PDA

View Full Version : Cleared land unusable

R0nsterrrz
06-30-19, 07:22 PM
There are spots on my game where I can not place anything. Anytime that I try it cycles back to the previous placement. I am using Android.

oldmcz
08-11-19, 08:45 AM
Help! Expanded area inaccessible!

I?ve expanded an area but it?s unusable. I can?t place anything on it and even the pets don?t walk through it. I?ve restarted and no change.

Rynetory2
08-12-19, 05:14 AM
There are spots on my game where I can not place anything. Anytime that I try it cycles back to the previous placement. I am using Android.

Can you post a screenshot?

Rynetory2
08-12-19, 05:17 AM

I?ve expanded an area but it?s unusable. I can?t place anything on it and even the pets don?t walk through it. I?ve restarted and no change.

Are there any obstacles in the new plot and have you cleared them yet? Try that and see if that helps.

oldmcz
08-12-19, 11:17 AM

IMG_1902.jpg

Rynetory2
08-13-19, 03:43 AM
IMG_1902.jpg

I cant see your photo. :(

Take a screenshot and trim it. To post it on forum, go to the [Quick Reply] box where you type a new post, click on the [Insert Image] icon, last 3rd icon from the right in the toolbar and select [From Computer] tab. Follow the rest of the instructions to insert the photo.

See How To A Post Photo On The Forum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum) if you need more help on adding a photo to your post.

ladylake2
08-18-19, 05:19 PM

I have the same issue. Today I expanded to two areas behind the water garden. One is usable, the other is not. There is another area that it also happened with. I cleared both areas. I closed the game, turned iPad off & then restarted with no luck! It is frustrating because it takes so long to accumulate new expansion items!
ladylake2

Rynetory2
08-21-19, 04:55 AM
I have the same issue. Today I expanded to two areas behind the water garden. One is usable, the other is not. There is another area that it also happened with. I cleared both areas. I closed the game, turned iPad off & then restarted with no luck! It is frustrating because it takes so long to accumulate new expansion items!
ladylake2

I can't advise without knowing which plot. Can you post screenshot?

ladylake2
09-04-19, 07:20 AM
Tried several times to upload photos without success. Get message that upload failed. Is there a way I can figure out grid of the area?
Thanks.

Rynetory2
09-08-19, 05:47 AM
Tried several times to upload photos without success. Get message that upload failed. Is there a way I can figure out grid of the area?
Thanks.

I've asked to see if they can check your game.

oldmcz
09-22-19, 03:37 PM
I cleared an area that is unusable. I can?t place anything on it and pets won?t walk across it. It is in the lower east quadrant of my farm circled by plain wood fencing it has one tree that cannot be cleared. I would attach a photo but every time I try it says that it failed to upload.

Rynetory2
09-22-19, 04:32 PM
I cleared an area that is unusable. I can?t place anything on it and pets won?t walk across it. It is in the lower east quadrant of my farm circled by plain wood fencing it has one tree that cannot be cleared. I would attach a photo but every time I try it says that it failed to upload.

You need to trim the photo before you can upload it.

Merged your new thread to existing.

I cant see your photo. :(

Take a screenshot and trim it. To post it on forum, go to the [Quick Reply] box where you type a new post, click on the [Insert Image] icon, last 3rd icon from the right in the toolbar and select [From Computer] tab. Follow the rest of the instructions to insert the photo.

See How To A Post Photo On The Forum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum) if you need more help on adding a photo to your post.

oldmcz
10-11-19, 10:07 AM

Her is the photo of the unusable land . It is encircled in plain brown fencing in the middle of the shot and has one unclearable tree on it. When I contacted storm 8 about it they said I should go to the forum to solve my problem and they closed the querie.

ladylake2
10-13-19, 03:43 PM
Another player had the same problem. I think the plots are unusable because there are trees that cannot be removed by tools. It must be a bug in the game that Storm 8 has to remove. It takes a lot to expand & discouraging when area is not useable. Would advise players to look when they use the expand option. Do not expand if there is an object pre

Breejan1987
01-13-20, 09:11 PM
These plots have been purchased but I can move items to them. Is this how they are supposed to be? I see other players using the same plots. Do I have to wait until a certain level before they come available? If so, I sure wish I’d known that before using up so many parts on them which could have be used on working plots.

PookieBear50
01-13-20, 10:30 PM
These plots have been purchased but I can move items to them. Is this how they are supposed to be? I see other players using the same plots. Do I have to wait until a certain level before they come available? If so, I sure wish I’d known that before using up so many parts on them which could have be used on working plots.

I have checked my farm (because I have expanded to the same area) and the farms of lower level players who are nowhere near reaching this area, and as nearly as I can tell, those two plots look exactly the same on my farm and on the lower level farms. I do not think they can be expanded or purchased as of yet.

A couple of years ago, some parcels of land were made available that had the same types of trees that you see on those two plots...trees that could neither be cut down nor moved. It took quite a while for the programmers to finally remove the trees. I think that, until the programmers are ready to remove more trees or rewrite things so that those trees will disappear when we expand onto those plots, those plots (and others like them) will not be made available for purchase at all.

Paul__
01-14-20, 05:49 PM
I can confirm that these areas cannot be expanded to.

oldmcz
01-26-20, 08:51 AM

I agree. We save up our land deeds etc. to expand to these areas and then they are unusable. As of yet, no one can explain to me what is going on on these plots. If it was right at the edge it might be better but these plots are right in the middle of usable land. I sure hope they fix this glitch soon.

Paul__
01-26-20, 09:07 AM
I’m guessing that we can’t expand there because of the trees which are probably hardcoded. Same with the darker grass in some areas.

oldmcz
02-14-20, 09:24 AM
Rynetory2! What do you think? Can anything be done for us?
Thank you!

judyandthecat
02-18-20, 03:49 AM
Are these the pieces of land that I have squared off on a farm.
They are not useable by anyone if you notice the colour they are smooth no little yellow specks have a tree on three of them.

You think they are useable on some farms but they really aren't.
When visiting a farm if you touch an item the name appears of that item.
Next time you are on a farm that has items in that area touch an item there and a name will not appear. Long ago some farmers due to an error were able to place items there.
Those items if moved cannot be replaced there. It was a glitch.

Fairyreserve are these the pieces of land you are referring too?

They are not useable I call them the park...smile a nice clean green area.

Fairyreserve
02-18-20, 02:42 PM
YES!!!! Yes, these are the two plots!! OMG, thank you so much for finally addressing this and answering me. Ok, so now that I understand -->

* They're unusable, fine. Understood, these things happen. But I want to make clear that I have other parts of my farm that I cleared that left standing weird trees that aren't able to be cut down, and it didn't make a difference. I just put stuff over them, and it's fine. So it didn't occur to me that those same weird trees would be a problem in those plots.

* Why can't Storm8 give players that spent all those expansion parts AND COINS back to them? It's a simple refund to those players to just give that stuff back. Not having the parts is bad enough, but the coinage is huge. Some of those things were paid for with real money, so taking that stuff from us when $$ is involved and not giving it back actually, ya know, yucky.

Is there any indication that Storm8 will give those parts and coins back to us that were used in those two plots?

judyandthecat
02-18-20, 03:34 PM
Oh heck we earn coins, we get expansion papers from plane drops, etc
We buy them from the newspaper.
That piece of land might become something in the future.
Right now it is like a green clearing.
We make more coins from farming and collect more expansion parts.
Clear more land.
Etc
Let's have fun and let's farm.
I have seen some farmers totally fence in the area and it looks like a nice green meadow.

Paul__
02-18-20, 03:58 PM
YES!!!! Yes, these are the two plots!! OMG, thank you so much for finally addressing this and answering me. Ok, so now that I understand -->

* They're unusable, fine. Understood, these things happen. But I want to make clear that I have other parts of my farm that I cleared that left standing weird trees that aren't able to be cut down, and it didn't make a difference. I just put stuff over them, and it's fine. So it didn't occur to me that those same weird trees would be a problem in those plots.

* Why can't Storm8 give players that spent all those expansion parts AND COINS back to them? It's a simple refund to those players to just give that stuff back. Not having the parts is bad enough, but the coinage is huge. Some of those things were paid for with real money, so taking that stuff from us when $$ is involved and not giving it back actually, ya know, *****

Is there any indication that Storm8 will give those parts and coins back to us that were used in those two plots?

No coins or parts were spent on these lands.

Fairyreserve
02-19-20, 12:32 PM
No coins or parts were spent on these lands.

They were, actually. I spent parts to clear them, then used pickaxes and shovels. I am nearly positive that I had to use coins to expand to at least one of them.

Fairyreserve
02-19-20, 12:37 PM
Oh heck we earn coins, we get expansion papers from plane drops, etc
We buy them from the newspaper.
That piece of land might become something in the future.
Right now it is like a green clearing.
We make more coins from farming and collect more expansion parts.
Clear more land.
Etc
Let's have fun and let's farm.
I have seen some farmers totally fence in the area and it looks like a nice green meadow.

Yes, agreed on all counts EXCEPT when real money is spent for those packs of expansions. Like the intermittent offers of $4.99, etc. Now, I personally, didn't spend $$ on those packs (I spend $34 on gems a couple times a year so I can get show ponies), but some people do buy those, and when you then use them to expand to those plots that you then can't use, that's not ok.

I think it's not cool to spend months gathering expansion resources that you use on something that can't be used and the be stuck with oh well just enjoy the game. But I understand and at least I now have my answer. Thanks.