PDA

View Full Version : Hallowind Dragon - October 11 2019 (Needed for the Scary Starlight Dragon Tales Event

deadpixel
10-11-19, 10:49 AM
https://i.ibb.co/17yYZ66/Hallowind-Baby.png

Rarity: Common
Type: Spooky and Yellow https://image.ibb.co/hy8G4U/Spooky30px.png https://image.ibb.co/naU9tL/Yellow30px.png
Habitat: Boneyard, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 https://image.ibb.co/eZGNB9/Gold20px.png
Selling Price: 100 https://image.ibb.co/gYGiJp/Coin20px.png

Breeding Combination: Green + Yellow (or Spooky + Yellow)
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780 https://image.ibb.co/jQ6NB9/Exp20px.png

Good luck! We have six days before this dragon is needed but have up to eight days to breed it before we panic.

It took two tries but I managed to get it breeding Neo Green with Neo Yellow. The first try breeding Neo Forest with Neo Air gave me a Fairy Dragon. :)

https://i.ibb.co/zZ44NyG/E83-F5-B92-0-BB7-4234-A3-F8-A60297-F828-BC.jpg

 => 
https://i.ibb.co/ccD137Y/1140-D1-A5-7361-4-F4-A-B882-4-BC8765-C65-F5.jpg

  

Good luck to everyone :)

amerirish
10-11-19, 04:19 PM
Air & Forest=5 hours (Parakeet fail)

Neo Air & Forest=4 hours (fingers crossed)

ETA: It was Loch Ness :( booo

Put Neo Air & Forest back in the den=4 hours......Palm :(

Candle & Air=4 hours.....

NeidusBluetip
10-12-19, 04:22 AM
First attempt: Neo Air + Forest = 4hrs

I'm always so surprised if I'm ever lucky enough to get it on the first try, since you all know how it normally goes o.o

greywagtail
10-12-19, 05:32 AM
First time Loch Ness, second time - 10 hrs. So we are breeding the rare Loch Ness instead of the common Hallowind? Seems that breeding common dragons is equivalent to super rares

Nuicakes
10-12-19, 05:37 AM
Skeleking x Neo Air = Hallowind.

orson32
10-12-19, 05:43 AM
Skeleking and Air..Hallowind

AraRaider
10-12-19, 04:52 PM
I’m just gonna comment that the name for this dragon is kinda ridiculous because it is so obviously a type of pumpkin dragon or even a type of gourd. I really hate when dragon story comes up with these dumb names that have absolutely nothing to do with the dragon itself. It's like the people who designed the dragon are not in charge of naming it and the people who name it and write the description have never actually even seen the dragon because they make up a name that has absolutely nothing to do with it when it is so obviously a pumpkin type of dragon...

greywagtail
10-13-19, 04:35 AM
Skeleking x Neo Air = Hallowind. This combination worked first time! Tx everyone for the tip.

Neilisha
10-14-19, 12:00 PM
I don't have any of the Neo yellow or green dragons so I tried with neo air and neo forest no luck 10 fails 1 loch Ness 1 palm and a few peridot so I tried skeleking and neo air and i got a bst dragon i didnt have one b4 then tried again got genie then got a roysl then got a genie then got a 30 he don't know what it is I speed breed it now it's on d den with an 8hr or 9 he dragon this is d 3 consecutive tales I catch me take in cause I can't breed d common this is rhell madness though and unreasonable to take so long to breed a common dragon and to make it worse am a really bad bingo player so I don't have much to speed breed very frustrating s8 find and fix this stupid glitch so common won't be so hard to breed

ghostiemom
10-14-19, 03:22 PM
I’ve gotten a slew of commons, peridot, two parakeets, and now three Druid in a row.

ghostiemom
10-14-19, 03:23 PM
I don't have any of the Neo yellow or green dragons so I tried with neo air and neo forest no luck 10 fails 1 loch Ness 1 palm and a few peridot so I tried skeleking and neo air and i got a bst dragon i didnt have one b4 then tried again got genie then got a roysl then got a genie then got a 30 he don't know what it is I speed breed it now it's on d den with an 8hr or 9 he dragon this is d 3 consecutive tales I catch me take in cause I can't breed d common this is rhell madness though and unreasonable to take so long to breed a common dragon and to make it worse am a really bad bingo player so I don't have much to speed breed very frustrating s8 find and fix this stupid glitch so common won't be so hard to breed
Not a glitch. Gold grab.

laurelsail
10-14-19, 04:06 PM
I can't breed this dragon to save my life! I have tried everything multiple times!

skyharbor602
10-14-19, 05:16 PM
I actually bred 2 of these. One was from Skeleking/Infinity and the other was from Diamond/Candle. I couldn't get it at all using green and yellow so I used two spooky/yellow hybrids with a diamond type to get the desired result. If you have Candle or Skeleking, try what I did.

shortdanzr
10-14-19, 06:12 PM
been trying this constantly. finally.

ghostiemom
10-14-19, 06:32 PM
Has anyone bred this without using a spooky type? I don’t have skeleking or candle. Does green/yellow even work?

ozigal
10-14-19, 10:00 PM
I can't breed this dragon to save my life! I have tried everything multiple times!

I am in the same boat, no fun here just pure frustration.

mymonta
10-14-19, 10:31 PM
Nonstop trying on 3 accounts, 2 with 2 dens, 1 with one, and 0 Hallowind for me. This is ridiculous.

mymonta
10-15-19, 05:28 PM
So, once again, shortly after I posted that I could not get this dragon, I did get 1 on 1 account. I used Skyharbor602's suggestion and used Skeleking with a Diamond and got it on the second try. This is on my oldest account that has barely enough food to finish the Tales, which is what happened to me last Tales, too. My baby account does not have Candle or Skeleking, so that is not an option there. My middle account has those 2 dragons as babies, so they are not old enough to breed. I guess I could evolve Candle and use her for breeding, but I like her as a baby. Her name is "Buffy." Lol!
The time has come, for me to lip sync for my life, oops, I mean for me to decide if I will buy this dragon on my other accounts, skip tasks using gold, or just forget it all together for those 2. Hmmmm.

AraRaider
10-15-19, 08:10 PM
Not a glitch. Gold grab.

I made a forum topic on this very thing. No one has said anything in yet though....but everyone here struggling to get hallowind is doing so because they dont really have common rarity event dragons as actual common rarity until after the event because they want their 200 gold a pop. The sneaky sneaks. I made the topic because they need to be called out on it.

If you wanna comment on that forum topic issue it?s here. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?109654-Common-rarity-event-dragons-are-a-LIE!

laurelsail
10-15-19, 08:16 PM
I actually bred 2 of these. One was from Skeleking/Infinity and the other was from Diamond/Candle. I couldn't get it at all using green and yellow so I used two spooky/yellow hybrids with a diamond type to get the desired result. If you have Candle or Skeleking, try what I did.

Unfortunately I tried Skeleking and Diamond and got 30 hours!

Fairyzbakery
10-15-19, 11:14 PM
I dont get it why are we told the breeding options that do not work. Green+ yellow= unlimited fails. Not all of us have candle or skeleton( spelling mistake) dragons. Really fed up.

deadpixel
10-15-19, 11:19 PM
I dont get it why are we told the breeding options that do not work. Green+ yellow= unlimited fails. Not all of us have candle or skeleton( spelling mistake) dragons. Really fed up.

They do work. I got it on my second try.

Shanndol
10-16-19, 04:50 AM
Just got it using Forest + Air (my first try of this combo).

ratsinthecity
10-16-19, 11:52 AM
I’ve been trying with air and forest for 5 days. I got a slew of rares to trade for essence, that’s the upside. On the downside, no hallowind. Just got another 10 hour fail. I need it for the Act tomorrow and it’s not looking good Larry. So be it, I don’t buy gold because of the sneaky ways it gets stolen with no confirmation when something is accidentally hit. I’ve had so much friend gifted gold stolen by accident swipes they strategically place I can’t even remember it all. If the game played fair, I would buy it, but not with sneaky steals. They ask you to confirm a 10 cent dragon sale but take away hundreds without a confirmation for so many accidental swipes.

mymonta
10-16-19, 12:22 PM
The green and yellow combo has obviously worked for many people. It is not an incorrect combination. However, for those of us who have used this combination nonstop for 5 days and not seen results, it is not a lot of fun. I did get a couple dragons on my newest account that it didn't already have, like Fairytale and Druid and Satyr, and I'm happy to have dragons that I can disenchant for Essence. However, it is little comfort knowing that you either can't continue to participate in the event or you can participate by using gold to skip. It does seem odd that a common dragon should be so hard to breed. I did some speed breeding on my newest account today and used every possible green/yellow combination that was possible, all to no avail. But yay! for dynamite that I can use to get island parts on that account.

amerirish
10-16-19, 06:09 PM
Sooooo, this thread gets a sticky and the actual event post gets moved to the Game Guides section?? :confused:

Kat4115
10-16-19, 07:49 PM
Has anyone bred this without using a spooky type? I don?t have skeleking or candle. Does green/yellow even work?

I?ve bred 3 so far with another breeding now using quetzal & air! Trying for Prime Life since I still don?t have that one but I keep getting either Hallowind or Parakeet dragons.

pod5124cra
10-16-19, 08:05 PM
That link doesn?t work.

SaltyCase
10-16-19, 09:32 PM
Why are the commons so hard to get? First a 44 hour diamond fail and now have a 35 hour fail? I am evolving the Skeleking now to breed and didn't realize how long that was. I think I will be running out of time for this event.

cherrycastleorchard
10-16-19, 10:19 PM
Me too it is rediculous when you try day after day and get every other common but the one we need.

delimiah
10-17-19, 10:29 AM
It is ridiculous, I've tried Skeleking & neo Air, Air & forest and all I got was Palmx5, Geniex2, Trickster and Buttercup! When will S8 actually listen to our complaints and remove all the other unwanted commons from previous events! Is it really so difficult to please their players!? ��

lnztrekfan
10-17-19, 10:48 AM
Still trying and now I’ve lost a day on tales because I can’t breed this dragon. I have terrible luck trying to breed these commons for tales.

Gladiola8
10-17-19, 10:14 PM
I stopped trying, can't keep trying all day & night for days. This is the story of Dragon Tales, I have experienced this same issues for so many years. I think it's about time I give up.

Trust me when Dragon Tales has finished you'll get Hallowind even though you do not want it. Typical Dragon Story, it's a waste of my time & energy.

Fairyzbakery
10-18-19, 12:08 AM
I give up. This is so stupid. Trying to breed this common dragon since last six days. I can understand they are trying to make it difficult for the players but one thing is difficult and other is IMPOSSIBLE۔ These type of set back just take the interest out of game. I was looking forward to collect all the zodiac dragons. I will losing three dragons now just because of this unbreedable common dragon.

ratsinthecity
10-18-19, 03:49 AM
I?ve been trying with air and forest for 5 days. I got a slew of rares to trade for essence, that?s the upside. On the downside, no hallowind. Just got another 10 hour fail. I need it for the Act tomorrow and it?s not looking good Larry. So be it, I don?t buy gold because of the sneaky ways it gets stolen with no confirmation when something is accidentally hit. I?ve had so much friend gifted gold stolen by accident swipes they strategically place I can?t even remember it all. If the game played fair, I would buy it, but not with sneaky steals. They ask you to confirm a 10 cent dragon sale but take away hundreds without a confirmation for so many accidental swipes.

Update: going on 7 days, still a slew of rare (AND SUPER RARE) to trade, but no hallowind.... frownie face.

Fairyzbakery
10-18-19, 12:57 PM
Update: still no luck. Used boost and gold to speed up but still plenty of fails.

oficeandfire
10-18-19, 10:57 PM
I feel this frustration! I have gotten many super rares and rares yet no ?common? hollowind after NONSTOP breeding! It?s ridiculous!!!!!

Fairyzbakery
10-19-19, 01:10 AM
Today is the last day that i am trying for this common. Right now another 6 hour fail.

PaulsonsPlace
10-19-19, 09:09 AM
I've given up trying to breed this common, I'm not wasting another weekend on this. On the upside, at least I'm stocked up on food.

ratsinthecity
10-19-19, 04:21 PM
Update: going on 7 days, still a slew of rare (AND SUPER RARE) to trade, but no hallowind.... frownie face.

UPDATE: Late on day 8, after plenty rare and super rare to trade for essence, and 8 days of nonstop trying I finally got a hallowind.

Fairyzbakery
10-19-19, 10:36 PM
Same here. I have just hatched the hallowind dragon. But only 2 days are remaining now.

Verucka
10-21-19, 12:53 PM
I've given up trying to breed this common, I'm not wasting another weekend on this. On the upside, at least I'm stocked up on food.

Me too!
Is the 2 time that I lost an event because I can't breed a stupid "common" Dragon.
Im not gonna spent my gold in a "common" dragon