PDA

View Full Version : Build a Snowman Event - 2019 Dec 4

judyandthecat
12-04-19, 03:34 PM
Oh oh a snowman for Christmas

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Some items can be traded
3. Some items are invisible
4. Recipes do not appear until you are on the goal it is in

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Event Items Found:
Snowballs - from Snowman on farm
Snow Shovels - from planes
Snow Pile - buy from market
Winter Gift - use snow shovel on Snow Pile
Festive Present - Pigs
Shimmering Tokens - Maple Trees
Icy Offering - from Mine
Cold Bounty - from fishing

Goal 1 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
Someone has been leaving Snowmen around the farm, can you investigate and find any clues?
Get 3 Sparkly snowballs.
Drop from tapping the Snowman popping up on farm
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
Morgan, I think that's a magic Snowman! No one is building it. I bet it's here to leave us some gifts! I'm going to go looking.
Make 5 plane deliveries
Get 1 Snow Shovel. Random drop from planes.
Buy 1 Snow Pile from the market

Goal 3 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
There are presents everywhere! I can't wait to find them all! I think we should make some gifts for the Snowman as a thank you.
Put a shovel in the snow pile
Get 1 Winter Gift from the Snow Pile (takes 1 hour)
Make 12 mittens in the deep fryer

Recipe for Mittens - These are invisible
15 minutes in the Deep Fryer
3 snowballs
1 winter gift

Goal 4 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
That's a good idea, Piper. If this magic Snowman truly exists, let's welcome it with some nice warm gifts!
Get 10 Bacon from pigs
Get 1 Festive Present from pigs
Make 3 scarves (in bakery)
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Chicken Snow Pile, 3 experience points

Recipe for Scarves (invisible)
30 minutes in Bakery
6 Snowballs
2 Winter Gifts
2 Festive Presents
2 Apple Sugar

Goal 5 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
We can make some mini-snowmen with some kits to help make the magic Snowman wandering around the farm, feel at home!
Get 1 bread from the bakery
Make 4 Snowman Kits in the Kitchen

Recipe for Snowman Kits (invisible)
30 minutes in the Kitchen
8 Snowballs
3 Winter Gifts
3 Festive Presents
1 Bread

Goal 6 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
A nice hat would be good for the Snowman! I bet it loves hats!
Collect from Maple Trees 5 times
Get 1 Shimmering Token from Maple Trees
Make 3 Top Hats in the Kitchen

Recipe for Top Hats (invisible when made)
1 hour in Kitchen
12 Snowballs
6 Winter Gifts
5 Festive Presents
1 Shimmering Token

Goal 7 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...
Get 1 Cold Bounty from fishing
Get 1 Icy Offering from the mine
Make 1 Snowman Treats in the Studio
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 pig in a Snow Pile, 3 experience points

Recipe for Snowman Treats now appears
1 hour 30 minutes in the studio
10 Cold Bounty
18 Festive Presents
4 Shimmering Token
6 Icy Offering

Goal 8 of 8: I Want To Build a Snowman...

HEADS UP !!

Goal 8/8
Get Snowglobe 1
Give Snowglobe 4
Give Snowman Treats 1

Rewards 200 coins, NOT WORTHY DECO!, 3xp

DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING HERE!!

I nearly gave my snowman treat here. Be very cautious !!!

The prize is a wooden blue sign of some sort. Unless someone else tells me the sign is a pet, I’m skipping 8/8.

The Snowman Is a real pet.

It lives in a brand new habitat - the Snow Park (3000 coins).
The new habitat is released after u get a Snowman. There was a bit of delay on my end for it to show up in shop. So, wait a bit.

The Snowman hops around just like the visitors! Super Cute!

Thank you Stormie!

Side Goal (optional) (if any)
Winter's a Good Time
Want better chances at items from the Snowman? Place the Snowman Xing on your farm and you'll get boosted chances at Shimmering Snowball, Winter Gift, Festive Present and Shimmering Token.
Buy the Snowman Xing from the Market for 100 gems

Event Prizes
Let's Go and Play
The Magic Snowman is really cool! I bet we could make the Snowman comfortable enough for it to stay!
Visit 20 Farmers
Give 5 Snowglobes (made in Studio)
Give 1 Snowman Treats (made in studio)
REWARDS: 1000 coins, 1 Snowman, 30 experience points

Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost (if any)
(Name of boost)
Snowman Xing - 100 Gems

judyandthecat
12-04-19, 03:34 PM
Reserved for event information

judyandthecat
12-04-19, 03:53 PM
Recipes
These items when made are invisible
They cannot be traded but you can trade the items needed to make them.
The easiest way to check on how many you have made is go to the Studio and click on the Snow Globe.

Recipe for Mittens (invisible)
3 snowballs
1 winter gift

30 minutes in Bakery
6 Snowballs
2 Winter Gifts
2 Festive Presents
2 Apple Sugar

8 Snowballs
3 Winter Gifts
3 Festive Presents
1 Bread

1 hour in Kitchen
12 Snowballs
6 Winter Gifts
5 Festive Presents
1 Shimmering Token

Recipe for Snowman Treats appears with Goal 7
10 Cold Bounty
18 Festive Presents
4 Shimmering Token
6 Icy Offering

Recipe for Snow Globe
2 hours in the Studio
12 Mittens
5 Scarves
2 Snowman Kits
1 Top Hat

Once the goals are completed you can make these items ahead!
For 5 Snow Globes you will need the following items:
60 mittens
25 Scarves(Snowman Scarves)
10 Snowman Kits
5 Top Hats

PookieBear50
12-04-19, 05:39 PM
Darn...missed the flavor text again.

Let's Go and Play!
Visit 20 farmers.
Give 5 Snowglobes (made in the Studio)
Give 1 Snowman Treats (made in the Studio)
Reward: 1000 coins, 1 Snowman, 30 xp

You're Always Welcome!
Get a Chicken Snow Pile for a chance at a Winter Gift, Festive Present, and Shimmering Token!
Have 1 Chicken Snow Pile
Reward: 200 coins, 3 xp

inara_24
12-04-19, 09:58 PM
The Snowman has given me presents a few times. I can use them in the deep fryer to make mittens.

BatCrzy2
12-04-19, 10:12 PM
I already have a headache! The only way to get shovels is from plane deliveries? So far it’s about 1 shovel for every 10 deliveries....this will take forever! :(

KojiMama
12-05-19, 05:31 AM
The only way to complete this is to either spend significant amount of game money on snow piles or gems on a snow pile, which doesn’t specify how many uses it has in the description. Before I do that I need to know what we get at the end of this. I read the thread but it only gives the first few goals. If I’m going to complete this I need to start now so we all need to know what is in the pot at the end of this rainbow. I didn’t see it above and might have missed it in all the game pop ups we have to endure. What is the prize?

judyandthecat
12-05-19, 05:54 AM
The only way to complete this is to either spend significant amount of game money on snow piles or gems on a snow pile, which doesn’t specify how many uses it has in the description. Before I do that I need to know what we get at the end of this. I read the thread but it only gives the first few goals. If I’m going to complete this I need to start now so we all need to know what is in the pot at the end of this rainbow. I didn’t see it above and might have missed it in all the game pop ups we have to endure. What is the prize?

In your to do list also in post 1
I put up the goals as I reach them

Let's Go and Play
The Magic Snowman is really cool! I bet we could make the Snowman comfortable enough for it to stay!
Visit 20 Farmers

judyandthecat
12-05-19, 06:59 AM
Remember don't use the items needed to complete a goal for another recipe.
Completing the Goal gives you the next recipe.
Like for goal 6 you need 3 Top Hats.
If you decide to start making a snow globe when that first top hat pops out it will be removed from the three you need so please wait until you complete the goal.
You will need bread and apple sugar in some of the recipes so buy it from the newspaper or make it while waiting on event items needed.
That Snowman looks awesome!

raissawinda
12-05-19, 07:03 AM
I think this time challenge is so hard to complete. The snowman does look awesome but I don't have enough coins (for the snow piles) and time to finish the goals. Also, the deliveries don't always bring home the shovels we need. This Xmas I feel so heartbroken....

lennumber1
12-05-19, 08:30 AM
Is there a pet at the end of the goals. Is the snowman a decoration.

judyandthecat
12-05-19, 09:33 AM
Is there a pet at the end of the goals. Is the snowman a decoration.

Unknown until someone reaches the end and posts.

I think it is a pet like the Pumpkin man but that is I think.

inara_24
12-05-19, 10:15 AM
I’ve received gifts from the pond as well. There are so many different “gifts” that I’m not sure where I get specific ones.

queenetherea86
12-05-19, 10:47 AM
Is anyone getting anything from the deep fryer, bakery, or kitchen? I?ve literally gotten NOTHING after crafting 20 flipping items. Seriously, it?s been more than 20 and NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE. I?m so over this.

judyandthecat
12-05-19, 11:12 AM
Is anyone getting anything from the deep fryer, bakery, or kitchen? I?ve literally gotten NOTHING after crafting 20 flipping items. Seriously, it?s been more than 20 and NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE. I?m so over this.

You don't get random drops you make the items in those machines and the recipe does not appear until you complete the goal required.

The recipes are on page 1 post 3.

And in post 1 I put the recipe under the goal it appears in.

Thank goodness no random drops.

Lapetshop7
12-05-19, 11:45 AM
I hope the snowman is a pet and not just a decoration!! I was hoping we would have a smashing presents event each day this month though! Was looking forward to it! Maybe next year..

ankavale1000
12-05-19, 11:57 AM
HEADS UP !!

Goal 8/8
Get Snowglobe 1
Give Snowglobe 4
Give Snowman Treats 1

The prize is a wooden blue sign of some sort. Unless someone else tells me the sign is a pet, I’m skipping 8/8.

judyandthecat
12-05-19, 12:04 PM
HEADS UP !!

Goal 8/8
Get Snowglobe 1
Give Snowglobe 4
Give Snowman Treats 1

Putting this in post 1 under goal 8.

queenetherea86
12-05-19, 12:20 PM
Omg I?m a dummy. Thank you!!! I was seriously going crazy.

Natasha_07
12-05-19, 12:47 PM
So I was waiting, waiting... For the snowman to show up, after a while I saw a crazy dude jumping for joy in my farm.

I like him and wonder if the pet snowman will be animated this way otherwise it's okay too cause he's kinda cute... BUT I don't do so well in challenges. Bummer...!

judyandthecat
12-05-19, 02:47 PM

It was an easy fix.
Now to make those pigs cooperate.

ankavale1000
12-05-19, 05:40 PM

The new habitat is released after u get a Snowman. There was a bit of delay on my end for it to show up in shop. So, wait a bit.

Thank you Stormie!

raissawinda
12-05-19, 07:22 PM

Thank you Stormie!

Aw congratulations for the snowman, I envy you ankavale1000 :D

PookieBear50
12-05-19, 07:23 PM

Thank you Stormie!

Just to confirm...this is from completing the ALTERNATE goal, "Let's Go and Play," and NOT from completing Goal 8 of 8, right?

And I'll add the pet and habitat to the Pets Habitat thread. Thank you for the info.

ankavale1000
12-05-19, 09:14 PM
Aw congratulations for the snowman, I envy you ankavale1000 :D

Thx. U close to getting yours?

ankavale1000
12-05-19, 09:16 PM
Just to confirm...this is from completing the ALTERNATE goal, "Let's Go and Play," and NOT from completing Goal 8 of 8, right?

And I'll add the pet and habitat to the Pets Habitat thread. Thank you for the info.

Yes, the Snowman pet is from Let’s Go and Play.

Goal 8/8 rewards a deco.

griffithpack
12-06-19, 02:00 AM
It was an easy fix.
Now to make those pigs cooperate.

Please correct your recipe - the item required is NOT apple juice it is apple sugar - I just spent a lot of time and wasted a lot of sugar trying to make apple cider thinking that was what you meant. My fault for trying to follow your advice and do it ahead! one day I?ll learn my lesson and not try to guess what is meant by others descriptions.

judyandthecat
12-06-19, 03:18 AM
Please correct your recipe - the item required is NOT apple juice it is apple sugar - I just spent a lot of time and wasted a lot of sugar trying to make apple cider thinking that was what you meant. My fault for trying to follow your advice and do it ahead! one day I?ll learn my lesson and not try to guess what is meant by others descriptions.

Very sorry the correction is made. I always think of them as juice in those containers. Again very sorry.

princessskykennedy
12-06-19, 04:16 AM
Very sorry the correction is made. I always think of them as juice in those containers. Again very sorry.

THANK YOU Judy for all your efforts to help us get ahead in the events!!!! I would not finish a lot of these events if it wasn?t for you!!! Happy Holidays

Mitzi111
12-06-19, 05:03 AM
I'm confused! Should we go ahead and make hats & scarves for the snow globe so we can get the snowman? I am stil waiting on mittens to fry (LOL)

Mitzi111
12-06-19, 05:45 AM

you have to get in line behind me to feel dumb queenetherea86.... I was making french fries like a madman waiting for mittens to 'drop'. LOL

judyandthecat
12-06-19, 06:42 AM
you have to get in line behind me to feel dumb queenetherea86.... I was making french fries like a madman waiting for mittens to 'drop'. LOL

I think we have all done silly things and that is why we have the forum to help each other.

raissawinda
12-06-19, 07:58 AM
Thx. U close to getting yours?

I'm at stage 5 of 8 atm, the pigs are not cooperating at all. From 12 pigs I collect 2 to 3 gifts (mostly 2). Getting tired, and I'm saving up as well to buy the snow piles, and do the deliveries, so yeah, it needs a LOT of effort... :D

justmine2
12-06-19, 10:16 AM
Just to make sure I have this right, Lets go and play IS where to get the pet and it will take 5 snow globe? Some days I'm am past slow on the uptake!!

judyandthecat
12-06-19, 10:42 AM
Just to make sure I have this right, Lets go and play IS where to get the pet and it will take 5 snow globe? Some days I'm am past slow on the uptake!!

Yes
The picture of the Snowman is in rewards

PookieBear50
12-06-19, 11:15 AM
I'm at stage 5 of 8 atm, the pigs are not cooperating at all. From 12 pigs I collect 2 to 3 gifts (mostly 2). Getting tired, and I'm saving up as well to buy the snow piles, and do the deliveries, so yeah, it needs a LOT of effort... :D

At least you are on 5 of 8. I am only now finishing 3 of 8 because deliveries were not dropping Snow Shovels. If I had not been unusually lucky and found 3 Snow Shovels in the Newspaper, I'd still be struggling to get the last of the FIRST round of Snow Shovels....first round, because I already know I'm going to be needing a lot more of them to finish this event.

Lilliepaddd
12-06-19, 02:19 PM
The pigs are stingy at Christmas ugh 😑

raissawinda
12-06-19, 05:46 PM
At least you are on 5 of 8. I am only now finishing 3 of 8 because deliveries were not dropping Snow Shovels. If I had not been unusually lucky and found 3 Snow Shovels in the Newspaper, I'd still be struggling to get the last of the FIRST round of Snow Shovels....first round, because I already know I'm going to be needing a lot more of them to finish this event.

If you have enough gems you may use them to pay the goal Let's Go and Play (needs 500 gems) because I only have 94 gems atm, so that is impossible (I shopped so many things on the black friday, lols). Imho, the snowman worth the price... :D it's bigger than other pets and can jump!

PookieBear50
12-07-19, 12:28 AM
If you have enough gems you may use them to pay the goal Let's Go and Play (needs 500 gems) because I only have 94 gems atm, so that is impossible (I shopped so many things on the black friday, lols). Imho, the snowman worth the price... :D it's bigger than other pets and can jump!

I am in the same situation: >100 gems.

judyandthecat
12-07-19, 06:17 AM
I am in the same situation: >100 gems.

Price drops for each item given.
And more players will put stuff in paper once they get the Snowman

griffithpack
12-07-19, 02:21 PM

Thank you so much for your time. I?m sorry that came off sounding angry - I was just frustrated - and surprised no one else had asked about it. Have a beautiful day!

Mitzi111
12-07-19, 05:48 PM
O M G I just realized that we have to make FIVE snowglobes!!! I thought it was just 1 at first. has anybody started calculating the total number of each item needed? Like mittens... I think we need 60 total. Is that right?

Fairyreserve
12-07-19, 10:13 PM
O M G I just realized that we have to make FIVE snowglobes!!! I thought it was just 1 at first. has anybody started calculating the total number of each item needed? Like mittens... I think we need 60 total. Is that right?

Yes, it's alot like the hippo event. Just keep selling in your store to make sure you have enough coins to keep buying snow piles. And I have actually found a couple of the snow pile presents in the store, and a decent amount of shovels.

Lapetshop7
12-07-19, 10:32 PM
If my math is correct, the total number of items needed to collect to make the 5 snowglobes and the one snowman treat is:

470 snowballs
170 winter gifts
123 festive presents
50 apple sugar
10 bread
9 simmering token
6 icy offering
10 cold bounty

PookieBear50
12-08-19, 02:45 AM
Sigh...I wonder if I should just give up already. I'm not getting very many Snow Shovels at all...

raissawinda
12-08-19, 02:48 AM
If my math is correct, the total number of items needed to collect to make the 5 snowglobes and the one snowman treat is:

470 snowballs
170 winter gifts
123 festive presents
50 apple sugar
10 bread
9 simmering token
6 icy offering
10 cold bounty

The most expensive event I've ever done in FS2. I canceled my expansion and Ice Creamery building because of this interesting event. I wish I am lucky enough to win the Snowman.

raissawinda
12-08-19, 02:50 AM
Sigh...I wonder if I should just give up already. I'm not getting very many Snow Shovels at all...

No DON'T say that!

Mitzi111
12-08-19, 04:56 AM

470 snowballs
170 winter gifts
123 festive presents
50 apple sugar
10 bread
9 simmering token
6 icy offering
10 cold bounty

2 of these will hold me up from finishing:
My issue is Festive presents. No way that I can get 123 from Pigs. and they arent showing up in the market anymore.
Shovels might end up being a problem, but so far I've found plenty in the market

princessskykennedy
12-08-19, 06:21 AM
Has anyone gotten the sign? Is it something special that you need snowglobes and a treat to get?? Thx!

princessskykennedy
12-08-19, 06:25 AM
Mitzi! I have found a lot of festive presents in the market. Keep going! When I finish mine...I will help you and Pookie!

Lapetshop7
12-08-19, 11:17 AM
Someone told me its just a sign! Not worth it!!

Has anyone gotten the sign? Is it something special that you need snowglobes and a treat to get?? Thx!

Lapetshop7
12-08-19, 11:19 AM
Right!! I was saving up to expand again as well, but this event took all I had saved! But keep trying and you will get the snowman!

The most expensive event I've ever done in FS2. I canceled my expansion and Ice Creamery building because of this interesting event. I wish I am lucky enough to win the Snowman.

Lapetshop7
12-08-19, 11:22 AM
No don't give up! Keep trying!! You will eventually get the snowman. Just don't give up and keep checking the market and neighbors shops! If I find any, I will save and post on here if anyone who wants them. I'm making my last snowglobes to turn in. Got lucky and found a neighbor selling everything.

Lapetshop7
12-08-19, 11:25 AM
Just keep trying and you will eventually finish!! I almost gave up myself due to all the work and stuff needed and because haven't been feeling good, but I kept trying and now I'm making my last snowglobe to turn in! I will try to gather up stuff and see if anyone needs them.

2 of these will hold me up from finishing:
My issue is Festive presents. No way that I can get 123 from Pigs. and they arent showing up in the market anymore.
Shovels might end up being a problem, but so far I've found plenty in the market

princessskykennedy
12-08-19, 06:43 PM

I have some of your needed items...check your wall

princessskykennedy
12-08-19, 06:45 PM

I have some parts for you! Check your wall!

PookieBear50
12-08-19, 07:25 PM
I have some parts for you! Check your wall!

Checked the wall, thanks! See the Buy/Sell thread for my response.

kindefarm1890
12-09-19, 06:29 AM
After spending 11-12 hours over the weekend staring at the newspaper or neighbors shops to find the snow shovels and festive presents I found enough to complete the 5 snow globes. Spent a lot of coins that were being saved for an expansion. Received the snowman late last night. I was disappointed when I tried to put the Icy Reindeer and Arctic Fox in the new habitat. S8 it would be nice if other pets would be allowed to used the new habitat. Good luck to everyone trying for the new pet.

spring_peeper
12-09-19, 08:14 AM
Pigs have completely stopped dropping gifts.

inara_24
12-09-19, 08:19 AM
After spending 11-12 hours over the weekend staring at the newspaper or neighbors shops to find the snow shovels and festive presents I found enough to complete the 5 snow globes. Spent a lot of coins that were being saved for an expansion. Received the snowman late last night. I was disappointed when I tried to put the Icy Reindeer and Arctic Fox in the new habitat. S8 it would be nice if other pets would be allowed to used the new habitat. Good luck to everyone trying for the new pet.

I’m working on my last snow globe. I find the presents from the pigs the hardest to find anywhere. If I’m lucky they drop 1 each time I feed them, every 3 hours.

Where did you get the new pets?

kindefarm1890
12-09-19, 08:39 AM
I’m working on my last snow globe. I find the presents from the pigs the hardest to find anywhere. If I’m lucky they drop 1 each time I feed them, every 3 hours.

Where did you get the new pets?

The Icy Reindeer I purchased last year I believe during a Black Friday sale. I think I saw the icy reindeer during this years sale. The Arctic Fox was from a prior event, not certain how far back, although I believe this pet was available during a sale sometime this year. Sorry for the poor info, possibly Judy or another player could provide a better time line.

kindefarm1890
12-09-19, 08:40 AM
Duplicate post can be deleted.

PookieBear50
12-09-19, 11:53 AM

Give them time. The month is still young, and I have very little doubt that there will be at least two more events before 31 December (okay, at least one, but most probably two). There is still time for another new pet to be added that will go into the Snow Park. And even if the Icy Reindeer and the Arctic Fox won't go into the Snow Park, have you tried some of the other pets? For example, Tucker the Seal or the Yeti (or any of the pets that normally go into the Icy Igloo)? Perhaps one of them might also go into the Snow Park...

kindefarm1890
12-09-19, 12:13 PM
Give them time. The month is still young, and I have very little doubt that there will be at least two more events before 31 December (okay, at least one, but most probably two). There is still time for another new pet to be added that will go into the Snow Park. And even if the Icy Reindeer and the Arctic Fox won't go into the Snow Park, have you tried some of the other pets? For example, Tucker the Seal or the Yeti (or any of the pets that normally go into the Icy Igloo)? Perhaps one of them might also go into the Snow Park...

I do hope some new pets will use the snow park. I did try the Yeti, seal and the Santa Dalmation with no luck.

barneyandbeau
12-09-19, 06:17 PM
Third collection from pigs and still no festive gifts-did storm 8 turn off drops when they added the new gift smash challenge?

little_veggie
12-09-19, 11:51 PM
How do I make the snowman treats please . I can?t see them in the studio xx

judyandthecat
12-10-19, 12:57 AM
How do I make the snowman treats please . I can?t see them in the studio xx

The recipe does not appear until you get to goal 7

little_veggie
12-10-19, 11:20 AM
Thank you , I am a way off :love_heart:

Mitzi111
12-10-19, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=ankavale1000;1605101]The Snowman Is a real pet.

Is the Snow Park the only habitat that will work for the snowman? Will any of my habitats that I already have work... like igloo, or other?

ankavale1000
12-10-19, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=ankavale1000;1605101]The Snowman Is a real pet.

Is the Snow Park the only habitat that will work for the snowman? Will any of my habitats that I already have work... like igloo, or other?

Hmm, I don’t know. When I first got the pet and tried to put it out I was directed to Gentle Gazebo. When I clicked tiny i for habitat info, Snow Park the only habitat listed. Are you short of coins? The Snow Park is 3000 coins and is a really nice looking habitat that could serve as decoration. Everyone should buy it in my opinion.

Mitzi111
12-10-19, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=Mitzi111;1605714]

Hmm, I don?t know. When I first got the pet and tried to put it out I was directed to Gentle Gazebo. When I clicked tiny i for habitat info, Snow Park the only habitat listed. Are you short of coins? The Snow Park is 3000 coins and is a really nice looking habitat that could serve as decoration. Everyone should buy it in my opinion.

I do have enough coins, and you make it sound fun! so I might as well go ahead and get the snow park. Thanks!

raissawinda
12-11-19, 12:15 AM
I am working on my 3rd snow globe atm. Until my husband said it is enough I needed to take a shower! Omg, lols. This event is... I don't know...is it addictive, or frustating. I play (almost) nonstop, 2-3 hrs sleeping time, and if I keep playing that way, I think I could win the Snowman in the end, and say this event is very very doable.

PookieBear50
12-12-19, 01:12 PM
Managed to finish my snow globes and turned them in to receive the Snowman. Now I'm debating whether I should attempt to finish the main goal series and get the sign...coming up short on Festive Presents, though...my Pigs apparently don't understand that it is better to give than to receive ;)

linborg
12-13-19, 09:12 AM
I look forward to the Christmas events but this is just to **** hard to complete! It?s sadistic! Making us work so hard for the impossible. Not happy!

RoyalBlue305
12-13-19, 09:51 AM

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Event Items Found:
Festive Present - Pigs
Icy Offering - from Mine

Someone has been leaving Snowmen around the farm, can you investigate and find any clues?
Get 3 Sparkly snowballs.

Morgan, I think that's a magic Snowman! No one is building it. I bet it's here to leave us some gifts! I'm going to go looking.
Make 5 plane deliveries

There are presents everywhere! I can't wait to find them all! I think we should make some gifts for the Snowman as a thank you.

3 snowballs
1 winter gift

That's a good idea, Piper. If this magic Snowman truly exists, let's welcome it with some nice warm gifts!
Get 10 Bacon from pigs

30 minutes in Bakery
6 Snowballs
2 Winter Gifts
2 Festive Presents
2 Apple Sugar

We can make some mini-snowmen with some kits to help make the magic Snowman wandering around the farm, feel at home!

8 Snowballs
3 Winter Gifts
3 Festive Presents
1 Bread

1 hour in Kitchen
12 Snowballs
6 Winter Gifts
5 Festive Presents
1 Shimmering Token

10 Cold Bounty
18 Festive Presents
4 Shimmering Token
6 Icy Offering

Winter's a Good Time
Want better chances at items from the Snowman? Place the Snowman Xing on your farm and you'll get boosted chances at Shimmering Snowball, Winter Gift, Festive Present and Shimmering Token.

Event Prizes
Let's Go and Play
Visit 20 Farmers

Event Boost (if any)
(Name of boost)
Snowman Xing - 100 Gems

Hi Judy sorry I?m still confused. Do we finish the 8 goals first and then try and make the 5 Globes? I?m on step 7 and I?m not sure if I should give one of the globes as required or make them for the 5 Globe group? Do both tasks give a Snowman? Is it the time Snowman? Should I pick one task over the other? Sorry for a million questions :/

PookieBear50
12-13-19, 09:55 AM
Hi Judy sorry I?m still confused. Do we finish the 8 goals first and then try and make the 5 Globes? I?m on step 7 and I?m not sure if I should give one of the globes as required or make them for the 5 Globe group? Do both tasks give a Snowman? Is it the time Snowman? Should I pick one task over the other? Sorry for a million questions :/

If you want the Snowman pet, do NOT complete goal 8 of 8. Make the 5 Snow Globes and turn them in for the "Let's Go and Play" goal instead. The other goal series gives some sort of sign decoration.

RoyalBlue305
12-13-19, 09:56 AM
Yes, the Snowman pet is from Let?s Go and Play.

Goal 8/8 rewards a deco.

Ok so then what is the point of the 8/8 Goals? I?m totally confused. :/

RoyalBlue305
12-13-19, 09:58 AM
If you want the Snowman pet, do NOT complete goal 8 of 8. Make the 5 Snow Globes and turn them in for the "Let's Go and Play" goal instead. The other goal series gives some sort of sign decoration.

So no reason to finish this goal thing then wow. They did this before I got the deco as well on another event. So basically ONLY do the 5 Snow Globes challenge if you want the pet? Right?

judyandthecat
12-13-19, 10:41 AM
So no reason to finish this goal thing then wow. They did this before I got the deco as well on another event. So basically ONLY do the 5 Snow Globes challenge if you want the pet? Right?

You had to do the first seven goals to get all the recipes to open.
But give your Globes to the one that gives the Snowman like PookieBear50 said.
Goal 8 gives a deco sign.

praphulladp
12-13-19, 12:43 PM

How to Play?

Getting Started

Goals

Event Items Found:
Festive Present - Pigs
Icy Offering - from Mine

Get 3 Sparkly snowballs.

Make 5 plane deliveries

3 snowballs
1 winter gift

Get 10 Bacon from pigs

30 minutes in Bakery
6 Snowballs
2 Winter Gifts
2 Festive Presents
2 Apple Sugar

8 Snowballs
3 Winter Gifts
3 Festive Presents
1 Bread

1 hour in Kitchen
12 Snowballs
6 Winter Gifts
5 Festive Presents
1 Shimmering Token

10 Cold Bounty
18 Festive Presents
4 Shimmering Token
6 Icy Offering

Winter's a Good Time

Event Prizes
Let's Go and Play
Visit 20 Farmers

Event Boost (if any)
(Name of boost)
Snowman Xing - 100 Gems

Sir
Trying hard to get the gifts from Pigs but for entire 2 days received just 1-2 gifts from 12 pigs. Please do the needful

judyandthecat
12-13-19, 01:40 PM
Sir
Trying hard to get the gifts from Pigs but for entire 2 days received just 1-2 gifts from 12 pigs. Please do the needful

Unfortunately the gifts from pigs are a random drop so all you can do is keep collecting and watch the newspaper and check your neighbours store because as other players get done the event they are selling these gifts.
Keep trying the Snowman is a cute pet.

Natasha_07
12-13-19, 11:43 PM
The game is deleting items from my storage and undoing tasks, I don't know why it's reverting things.

Sick of bugs!

judyandthecat
12-14-19, 12:00 AM
The game is deleting items from my storage and undoing tasks, I don't know why it's reverting things.

Sick of bugs!

? I haven't lost anything
What's wrong?

Natasha_07
12-14-19, 03:08 AM
? I haven't lost anything
What's wrong?

I don't know where to put this but I've been sending deliveries like crazy, I made items in the windmills but hadn't collect them because I was waiting to collect all. I had also bought items from the shop for deliveries, I then check the game because I was sure I had all items ready yet nothing at the mills neither the items I bought were in storage.

So time was wasted! :(

RoyalBlue305
12-14-19, 08:34 AM

THANK YOU for your reply. This event has been confusing. It always seems like the Goals are the number one event and the other ones are just side events. But it seems now that the Goals are basically the side event. Upside down lol

Thanks for answering and clearing this up!

RoyalBlue305
12-14-19, 08:37 AM
You had to do the first seven goals to get all the recipes to open.
But give your Globes to the one that gives the Snowman like PookieBear50 said.
Goal 8 gives a deco sign.

Thank for answering Judy! Always appreciate the work you put in to the forum! Yes I saw the graphic that you posted and circled which is why I was so confused. Thank you for confirming for me.

nagmad
12-14-19, 11:42 PM
Has anyone received the sign for the end of the event, does it do anything, look great etc, I am completing my last snow globe for the snow man and not sure if it’s worth the effort to go for the sign, if it’s just like it looks then I don’t think it is but if it does something cool it might be lol

raissawinda
12-14-19, 11:47 PM
Has anyone received the sign for the end of the event, does it do anything, look great etc, I am completing my last snow globe for the snow man and not sure if it?s worth the effort to go for the sign, if it?s just like it looks then I don?t think it is but if it does something cool it might be lol

I'm afraid if you completed the wrong goal. At first we must complete the first 7 of 8 goals but DO NOT complete the 8th one. Hold on there. And after you craft 5 snow globes and a snowman treat, you must complete the Let's Go and Play goal, and that will get you your Snowman. Is it clear? :(

nagmad
12-15-19, 12:10 AM
I'm afraid if you completed the wrong goal. At first we must complete the first 7 of 8 goals but DO NOT complete the 8th one. Hold on there. And after you craft 5 snow globes and a snowman treat, you must complete the Let's Go and Play goal, and that will get you your Snowman. Is it clear? :(

I am just completeing my 5th snow globe to get my snowman, from Lets go and play, but wanted to know if it?s worth the effort to make another 4 globes for the sign, I will have the snow man already

PookieBear50
12-15-19, 01:31 AM
I am just completeing my 5th snow globe to get my snowman, from Lets go and play, but wanted to know if it?s worth the effort to make another 4 globes for the sign, I will have the snow man already

It is up to you. If you have the time and the necessary parts, I'd say go for it. If not, well...as you say, you will have the snowman already.

hydarra
12-16-19, 01:17 AM
The pigs are sooooooo frustrating. I just collected from 12 pigs twice and NOTHING. I despise the ?make a bunch of random junk? events. Leaderboard is alright, but I miss the events where you turn in a bunch of items and each request is worth 1-5 stars. Earn stars to get cool stuff. I quit this event and am selling everything from it. 😑

gunder8
12-16-19, 05:30 PM
It is not worth your time, it is just a sign to finish the 8th step, not even a special sign. A decorated Christmas tree would have been more appropriate (and way better). I went for the snowman first on the side goal, and then finished step 8 today thinking surely after all that work it couldn’t be just a sign ��

Minimalio
12-17-19, 09:41 AM
I don't know where to put this but I've been sending deliveries like crazy, I made items in the windmills but hadn't collect them because I was waiting to collect all. I had also bought items from the shop for deliveries, I then check the game because I was sure I had all items ready yet nothing at the mills neither the items I bought were in storage.

So time was wasted! :(

Succede anche a me...e non una sola volta! Non so darmi altra spiegazione se non che ci sia momentanea assenza di connessione...quindi tutto quello che si fa va a finire in una sorta di buco nero...ovvero nel nulla....e il tempo ritorna indietro a quando la connessione era attiva. Questo significa alla fine che tutto il lavoro fatto in quel lasso temporale "irreale" sparisce perch? di fatto non ? mai stato fatto. Come se fosse una nostra illusione o visione. Non so darmi\darti altra spiegazione. Mi dispiace. Buona fortuna per il futuro.

ankavale1000
12-17-19, 08:43 PM
Thank you Stormie for making the snow piles glisten now event over! They are lovely.

Fairyreserve
12-17-19, 11:30 PM
I forgot to buy sniwpiles for decoration. D'oh! Oh well. This was a good event. No stressful. Thank you so much to... Paul? Whomever it was that initially warned us not to do 8 or 8. And Judy for her dedication to guiding us thru this as always!

raissawinda
12-18-19, 02:04 AM
Thank you Stormie for making the snow piles glisten now event over! They are lovely.

I love to see the chicken snow pile, he's working hard now (it's animated). Thank you, Stormie. Glad to have spare of my snow piles. And thank you beautiful people here who provide information and stuff, very helpful, very supportive.

I wish I have time to re-deco my farm, can't believe it looks dusty on holiday!

trina4robinson
12-19-19, 05:49 AM
I won the festive bat by opening a present when I read info on bat it says can live in wildlife den or haunted house, my haunted house is full so I attempted too put it in the wildlife den and it would not allow me too and It says i have reached the number of haunted houses please help even tried putting a pet up and swapping it out for bat and nothing is working

judyandthecat
12-19-19, 08:30 AM
I won the festive bat by opening a present when I read info on bat it says can live in wildlife den or haunted house, my haunted house is full so I attempted too put it in the wildlife den and it would not allow me too and It says i have reached the number of haunted houses please help even tried putting a pet up and swapping it out for bat and nothing is working

The onfo on back is incorrect
The bat can go in the Bird Tree or the Haunted House

Or the Gazebo.

Congratulations