PDA

View Full Version : The way the buildings face

Unregistered
08-23-10, 03:25 AM
Does anyone know whether it makes any difference whether your houses face the road or not. The rotation seems to only give two options for which way a house/business can face.

Also does every building, house etc benefit from having a road next to them as it doesnt seem logical to just block stuff together without roads.

Unregistered
08-23-10, 04:24 AM
It's odd, isn't it. There is no penalty for lacking road connections, or even building only businesses with no residences for the workers to live in or provide the base customers. The population and happiness thereof are only for decoration it would seem.

You can do without roads entirely, as many players do, and cram your lot full of whatever random building you like, facing whatever way you like (not that there are many rotation options on offer) and have people clean your field of concrete crops every minute to grind money faster than your thousand neighbours.
Fair play to you if you do but I'd rather see some rudimentary system in place to challenge us to build a working city and many more rotation options to make it look less like a farm.

Unregistered
08-23-10, 06:24 AM
Does anyone know why FACTORIES and CLOTHING BOUTIQUE can't be turned at all?

Unregistered
08-23-10, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know why FACTORIES and CLOTHING BOUTIQUE can't be turned at all?

As with Large parks, Happy houses and many others it is simply a case of the game's artists having not 'drawn' that structure from another angle yet. I don't know if they didn't include all the files with the game to keep memory down or whether they did and some simply failed to work? Either way I am surprised that we have reached the first content patch without seeing at lease the basic rotation options for these items.

TeamLava must know what is going on but good luck getting them to comment. :(

Unregistered
08-23-10, 03:54 PM
most decorating social games are only in 2 directions. artistically it's because the props/buildings, etc are designed to be interesting from those angles. game-wise it cuts down on memory, so there is less loading time, and more room for content. (same for animation- although many have complained about the lack of animation, animation can really slow down an internet game. if you're ever played games like playfish's country story or restaurant city you know what i'm talking about).

Unregistered
08-23-10, 03:55 PM
as for rotating the factories and other large buildings that take up about 2x2 plots or larger, i imagine it might take alot of time to process.

Unregistered
08-24-10, 02:42 AM
most decorating social games are only in 2 directions. artistically it's because the props/buildings, etc are designed to be interesting from those angles. game-wise it cuts down on memory, so there is less loading time, and more room for content. (same for animation- although many have complained about the lack of animation, animation can really slow down an internet game. if you're ever played games like playfish's country story or restaurant city you know what i'm talking about).

A shame then that most cities we base our decorative designs on commonly employ many angles when building new areas. Since the game has already added new buildings to slow loading times and add to memory I would sacrifice a portion of the next batch for a fix on buildings that do not rotate currently and a third angle for the smaller residences at least, this only aids the decorative element of what is supposed to be a city after all.

Unregistered
08-24-10, 02:45 AM
as for rotating the factories and other large buildings that take up about 2x2 plots or larger, i imagine it might take alot of time to process.

Like the Office Complex and the New Parking lot here or the various houses and barns in Farm Story? Oh, wait! :p
I think that iDevices handle worse than static, two dimensional images in the course of many apps myself.

Unregistered
08-25-10, 03:17 PM
Thanks TeamLava

Tomas-San
08-26-10, 08:23 AM
Cant wait for the parks to be able to rotate!!!

Unregistered
08-27-10, 04:06 AM
why cant we make two houses face each other, i want to make a neighborhood that have houses facing each others and between them a road

thanks