PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wrap-up : World Event - Dec 10 2019

deadpixel
12-10-19, 12:25 PM
https://i.ibb.co/kQBtn5q/3-D6-FF1-EC-F455-4-A01-A7-D8-18-E3-EC33555-F.jpg

In the Winter Wrap-up event, you and other players will collect Chilly Hearts to earn individual and community prizes!

You can earn Chilly Hearts by doing the following:

Earn up to 1000 points by raising a Grand Amber Dragon to level 10
5x points for winning battles
3x points for Breeding your dragons
1x Hatching dragons from your nests
1x Harvesting food at your Farms
3x Evolving your dragons
Obtaining the Everchill Flake and Everchill Wards decorations

Hatch or craft the Grand Amber Dragon and send it on the Terror's Heart, Terror's Mind, and Terror's Hand Adventures to earn many points!

Once you collect enough Chilly Hearts to earn the first individual prize, the second individual prize will unlock. After the community collectively gathers enough Chilly Hearts to earn a community prize, all players who have collected enough Chilly Hearts to be eligible will receive it. Your Prizes will be placed in your storage. Have fun!

https://i.ibb.co/P6jv00D/9-F298617-FBE6-4496-A732-9-A676-C6-AF098.jpg

Individual Prizes

Prize
Hearts
Description

Everchill Flake
 https://i.ibb.co/qg3ZnnC/Everchill-Flake.png

  

 Visit your Everchill Flake
 every 4 hours to collect
 15 Chilly Hearts

  

Chilly Gem
    https://i.ibb.co/SNH6S8X/Treat-Gem.png

  

 Use these to craft your
 Grand Amber Dragon
 during the Chilly
 Climate Event

Everchill Wards
 https://i.ibb.co/xfJvwH5/Everchill-Wards.png

  

 Visit your Everchill
 Wards every 4 hours
 to collect 100 Treat
 Hearts

Frostborn Dragon
https://i.ibb.co/8DzBy5K/Frostborn-Epic.png

  

 Rarity: Super Rare
 Type: Holiday, Blue
 Incubation: 15 hours

Winterchill Dragon
https://i.ibb.co/7yg2sfL/Winterchill-Epic.png

  

 Rarity: Ultra Rare
 Type: Holiday, Purple
 Incubation: 20 hours

washman1963
12-10-19, 12:30 PM
No option to craft the dragon this time?

astrid_s
12-10-19, 12:47 PM
No option to craft the dragon this time?

I don't have that option either and am really hoping they just overlooked it. I'm holding off on playing in order to make sure I get the crafting items...not sure if they are being rewarded:eek:

washman1963
12-10-19, 01:12 PM
Sadly, I already collected. Guess I'm skipping this event.

NeidusBluetip
12-10-19, 01:27 PM
Sadly, I already collected. Guess I'm skipping this event.

Same here. Really upset because there goes a crapload of points from hatching 3 eggs, 2 evos and crops??

deadpixel
12-10-19, 01:39 PM
I don't have that option either and am really hoping they just overlooked it. I'm holding off on playing in order to make sure I get the crafting items...not sure if they are being rewarded:eek:

I see the crafting items being awarded but can't tell if they're being accumulated. I'm currently at 1,800+ points and have been awarded all the milestone prizes.

We'll just have to wait for one of the staff or mods to notice the issue and report it up.

NeidusBluetip
12-10-19, 07:30 PM
I see the crafting items being awarded but can't tell if they're being accumulated. I'm currently at 1,800+ points and have been awarded all the milestone prizes.

We'll just have to wait for one of the staff or mods to notice the issue and report it up.

It seems they've tallied properly, but the other thing that I'm miffed about is that amount of time that was lost for requesting the bloody material from your neighbours. I have like, 25 out of 250 because the stupid issue wasn't resolved until later.

washman1963
12-10-19, 11:56 PM
Yeah, it didn't tally the coins. 25+ hour setup completely wasted. Ugh. Thanks again, S8.

lily684
12-13-19, 04:21 PM
Will there be another event this month or is this it? I was hoping for an event offering some Christmas type dragons.

mymonta
12-13-19, 04:35 PM
Will there be another event this month or is this it? I was hoping for an event offering some Christmas type dragons.

HI Lily684, and welcome to the forum! Dragon Story has constant events. There is never a break between them. As you can see, our current event is a World Event which started on Tuesday, December 10. World Events always run for 7 days, so the next new event will start on Tuesday, December 17. It will be a Leaderboard event. It will also run for 7 days. The following event will be a Dragon Tales (also called a Storybook), and should start on Tuesday, December 24. Dragon Tales always last for 10 days. This is the repeating pattern, so you can always count on 7 days of World Event followed by 7 days of Leaderboard followed by 10 days of Dragon Tales. So we get about 3.5 events per month.

What kind of Christmas dragons were you hoping for?

lily684
12-13-19, 09:02 PM
Thanks for explaining! Good to know there is still time. I would love to see a Christmas ornament dragon, a gingerbread dragon and a Christmas candle dragon.

MajicHearts
12-16-19, 05:49 AM
Wonder if we will get the last two community prizes? Wonder if S8 is "on top" of things...???

kanajunroses
12-17-19, 08:05 AM
it now has been one year of trying to get community prizes and always close but never getting enough points.....quitting this type of event...not worth the over extending the play time.

mymonta
12-17-19, 11:07 AM
it now has been one year of trying to get community prizes and always close but never getting enough points.....quitting this type of event...not worth the over extending the play time.

It is difficult to finish, even when you try really hard sometimes. I made sure that my accounts had nests and evolution flowers and such full before the event started so that I could get off to a good start. 2 of my 3 accounts did get the final prize, but on one of them it was only because I cashed in some of my breeding and hatching boosts which I determined to be worth it because it also helped me with Bingo (although that is kind of backwards thinking - why cash in boosts in hopes of getting more boosts?). I really don't know what I did wrong on my third account to not meet the final goal.

At any rate, I share your frustration. Just make sure to have everything pre-stocked before the event so you can get a strong start, and use boosts if you have them. Oh, and the other thing that can make or break the event is how quickly you get the required dragon to feed up for 1000 points. My old account wouldn't have finished if it hadn't managed to breed the event dragon fairly early. I had to craft it on my other accounts, which slowed things down. Probably why account 3 didn't finish.

swannygirl
12-17-19, 11:55 AM
I am so upset with myself! I was 100 points away from the ultra rare dragon. I had 15 minutes left to harvest my last crops and evolutions... and then got distracted by some toys I was getting for my niece and nephew for Christmas (was in the middle of the store at the time). By the time I came to my senses I was 5 minutes too late! Would have been the first time I actually got the ultra rare from the world event :(

mymonta
12-17-19, 03:39 PM
Thanks for explaining! Good to know there is still time. I would love to see a Christmas ornament dragon, a gingerbread dragon and a Christmas candle dragon.

There is a Gingerbread dragon that was released in previous years. It is white, green, and red elements, and you could craft it in the Codex. It is a Rare, so it would cost 400 Essence to craft. There is also a Christmas ornament dragon, but I don't know if it is what you would expect (basically a big round ball). It is yellow and red and a Super Rare, so it takes 800 Essence to craft.

There's a Candle dragon, but it is more for Halloween and does not look very candle-like to me. It's a Super Rare and has the Spooky type in it.

mymonta
12-17-19, 03:40 PM
I am so upset with myself! I was 100 points away from the ultra rare dragon. I had 15 minutes left to harvest my last crops and evolutions... and then got distracted by some toys I was getting for my niece and nephew for Christmas (was in the middle of the store at the time). By the time I came to my senses I was 5 minutes too late! Would have been the first time I actually got the ultra rare from the world event :(

Ugh! I'm so sorry! I had that happen to me with something I worked hard to get in Fantasy Forest Story. I just up and forgot to go back in and Harvest Food to get my Neapolitiger.

sophiensissi
12-17-19, 04:28 PM

If you craft or breed the dragon and raise it to level 10, you get an automatic 1,000 points. And, send it on quests for a lot more points. This seems to be the only way to get those last two dragons without spending a lot of gold. I only get the last dragon if I breed or craft that dragon in the first 1-2 days. This time I didn’t quite make it for the last one, but it took me 4 days to craft the dragon needed. Too many fails.

sophiensissi
12-17-19, 04:30 PM

That is very frustrating, I’m sorry! I was about 600 from getting the final dragon and didn’t want to spend gold to speed up so I just saved my stuff for leaderboard. Then, I got in a very tough group for leaderboard, so I’m pretty much out on that one too. Just getting the prizes and done.