PDA

View Full Version : Lunar New Year Event - 2020 Jan 22

judyandthecat
01-22-20, 03:32 PM
Year of the Rat

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
Where to Find Event Items
Moon Cake - Chickens
Concave Mirror - Kitchen
Red Envelopes - Rat popping up on farm
Gold Ingot - Passion Fruit Vines
Festive Flower - Fishing
Fortuitous Fan - Plane Deliveries
Prosperous Coins - Mine

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 9: Lunar New Year
It's time for the Lunar New Year! Let's celebrate our friends and family!
Collect 1 Red Envelope from the New Year Rat
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 9: Lunar New Year
It's traditional to pass out Red Envelopes, usually containing money! The packets are known as a good luck symbol!
Get 1 Moon Cake - random drop chickens
Get 1 Concave Mirror - random drop Kitchen
Make 1 New Year Dragon in Specialty Goods
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Tangerine Table, 3 experience points

Recipe New Year Dragon
30 minutes Specialty Goods
15 Moon Cakes
3 Concave Mirrors
3 Red Envelopes

Goal 3 of 9: Lunar New Year
Gold is also used to celebrate this time of year. This auspicious colour is used to wish for prosperity in the upcoming new year!
Get 1 Gold Ingot - random drop Passion Fruit Vines
Get 1 Festive Flower - random drop Fishing
Make 1 New Year Tree in Farmer's Outpost

Recipe New Year Tree
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
2 Gold Ingots
3 Festive Flowers
3 Red Envelopes

Goal 4 of 9: Lunar New Year
Red decorations are also used to celebrate the upcoming lunar new year! It's said that this colour will bring good luck and ward off any ill will!
Get 1 Fortuitous Fan - random drop planes
Get 1 Prosperous Coins - from mine
Make 1 New Year Lantern in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Foo Dog, 3 experience points

New Year Lantern
1 hour in Farmer's Outpost
3 Fortuitous Fans
2 Prosperous Coins
3 Red Envelopes

Goal 5 of 9: Lunar New Year
This lunar new year is the year of the Rat. The first animal in the wheel of zodiac animals!
Give 3 New Year Dragons
Give 3 New Year Trees
Give 3 New Year Lanterns

Goal 6 of 9: Lunar New Year
They say that those born in the year of the Rat are clever and successful! Also they love living a quiet and peaceful life! Perfect for Farm Living!
Give 4 New Year Dragons
Give 4 New Year Trees
Give 4 New Year Lanterns

Goal 7 of 9: Lunar New Year
Let's keep celebrating! Get those decorations made!
Give 5 New Year Dragons
Give 5 New Year Trees
Give 5 New Year Lanterns

Goal 8 of 9: Lunar New Year
We're not done celebrating yet. Make sure to keep up and spread that prosperity!
Give 6 New Year Dragons
Give 6 New Year Trees
Give 6 New Year Lanterns

Goal 9 of 9: Lunar New Year
With all this celebrating, we're sure to our and keep a new year rat! See if you can get one to stay!
Give 7 New Year Dragons
Give 7 New Year Trees
Give 7 New Year Lanterns
REWARDS: 500 coins, New Year Rat Pet, 25 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
Goal 1 of 2: Bang Bang!
The Foo Dog has appeared! Give it some New Year Fireworks to get some extra Red Envelopes!
Have Specialty Goods
Make 1 New Year Fireworks in Specialty Goods

Goal 1 of 2: For Prosperity!
If you need more Red Envelopes lure that New Year Rat to this Tangerine Table to get some extra materials.
Buy Tangerine Table from Market - 10 gems
Make 1 plane delivery
Get 5 Lucky Tangerine - random drop planes

Event Prizes
Foo Dog - animated - buy for 100 gems and/or Reward Goal 4
Tangerine Table - buy 10 gems and/or Reward Goal 2
Food Kiosk - buy 75 gems
Lunar Treats - buy 75 gems
Hanging Fireworks - buy 75 gems
New Year Rat- Pet - Rodent Grotto or Wildlife Den - Goal 9
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Foo Dog - 100 gems (reward in Goal 4)
Thank You Storm8
Tangerine Table - 10 gems (one time use) (reward Goal 2)

judyandthecat
01-22-20, 03:32 PM
Recipes for Event Items
New Year Dragon
15 Moon Cakes
3 Concave Mirrors
3 Red Envelopes

New Year Tree
2 Gold Ingots
3 Festive Flowers
3 Red Envelopes

New Year Lantern
3 Fortuitous Fans
2 Prosperous Coins
3 Red Envelopes

The above 3 items you make are invisible

Where to Find Event Items
Moon Cake - Chickens
Concave Mirror - Kitchen
Red Envelopes - Rat popping up on farm
Gold ingot - Passion Fruit Vines
Festive Flower - Fishing
Fortuitous Fan - Plane Deliveries
Prosperous Coins - Mine

This goal is not required for the Lunar New Year. Completing this series of goals will reward you with a resource item!

Goal 1 of 6: A. Venerable Bounty
Make 1 Stuffed Pepper
Give 10 Stuffed Pepper

Goal 2
Make 1 Milk Chocolate
Give 7 Milk Chocolate

Goal 3
Make 1 Raisin
Give 7 Raisin

Goal 4
Male 1 Orange Cotton Candy
Give 12 Orange Cotton Candy

Goal 5
Make 1 Bubble Bath Bottle
Give 10 Bubble Bath Bottle

Goal 6
Make 1 Almond Face Mask
Give 10 Almond Face Mask
REWARDS: 200 coins, 5 PICKAXES, 3 experience points

Paul__
01-22-20, 03:36 PM
Found the little guy54486

judyandthecat
01-22-20, 03:48 PM
Goal 1
Collect 1 Red Envelope from the New Year Rat

Goal 2
Get 1 Moon Cake - random drop chickens
Get 1 Concave Mirror - random drop Kitchen
Make 1 New Year Dragon in Specialty Goods
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 prize name, 3 experience points

Recipe New Year Dragon
15 Moon Cakes
3 Concave Mirrors
3 Red Envelopes

Allie0105
01-22-20, 06:55 PM
A warning to everyone. Don’t be silly and do what I did. I purchased the bundle and now I can’t pick up anything I’ve made from the buildings as the purchased items count in the barn. I am 200 odd over my limit and am kind of stuck on Goal 3 as I need to collect an item from the Farmers Outpost but I can’t due to lack of space. Just giving you the heads up.

judyandthecat
01-22-20, 07:47 PM
A warning to everyone. Don’t be silly and do what I did. I purchased the bundle and now I can’t pick up anything I’ve made from the buildings as the purchased items count in the barn. I am 200 odd over my limit and am kind of stuck on Goal 3 as I need to collect an item from the Farmers Outpost but I can’t due to lack of space. Just giving you the heads up.

Make the recipes with the items you purchased.
New Year Tree
2 Gold Ingots
3 Festive Flowers
3 Red Envelopes

New Year Lantern
3 Fortuitous Fans
2 Prosperous Coins
3 Red Envelopes

Recipe New Year Dragon
15 Moon Cakes
3 Concave Mirrors
3 Red Envelopes

praphulladp
01-23-20, 02:53 AM
Start the 20 deliveries gift program along with this event plzzz

judyandthecat
01-23-20, 03:49 AM
Start the 20 deliveries gift program along with this event plzzz

Moderators are just normal players.
What 20 delivery gift program?
Are you referring to the Christmas presents from December?
I wish we had an event like that every month!
The New Year Lunar event has started.

praphulladp
01-23-20, 04:50 AM
Moderators are just normal players.
What 20 delivery gift program?
Are you referring to the Christmas presents from December?
I wish we had an event like that every month!
The New Year Lunar event has started.
Yes ,rightly guessed. Hope such events must happen every month.

Paul__
01-23-20, 09:53 AM
Yes ,rightly guessed. Hope such events must happen every month.

I agree! You should make a thread about it in the Suggestions and Feedback forums so that the team will read it!

https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?249-Farm-Story-2-Suggestions-amp-Feedback

JustKay
01-23-20, 10:37 AM
A warning to everyone. Don?t be silly and do what I did. I purchased the bundle and now I can?t pick up anything I?ve made from the buildings as the purchased items count in the barn. I am 200 odd over my limit and am kind of stuck on Goal 3 as I need to collect an item from the Farmers Outpost but I can?t due to lack of space. Just giving you the heads up.

I guess they want u to purchase the bundle AND then purchase gems to buy barn upgrade parts :) are u maxed out on ur barn?

PookieBear50
01-23-20, 12:09 PM
Haven't been able to complete goal 2 because the Concave Mirrors aren't dropping. I wonder if I'll have enough time to complete this event (IF I ever get any more mirrors)...

raissawinda
01-23-20, 02:39 PM
Haven't been able to complete goal 2 because the Concave Mirrors aren't dropping. I wonder if I'll have enough time to complete this event (IF I ever get any more mirrors)...

Try craft the 7hrs Peaches and Cream, will reward you 1 Concave Mirror every 1 P&C. Let alone the Kitchen over night. My Chickens don't cooperate at all, only 2 or 1 Moon Cake drop from 12 eggs! I wish people can sell the Moon Cake, please.... ToT

PookieBear50
01-23-20, 03:32 PM
Okay, so if the pattern continues as usual, in the end we will need 25 each of the New Year Dragons, New Year Trees, and New Year Lanterns. So, start saving and buying and crafting, because in the end we will need:

375 Mooncakes
225 Red Envelopes
75 Concave Mirrors
50 Gold Ingots
75 Festive Flowers
75 Fortuitous Fans
50 Prosperous Coins

(Assuming my math is correct, of course.)

The best way to avoid maxing out your inventory is to start crafting whatever you can, as soon as you can, though it is probably best to wait until you reach Goal 5 and need to start "Giving" what you have crafted, and can better gauge how many more you need to craft.

raissawinda
01-23-20, 06:17 PM
Judy, what does the rabbit in the Food Kiosk do? It's 75 gems.

judyandthecat
01-23-20, 07:42 PM
Judy, what does the rabbit in the Food Kiosk do? It's 75 gems.

I don't know anyone that bought it yet.

The Foo Dog is awesome and animated and gives Event Items

raissawinda
01-23-20, 07:57 PM
I don't know anyone that bought it yet.

The Foo Dog is awesome and animated and gives Event Items

Yes it is! I was so surprised that the Foo Dog was dancing once I fed him the fireworks! For 5 hours if my brain serves me right.

syncler78
01-23-20, 08:31 PM
Is that the only thing we need the fireworks for? Feeding the Foo Dog?

ankavale1000
01-23-20, 08:44 PM
OMG! Started event late but am I surprised to see a Dancing Foo Dog on every farm. It is the BEST!
I am hoping it stays dancing even after event over. Fingers crossed because I want like a whole team of them on my farm. Woohoo!

- Thank you Stormie for a Lunar New Year event ... please keep the Foo Dog dancing forever!

JustKay
01-23-20, 09:42 PM
Anybody got any guesses on what the lunar treats do? Haven't the foggiest idea.

Hanja49
01-24-20, 02:52 AM
I collected eggs for aT least 5 times now, but I did not get 1 mooncake. I give up!

spring_peeper
01-24-20, 03:40 AM
I collected eggs for aT least 5 times now, but I did not get 1 mooncake. I give up!

Also gave up on the event very early on. Wasn?t getting anything from the chickens. Reading the overall collection requirements, it didn?t seem feasible. Besides, my barn is always full.

I wish instead of having an event so frequently, S8 would take time to plan out a new and interesting event. It?s either events centred around making insane collections, or the usual collect from deliveries, mines, fishing pond, pigs, etc.

judyandthecat
01-24-20, 06:16 AM
Note to players Giving Up
Don't keep playing.
You are doing farming things.
Gathering eggs, Passion Fruit Vines, etc
Make each item as you get enough for it.
But if you can get to Goal 4 THE REWARD IS A 100 GEM FOO DOG
He is animated.
Like just WOW
A lot of days left and more and more items will appear in the paper as Farmers finish.
Your barn will not overflow because you can even make them ahead.
Only thing you won't know how many you have made because they are invisible!

Goal 4
Red decorations are also used to celebrate the upcoming lunar new year! It's said that this colour will bring good luck and ward off any ill will!
Get 1 Fortuitous Fan - random drop planes
Get 1 Prosperous Coins - from mine
Make 1 New Year Lantern in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Foo Dog, 3 experience points

MiriellaBella
01-24-20, 07:18 PM
It?s pretty clear that the moon cakes are the limiting item. Looks like about 1-2 drops per hour. No way to collect enough to craft all the dragons for the event.
I see the expensive bonus pack contains mostly moon cakes.

PookieBear50
01-24-20, 07:37 PM
It?s pretty clear that the moon cakes are the limiting item. Looks like about 1-2 drops per hour. No way to collect enough to craft all the dragons for the event.

Perhaps...on the other hand, the Prosperous Coins from the Mine are not that easy to come by, not after several events that relied heavily on the Mine and mining tools to succeed in.

raissawinda
01-24-20, 10:40 PM

Can I help you? I've just sold 10 mooncakes this morning and 20 more to go... I quit joining this event, I have concave mirrors too and so on... 😊

HappyBunny09
01-25-20, 01:01 AM
as usual the chickens are not giving me anything but eggs, just another event i’m not gonna be able to finish so i’m done.

Fairyreserve
01-25-20, 08:39 AM
I'm getting a few moon cakes each collection, so slow yes, but it's chickens, not sheep; they reset every half hour, and their feed is quick. I'm finding lots of stuff in the newspaper, so that's really how I'm getting the items for crafting. The trick for this event and the ones like this is that you really do have to be a 24/7 player. If you're a casual player, this event isn't for you. You've gotta be on here constantly and maintaining all the time for this event to work for you, and even then it's going to be a huge challenge. The Foo dog gives several items when you feed it. Take a look at the rat. Is he that cute that you want him that much? If so, go for it. If not, skip it. There will be another event after this one. And after that one. And after that...

Paul__
01-25-20, 08:42 AM
Give 7 New Year Dragons
Give 7 New Year Trees
Give 7 New Year Lanterns
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points, RAT PET PRIZE

Paul__
01-25-20, 06:54 PM
A good tip is to set 30 minute timers if you do not have work or anything. I am sick this weekend so it’s been effective since I can’t do much.

kanajunroses
01-25-20, 08:27 PM
I lost over 100 gems when a pop up for the magic oranges popped up when I was tapping my buildings. I quit these challenges. I told S8 to return thegems and take back the stupid oranges. I'm sick and tired of losing gems do to their unpredictable pop ups. One or two ...I'll let it go but over 100 and then getting my request ignore... I QUIT PLAY THESE STUPID CHAllenges because takes up too much room and S8 ignored our earlier request for a sign that asked "are you sure you want to use the gems"? So boring repeat repeat nothing new.

PookieBear50
01-25-20, 09:08 PM
To buy, or not to buy? That is the question...

I am seriously thinking of buying another Foo Dog, not because I want the additional items (which would be helpful), but because when the event is over, I would then hopefully have two guardian Foo Dogs that I can place near the entrance to my Asia section of my farm. BUT...I also want to get a Food Kiosk and add the rabbit sitting there to my "tribunal." Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy both of them, and I really cannot afford to spend gems, not when I am striving diligently to FINALLY afford a Show Pony (except I somehow keeps spending a few gems here, a few gems there, and make very little forward progress).

What to do, what to do...?

ankavale1000
01-25-20, 09:21 PM

I am seriously thinking of buying another Foo Dog, not because I want the additional items, but because when the event is over, I would then hopefully have two guardian Foo Dogs that I can place near the entrance to my Asia section of my farm.
What to do..?

BUY You will not regret it!

PookieBear50
01-25-20, 09:58 PM
BUY You will not regret it!

Lol.

Maybe I will wait a couple of days in hopes that the price drops a bit.

Fairyreserve
01-25-20, 10:33 PM

I am seriously thinking of buying another Foo Dog, not because I want the additional items (which would be helpful), but because when the event is over, I would then hopefully have two guardian Foo Dogs that I can place near the entrance to my Asia section of my farm. BUT...I also want to get a Food Kiosk and add the rabbit sitting there to my "tribunal." Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy both of them, and I really cannot afford to spend gems, not when I am striving diligently to FINALLY afford a Show Pony (except I somehow keeps spending a few gems here, a few gems there, and make very little forward progress).

What to do, what to do...?

Purchase gems and buy the show pony. Rynetory2 gave me the best advice I've had in this game, which was that investing in the shown ponies was the best thing she'd ever decided to do. The return on your investment with 15 gems a week is significant and allows so much freedom for boosts later. For the price of lunch you can buy enough gems to buy a show pony.

MiriellaBella
01-25-20, 10:36 PM
I saw the post about hoping to have the dog prance around after the event. Mine does not walk around anywhere. It bounces in one spot only when fed a rocket. I would assume it will do nothing after the event because it will not receive rockets. Hopefully for those buying the dog don?t find this to be the case. For the last event the ballet cow and girl stopped dancing after the event but later Storm team re animated them in response to feedback, I assume.

PookieBear50
01-26-20, 01:58 AM
I saw the post about hoping to have the dog prance around after the event. Mine does not walk around anywhere. It bounces in one spot only when fed a rocket. I would assume it will do nothing after the event because it will not receive rockets. Hopefully for those buying the dog don?t find this to be the case. For the last event the ballet cow and girl stopped dancing after the event but later Storm team re animated them in response to feedback, I assume.

Some of the boost items, after the events ended, became still statues/decorations. Others remained animated. Some of the ones that stopped moving were reanimated after an appeal to S8. Others appear to be completely motionless until we tap on them. Perhaps we will be fortunate and they will remain animated without needing to tap on them. On the other hand, tapping on them to animate them is not a bad option either.

Mitzi111
01-26-20, 04:50 AM
curious... periodically during this event i am seeing a red 'thread' ? or 'tassel'? in the newspaper. What is that & where does it come from? I dont see it listed in the event items.

judyandthecat
01-26-20, 04:51 AM
curious... periodically during this event i am seeing a red 'thread' ? or 'tassel'? in the newspaper. What is that & where does it come from? I dont see it listed in the event items.

Prosperous Coins from the mine

Moissonor
01-26-20, 09:34 AM
Give 7 New Year Dragons
Give 7 New Year Trees
Give 7 New Year Lanterns
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points, RAT PET PRIZE

Bonjour,
When I have completed this morning, I need a Rodent Grotto or a Wildlife Den for the New Year Rat.
But ... my habitats are full. A new Rodent Grotto will be useful for the New Year Rat and the Teapot Mouse of the previous event.
Merci.

Lapetshop7
01-26-20, 12:41 PM
Finally on goal 7/9! The only thing that keeps holding me back is the new year dragon part. I only have to give 5 new year dragons to finish goal 7. The new year tree and new year lantern part is easy to do. I already have plenty of those made for the next 2 goals so hopefully I can get all the new year dragon ones finished before the goal is over!

JustKay
01-27-20, 04:25 AM
Yay, finished the goal just now! Just in time. I sense an LB coming. All thanks to the market place. Spent so much time hunting for parts. Good luck to everyone else!

judyandthecat
01-27-20, 05:08 AM
This goal is not required for the Lunar New Year. Completing this series of goals will reward you with a resource item!
Make 1 Stuffed Pepper
Give 10 Stuffed Pepper

Goal 2
Make 1 Milk Chocolate
Give 7 Milk Chocolate

Goal 3
Make 1 Raisin
Give 7 Raisin

Goal 4

Goal 5

Goal 6
Make 1 Almond Face Mask
Give 10 Almond Face Mask

kindefarm1890
01-27-20, 09:03 AM
I broke down and purchased the 75 gem food kiosik. I am a bit disappointed that it doesn't line up with the two other bunny eating decorations that I already have. The salad bar and mochi bunny decorations take up one space each while the new food kiosik takes 4 spaces. If S8 cannot change the size of the food kiosik then it will go into storage when the event is over.

S8 can you change the size of of the food kiosik to only fill one space?

PookieBear50
01-27-20, 12:24 PM
Finally to 7 of 9. Which means I need a total of 18 more Dragons, Trees, and Lanterns.

Except...as I type this, I already have finished at least 5 Trees and 5 Lanterns, and probably have done more. So, really, the sticking point now is the Dragons. Sigh.

(If my Chickens ever find out how many of their Eggs I'm discarding, they may go on strike and never provide me with Eggs again!)

jl0408
01-27-20, 02:50 PM
I'm stuck on "For Prosperity" 2/2. It says to place a lucky tangerine on the tangerine table. I won the tangerine table from the other part of the event. But it won't accept a lucky tangerine placed on the tangerine table. I have 4 lucky tangerines. It won't let me put the tangerine table back in my inventory either. I don't want it taking up my limited space if it's not even going to work.

judyandthecat
01-27-20, 03:35 PM
I'm stuck on "For Prosperity" 2/2. It says to place a lucky tangerine on the tangerine table. I won the tangerine table from the other part of the event. But it won't accept a lucky tangerine placed on the tangerine table. I have 4 lucky tangerines. It won't let me put the tangerine table back in my inventory either. I don't want it taking up my limited space if it's not even going to work.

You will be able to place it in the cellar when the event is over.

Lilliepaddd
01-27-20, 05:30 PM
I thought I was finished at 8/9. Noooo. I'm going to hurl..it's too much lol!

Fairyreserve
01-27-20, 06:47 PM
I just hunt and hunt and hunt for cakes. It's thrbonlybway to get enough.

suncatchers
01-28-20, 08:03 AM
Make 1 Stuffed Pepper
Give 10 Stuffed Pepper

Goal 2
Make 1 Milk Chocolate
Give 7 Milk Chocolate

Goal 3
Make 1 Raisin
Give 7 Raisin

Goal 4

Goal 5

Goal 6
Make 1 Almond Pudding
Give 10 Almond Pudding

For me, goal 6 is give 10 almond face masks, not almond pudding (level 76)

judyandthecat
01-28-20, 10:25 AM
For me, goal 6 is give 10 almond face masks, not almond pudding (level 76)

Wow thank you for catching
Why I wrote Almond Pudding no idea
I have a screenshot of Almond Face Mask

Thank you
Corrected

PookieBear50
01-28-20, 11:09 AM

Thank you
Corrected

Ugh. Face Masks. I am so glad that I started making Ground Cinnamon during the last event to prepare for the possibility that these might be requested (they weren't, but they could have been). AND that I did not start making Almond Pudding yet (close, though...I was making Orange Sugar for goal 4/6, or I'd be making Apple Sugar to prepare for 6/6 instead).

suncatchers
01-28-20, 11:27 AM

Thank you
Corrected

Glad I could help. It’s the least I could do after all the help you’ve given us with this forum! Good luck on the events!

jed1066
01-29-20, 08:51 AM
Bonjour,
When I have completed this morning, I need a Rodent Grotto or a Wildlife Den for the New Year Rat.
But ... my habitats are full. A new Rodent Grotto will be useful for the New Year Rat and the Teapot Mouse of the previous event.
Merci.
Same here I have pets in storage another wildlife den or another rodent grotto would be ideal
TIA

Lapetshop7
01-30-20, 06:36 AM
I don't think I will finish in time unless I start finding more of the items from the chickens for sale! Boo lol

peachtreeshoppe
01-30-20, 10:15 PM
I don't think I will finish in time unless I start finding more of the items from the chickens for sale! Boo lol

I am not playing the event but just saw it?s the moon cakes people really want, so I put mine in my shop and will continue to do so if anyone wants to add me. Good luck!

logansmil
01-31-20, 02:33 PM
The New Year Rat is soooooo cute. Good luck to everyone still playing this event... ,I will still collect from my chickens and put the moon cakes up for sale.

Fairyreserve
01-31-20, 10:16 PM
The New Year Rat is soooooo cute. Good luck to everyone still playing this event... ,I will still collect from my chickens and put the moon cakes up for sale.

Thnak you. I'm on the final step, and I think I should have enough time to finish. I'm actually looking most forward to being done so I can put my cakes up for others.

Fairyreserve
02-01-20, 11:40 AM
OK got my rat. He's cute. I'm gonna give my poor chickens a rest, then I'll go ahead and put up every cake I get.

Scalezzzz
02-01-20, 01:52 PM
Mooncakes are selling much slower than I expected 🤔
The rat is cute! Glad I didn?t give up half way through.
Good luck to everyone!

Fairyreserve
02-01-20, 02:34 PM
Mooncakes are selling much slower than I expected ��
The rat is cute! Glad I didn?t give up half way through.
Good luck to everyone!

I noticed the same. I think alot of ppl have given up, but now is the time for a resurgence, cuz there are ALOT of ppl who've either gotten their rat or, again, given up. Good strategy is to look for low level farms who can't reasonably achieve the rat and need barn space so sell their cakes, and/or buy mirrors, boats, and flowers whether u need them or not, then visit those farms tos we if they're selling moon cakes.

PookieBear50
02-01-20, 04:53 PM
Finally at 9/9. Found out when I arrived there that I had already crafted enough of the Trees and Lanterns that I was already done with those two requirements. Now I just need to finish the Dragons. Just started the first one, so 6 more to go.

Hopefully I will make it in time. I think the Chickens have caught onto the fact that I'm discarding more eggs than I am using or selling, and now they are being very greedy and not sharing their Mooncakes with me...

peachtreeshoppe
02-01-20, 08:17 PM
I noticed the same. I think alot of ppl have given up, but now is the time for a resurgence, cuz there are ALOT of ppl who've either gotten their rat or, again, given up. Good strategy is to look for low level farms who can't reasonably achieve the rat and need barn space so sell their cakes, and/or buy mirrors, boats, and flowers whether u need them or not, then visit those farms tos we if they're selling moon cakes.

Yes please! If you have the $$$ to support your local farmer, help them out and buy another set of items along w moon cakes! I?m continuing to harvest the chickens so people can buy the moon cakes, but how lovely it would be if the other two slots sold out too so I can clear inventory w/o discarding so much. (I just started Farm Story this week. Former bakery story and apparently former castle story too. It got boring.)

peachtreeshoppe
02-01-20, 08:42 PM
Wow if it was one of you that bought two slots of $1000/10 envelopes along with my moon cakes, thanks! I put out more moon cakes. (is there a way to see who bought it or just the icon?)

PookieBear50
02-03-20, 03:22 AM
Finally finished and received my New Year's Rat, just in time for bed. I'll get some sleep, and then continue collecting from my Chickens (who are threatening to go on strike if I don't start using more of their eggs) and do what I can to help other farmers in the morning and keep doing so until the event ends.

ankavale1000
02-03-20, 01:11 PM
Got an Ad saying “Golden Mouse available for a limited time” but no Golden Mouse in shop for me. Did I miss it already?

judyandthecat
02-03-20, 01:25 PM
Got an Ad saying “Golden Mouse available for a limited time” but no Golden Mouse in shop for me. Did I miss it already?

I also got the popup but no mouse

Woldawson
02-03-20, 01:31 PM

Same. No mouse.

judyandthecat
02-03-20, 03:07 PM
The Golden Mouse should be in your store now

liliyah007
02-03-20, 04:17 PM
Says I’ve reached my limit, but I don’t have a golden mouse?

judyandthecat
02-03-20, 04:20 PM
Says I’ve reached my limit, but I don’t have a golden mouse?

You need to be able to drag him into something to buy so you need a space empty
In one of the following:
Rodent Grotto
Wildlife Den

Paul__
02-03-20, 04:43 PM

Thank you sooo much Judy! I would've never seen this without you because I didn't go on today!

PookieBear50
02-03-20, 05:32 PM
In one of the following:
Rodent Grotto
Wildlife Den

Also, presumably, the Gentle Gazebo...

judyandthecat
02-03-20, 05:38 PM
Also, presumably, the Gentle Gazebo...

I didn't try but I would assume so

db1323
02-03-20, 06:25 PM

I don?t see any golden mouse in storage. A couple minutes ago it said limit was reached. I rebooted and now the store states it will cost 250 gems. Any help would be appreciated

judyandthecat
02-03-20, 06:51 PM
I don?t see any golden mouse in storage. A couple minutes ago it said limit was reached. I rebooted and now the store states it will cost 250 gems. Any help would be appreciated

That is the cost 250 gems.
It is not free but is only on sale for a few hours

Only a few minutes left to purchase

Minimalio
02-03-20, 09:09 PM
In one of the following:
Rodent Grotto
Wildlife Den
Habitat pieni....deposito pieno...perch? non rilasciare altri habitat ?? O meglio...perch? non mettere a disposizione un habitat particolare quando raggiungiamo uno obiettivo di gioco? Un habitat che sia identificabile per quello obiettivo (ad esempio il Topo di Capodanno in questo che sta finendo). Sarebbe bello poter liberare tutti i cuccioli dal deposito e destinarli ognuno ad un habitat specifico, unico diverso da quello che potremmo comprare comunque e sempre in negozio (a prescindere dal fatto che ora come ora sono habitat comunque al limite della loro capienza e quantit?)... Tutte le nostre fattorie avrebbero un fascino particolare....

judyandthecat
02-04-20, 02:24 AM
Habitat pieni....deposito pieno...perch? non rilasciare altri habitat ?? O meglio...perch? non mettere a disposizione un habitat particolare quando raggiungiamo uno obiettivo di gioco? Un habitat che sia identificabile per quello obiettivo (ad esempio il Topo di Capodanno in questo che sta finendo). Sarebbe bello poter liberare tutti i cuccioli dal deposito e destinarli ognuno ad un habitat specifico, unico diverso da quello che potremmo comprare comunque e sempre in negozio (a prescindere dal fatto che ora come ora sono habitat comunque al limite della loro capienza e quantit?)... Tutte le nostre fattorie avrebbero un fascino particolare....

Translation of above

Full habitats .... full storage ... why? do not release other habitats ?? Or rather ... why? not make a particular habitat available when we reach a game goal? A habitat that is identifiable for the objective one (for example the New Year's Mouse in this that is ending). It would be nice to be able to free all the puppies from the deposit and assign them each to a specific habitat, unique different from what we could buy anyway and always in the store (regardless of the fact that right now they are habitats anyway at the limit of their capacity and quantity?) ... All our farms would have a particular charm ....

peachtreeshoppe
02-04-20, 04:20 AM
Does anyone still need mooncakes? I will stop harvesting these for neighbors if people don’t need them. Please leave a note on my wall if you still want them.

I put a firecracker in my store as a placeholder to discard a few times while I searched for mooncakes on my full to the brim barn, and a couple times today they sold. Are those also an in demand item I should sell, or were they bot purchases?

PookieBear50
02-04-20, 06:29 PM
About 30 minutes to go...I really hope the Foo Dog remains animated after the event ends. I seriously considered buying a second Foo Dog if the price went down, but...it didn't, so I won't.

judyandthecat
02-04-20, 06:35 PM
About 30 minutes to go...I really hope the Foo Dog remains animated after the event ends. I seriously considered buying a second Foo Dog if the price went down, but...it didn't, so I won't.

I bought the second one!
Please Please let them stay animated.
You should have two in front of your house!
Google Foo Dog

PookieBear50
02-04-20, 06:36 PM
I bought the second one!
Please Please let them stay animated.
You should have two in front of your house!
Google Foo Dog

Should...would...could...but I need to save my gems. Oh well.

murphey9
02-04-20, 06:48 PM
With all these new “rodents” lately, being able to have more than one rodent grotto would be nice.

judyandthecat
02-04-20, 08:44 PM
Thank You Thank You
For keeping the Foo Dog animated!

So so glad I bought the second one!

PookieBear50
02-04-20, 10:47 PM
Thank You Thank You
For keeping the Foo Dog animated!

So so glad I bought the second one!

I am glad the Foo Dog remains animated :)

I only have the one, but I think--considering where I put it--that one is enough, lol. Take a look, if you want ;)

ankavale1000
02-05-20, 08:19 AM
Thank You
Foo Dogs are magnificent!!

Minimalio
02-05-20, 10:41 AM
Translation of above

Full habitats .... full storage ... why? do not release other habitats ?? Or rather ... why? not make a particular habitat available when we reach a game goal? A habitat that is identifiable for the objective one (for example the New Year's Mouse in this that is ending). It would be nice to be able to free all the puppies from the deposit and assign them each to a specific habitat, unique different from what we could buy anyway and always in the store (regardless of the fact that right now they are habitats anyway at the limit of their capacity and quantity?) ... All our farms would have a particular charm ....
Grazie per aver reso comprensibile quello che avevo espresso. Non so per quale motivo il mio pensiero italiano venga tradotto in maniera cos? buffa, e purtroppo poco comprensibile, nella traduzione in inglese (presumo). ? per me demotivante : rinuncio spesso ad intervenire in questo forum proprio per questa ragione...penso e scrivo una cosa e poi leggo una cosa diversa che non rispecchia appieno il mio pensiero...
Per questo mille grazie judyandthecat 😊