PDA

View Full Version : Hate The Energy Refill!

sophiacml
04-21-11, 02:52 AM
Not only the game has to plant food to feed the animals but the game makes us more difficult to even have to wait for the energy refills like in Treasure Story! Is there any ways to gain energy faster like collecting treasures in TS?

FarmofBen
04-21-11, 02:59 AM
I couldn't agree more, the energy refill is so annoying, we should be able to increase our maximum energy by spending cash.

sophiacml
04-21-11, 03:04 AM
What's the purpose anyway? Really annoying to wait forever to tap everything. Still can't figure out what's really going on with the game! Dxxx!

sapirh19930
04-21-11, 05:37 AM
Well, I know that when you visit a neighbor you get 1 energy + 2 stars\20 coins. Just like in RS.

kooky panda
04-21-11, 04:26 PM
I wish they would waive the energy for harvesting crops. I lost a field of carrots.

linda_xxx
04-21-11, 04:33 PM
Waiting on the refills may put me off the game completely, will give it a few more days and see how it goes. Only played treasure story for a couple of days for the same reason.

Rachael98
04-21-11, 04:36 PM
TeamLava! Attention needed! -Severely and urgently!

kooky panda
04-21-11, 04:36 PM
Waiting on the refills may put me off the game completely, will give it a few more days and see how it goes. Only played treasure story for a couple of days for the same reason.

yes that is why I also dropped treasure story early. Very sad that this one thing can ruin an otherwise very cute game.

trenae
04-21-11, 04:49 PM
I guess I'm just used to energy requirements having played all the Storm8 apps. At first I was a bit concerned with the management part of this idea for this app, but if you get together a system for it it's actually not all that bad.

I'll be the first to say, I'm a very impatient person, and I want to be able to do it all and now (games help me with that problem a bit lol), but I have got a system for ZS, I have a bunch of food planted, but I'm using more then one, and spreading out when they will need to be collected. It's actually turned out pretty good.

The energy requirement doesn't bother me now that I have it worked out.

sophiacml
04-21-11, 04:58 PM
Guess I have to learn it from you. Very optimistic. Patient is virtue.
I guess I'm just used to energy requirements having played all the Storm8 apps. At first I was a bit concerned with the management part of this idea for this app, but if you get together a system for it it's actually not all that bad.

I'll be the first to say, I'm a very impatient person, and I want to be able to do it all and now (games help me with that problem a bit lol), but I have got a system for ZS, I have a bunch of food planted, but I'm using more then one, and spreading out when they will need to be collected. It's actually turned out pretty good.

The energy requirement doesn't bother me now that I have it worked out.

trenae
04-21-11, 05:02 PM
Guess I have to learn it from you. Very optimistic. Patient is virtue.

Uh oh... we might be in trouble. :p

But for now, for ZS, try to plant food that is going to need to be collected at different times. I have 3 going right now. I have cabbage, potatoes, and lettuce. The time in between all those is spaced enough to work well with. :) I think part of the key is seeing how it will work for you.

I collect the coins from animals at a different time then I do the food. Sort of like scheduled rounds if you will. :) Try it out and see if maybe you can find a way to work it for you.

*I'm still learning the patience is a virtue thing. :p

talyon
04-21-11, 05:15 PM
Let's face it they have tried to make ZS more then just a mindless tap tap game. It now involves a little strategy to make things work out. Not rocket science.

sophiacml
04-21-11, 05:48 PM
Thing is, IS JUST A GAME. Some peoples prefer less challenging & some enjoy the rocket science. Haha... I guess we just have to accept it. Appreciate it at least is a new game but hate the old games being neglected. My island neighbors list just shrinking!

sehana
04-21-11, 06:27 PM
yea i don't like the energy part that much either. they could just remove the part where the crops use up energy.

lesleypsg1
04-22-11, 05:20 AM
This energy thing is what may lose me for this game....just lost some crops. As I just started, no nbrs yet to visit to gain energy.

This was not a good aspect to build into the game. So far....thumbs down

lesleypsg1
04-22-11, 05:22 AM
At least I got free gems for my other games so not too upset. Just can't see playing this one for long with that energy meter

kooky panda
04-22-11, 08:30 AM
I thought I had it all planned this morning to bring in crops and feed with full energy. Now I find you can only store 5000 food at one time.
Oh well through off my plans. lol

ahshan
04-22-11, 12:33 PM
This whole energy thing is throwing me off. It takes a shorter time for the animals to have money to be collected, but the energy refills extremely slow.
Maybe I'd be fine if it was ready in like an hour or something. And the maximum amount of energy is so low that when I was quickly collecting crops, I lost all my gems by buying that Energy Refill thing. And this happened 20 mins after starting the game... not even an hour. I was going to buy that cute crocodile :(

GroupMagma
04-22-11, 01:16 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response.
We've definitely heard a lot of feedback about the Energy issue, and we're currently looking into ways to make it more streamlined and intuitive.

In the meantime, keep in mind that you can get Energy packs via Gifts, and you also get Energy from visiting other Zoos. :)

justshasha
04-22-11, 01:31 PM
Yes, but you also need to be gifted the items need to build the service buildings so only so much you can gain that way.

headowner
04-22-11, 02:07 PM
haha i agree it's very annoying, but if don't have this i think it too easy to up lv. and not so long people will be bored the game (sorry for my english)

ahshan
04-22-11, 02:49 PM
I think the refill meter gets +1 energy every 2 mins now instead of 4 or 5 mins.
I also noticed a few other changes that have been made in the game. Store over 5000 food and higher maximum animal exhibits (8 instead of 6)

TheFluffySlipper
04-22-11, 05:08 PM
Well, I know that when you visit a neighbor you get 1 energy + 2 stars\20 coins. Just like in RS.

It's actually two energy per neighbour visit. My problem was that I usually prefer 30 - 50 neighbours so that certainly puts a cap on my amount per day. I'll have to get used to hundreds of neighbours again I suppose lol.

I think what makes this game so different, just as with TS is that it is far more interactive ... which suits a lot of people (I'd say the littlies love it). The other stories are essentially just 'fill up and go' styles but this one is more of a sit and play. Not sure if it's for me yet ...

My question is though: does the energy quota raise in higher levels? I'm only allowed 26 energy at the moment. Anyone higher than that?

TheFluffySlipper
04-22-11, 05:11 PM
... and higher maximum animal exhibits (8 instead of 6)

Hey ahshan. I think that depends on your expansion. Mine changed from 6 to 8 on the first expansion. I could be wrong though ... it could have just been my timing ;)

Rachael98
04-22-11, 05:12 PM
It's actually two energy per neighbour visit. My problem was that I usually prefer 30 - 50 neighbours so that certainly puts a cap on my amount per day. I'll have to get used to hundreds of neighbours again I suppose lol.

I think what makes this game so different, just as with TS is that it is far more interactive ... which suits a lot of people (I'd say the littlies love it). The other stories are essentially just 'fill up and go' styles but this one is more of a sit and play. Not sure if it's for me yet ...

My question is though: does the energy quota raise in higher levels? I'm only allowed 26 energy at the moment. Anyone higher than that?

I'm not higher, but yes, it goes higher. You start off with 17 don't you?

illusive7
04-22-11, 06:03 PM
What the hell is the point of this?! Theirs already plenty to do at the zoo like breeding, feeding, collecting coins, visiting zoos & planting crops... why the Energy Refill and what the hell fills it?! You think you'd get energy from growing crops... Ugh.. annoying... may be the first TeamLava game I delete w/i 24 hrs... I'm on Empire, City & Nightclub story and their not this bad... wow, this is rough...

missrose12
04-22-11, 06:13 PM
the energy refill is sooooooooo annoying!!
and also tapping the buildings a million times just to build which takes up MORE energy.
why must everything take energy?
we dont need it for making food in bakery & restaurant.
what about having the crops add energy everytime theyre ready for harvest (instead of taking up energy) ? just a suggestion.

ahshan
04-22-11, 07:21 PM
Hey ahshan. I think that depends on your expansion. Mine changed from 6 to 8 on the first expansion. I could be wrong though ... it could have just been my timing ;)

It's not on expansion cause I got the game on my other iPod and it was 8 instead of 6.
It's good to know they're making things better as we complain :)

RageofMars
04-23-11, 01:52 AM
The energy problem can be fixed by making many neighbors and visiting them once a day. You can get 2 energy and 2 XP per visit per day (start off at 1 enerygy and 1 xp per visit, but increase to 2 eventually). If you make enough neighbors, it shouldn't be a problem to complete buildings and harvesting crops.

It is time consuming vising each and every neighbor so you can get the maximum amount of energy needed to complete your tasks. But all TL games are time-consuming social games, so it's all apart of the design.

Since the game is new, so everyone is sharing their ID. Finding a handful of dedicated neighbor shouldn't be too hard.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 01:47 PM
haha i agree it's very annoying, but if don't have this i think it too easy to up lv. and not so long people will be bored the game (sorry for my english)

Your English isn't that bad. Only the uncapitalised I mistake, which I think was intentional and the it which I have highlighted. It should be it is or it's.

On the thread and poll subject, I agree that it's annoying, especially when you start the game and you only have (?)17 and you have to build up a zoo from scratch. As you level up, you have less to do and more energy, but it's not very popular or very fun.

BlakBeard
04-24-11, 06:30 PM
I only got the game for the free gem offer. I knew about the "Energy" that's why I didn't jump on this game when it first came out. The energy meter made TS a pain and I didn't even start ZS for the same reason.

TheRealAtropos
04-24-11, 09:07 PM
The game was "ok" with the 2 minute energy timer we had yesterday. The 3 minute timer today is proving to be a huge pain and I spend far too much time waiting around to harvest crops or collect money from bears. Yesterday I was getting 720 moves per day, assuming I didn't sleep or take breaks. Today only 480, and every time I harvest and feed animals I have to stretch it out over hours rather than doing it all at once.

Yeah yeah, I know what you are saying. "Add more neighbors for the free energy!" Well, I have over 100 neighbors, and even that's not enough. It's too tedious to keep manually typing codes (multiple times, thanks to autocorrect. Why can't AC be disabled on that box? Why do I have to type codes at all instead of just clicking a request button by their name?). And it's tedious to have to keep going through my neighbor list looking for people I added earlier in day to get the free energy they owe me (why can't the list remember where I left off? Or distinguish people I've already watered or visited??). I'm getting burned out on this game faster than the others so far, and this is only my third day playing. It's just discouraging to see the same sloppy design we've been complaining that's never been addressed about since Farm Story.

Otherwise, I guess I like the game so far.

Just_Ducky
04-25-11, 11:35 AM
For some reason I haven't figured out, sometimes my energy is nearly gone and poof, I get a full 30 again. ( I think it's going up with levels?). It's nice when it happens but it's pretty random. Most of the time though it just drains and then I have to wait. I have specific times of day I play my stories (I do have a life outside games lol) and with 6 stories I don't have time to be buggering about with energy while trying to be a good neighbour too. The energy kept me from playing TS and it's much higher to start with and it may be the deal breaker for this game even though otherwise I quite like it. Please make it easier or remove it all together, harvesting crops shouldn't be something that takes energy, we have to do it and our crops wither if we run out of energy. NOT koser since I paid good coin for those crops!

trenae
04-25-11, 11:38 AM
For some reason I haven't figured out, sometimes my energy is nearly gone and poof, I get a full 30 again. ( I think it's going up with levels?). It's nice when it happens but it's pretty random. Most of the time though it just drains and then I have to wait. I have specific times of day I play my stories (I do have a life outside games lol) and with 6 stories I don't have time to be buggering about with energy while trying to be a good neighbour too. The energy kept me from playing TS and it's much higher to start with and it may be the deal breaker for this game even though otherwise I quite like it. Please make it easier or remove it all together, harvesting crops shouldn't be something that takes energy, we have to do it and our crops wither if we run out of energy. NOT koser since I paid good coin for those crops!

You receive energy when you visit a neighbors zoo, you also get a refill on energy when you level up. So if you were on lets say level 10 and had 3 energy left, and you leveled to level 11, you would then have full energy again.

You also seem to get a higher energy as you level up (meaning it does not stay at what it was when you first started the game). The energy requirement actually is not too bad.