PDA

View Full Version : Bad Neighbours

FreddieTeddy
04-19-11, 02:59 AM
Hi, just had a nbr remove me because they said I did not send gifts, even though I sent pretty much every day ( odd occasion where I'd wait for the system to reset).

What can be done about these type of nbrs? What more could I have done? Only thing I could have done is ignore the kids and not get them ready for school to send that nbr gifts, sorry if a rant, fit to burst. Thinking of quiting.

FreddieTeddy

TheFluffySlipper
04-19-11, 03:21 AM
Uggh! You don't need neighbours like that anyway! Stingy ol' thing!

You couldn't have done anything more if you were already gifting daily. They probably weren't receiving them because they'd reached their daily limit. Why would you want to quit over this? You'll come across heaps of narky people .. just like in real life. The trick is to find the good neighbours and enjoy your time with them :)

MissCeara
04-20-11, 07:10 AM
I agree with Fluffy -- the person had probably already reached max gifts by the time you had gifted them.

I would say to just ignore the person and carry on like the good neighbor you are. As Fluffy mentioned, this game is, indeed, brimming with snarky people, but also kids with bad attitudes who like to harass people and even use vulgarity, etc. I make liberal use of the delete message button, LOL! Just find your niche of neighbors who you click with, and have nice conversations and exchanges with, and remember that they are the ones who count!

But to answer your question of what you could have done? My guess is nothing. All you can do is all you can do. :) And if that isn't good enough for someone, I'd file that under "not my problem" personally. There are so many warm, kind, supportive neighbors out there that it's not worth fretting over the odd bad experience.

I hope that you continue to get enjoyment out of the game. :)

kooky panda
04-20-11, 07:25 AM
I agree with all. Everyone plays the games differently. There are a lot of games that people are playing. I personally have been trying to get my nbr list down so I can manage each game better. I also have been deleted by nbrs for the same reasons. I never question if someone deletes me, I just assume that they are also trying to get their nbr list down and have kept their very favorite nbrs.
I play daily, and have been trying to only keep nbrs that I see everyday. Some people can only play a couple of times a week which is fine, but they need to look for nbrs that only play a little also.
Some people only send gifts, but never return any favors. That is fine too, but they need to try and find nbrs that do the same.
You should never get upset when someone deletes you... just try and find nbrs that play the game like you do.

zeldaahn2
04-20-11, 08:14 AM
Im beginning to filter out my neighbours. I always send them cappuchinos as that is the most profitable one. Yet they send me cheap stuff like brownies or hot chocolates. I really despise this. I even told them on the wall that I would like to only gift cappuchinos to each other. Yet they keep sending me things like valentine cakes or hot chocolates..

Thus I began to filter out neighbours and delete them. Some of these people Dont even Tip.

moonshyn
04-20-11, 08:43 AM
On android it no longer tells the price of the gift just how many. It will gift only 50 capps and I think 200 brownies, so I'm guessing some folks think the brownies are a better gift? I did delete a neighbor today for begging on my wall for caps. I have over 250 neighbors and dont have time to weed out one one begger.
Im beginning to filter out my neighbours. I always send them cappuchinos as that is the most profitable one. Yet they send me cheap stuff like brownies or hot chocolates. I really despise this. I even told them on the wall that I would like to only gift cappuchinos to each other. Yet they keep sending me things like valentine cakes or hot chocolates..

Thus I began to filter out neighbours and delete them. Some of these people Dont even Tip.

driftboutique
04-20-11, 04:08 PM
Yet they send me cheap stuff like brownies or hot chocolates. I really despise this.

Hot chocolate is only a marginally lower-value gift than cappuccinos, dude.

talyon
04-20-11, 04:50 PM
Yes I agree with all. You can't always do enough but there's so many people play it's no problem getting new neighbors.
I for one am presently toning down neighbors to 75 per game cause there's no way to manage them all. I play all the story games except empire. So at present have over 200 neighbors in each game that's way to many with no way to possibly have the time to visit all. My criteria will be simply weeding those out who don't gift. Tipping liking etc etc don't matter to me but gift giving doesn't take much time.

driftboutique
04-20-11, 05:16 PM
I totally agree, talyon. I have around 60 neighbors each in RS and BS and it's a good amount to keep track of. I've got 350+ in FS and I just cannot do anything but gift and return tips. I have started weeding out the people who are level 25+ and at zero stars. It's so easy to keep a 4 star rating.

sophiacml
04-20-11, 05:45 PM
Hm... I agree that everyone has different ways to play games. I, for one play all the games that I make promises to visit my neighbors not only I send gifts to them daily & I tried my best to do so. At the beginning, I have really thousands neighbors & when I started to reduce them, is actually easier to manage my promises to them. I figured actually if I have about at least 20 neighbors, then, I'm sure I'll receive 20 gifts per day. Of course, some of my stories have more neighbors for them to tip or what so ever. It's all about strategy & time management, I think. I ain't sure do you guys realize this event or not. Everyday at about 11pm, when you login every game, it'll show a box that you earn bonus of the day. When you send gifts at that time, mostly, all your neighbors will receive it instead having the message box with some reach the limit. Hence, my neighbors receive my gifts daily for sure. Tip wise, you just have to have less neighbors to manage instead having thousands.

driftboutique
04-20-11, 05:54 PM
I ain't sure do you guys realize this event or not. Everyday at about 11pm, when you login every game, it'll show a box that you earn bonus of the day. When you send gifts at that time, mostly, all your neighbors will receive it instead having the message box with some reach the limit.

That's 3AM my time... My neighbors will just have to deal 

MissFiona
04-20-11, 10:52 PM
I read on another thread that your gift recipient will have to "accept" your gift and it is placed in their "my gifts." in order for them to actually get your gift. your gift will eventually fall off their queue as more neighbors are sending gifts to the same neighbor. In other words, let's say you are the 19th person to send a gift to one neighbor. When the second person after you send the same neighbor a gift, your gift will fall out. So, even if you think your gift was sent successfully, it doesn't mean your neighbor receives it. At the time your neighbor "accept" gifts, they will receive the last 20, not the first 20.

Mogwai4111
04-21-11, 01:46 AM
I read on another thread that your gift recipient will have to "accept" your gift and it is placed in their "my gifts." in order for them to actually get your gift. your gift will eventually fall off their queue as more neighbors are sending gifts to the same neighbor. In other words, let's say you are the 19th person to send a gift to one neighbor. When the second person after you send the same neighbor a gift, your gift will fall out. So, even if you think your gift was sent successfully, it doesn't mean your neighbor receives it. At the time your neighbor "accept" gifts, they will receive the last 20, not the first 20.

If you try to send a gift to someone who already has 20 you get a message saying delivery was unsuccessful. You do not push one of the first 20 gifts off.

I think what you're talking about is how the news feed only shows the names of the 10 most recent gifters and tippers.

TheFluffySlipper
04-21-11, 01:59 AM

Oh heaven forbid they make their own individual choice regarding their own game! I have deleted people who continually demand a certain gift ... I think it is rude and unappreciative! Just because you prefer something one way doesn't mean that other people are wrong for doing it a different way. And how am I supposed to remember their request every time I gift out of 50 or so neighbours? That's certainly not in the spirit of gifting now is it? If you were feeding a hungry family with the money you earn here then I would understand, but it's a GAME ffs. Be patient because you earn the money in the end. I call your type the 'gift nazis'!

driftboutique
04-21-11, 08:27 AM
In honor of this thread, I have decided to gift hot chocolate today :D

I don't know why people are so down on it, to be honest. It nets 400 coins, not much less than cappuccino, and it looks so very delicious on the counter... hmm, I wonder if I have the ingredients for hot chocolate in my house...

MissFiona
04-21-11, 05:21 PM
If you try to send a gift to someone who already has 20 you get a message saying delivery was unsuccessful. You do not push one of the first 20 gifts off.

I think what you're talking about is how the news feed only shows the names of the 10 most recent gifters and tippers.

The neighbor will have to "accept" the gift before it counts toward the 20 gifts. That is what I read, anyways. I don't know how the person who posted it figured that out.

sophiacml
04-21-11, 05:33 PM
Honestly, I agree the cappuccino is the best gift but then again, you'll get bored all the time just to send the same drinks all the time. I prefer varieties on my counters. Hence, I don't decline gifts that isn't.

cubbish
04-22-11, 04:04 PM
If someone is giving you hassle it's probably best to delete them. I had a neighbour once who complained quite nastily that I never sent Valentine Cupcakes; so I got rid. You don't need anyone to ruin what should be a fun time by getting a cob on over nothing :)

lesleypsg1
04-22-11, 07:35 PM
Hi, just had a nbr remove me because they said I did not send gifts, even though I sent pretty much every day ( odd occasion where I'd wait for the system to reset).

What can be done about these type of nbrs? What more could I have done? Only thing I could have done is ignore the kids and not get them ready for school to send that nbr gifts, sorry if a rant, fit to burst. Thinking of quiting.

FreddieTeddy

You're an awesome nbr Freddie. Don't let others ruin your games for you 

kimlac
05-01-11, 01:43 PM
Seriously...are people that petty that they will cut off a neighbor because their gifts are "bad". Maybe some people don't realize that some items are more than others. Isn't it better to give than to receive anyway?? For me, this game is just light-hearted fun and if people are taking it too seriously than too bad. If someone posted that they only wanted capps because they are the most point, I'd probably send them brownies on purpose. Get over yourselves and just have fun!!!!!!

kimlac
05-01-11, 01:44 PM
Love that term "gift nazis" :)

dewey1025
08-17-11, 06:42 PM
-Gm edited-

greygull
08-17-11, 06:44 PM
This thread is too old. Please stop pulling these up.