I open my game, and to think I?m going to have to keep clicking a hundred times a day for A YEAR to shut them down is aggravating beyond belief.

:mad:

SpiritWind00
02-11-20, 04:30 AM
I'm just going to clear the goal to clear the ad. Hasn't taken very long at all (maybe under an hour) to get to level 30. you get unlimited energy/time to get you through for a while which was helpful.

SofiaDeo
02-12-20, 01:22 PM
Just a quick comment to say that the ads for the new associated/sponsored games are extremely irritating! They pop up several times every single time I open my game, and to think I?m going to have to keep clicking a hundred times a day for A YEAR to shut them down is aggravating beyond belief.

:mad:

hear, hear. I don't want to spend any time, or space on my device, to get rid of them. Maybe things have changed, but it seems when I first started playing, if I cleared one sponsored game, another took its place. So why bother? Other than, I will comment I quit playing Dragon Story because the ads got so intrusive. If this game does the same, I guess I will not play S8 games at all.

Jules_c
02-18-20, 07:47 AM
Just FYI, I cleared the goal for this maybe 10 days ago and I haven't had a new pop-up take it's place. Also, never got the gems for completing this, so maybe that's why I haven't got a new ad yet.

podunkiana
02-20-20, 06:57 AM
Its gotten to the point that I make it a point to not play those games since they are such a distraction. So for me S8 you are not helping your cause. Please allow us to opt out of these things.. very tiring have to click to get rid of a popup I HAVE NO INTEREST IN!!!!!

bobbyrae
02-20-20, 07:20 AM
Its gotten to the point that I make it a point to not play those games since they are such a distraction. So for me S8 you are not helping your cause. Please allow us to opt out of these things.. very tiring have to click to get rid of a popup I HAVE NO INTEREST IN!!!!!
Yes. Please.

SofiaDeo
02-25-20, 07:11 AM
I might be willing to pay a small monthly fee (like I do on Hulu) to stop the ads. I watch the videos, etc. but only when I have time. When logging in just to collect something, it's awful that I am forced to spend more time clicking through pop ups than actually playing the game. Between this, and the increasing amount of "intermittent reinforcement" treatment during events, I am becoming disenchanted with S8 games. A decade ago, I played 6 or so. Now I am down to Castle Story only.

Queenzod
02-29-20, 08:58 PM
I also want to add that the past few days the daily videos (for energy, gems, or supplies) have included a very salacious ad for an 18+ slots game. I find this very disturbing. Children/minors play Castle Story. I don?t know if S8 has any control over these particular ads, but maybe they could check into it?

AuntGma
02-29-20, 09:25 PM
I also want to add that the past few days the daily videos (for energy, gems, or supplies) have included a very salacious ad for an 18+ slots game. I find this very disturbing. Children/minors play Castle Story. I don?t know if S8 has any control over these particular ads, but maybe they could check into it?

Yes! I am chiming in to say I received that same ad many times. Sometimes it repeated for every ad offered. It was downright vulgar! If I was in public, I would hide my iPad, so no one else could see it and think I was watching XXX. I have not seen that ad for about three weeks, which gave me hope that it would not rear it's ugly head again. Sounds like that may be just wishful thinking.

Jules_c
03-04-20, 04:00 PM

Do not give in and play the game to be rid of the ads. They never give you the gems anyway. It's a total scam.

bobbyrae
03-04-20, 06:14 PM
. *snip* I am becoming disenchanted with S8 games. A decade ago, I played 6 or so. Now I am down to Castle Story only.
Me too. I quit playing every other game and now play only Castle Story because of pop up ads. Thankfully I managed to rid myself of all the pop up ads without playing the games. I have no idea what I did but my game remains pop up ad free for now. I still have games in my goal list to download but they can remain there forever for all I care. But I hate the pop ups!!

Queenzod
03-04-20, 07:31 PM
Yes! I am chiming in to say I received that same ad many times. Sometimes it repeated for every ad offered. It was downright vulgar! If I was in public, I would hide my iPad, so no one else could see it and think I was watching XXX. I have not seen that ad for about three weeks, which gave me hope that it would not rear it's ugly head again. Sounds like that may be just wishful thinking.

it?s back :(

SpiritWind00
03-04-20, 07:35 PM
Please take a screen shot of the ad and log a ticket with Support - unfortunately, they are the only ones who can help with these ads. They need to know details about who the game belongs to, so the end splash screen is generally helpful. I can raise it with the team if someone can send me more details in a PM.

bobbyrae
03-05-20, 11:05 AM
Please take a screen shot of the ad and log a ticket with Support - unfortunately, they are the only ones who can help with these ads. They need to know details about who the game belongs to, so the end splash screen is generally helpful. I can raise it with the team if someone can send me more details in a PM.
I have seen these adverts too and yes they play over and over and over. I would post the details and log a Support Ticket but alas none of my videos are playing this week.

Queenzod
03-05-20, 01:22 PM

thanks! I?ll see if it shows up today. :)

allisonoconnell
03-11-20, 06:19 AM
I see people talk about these video ads for gems etc all the time, yet I've never seen the option in my game. Is it because of where I live that I dont get them? Takes forever to get gems when you're relying on just gameplay.

AnnirasSweets
03-11-20, 07:26 AM
I see people talk about these video ads for gems etc all the time, yet I've never seen the option in my game. Is it because of where I live that I dont get them? Takes forever to get gems when you're relying on just gameplay.

As far as I'm aware it's not a regional issue but a random offer that can show up or leave at any time for players. Though, I do think that it might be an iOS only offer?

SofiaDeo
03-13-20, 01:33 PM
I think it is iOs not Android, and maybe USA only. (I read that the USA spends a disproportionate amount of $ in-game compared to other countries) I too am still getting the vulgar/salacious ad daily; I force quit when it happens. Its waaay too sexual! And SW, its not a single splash screen, it's a series of sexualized images throughout the ad. I also refuse to watch standard TV type ads (for Wal-Mart, etc.). I want to see potential Games only in my games! And not XXX rated ones at that!

wintersno
03-13-20, 04:15 PM
I think it is iOs not Android, and maybe USA only. (I read that the USA spends a disproportionate amount of $ in-game compared to other countries) I too am still getting the vulgar/salacious ad daily; I force quit when it happens. Its waaay too sexual! And SW, its not a single splash screen, it's a series of sexualized images throughout the ad. I also refuse to watch standard TV type ads (for Wal-Mart, etc.). I want to see potential Games only in my games! And not XXX rated ones at that!

I have also seen that ad pop up and it IS very vulgar and sexual! I couldn?t believe it showed up! It hasn?t showed up recently and I hope it stays that way!

Paul__
03-13-20, 04:17 PM
I have also seen that ad pop up and it IS very vulgar and sexual! I couldn?t believe it showed up! It hasn?t showed up recently and I hope it stays that way!

You should take a screenshot next time you see it and send it to support, they can probably help you more.

SpiritWind00
03-13-20, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry, but the forum cannot help with this issue. Someone needs to contact Support with the details of the ad to get it removed.

Am closing this thread for now and will advise S8. Can someone at least give me the name of the game ??- send me a PM (click on my name) if you are able so I can escalate....