PDA

View Full Version : Turducken Event - 2019 November 6

judyandthecat
11-06-19, 03:34 PM
A Turducken Mythical Pet

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)
2. Recipes found in Post 2
3. Items to make the recipes can be traded
4. Items made from the recipes are invisible

Where Event Items are Found
Uneaten Grain - random drop Chickens
Fowl Prints - random drop Kitchen
Filthy Feathers - Turducken popping up on farm
Blurry Pictures - from Passion Fruit Vines
Mysterious Recording - from fishing
Egg Shells - from mine
Animal Notices - random drop planes
Turducken Decoy - random drop planes

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
I once heard about a mythical creatures. I think they called it a Turducken. It sounded funny.
Get 1 Filthy Feathers from the Turducken (Keep an eye out for that fowl bird on your Farm!)
REWARDS: 200 cons, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
So there is one here! No one will ever believe me! We need to catch it and show it to Morgan!
Get 1 Uneaten Grain - Collected from the Chickens
Get 1 Fowl Prints - Random drop from kitchen
Get 1 Turducken Sketch - Made in Specialty Goods!
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Turducken Lure, 3 experience points

Goal 3 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
Hey, Piper! You know that the Turducken is just a dish? There isn't any mythical creature called the Turducken.
Get 1 Blurry Picture - random drop Passion Fruit Vines
Get 1 Mysterious Recording - random drop fishing
Make 1 Turducken Call in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
Morgan! I'm going to find a Turducken, you'll see! I just have to keep making things that it likes!
Get 1 Animal Notice - random drop planes
Get 1 Egg Shells - from the mine
Make 1 Turducken Nest in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Investigation Booth, 3 experience points

Goal 5 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
Ok, Piper. If you want to do this, give me the stuff you think the Turducken will like and we'll look.
Give 3 Turducken Sketches
Give 3 Turducken Calls
Give 3 Turducken Nests

Goal 6 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
I just know I'll find that Turducken. Look at all the evidence I've collected!
Give 4 Turducken Sketches
Give 4 Turducken Calls
Give 4 Turducken Nests

Goal 7 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
There is quite a bit of suspicious information here. Maybe there is a Turducken after all!
Give 5 Turducken Sketches
Give 5 Turducken Calls
Give 5 Turducken Nests

Goal 8 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
I can't wait to catch it! Can we keep it, Morgan? I really want to keep this Turducken!
Give 6 Turducken Sketches
Give 6 Turducken Calls
Give 6 Turducken Nests

Goal 9 of 9: A Turducken's Muckin' About
This might be a really fun addition to the farm. Plus who would believe us if we didn't have proof!
Give 7 Turducken Sketches
Give 7 Turducken Calls
Give 7 Turducken Nests
REWARDS: 500 coins, TURDUCKEN PET, 25 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
It's Heating Up!
Set up the Turducken Smoker and that Turducken will give us more Filthy Feathers an Torn Recipes!
Have 1 Turducken Smoker - 75 gems in the Market

Flash in the Pan
Goal 1 of 2
If you need more Filthy Feathers, lure that Turducken to this "trap" to get some extra materials.
Have 1 Turducken Lure - 20 gems in Market
Prize in Goal 2
Make 1 Plane Delivery
Get 5 Turducken Decoy - random drop planes
Rewards: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 2
Leave that Turducken a Decoy and see what happens!
Place 1 Turducken Decoy on Turducken Lure
Get 3 Filthy Feathers

Choose Your Recipe
Goal 1 of 2
The Investigation Booth has been set up to search for the fabled Turducken! Give it some Recipe Books to get some extra Filthy Feathers.
Get the Investigation Booth

Goal 2 of 2
Give that Investigation Booth those Recipe Books. You'll get some extra Filthy Feathers for your troubles!
Give the Investigation Booth 5 Recipe Books

Event Prizes
Turducken Lure
Investigation Booth
Turducken Pet
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Turducken Lure - 10 gems
Investigation Booth - 100 gems in market
The investigation Booth is a prize in goal 4.
Wow! Thank You Storm8!
Turducken Smoker - 75 gems

judyandthecat
11-06-19, 03:34 PM
Recipes for Turducken Event
Note: Items made from recipes are invisible.
Items needed for recipes can be traded.

Turducken Sketch
30 minutes in Specialty Goods
15 Uneaten Grain from chickens
3 Fowl Prints - random drop Kitchen
3 Filthy Feathers from Turducken

Turducken Call
2 hours in Farmer's Outpost
2 Blurry Pictures from Passion Fruit Vines
3 Mysterious Recording from fishing
3 Filthy Feathers from Turducken

Turducken Nest
1 hour Farmer's Outpost
3 Animal Notices from planes
2 Egg Shells from mine
3 Filthy Feathers From Turducken

judyandthecat
11-06-19, 03:39 PM
Goal 1
Make 1 Stuffed Pepper
Give 10 Stuffed Peppers

Goal 2
Make 1 Milk Chocolate
Give 7 Milk Chocolate

Goal 3
Make 1 Raisin
Give 7 Raisins

Goal 4
Make 1 Orange Cotton Candy
Give 12 Orange Cotton Candy

Goal 5
Make 1 Bubble Bath Bottle
Give 10 Bubble Bath Bottle

Goal 6
Make 1 Almond Face Mask
Give 10 Almond Face Masks
REWARDS: 200 coins, 5 Pick Axes, 3 experience points

PookieBear50
11-06-19, 03:45 PM
A Turducken's Muckin' About...
Goal 1 of 9
I once heard about a mythical creatures. I think they called it a Turducken. It sounded funny.
Get 1 Filthy Feathers from the Turducken (Keep an eye out for that fowl bird on your Farm!)
Rewards: 200 coins, 3 xp

Goal 2 of 9
So there is one here! No one will ever believe me! We need to catch it and show it to Morgan!
Get 1 Uneaten Grain (Collected from the Chickens)
Get 1 Fowl Prints (From completed crafts in the Kitchen!)
Get 1 Turducken Sketch (Made in Specialty Goods!)
Rewards: 200 coins, 3 xp, 1 Turducken Lure

It's Heating Up!
Set up the Turducken Smoker and that Turducken will give us more Filthy Feathers an Torn Recipes!
Have 1 Turducken Smoker (Buy this in the Market)

Flash in the Pan
Goal 1 of 2
If you need more Filthy Feathers, lure that Turducken to this "trap" to get some extra materials.
Have 1 Turducken Lure (Buy this from the Market!)
Send 1 Delivery in the Order Warehouse (Great for keeping the farm running!)
Get 5 Turducken Decoy (Collected from completed deliveries in the Warehouse!)

NOTE: whatever you receive from tapping on the Turducken or from tasks around the farm ends up in your barn as part of you inventory, so they WILL take up barn space. This is DIFFERENT from the previous collection event, so keep an eye on your available barn space.

NOTE 2: Although the new recipes are available, I strongly suggest avoiding crafting anything until we know definitely that it is not one of the requirements for a goal, because anything crafted BEFORE you receive the goal might not count towards fulfilling it.

Lilliepaddd
11-06-19, 03:49 PM
Do you need to spend gems?

PookieBear50
11-06-19, 03:53 PM
Do you need to spend gems?

Maybe. One of the prizes for goal 2 of 9 is a Turducken Lure, which should satisfy goal 1 of 2. Should.

lennumber1
11-07-19, 08:08 AM
Is the turducken lure a one time use only?

PookieBear50
11-07-19, 11:24 AM
Is the turducken lure a one time use only?

Hard to say. At the low cost of 10 gems (in my game, at least), it certainly seems that way. However, it may also be the decoration intended to encourage the Turducken to appear more frequently (like all those signposts from previous events). Unfortunately, my chickens are being very greedy and not sharing their Uneaten Grain (maybe they're stockpiling for the winter), so I haven't been able to finish goal 2 of 9 yet to find out.

HappyBunny09
11-07-19, 12:47 PM
So another game where you get nothing that’s just great. Chickens don’t want to give you anything.

lennumber1
11-07-19, 02:40 PM
The turducken lure is a one time use only item. It takes 5 decoys and a 10 minute timer .

Fairyreserve
11-07-19, 02:57 PM
I'm getting some from the chickens, but nothing from the kitchen at all. I've made a crapload of stuff, but literally no drops. Hmm.

KojiMama
11-07-19, 04:04 PM
I’m getting ads when sending deliveries and that’s more greed than a free game needs to display.

Paul__
11-07-19, 05:19 PM
Is the turducken lure, investigation booth and turducken one time use?

PookieBear50
11-08-19, 12:03 AM
Judging from the pattern of the goals, I have a sinking feeling I am going to be fighting with my chickens repeatedly over the next several days for their Uneaten Grain...of which I will be needing almost 350 more of. Fortunately, I can craft as I go along, so my Barn won't fill up too badly, but I'm going to be posting and discarding a LOT of eggs...

dugambon
11-08-19, 02:42 AM
Judging from the pattern of the goals, I have a sinking feeling I am going to be fighting with my chickens repeatedly over the next several days for their Uneaten Grain...of which I will be needing almost 350 more of. Fortunately, I can craft as I go along, so my Barn won't fill up too badly, but I'm going to be posting and discarding a LOT of eggs...You are right, goal 8 of 9 is give 6 of all. I think next one will be give 7 of all. So the chickens will get a sore bum from laying eggs.

PookieBear50
11-08-19, 11:31 AM
Finally managed to collect enough Uneaten Grain to craft the SECOND of the sketches needed for goal 5. After this, I just need to collect enough for another 23 sketches. At this rate, I'm going to need every one of the days in this event to get there, and even the 11+ days remaining may not be enough...

Fairyreserve
11-08-19, 02:37 PM
Before I really go whole hog on this one, I'm just not sure I really want the Turducken. I ... might? Jury's still out.

PookieBear50
11-08-19, 03:14 PM
Is the Investigation Booth a one-time use item? I'm afraid to begin that goal...

judyandthecat
11-08-19, 04:07 PM
Is the Investigation Booth a one-time use item? I'm afraid to begin that goal...

Scared to touch it.
I am thinking not but don't know for sure.
I even sat it away from everything so Rammy finger couldn't hit by accident.

lennumber1
11-08-19, 04:17 PM
The booth can be used more then once. Side goal 2/2 has you giving 5 books to the booth. I’ve done 3 so far. My guess is that as long as you craft the cookbooks in the specialty shop you can use the booth.

judyandthecat
11-08-19, 04:35 PM
The booth can be used more then once. Side goal 2/2 has you giving 5 books to the booth. I’ve done 3 so far. My guess is that as long as you craft the cookbooks in the specialty shop you can use the booth.

Thank You!!!

PookieBear50
11-08-19, 05:52 PM
The booth can be used more then once. Side goal 2/2 has you giving 5 books to the booth. I?ve done 3 so far. My guess is that as long as you craft the cookbooks in the specialty shop you can use the booth.

Thank you for verifying this!

Scared to touch it.
I am thinking not but don't know for sure.
I even sat it away from everything so Rammy finger couldn't hit by accident.

I know, right? I thought it would be something like the Mother Goose item from previous events, but I was not 100% certain...and I don't have enough gems to buy more of the booths.

syncler78
11-08-19, 10:24 PM
Do we need the turducken pages for anything if we don?t get the information booth? I?d like to sell those off and get some room in my barn.

PookieBear50
11-08-19, 10:43 PM
Do we need the turducken pages for anything if we don?t get the information booth? I?d like to sell those off and get some room in my barn.

The Investigation Booth is a reward for completing one of the goals (4 of 9, I think it was), so you will get it even if you don't want it. If you don't want to put it out, though, you COULD sell the pages. On the other hand, you could also just craft the books in the Specialty Goods. As nearly as I can tell, once you craft the books, they don't go back into the Barn but instead disappear into the invisible storage area that event items sometimes go into.

syncler78
11-09-19, 06:51 AM
The Investigation Booth is a reward for completing one of the goals (4 of 9, I think it was), so you will get it even if you don't want it. If you don't want to put it out, though, you COULD sell the pages. On the other hand, you could also just craft the books in the Specialty Goods. As nearly as I can tell, once you craft the books, they don't go back into the Barn but instead disappear into the invisible storage area that event items sometimes go into.

Thank you! I missed seeing the information booth was a prize and wasn?t going to spend 100 gems for it. For now I?ll craft my books to get some space. I?m a little behind on the event.

lennumber1
11-09-19, 10:10 AM
For those considering using the booth. The feathers are not the only items that drop. It also drops items needed to craft in the farmers outpost and specialty goods for this event.

Fairyreserve
11-09-19, 11:15 AM
Yes, the booth drops alot! My first book turned in gave me four items! Pretty good giveaway by Storm8 this time.

PookieBear50
11-09-19, 11:55 AM
Yes, the booth drops alot! My first book turned in gave me four items! Pretty good giveaway by Storm8 this time.

Though it does take 4 hours...

logansmil
11-09-19, 01:17 PM
Before I really go whole hog on this one, I'm just not sure I really want the Turducken. I ... might? Jury's still out.

I have decided to sit this one out.

storm81775
11-10-19, 04:00 PM
Side goal just opened up.
Not required for main goal but will reward you an item, TBA

It's time to Feast part 1/6
Make 1 stuffed pepper
Give 10 stuffed peppers

judyandthecat
11-10-19, 05:30 PM
Goal 1
Make 1 Stuffed Pepper
Give 10 Stuffed Peppers

Goal 2
Make 1 Milk Chocolate
Give 7 Milk Chocolate

Goal 3
Make 1 Raisin
Give 7 Raisins

Goal 4

Goal 5

Goal 6
Make 1 Almond Face Mask

PookieBear50
11-10-19, 07:01 PM
Sigh...finally finished 6 of 9. Now to get to 7 of 9 and the rest of the goals. I just need another 270 Uneaten Grain.

My chickens are so stubborn! I have been telling them and telling them that they will get fed regularly during the winter months, and that there is no need to hoard any grain, but no...they insist on hiding away some of their feed each time. Trying to get them to give up any of their hoarded stores is like trying to get them to stop running across the screen and delaying the game: they'll do it when they want, and only when the want.

Fairyreserve
11-10-19, 10:57 PM
Goal 1
Make 1 Stuffed Pepper
Give 10 Stuffed Peppers

Goal 2
Make 1 Milk Chocolate
Give 7 Milk Chocolate

Goal 3
Make 1 Raisin
Give 7 Raisins

Goal 4

Goal 5

Goal 6
Make 1 Almond Face Mask

Nooot doin' this for pickaxes. Time to sell!

RoyalBlue305
11-11-19, 10:06 AM
Thanks Judy for the list!

syncler78
11-11-19, 02:10 PM
Sigh...finally finished 6 of 9. Now to get to 7 of 9 and the rest of the goals. I just need another 270 Uneaten Grain.

My chickens are so stubborn! I have been telling them and telling them that they will get fed regularly during the winter months, and that there is no need to hoard any grain, but no...they insist on hiding away some of their feed each time. Trying to get them to give up any of their hoarded stores is like trying to get them to stop running across the screen and delaying the game: they'll do it when they want, and only when the want.

*sigh* I'm still stuck on goal 6. My chickens are giving up 1!!! grain per collection.

PookieBear50
11-11-19, 03:18 PM
*sigh* I'm still stuck on goal 6. My chickens are giving up 1!!! grain per collection.

Try promising them extra feed for Christmas... :confused:

griffithpack
11-12-19, 01:13 AM
Dear Storm8, All I want for Christmas is an event that is new, different, and that I don’t recognize as being impossible to accomplish on the very first day. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice - that’s not happening! My neighbors are complaining, people on this forum are complaining, please stop the events for a week or two and do some brainstorming to come up with something original like you had for the first few years I played. Thanks for listening in advance!

db1323
11-13-19, 10:16 AM
Is the only place to put the turducken the gentle gazebo? I don’t have one and wanted to buy it. After finding out it will cost 500 gems, I’m just not going to do it. Is there another option?

judyandthecat
11-13-19, 10:54 AM
Is the only place to put the turducken the gentle gazebo? I don’t have one and wanted to buy it. After finding out it will cost 500 gems, I’m just not going to do it. Is there another option?

When the pet is in your cellar hit the info tab and the newer pets show where else the pet can reside.
The Wildlife Den and/or the Turkeycopia

db1323
11-13-19, 12:03 PM
When the pet is in your cellar hit the info tab and the newer pets show where else the pet can reside.
The Wildlife Den and/or the Turkeycopia

Thank you, Judy!

judyandthecat
11-13-19, 01:50 PM
Thank you, Judy!

You're welcome.

I thank the storm team for doing this on the pets now!

HappyBunny09
11-13-19, 10:37 PM
on the goals, my goal 2 was cookies not milk chocolate just saying.

judyandthecat
11-14-19, 12:16 AM
on the goals, my goal 2 was cookies not milk chocolate just saying.

Farms are different levels.
If you post your level and goal I will add it.
Thanks so much.

PookieBear50
11-15-19, 12:48 AM
Sigh. Completed goal 8 of 9, but it should have taken me at least another 30 minutes. Instead, I accidentally brushed the option to spend gems and lost over 100 to turn in Sketch 6/6...which I had just started in Specialty Goods. Now, while I am on goal 9, and 6/6 will now be 1/7, I would much rather have the gems. :mad:

queens15
11-15-19, 01:27 AM
Yet again we have a game based on random drops and I am fed up of feeding chickens and getting no uneaten grain. I have fed them for some days, granted not as much as at first as I am just getting unwanted eggs, but as yet have only received 3 uneaten grain so haven?t completed one sketch yet.
Given up on this game already - when are Storm 8 going to give us a game that doesn?t depend on luck and random drops? Failing time after time to complete the tasks or get a prize based only on luck is very frustrating and maybe with the number of posts going down and down others, like me are getting fed up too!,

linborg
11-16-19, 09:38 AM
There is no way to get that turducken! The chickens just don?t produce the necessary pieces. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

PookieBear50
11-17-19, 03:31 AM
I was finally able to get my Chickens to surrender enough Uneaten Grain to finish the last Sketch and convince the Turducken to become a permanent resident on my farm. I have to also thank all the other farmers who were selling Uneaten Grain in the Newspaper.

I'll continue working with the Chickens (who seem to not trust me very much: only one or two hand over the Uneaten Grain each half-hour, and then they forget and I have to convince them again) and selling whatever Uneaten Grain I can get from them, in bunches of 5 or 10, along with whatever other parts come from the Investigation Booth.

puzZelda
11-18-19, 06:10 PM
I kept thinking “just a few more and I can get on the next level... that’ll teach me. I surrender. Level 8 was the hill I died on.

RoyalBlue305
11-18-19, 09:59 PM
I was finally able to get my Chickens to surrender enough Uneaten Grain to finish the last Sketch and convince the Turducken to become a permanent resident on my farm. I have to also thank all the other farmers who were selling Uneaten Grain in the Newspaper.

I'll continue working with the Chickens (who seem to not trust me very much: only one or two hand over the Uneaten Grain each half-hour, and then they forget and I have to convince them again) and selling whatever Uneaten Grain I can get from them, in bunches of 5 or 10, along with whatever other parts come from the Investigation Booth.

Thanks Pookie. I hope others sell the grain too. I?m still on 8. Fingers crossed ppl will sell.

RoyalBlue305
11-19-19, 07:58 AM
Looks like I’m going to take an L on this event. Still on level 8. Chickens are stingy. Been scouring the market but few and far between on the grain. Ugh.

1946Jenny
11-20-19, 01:15 AM
Yet again we have a game based on random drops and I am fed up of feeding chickens and getting no uneaten grain. I have fed them for some days, granted not as much as at first as I am just getting unwanted eggs, but as yet have only received 3 uneaten grain so haven?t completed one sketch yet.
Given up on this game already - when are Storm 8 going to give us a game that doesn?t depend on luck and random drops? Failing time after time to complete the tasks or get a prize based only on luck is very frustrating and maybe with the number of posts going down and down others, like me are getting fed up too!,

I couldn?t agree more. I didn?t even start this event. It?s been really nice being able to concentrate on van and train deliveries!!

Fairyreserve
11-20-19, 03:10 PM
This event was pretty awful. Guess we'll see how today's is.

Heymichx
11-20-19, 07:16 PM
Same here - regular gamer, fed up of chickens this time but won?t be playing if I have the same experience again. Waste of time rather than enjoyment.

Dear Storm8, All I want for Christmas is an event that is new, different, and that I don?t recognize as being impossible to accomplish on the very first day. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice - that?s not happening! My neighbors are complaining, people on this forum are complaining, please stop the events for a week or two and do some brainstorming to come up with something original like you had for the first few years I played. Thanks for listening in advance!