PDA

View Full Version : Ursa Major Leaderboard - 2020 Jan 1

judyandthecat
01-01-20, 07:44 PM
Oh my a Leaderboard too

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Zodiac Fountain - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Collect from your Hot Water Boiler - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 3 points
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Zodiac Fountain - 125 gems

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: Star Lamp
800: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1125: Yuletide Gift
1350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1625: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1900: Zodiac Fountain (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
2175: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2450: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2725: Deluxe Yuletide Gift
3000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
3225: Ursa Minor

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32
1775: Ursa Minor

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Ursa Major and Gold Trophy
2nd - Ursa Major and Silver Trophy
3rd - Bronze Trophy, Crystal Chimes, 10 expansion permits
4th to 6th - 10,000 coins, Crystal Chimes, 5 expansion permits
7th to 12th - 7,500 coins, 5 expansion permits
Consolation - 5,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event!

judyandthecat
01-01-20, 07:46 PM
Reserved for event information

PookieBear50
01-01-20, 07:53 PM
High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: Star Lamp
800: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1125: 1 Yuletide Gift (NOTE: This is NOT a Deluxe Yuletide Gift and will not count toward the
1350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1625: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
1900: 1 Zodiac Fountain (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
2175: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2450: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
2725: 1 Deluxe Yuletide Gift
3000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
3225: 1 Ursa Minor

Rank Prizes
1st - Ursa Major and Gold Trophy
2nd - Ursa Major and Silver Trophy
3rd - Bronze Trophy, Crystal Chimes, 10 expansion permits
4th to 6th - 10,000 coins, Crystal Chimes, 5 expansion permits
7th to 12th - 7,500 coins, 5 expansion permits
Consolation - 5,000 coins

PookieBear50
01-01-20, 08:00 PM
Sigh...did we really need another Leaderboard event NOW? Not only is my Barn getting filled up with all the hockey items, now it will get filled up with Bacon and whatever else I need to craft to collect points.

(And, naturally, my very first spin of the wheel gets me...a Dough Bait. Sigh.)

judyandthecat
01-01-20, 08:05 PM
Sigh...did we really need another Leaderboard event NOW? Not only is my Barn getting filled up with all the hockey items, now it will get filled up with Bacon and whatever else I need to craft to collect points.

(And, naturally, my very first spin of the wheel gets me...a Dough Bait. Sigh.)

I got a 1000 coins
Beings Leaderboard a shorter time at least they reduced points needed for final milestone prize

PookieBear50
01-01-20, 08:08 PM
I got a 1000 coins
Beings Leaderboard a shorter time at least they reduced points needed for final milestone prize

That is true, and I am glad for the chance at another Deluxe Yuletide Gift...but it doesn't change the fact my Barn is full to bursting. :(

BatCrzy2
01-01-20, 08:21 PM
I purchased the Zodiac Fountain and there’s no timer and no option to spend gems to end it early. Think it will show up after the first 2 hours?

judyandthecat
01-01-20, 08:28 PM
I purchased the Zodiac Fountain and there’s no timer and no option to spend gems to end it early. Think it will show up after the first 2 hours?

I don't know but that would be good news if it can't be speeded up with gems

ankavale1000
01-01-20, 08:53 PM
Gonna sit this one out. If spins can get me to 3225 great, if not ... there’s no shortage of leaderboards.

I’m interested in that 1125 points milestone regular Yuletide gift though, hope I can can get it.

draughnc
01-01-20, 10:03 PM

There is no timer on mine too. Hope I didn't waste gems.

BatCrzy2
01-01-20, 10:14 PM
There is no timer on mine too. Hope I didn't waste gems.
It’s been over 2 hours and it does nothing!

ankavale1000
01-01-20, 10:37 PM
I purchased the Zodiac Fountain and there?s no timer and no option to spend gems to end it early. Think it will show up after the first 2 hours?

Have you tried restarting game? That worked for me once before.
If issue continues, maybe you will want to post in bugs and issues. I didn?t buy it, else I would post.

BatCrzy2
01-01-20, 11:14 PM
Have you tried restarting game? That worked for me once before.
If issue continues, maybe you will want to post in bugs and issues. I didn?t buy it, else I would post.
Yes, I’ve started and even deleted and reinstalled the game. I will post in bugs & issues, thanks!

draughnc
01-02-20, 06:41 AM
Yes, I?ve started and even deleted and reinstalled the game. I will post in bugs & issues, thanks!

Me too. Still not working.

BatCrzy2
01-02-20, 02:38 PM
Me too. Still not working.

Mine just started working. Try restarting again. :)

htwpokemon
01-02-20, 04:46 PM
Any idea what the secret is to these leaderboard points? The top of my list has almost 3000 that just popped up after a couple hours! If it?s just from gems, I?d say that?s dedication and a disposable income 😁

queenetherea86
01-02-20, 04:53 PM
Someone please tell me how a person with a farm like this already has 3,000 leader points??? I have 3 pig pens and all the other buildings that have literally been going non stop and I?m no where near that amount. I smell a *****er.

https://imgur.com/a/xqNFrAc

queenetherea86
01-02-20, 04:56 PM
Any idea what the secret is to these leaderboard points? The top of my list has almost 3000 that just popped up after a couple hours! If it?s just from gems, I?d say that?s dedication and a disposable income 😁
I don?t understand either and just posted a question right below yours (I didn?t even see your comment). Either they?re spending A LOT of money on gems, or they?re *****ing somehow. I?ve honestly won every single leadership thing but have never gotten that many points so fast. I know how to win these things every single time, but I do it the honest way and it?s irritating that people like this have to come and ruin the game for others.

PookieBear50
01-02-20, 05:32 PM
Any idea what the secret is to these leaderboard points? The top of my list has almost 3000 that just popped up after a couple hours! If it?s just from gems, I?d say that?s dedication and a disposable income ��

Someone please tell me how a person with a farm like this already has 3,000 leader points??? I have 3 pig pens and all the other buildings that have literally been going non stop and I?m no where near that amount. I smell a *****er.

https://imgur.com/a/xqNFrAc

This does not usually happen for me on these events, but I jumped from about 660 points to over 3700 points following one lucky spin of the wheel. The two reasons I could do this are 1) the gaps between milestones is much lower this time because of the shorter time frame; and 2) I was lucky and instead of my usual luck (coins, etc.), I received a lot of Leaderboard points (between 400 and 500 each time).

As I said, I was lucky. And also, as I said, this does NOT usually happen for me...most likely I have just exhausted all my luck for 2020 (I hope not, but I probably have).

ankavale1000
01-02-20, 06:42 PM
Just want to chime in that someone on my board went from 39 points to 2190 points in like 30 seconds. I’m thinking same lucky deal as Pookiebear. Now, the question is where/when is my lucky spin ... can hardly wait

judyandthecat
01-02-20, 07:43 PM
Just want to chime in that someone on my board went from 39 points to 2190 points in like 30 seconds. I?m thinking same lucky deal as Pookiebear. Now, the question is where/when is my lucky spin ... can hardly wait

Me too
Leaders in my are yellow boosting.
Hope to get one of those spins

htwpokemon
01-02-20, 08:16 PM
Here?s hoping we all get the lucky spins! I?m not usually the lucky one- unless you?re wanting to build a giant fence lol

KojiMama
01-02-20, 08:52 PM
In Vegas this would be considered a rigged game. This is okay for things like collections where no one is in a competition but thousands of points in one spin is flat wrong and unfair to other players.

menps1
01-02-20, 09:27 PM
My friend in a group that top 1 get more than 17k in less than an hour. Not sure how luck plays in that case??

judyandthecat
01-02-20, 09:32 PM
I just did what PookieBear50 did.
Got a spin gave me enough points to reach a treasure chest which in turn took me to next one to next right to the end.
Unbelievable
Unbelievable unbelievable
Dancing with the kittens

Over 3000 points
With opening of 7 treasure chests!
Plus the spin

tere2322
01-02-20, 10:27 PM
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else on spin the wheel for current event: I waited the four hours before the next spin and gave it a whirl. The spinner stopped on a coppery treasure chest and gave me 1000 points. I was very surprised as I wasn?t aware that much could be won. As soon as I returned to the farm the points had not been credited (none whatsoever) and the spinner timer was reset for another four hour wait. I was very sad. Has anyone else had this happened to them?

ankavale1000
01-02-20, 10:28 PM
I just did what PookieBear50 did.
Got a spin gave me enough points to reach a treasure chest which in turn took me to next one to next right to the end.
Unbelievable
Unbelievable unbelievable
Dancing with the kittens

Over 3000 points
With opening of 7 treasure chests!
Plus the spin

That’s stellar, Judy! I got one big spin ... around 180, the rest two digits and a bait.

I hope I get the same luck as you and pookiebear, because I desperately want to experience that thrilling, once-in-a-FS2-lifetime, explosive, Non-Stop bullet ride to 3225 on FarmStory2 Express Space Shuttle.

Stormie, please hit the eject button and launch me to Ursa Minor already. Judy and her Cats, as well as Pookiebear, are waiting for me.

ankavale1000
01-02-20, 10:30 PM
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else on spin the wheel for current event: I waited the four hours before the next spin and gave it a whirl. The spinner stopped on a coppery treasure chest and gave me 1000 points. I was very surprised as I wasn?t aware that much could be won. As soon as I returned to the farm the points had not been credited (none whatsoever) and the spinner timer was reset for another four hour wait. I was very sad. Has anyone else had this happened to them?

Are u certain it’s 1000 points and not 1000 coins. Only asking cuz I’ve mistaken the two before.

kooky panda
01-03-20, 03:49 PM
I purchased the Zodiac Fountain and there?s no timer and no option to spend gems to end it early. Think it will show up after the first 2 hours?
I have reported this over.

Mitzi111
01-04-20, 05:40 AM
WOO HOO ! I got one of those lucky spins! Treasure chest after treasure chest! and now I have Ursa Minor roaming around my farm! YAY ! ! !

bubaxx
01-04-20, 06:50 AM
WOO HOO ! I got one of those lucky spins! Treasure chest after treasure chest! and now I have Ursa Minor roaming around my farm! YAY ! ! !

That just happened to me. I won 2450 points from 5 treasure chests.

Natasha_07
01-04-20, 09:56 AM
I just got the deluxe yuletide gift milestone and it gave me another menorah, sigh. I was hoping it could've been a pet. :(

ankavale1000
01-04-20, 01:28 PM
Felling left out as none of my farms caught the non-stop direct flight to Ursa Minor. I am sure of this because all my farms just got the Deluxe Yuletide gift, so inching in at the final mystery chest, no launch required at this point.

I noticed difference in outcome on those that caught the non-stop flight on my boards. Those that caught early (less than 1000 points) vs. Those that caught in 2nd phase (1000-2000). Those that caught early can reach anywhere between 3300-3900. Those that caught in 2nd phase can top over 4000. Maximum mileage on the non-stop is roughly 3000 points (based on my boards).

I’m hoping this new explosive type of LB is not going to be the norm. I don’t know if there’s a trick in catching the non-stop and I am just doing everything wrong or that Im just unlucky, or none of my farms were the chosen ones by algorithm, but I do know that, when my spins are around 50 and mystery chests give me coins, 3000 point lead is not easy to catch up to with just planes and trucks.

First LB of 2020 - Failure to Launch / Mechanical Failure (Fingers crossed my farms not pegged as just board fillers for this new type of LB)

Going back to my pigs, still need 500 points to get Ursa Minor.

dadrocky
01-05-20, 06:22 AM
This has been one crazy event. I did get Ursa minor, but it says I need a gentle gazebo. There are usually other housing options. Does anyone know what will work? I have read all the notes but nothing says.

Paul__
01-05-20, 08:17 AM
I’m giving up on this leaderboard. I’m spot 20 with around 4,000 points, yesterday I was 7. This is absurd. I’ve done everything to get more points but it’s not helping.

ankavale1000
01-05-20, 08:22 AM
This has been one crazy event. I did get Ursa minor, but it says I need a gentle gazebo. There are usually other housing options. Does anyone know what will work? I have read all the notes but nothing says.

These days, new pets come with housing instructions. While pet in cellar, click the tiny i and you will see where it can go. I’ve seen Ursa Minor in Metagalatic Meteorite on neighboring farms.

Lapetshop7
01-05-20, 10:09 PM
I worked hard and was in first place ever since this leaderboard started but yesterday all of these people that was way at the bottom just started appearing out of no where in 1-5 place. Now I'm in like 7th place. Sucks for the ones who worked hard for their spot.. Smh.. Oh well ....

Mitzi111
01-06-20, 05:20 AM

My Ursa Minor lives in the Wildlife Den !

Mitzi111
01-06-20, 05:23 AM
Question: Leadership board advertises ...'feed Ursa Minor to collect rewards and premium parts'. Is this happening for anyone? I am not seeing this on my farm when I feed him ???

judyandthecat
01-06-20, 06:31 AM
Question: Leadership board advertises ...'feed Ursa Minor to collect rewards and premium parts'. Is this happening for anyone? I am not seeing this on my farm when I feed him ???

It is a pet. So I am assuming that it is Random drops when feeding.
Anywhere from coins, building parts, expansion parts and I love love love the gem drops.

He lives with two other pets in the wildlife den I didn't pay attention when I swiped the pail but will on next swipe.

ankavale1000
01-06-20, 11:57 AM

All pets (exotic and regular) advertise this. You can check while they are in cellar. My interpretation is that rewards mean coins or gem. Premium parts mean tools or papers. When you collect from a pet, Ursa Minor for example, you get coins, gem, tool or paper.

PookieBear50
01-07-20, 07:14 PM
Finished in 7th place. Someone just wanted 6th place more than I did and had the gems to claim it. Oh well. At least I can go back to farming normally now (for about 20 hours, anyway).

judyandthecat
01-07-20, 07:30 PM
Finished in 7th place. Someone just wanted 6th place more than I did and had the gems to claim it. Oh well. At least I can go back to farming normally now (for about 20 hours, anyway).

I got all the milestone prizes so am happy but placed out of the other prizes.
Next time!

kindefarm1890
01-08-20, 05:45 AM
Ended up in 4th place and am happy with the spinner just wish it could be two. I have noticed over time the bear cubs seem to be growing in size. First we had the polar bear cubs, which I liked the small size, then the panda cub which was a little bigger and now Ursa Minor is still larger.

S8 I know that there are still players that need the old expansion papers but there are a number of us older players that need new expansion papers. It would be nice if some of the LB events included the new expansion papers. The same goes for the limited packages. I will never spend real money to buy items in a package that I will just put in the shop.