PDA

View Full Version : Dragons That Can't Be Traded For Essence

amerirish
02-10-20, 09:21 AM
So I have a ton of eggs in storage and some of them are duplicates. My process is to hatch & evolve the duplicates in order to trade for Essence. More and more I am finding that I cannot trade certain dragons after evolving them to level 4. So far this has happened with:

Begonia (Ultra Rare)
Deep Space (Super Rare)
Fantasy (Ultra Rare)
Neo Forest (Super Rare)
Peony (Super Rare)
Red Giant (Super Rare)
Starfall (Ultra Rare)

I can't think of any good reason why these dragons cannot be traded. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

deadpixel
02-10-20, 09:55 AM
So I have a ton of eggs in storage and some of them are duplicates. My process is to hatch & evolve the duplicates in order to trade for Essence. More and more I am finding that I cannot trade certain dragons after evolving them to level 4. So far this has happened with:

Begonia (Ultra Rare)
Deep Space (Super Rare)
Fantasy (Ultra Rare)
Neo Forest (Super Rare)
Peony (Super Rare)
Red Giant (Super Rare)
Starfall (Ultra Rare)

I can't think of any good reason why these dragons cannot be traded. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would say that the reason is simply that they don't have the manpower to make the updates.

amerirish
02-10-20, 11:03 AM
I would say that the reason is simply that they don't have the manpower to make the updates.

I hear you except that it would seem that for a dragon to be not able to be traded it would have to have some special code assigned to it, no? I certainly don't know how coding works at all but if say 90% of dragons are able to be traded, wouldn't these ones have to be specially altered?

Athabasca55
02-10-20, 05:30 PM
Add Nightflower and Neo Gemini, both ultra rares to the list. I have offloaded all my flower types and I would love to reap 100 essence for Nightflower.

deadpixel
02-11-20, 05:48 AM
I hear you except that it would seem that for a dragon to be not able to be traded it would have to have some special code assigned to it, no? I certainly don't know how coding works at all but if say 90% of dragons are able to be traded, wouldn't these ones have to be specially altered?

If properly done, each dragon (object) would have a property (attribute) that indicates whether it can be traded, and this property works like a switch that can be turned on or off through an interface without changing a single line of code.

So, the level of difficulty and the amount of work it takes to make these changes depend entirely on how well they designed the interface. If it was done properly, it would not take a programmer to make the change.

Andro45
02-11-20, 11:17 AM
You can add the Venus dragon to the list. No option to trade that one.

amerirish
02-11-20, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info deadpixel and thanks to everyone here who's adding to the list. Hopefully if we keep this going, some or all of them might get 'fixed'.

Athabasca55
02-11-20, 06:49 PM
Crocus

Dahlia

Still checking...

mymonta
02-12-20, 11:03 AM
If you already have the dragon (someone managed that they are trying to offload duplicates), then go into the Codex before hatching the duplicate, and it will tell you if your dragon is tradeable or not.

glenngenius
02-14-20, 07:05 PM
Neo Kitsune can't be traded too.

Mostreal
02-15-20, 08:06 AM
A few months ago, I finally sold all the duplicate dragons that could not be traded. I kept them at level 4 for a while hoping it would change. From what I gathered at the time, Storm8 originally made them non-tradable for a reason and just never bothered to change it. I think it is a throwback from when they were traded for gems and I can't recall now the reason I thought they made them untradable but yeah....my theory is they were purposely non-tradable and when the switch was made from gems to essence, those particular dragons were never switched as well.

Athabasca55
03-02-20, 12:23 PM
Found another one..

Buttercup

Edit: Also Birthday, Neo Glasswing, Ancient Star

Mostreal
03-03-20, 08:35 AM
None of the Neo Colors can be traded (Neo Pink, Neo White - from the ticket temple)
Palmate couldn't, either

mymonta
03-03-20, 10:56 AM
None of the Neo Colors can be traded (Neo Pink, Neo White - from the ticket temple)
Palmate couldn't, either

Ok, that explains why Neo Rose can't be traded. I hatched my new one forgetting that I already had one. I don't mind having 2 that I can keep at different levels, like baby and epic, but space *is* at a premium, so it's a pain to have duplicates sometimes.

[S8] Elsa
03-03-20, 02:28 PM
Ok, that explains why Neo Rose can't be traded. I hatched my new one forgetting that I already had one. I don't mind having 2 that I can keep at different levels, like baby and epic, but space *is* at a premium, so it's a pain to have duplicates sometimes.

I'm tracking these, but if there's a specific Dragon that everyone is getting a lot of duplicates of that would help us prioritize the list to review since it's a large project to navigate.

amerirish
03-05-20, 04:49 PM
Elsa;1613295']I'm tracking these, but if there's a specific Dragon that everyone is getting a lot of duplicates of that would help us prioritize the list to review since it's a large project to navigate.

I can only speak for myself, but I have duplicates in storage since I've been playing since nearly Day 1 of the game. When expired dragons are offered as prizes, I accumulate them and use them to trade for Essence. I don't keep more than one of each dragon either on my island or in Storage.

Athabasca55
03-05-20, 10:09 PM
Elsa;1613295']I'm tracking these, but if there's a specific Dragon that everyone is getting a lot of duplicates of that would help us prioritize the list to review since it's a large project to navigate.

Since most of these are unbreedables, crafted or otherwise one-offs, I don’t quite see how duplicates factor in. I could imagine an untradeable common like Buttercup. But that’s the only one I have found so far.

So, respectfully, it’s a bit of a red herring, expecting a specific set of duplicates from us?

mymonta
11-26-20, 08:14 PM
This is probably not an exhaustive list, but these are what I found in my Codex that I can't trade for essence: Lovestruck, Jupiter, Deep Space, Hypernova, Neo Fire, Neo Forest, Neo Black Pearl, Stormie, Birthday, Neo Rose, Bright Daisy, Hyacinth, Neo Pansy, Peony, Polaris, Neo Pixie, Laceleaf, Sweet Pea, Neo Moon, Neo Meteor, Neo Air, Neo Magic, Foxglove, Marigold. So it seems to be Neo dragons, a bunch of the flower dragons, and some cosmic dragons.

deamon506
11-26-20, 10:19 PM
Birthday dragons can?t be traded for essence